Buyfag Thread

virtues > sins

Will anything bad happen when I cleanse my pvc scales under the shower?

What does Sup Forums think about her?

Kill yourself, other thread is still up.

I love her and I ordered her.

I did as well, but I’m wondering if it comes with an illustration card or something showing Nan’s original artwork?

god fucking damn it what is wrong with manufacturers
why do they fuck up so often and why do these delays happen
aren't japs supposed to be obsessed with punctuality and hard work? why won't they just say in advance that they're probably going to need 18 months to release a fig, not just 12?
why can't they just be honest?

Which was the best figure coming out of WonFes and why was it Altair?!

>aren't japs supposed to be obsessed with punctuality and hard work?
They're more obsessed with honor and being forced to commit ritual suicide by their samurai boss if they fuck up shading the paint on the hair of the latest Rem figure.

>aren't japs supposed to be obsessed with punctuality and hard work?

Good one, user. Had me chuckle.

Dunno if this goes here or elsewhere, but how do I store tankoubon? They always seem to warp in weird ways.

Like any other book, straight and on a bookshelf

Judging by the sheer amount and variety of figures and merch I see on YJA, Sonic Soldier Borgman, and Boogiepop Phantom must have been huge back in their day.

>Borgman
Even this decade there's two prepainted scales of Anice.

Official meme girl of the year 1988. The Saber of her day.

Actually, at least one of the sculptors who did a lot of Anice went on to do a couple of Sabers and Mikus.

Are buyfag threads always this slow?

No it seems a bit off today

Ah okay. Dismissing figures though, I've been buying more physical anime and manga. Some of the prices really make me regret not buying some titles sooner. I think sometimes DVD sales can be even more ridiculous than figures at times.

Is there anybody here who collects physical media, or is it just figures and stuff?

I'd rather have it be slow than the shitshow that was the last thread.

I find retarded to get physical media when it can be easily pirated with little to no loss in quality

I'm mostly figures with some DVDs, artbooks, and manga.
There are some here with libraries of doujins or walls covered in dakis.

Yeah but there's something so satisfying about looking at shelves full of books and DVDs. Especially when I want to relax and read manga without resorting to using my laptop.

I mean, you can save all the pictures of figures that you want, but it doesn't really compare to holding the real thing in your hand, and seeing it on your shelf, does it?

Physical manga is much higher quality than scans from my experience, but I'd agree on things like blu-rays, its more a case of actually owning a physical product or the bonuses that it might come with.

Except you can't even do that with dvd and bd, you are not consuming the physical item but the contents of it, unlike figures.

So no, not the same

I have a small collection of imported manga. I want to get more but figures have taken up most of my shelf space to the point of I may be possibly cannibalizing the manga space by pushing the manga back and putting nendroids in front of them,.

I agree with manga and doujins since screentones are way better on actual paper, but not for actual anime, its just a waste.

What was wrong with the last thread?

>waste
I still think there is some value in owning the actual item though, especially if things are included.

Speaking of bonus products, what do you do with them? Sometimes they might be posters, which can obviously be hung on a wall, but sometimes I get little postcard things or character cards. I never know what to do with them and always just put them in a folder somewhere and forget about them.

I understand your sentiment, but DVD and Blu-Ray sales support the original creators of the anime much, much more than figure sales. When you buy a figure, most of that money of course goes to the manufacturing company. The original creators only get a tiny fraction of that cost in the form of licenses.

So, if you want to make sure that your favorite anime gets another season, or that your favorite studio produces more stuff, make sure to buy DVDs and Blu-Rays.

Lots of complaining over the OP image which was perfectly acceptable. I think it dragged on for well over 100 posts.

This. I usually buy the English releases, but if it's a show I really like, I'll double dip and get the Japanese versions too.

Except thats not true, the money for anime sales is just as divided as the money from any other kind of merchandise, the creators are just a tiny fraction of the whole production committee which is not the only entity working on actual manufacture and distribution of the media.

You can see it with plenty of franchises living by the actual merchandise sales and not the old and deprecated audiovisual sales model.

Just ignore obvious shitposting, I don't know why people in these threads find that so hard to do

>So, if you want to make sure that your favorite anime gets another season, or that your favorite studio produces more stuff, make sure to buy DVDs and Blu-Rays.
That hasn't been true for years you know, there are plenty of franchises that get way more from figures or other merchandise than dvd and bd sales

I've seen people put cards and whatnot in their displays if its related to a figure they own and it can look quite nice.

That was debunked a while ago, you can find industry reports for the past couple of decades and BD/DVD sales are not even a third of the money generated by other merchandise

It was the same thing with tripfags a few years back, the threads were full of them, and people kept making a huge deal about it.

>The original creators only get a tiny fraction of that cost in the form of licenses.
Its the same for anime series bub, the studio is actually hired by a production comitte formed by multiple companies, then publishers and manufacturers of the actual media are hired as well , so its not like it's a split share earning, most of the money stays within the production staff and never reaches the authors

>and BD/DVD sales are not even a third of the money generated by other merchandise
Different guy, but that could just mean they dont sell nearly as much BDs as other much, an individual BD could still contribute more than merch of equal value

That only applies for some franchises like precure and anything bandai you know, try others like anything hobby japan related, hell, even BRS and plenty other produced by GSC ar elike that

>35k order
>10k shipping
It hurts

GATE box set came with a flag, patch, and some cards. I might frame a couple and display them with the Rorys. Also a little metal halberd that I've got on the desktop for now.

W-what is it?

>little metal halberd

Care to share your collection? If you are that worried to support the authors I'd like to see only japanese imports and not localized ones.

Enjoy customs taxing the shit out of that, unless you're one of those lucky amerifats who have a trade agreement with Nihon

reminder that nendos are superior

inb4 mangafag

Just because you have an extra Chromosome it doesn't mean you and your kind are superior

Entoma when

all scales have ugly faces

I'd like a Solution to go with that, and maybe a CZ

nice bait, here's your (you)

nendos are fucking shit

nice delusion

>LWAtard

Quelle surprise.

A mix of small and very large items. Polyinian Janna, FAG Baihu, 1/8 Wo Class, 1/4 Porkchop, and a Gundam ground war set. Shipping was actually less than I was expecting. I just hope they don't pull the shit CD Japan did on me once. "Oh, after packing it turned out it was heavier then expected. Pay up $20 extra or we don't ship it."

The one good thing about being a burger is cheap shipping from nipland

Nipland has cheap shipping to anywhere, you know. At least when compared to any non asian postal system

there's no diana so this further proves nendos are shit

>GK
JUST.

Tight

disgusting

Puffy

>not cast-offable
what's the point?

Japanese loli Batman?

Blue balling you.

Top might be castoffable, wouldn't be the first one

I collect some physical manga if it's a series with sentimental value for me or has really good art that I need to see on paper to appreciate at its fullest. I also collect doujinshi for my favorite series; since they tend to be older, that's a more expensive hobby.

What's the best Nendoroid and why is it Renge?

>shit fig type
>shit girl
how to detect a pleb 101

That's a cute autism nendroid. Does it come with a puzzle piece in hand as a preorder bonus?

START YOUR ENGINES!

>calling renge a shit girl
how to detect a pleb 101

Preferences are preferences.

Hotaru would be better if she had a MAMA TADAIMA plate

I find it weird how Blue's boob push on red's boob but red boob don't actually lift one bit blue's boob.

It's like a lead boob colliding with a water boob

That's a cute Saber!

>dude muh tsundere loli who doesn't ever show emotions and is immature as fuck
the only thing she has going for her is the purple hair

>Collecting figs instead of onas

Did this really need to be 20"? Half of it is just the stripper pole and wings going upward

>tsundere
>doesn't ever show emotions
>immature as fuck

Literally all wrong, im amazed someone managed to miss the point of a simple character so hard

Holy shit this guy is retarded

She has though? Seen it in one of user's collections. Though it might have been a borrowed faceplate, not sure.

It's actually Akari from Yuru Yuri.

Looks like the Popura faceplate.

Do you hotglue your figures?

>tfw non non biyori is too smart for some people

>Renge
>Tsundere

(checked)
If I had castoffable ones I would, but as it stands no, I don't.

Intentionally lowering the value of your figures and giving you hours of work to clean just to have a few seconds of pleasure?

>Lowering the value
I bet some anons would pay more for ''used'' goods.

I had to pass on it because I can't fit it anywhere reasonable with that super high pole.

>telling people you hotglue
user... I have sold plenty of hotglued figs at their optimal value, the key is to lie

That doesn't matter if you don't plan on selling them anyways.
I doubt that.

That's pretty disgusting

Actually the artists get paid a flat rate for their contract with the studio. If the show is a smash hit, they won't see a dime extra. Royalties and all that kind of profit all goes to the production committee companies, and a select few of the creators, like maybe the director.

You're a bad man.

>I doubt that.
Do you really?

I really want it but I'm thinking the same. It'slike 1.5x the size of a perfect grade Unicorn Gundam. I have nowhere to put it.