Why is this the most overhyped shit...

why is this the most overhyped shit? i'm tired of hearing about how this anime is a "masterpiece" I genuinely don't understand how this is the most popular show right now, and the shilling is only going to get worse when the new season comes out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3wNQHnEXBLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>most popular show right now
lol

I’m going to Super PUSH Kimetsu no Yaiba!

because its the perfect formula of normiebait: superpowers, easy to find episodes, le quirky relatable characters, and to top it all off it has an absurd number of tropes

Because it's at least decent and only garbage shows come out now.

>this anime is a "masterpiece"
It's just another shonen anime

>decent

no, it's just reused tropes

And shonen are always the best

Because you’re a normalfag that spends his time on jewtube and jewbook and those two sites are normalfag central because I’ve never seen the “overhype” around here for quite some time

inuyashiki was decent imo, I'm an okufag though
darling in the franxx looks promising and i heard made in abyss and magus bride are ok too

You should have seen Katsucon it was a Hero Academia shitshow this year

The sad thing is that this isn't even the baitiest BNHA thread right now.

>Two bait threads for a non-airing anime
And I thought DarliFra has absorbed most of the shitpost quotient

The only good thing about MiA were the first chapters. It has one of the worst cast of characters ever and every chapter feels like filler. It was the most overrated shit of the year, even more than MHA.

Stop being a bitch. You don't like all the shilling it gets? Then ignore you dumb fuck.

I honestly hate the hatedom for MHA more than I hate the fandom.

The overhyped shit is dragon ball super. mha is ok it shouldn't be overhyped like this.

Bakugou is the only good thing about this show

This

Lies. All Might is good too.

You can't understand cause you have shit taste.

>Naruto without the cool ninja shit, but capeshit stagnation

I mean, I like the series but I've never thought it was a MASTERPIECE. Jeez poeple calm down. It's not even done.

Unironically this

from what I gathered it seems people like it because it supposedly doesn't make the same mistakes made by other works in the same genre. In my opinion this is just some bullshit reasoning subconsciously made up by fans and pretentious critics to justify their enjoyment of the series, I think people like it because they were looking for something to replace Naruto in their life and MHA just happened to have a comfy and familiar artstyle and setting so they just flocked to it en masse.

casuals love shounenshit. this isn't news.

Because shounenshits feel bad about liking generic shounen slug fests, so they justify it by saying "its not your avg. show"

By that stupid ass logic Black Clover would have been better recieved

black clover doesn't have a comfy artstyle and setting

But Black Clover is shit.

lol your just jealous because Black Clover is raking millions right

It's the same reason people liked DBZ. A lot of people that watch anime don't want slice-of-life stupid fanservice bullshit. They want escapism, and the ability to see shit they'd never see in real life. Hence the success of my hero and OPM

That's not why I like DBZ

>inuyashiki
>decent
It has interesting beginning, but nothing more than that. Then it just drags itslef on non-existent plotline until absolutely empty end.
It's absolutely terrible, even worse than typical trope-overwhelmed shounentrash.

This.
At least Naruto had cool ninja-gimmick, while bnha is about the most boring thing possible - superheroes.

i bet this guy watches citrus and moetrash lol

Nothing has reason or story in Inuyashiki, dude kills people, grandad saves, meteorite falls dude and grandad suicide bomb it saving everyone - the end.
Beginning and main character being old are the only interesting parts of it, overall it's the most empty and uneventful thing I ever read.

it's so bad it's good

If you watched anime, then probably yes.
But I read it as manga, while it was ongoing and it was unredeemably absolutely terrible and boring.
Half of the manga were just photoshopped photos of big places without any dialogues and every little event dragged for a few chapters of such photos with super-grand-dad and few explosions photoshopped in.

because it's actually written correctly.

You have a beta protagonist who sucks, but he has the potential to get better. It's not some shitty /r9k/ meme anime where he just cries for 20 episodes and people are like "Wow the edge. 10/10"

There are cool fights.

It's also a 2cour.

Problem with most anime is either they start off too OP and it gets boring, or they just stay beta forever.

Theoretically, you could right every anime correctly, but people choose to write betas and Gary Stus instead.

The hateboner Sup Forums has for this series is so undeserved. It's not even that popular.

>school of fighting
>superheroes
All the worst possible sins in one.

It's Naruto for gen Z.

This.

>because it's actually written correctly.
fuck off hori

Japanese have shit taste. BnH isn't bad, but I don't think it's great. Maybe they're just desperate for something new that isn't angsty teen fighting adults.

Oh...wait.

> why is this the most overhyped shit?
> capeshit
> pretty boys
> naruto ripoff
Oh i dont know, how could the normalfags love this piece of garbage? You tell me user.

Better than the ULTRA PUSH bnha gets desu. Plus Kimetsu is a genuinly good series.

Because its a battle shinen that isnt shit

Thats aLl it takes nowadays

this series would have been good had we actual focus on the side characters and made the school setting worth a fucking damn.
instead we get our 5 central special snowflakes and direct jumps into action and fights that feel forced as fuck because the series has barely started and half the cast is just thrown to the side.

>Two MHA hate threads on the front page

Someone's mad about the shitty anime awards.

You go anywhere outside Sup Forums?
Its trending on twitter right now, and it did a few times already.
But the time of magical knights is over, right now capeshit gets sucked off like crazy due to MCU and other mediocre shit. So obviously normies will flock to a capeshit manga.

>being this contrarian

one day you'll become a hero too, user...
youtube.com/watch?v=3wNQHnEXBLs

> not even that popular.
Dude go to youtube,faceshit,other places other than Sup Forums and you will find A LOT of people praising the living hell out of this crap.

>this is a masterpiece
>that is a masterpiece
>this is also a masterpiece
If everything is a masterpiece, nothing will be.
It's capeshit, capeshit's all the hype right now and I hate it!

What's the results?

Hero Aca won about everything it was nomineted for, except AotY which went to made in abyss.

Well, it's typically a generic shounen trash anime. Idk, I just hate it

based

it's a worse version of pre-timeskip Naruto
there's nothing decent about bnha, pure mediocrity

Uhm no, fights tend to get drawn out too much, the main trio is only at seven dan (or whatever it is called) despite being able to do something about upper moons. The powercreep is ABSURD, one lower moon dies and they all get relegated to jobber tier, so much wasted potential
No, Bnha and kimetsu are different from each other so saying which one is better is really difficult but if we compare them on how they handled nekketsu's trope (or "battle shonen's trope" for incultured swines) then bnha comes out on top.

>I think people like it because they were looking for something to replace Naruto in their life and MHA just happened to have a comfy and familiar artstyle and setting so they just flocked to it en masse.
Black clover is way WAY closer to Naruto than Bnha and yet bnha is the more popular of the 2.

Maybe that's the problem.
Even Naruto fans don't want to watch Naruto any more.

That's the thing.
Bnha is a Naruto replacement, while Clover is a Naruto rip-off.

>At least Naruto had cool ninja-gimmick
Please user, naruto "ninjas" were just cosplaying magicians. Like every other shonen it used an "energy system" (chakra, ki, nen, you name it).
Meanwhile Bnha doesn't have that and rely on powers unique to each characters which allow the author to be more creative (the same reason why araki ditched the ripple for stands).
You calling bnha more boring than naruto just shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Are you really that dense that you can't see how a super hero shonen could become popular after all the things marvel shat out in the past 10 years? Even if you think you could write a better super hero manga it doesn't matter because this one's already struck gold with timing and popularity. It'll probably turn up like Bleach, milking characters and having more convoluted arcs to keep it around for 10 years.

>deku's ability
>PUNCH HARDER
this is ignoring the fact that any sort of ability is only ever used to a hilariously barebones level.

even naruto had more depth than this shit.

>Naruto had cool ninja-gimmick
Naruto quickly became giant lasers and monsters though.

When you replace something you will take the thing closest to it and therefore the rip-off.
If people wanted a naruto replacement they would have taken black clover.
Also I don't get that "replacement" logic, you are sounding like you believe that people can only read a few manga and that when one ends, they replace it with another. That's not how it works. People will read manga that they enjoy. Nothing stop someone form reading both bnha and naruto at the same time.

well, bnha is already just ippo-level punch harder kiddo shit

It's good because it has a pure heart

People are sick of the grimdark edgy shit

what was the last grimdark edgy popular series?

T. I've watched 10 anime

Black Clover copies Naruto too much, which make it uninteresting for both those who already read Naruto and new generation that just prefers capeshit.
While Bnha is its own thing, while still being Naruto-like in spirit.

>People are sick of the grimdark edgy shit
Please show me grimdark edgy shit that's out in last two years.

>>deku's ability
>>PUNCH HARDER
Anything will sound simple when you willing oversimplify it like that, it's at the same level as the ">muh X" """argument""".
Deku's power originality lies in the fact that he can't fully use it yet and have to find ways to get the most out of it without breaking himself and that's where the originality lies.

>this is ignoring the fact that any sort of ability is only ever used to a hilariously barebones level.
Wrong, endeavor, for example, use his flame quirk to melt walls in order to climb them.

>Naruto-like in spirit.
I don't think "naruto-like" is the good choice of word as I can't think of a single think that naruto added to nekketsu.

Tokyo ghoul I think.

>BnHA is a masterpiece
>Most popular show
Sure as fuck you didn't hear that here. Go back to normalfagbook

Name one show that can't be reduced to reused tropes.

There is nothing creative about MHA's battle system or abilities, everything it does has been done over and over in other shonen manga and so far Horikoshi hasn't made any attempt to change that or to try his hands at more complex and convoluted techniques like those seen in HxH.

Naruto needs a replacement and people latched on it. Dropped it after they had that fight with the villain only to have them hold a sports event afterwards as if the villain never happened.

>feels like filler
>if a chapter doesn't have a huge, earth-shattering event or spell its developments out to me, it's filler
You must be 18+ to post here.

This. It's not anything new, it's just old stuff done well.

tropes don't make it had, user. It's how these tropes are executed and BnHA does the pretty well. BnHA is a solid battle shounen

Well, they train them to fight villians. There were not going to stop the course because one attacked.

How long are people going to be salty about BNHA?

So instead of having actual training they do a sports event? Makes sense.

>There is nothing creative about MHA's battle system or abilities
It is, not using an energy system allows you more creative liberties when it comes down to your fights.
Also what is original i bnha isn't the premise but the execution. For example deku and bakugo powers are pretty common in manga but the way they use them isn't, for example bakugo's flying and deku spreading his power to different parts of his body.

>Best Animaton - My Hero Academia S2
>Best Action - My Hero Academia S2
>Best Boy - Shoto Todoroki
>Best Girl - Ochako Uraraka
>Best Hero - Izuku "Deku" Midoriya
>Best Villain - Stain

This how popular BnHA right now.

lick my taint ;-)

An event where they learn tactics and how to properly use their powers so they dont job when it matters. Sounds good to me.

>Naruto
>cool ninja shit
please go and stay go

>superheroes
>Inherently bad
I want Sup Forums to leave.

The energy system in shonen manga never mattered in the slightest because the writer always arbitrarly decides when a character is out of energy or not, it switches between being relevant and irrelevant depending on the writer's needs, and it is certainly not a limitation of creativity, case in point : HxH.
I don't know how many shonen you've read but using an energy blast to move around in the air is hardly anything new and spreading your power to different parts of your body is literally One Piece's armament haki so nothing new here either.
I am still waiting for Horikoshi to do something unique with his power system, so far this is quite a letdown.

I mean cool in comparison to capeshit. I haven't even watched Naruto.

>watch MHA
>realize it is word for word following the manga
>the manga is basically no different from japanese subtitles

LAZY FUCKS

Fucking Kobayashi won over Konosuba in best comedy, those awards were shit

>Deku
>part of the 20% of the population that doesn't have a superpower
>waaaaaah I don't have a quirk I give up I can't become number one hero this is so unfair I want to be famous too !!!! :'--(

>Naruto
>treated like absolute garbage by everybody in his village
>It doesn't matter if I can't pass the chunnin exam, I will carve my own path to becoming Hokage and earn the respect of everyone around me, this is my ninja way.

> because the writer always arbitrarly decides when a character is out of energy or not,
That's my point though. Without energy, the writer has to to think of new ways to end the fight, make the character lose/win.
>case in point : HxH
Hxh is an exception, not the rule. Compare that to DB, Naruto, Bleach and FT who represent better the "energy system" trope than HxH.
>using an energy blast
I'm talking specifically about the explosion power, not the energy beams or anything like that. Usually when someone has an explosion power in anime/manga, he doesn't use it to get mobilty

>spreading your power to different parts of your body is literally One Piece's armament haki
That's different because the reason why haki is spread and why deku spread his quirk are different.
Also I didn't say new but original, something that was used once in the manga medium isn't new but it's still rare/original.