Who was in the wrong here?

who was in the wrong here?

ussop hows that a question their ship was literally unusable at that point and he has no rank to make crew decisions

Usopp was wrong. It was like he was playing pirate and now that this way of life requires him to make a sacrifice he wants to stop playing

You chose to sail out into dangarous seas, face enemies and endure pain - leaving behind a dying friend is a price you'll need to pay. Not saying I don't understand his standpoint but he needed this ordeal to grow as a man

Also I felt for Luffy - He is suffering as much as everyone else there but he needs to make the call. He's always the goofy funny guy but people tend to not take these kind of men seriously. He needs to show that he has what it takes to lead

Usopp, a fucked up ship means crew wipe. Luffy made a tough call but it was the right one

both of them

Its like telling luffy to abandon his hat

Would Luffy ditch the hat if it was the sole reason he couldn't become a pirate king?

Neither of them, that's why it was one of the best parts.

Definitely Usopp

Usopp is a bitch ass in Water7 arc

No, it was clearly Usopp. This is why the arc ends with Usopp apologizing for being wrong, moron.

Luffy just wants to give it back to Shanks. The two goals aren't mutually exclusive.

>I'm the captain now

He wouldn't but ditching his hat isn't a decision that would affect the entire crew

Luffy was right, but he crossed the line when he told Ussop that he should leave if he isn't happy. Sanji kicking luffy kicked me right in the feels.

That's some decent looking quality, where find?

Usopp. Sentiment gets you nowhere.

Silly user, OP anime was great prior to Thriller Bark.

I think he meant the quality of the rip of the episode, not the anime itself

Yeah that's what I meant, I'm terrible at finding things.

neither

people in this thread cannot understand a man's romance

t. Usopp

ship represented Usopp which is why he took the call personally.

>Who was in the wrong here?
Usopp. No question. By trying to keep the ship he's risking the lives of the rest of the crew. If it sank in the middle of the fucking Grand Line they're all dead, especially DF users like Luffy, Chopper and Robin. It's not like he's a good enough shipwright to keep it floating for long. Luffy should have busted out his Gears against him for being a selfish fuck who wanted it both ways.

Kind of felt sorry for Usopp
He had a reason to be in that crew
Loved his ship with all of his heart
He had something

Franky makes a new one
Usopp no longer has a ship to repair and is in no use to anyone
He has nothing

Usopp. No fucking contest.

Zoro straight up threatened to leave the Straw Hats if Usopp didn’t apologize. That was one of the best things he said.

Usopp, I liked to think he eventually redeemed himself but I think Oda fucked up in just having him regress all the time, I get that some losers find it funny because they can relate but Usopp should have been left behind

I think he would have been a much more interesting character if they had left him at Water 7 and he had realized he was actually in the wrong and formed his own crew and worked hard during the timeskip to get to the New World and then joined as one of Luffy's fleet captains in Dressrosa

>I think he would have been a much more interesting character if they had left him at Water 7 and he had realized he was actually in the wrong and formed his own crew and worked hard during the timeskip to get to the New World and then joined as one of Luffy's fleet captains in Dressrosa

Fuck user, this is fan fiction tier, but it still sounds so great

Merry

Usopp ultimately, but it doesn't stop the rest of the crew (especially zoro) being massive hypocrites.

Who cares about this gay shit, its not like anyone gets hurt

Fuck you the going merry was burned down.

>Sentiment gets you nowhere.

What, the ship fucking willed itself to save the crew in Water 7.
Ussop's bond with Luffy pushed him to the limit to defeat Lucci.
When it comes with regards for the best interest of the crew and journey yeah Ussop was wrong, but he was still very sympathetic which made the fight harder to watch.
But dont go saying sentiment gets you nowhere, in a fucking shonen Jump manga.

part of the arc was about Ussop finding out his role in the crew. He carries his own weight, he's a multi purpose kind of guy, a wild card.
He accepted that strength is not his forte but there are certain things that only he can accomplish.
Plus he burned down the World Government flag

Skypiea and Water 7 were peak OP.
I miss when the plot focused more on the world and character conflicts. Don't you dare compare WCI to W7

>It was like he was playing pirate and now that this way of life requires him to make a sacrifice he wants to stop playing

Falls apart when all the other characters have been doing the same thing. This is why Zoro's argument falls apart. You can't accuse someone of not taking something serious enough when you haven't either. If the crew weren't playing pirate merry wouldn't have even got in the state it was in in the first place, because the crew isn't even taking the whole thing seriously enough to perform basic ship maintenance. Usopp is literally the only one who tries despite his incompetence, so he's actually taking the entire thing more seriously than the others.

Deluding yourself and screaming at everyone like a crazy person is no roman.

>Don't you dare compare WCI to W7
Has anyone actually done this? Surely not anyone over the age of 20 at least.

Underrated

>nami's waist is almost as thin as usopp's nose

He didnt have any Gears at that point yet.

This. The whole reason the Strawhats became pirates is so they didn't have to live seriously, so that they could live wild and free and pursue their dreams. This calls to mind Luffy's remarks about how he isn't a hero, because he would never share his meat.

I'd say they were both in the wrong:

Luffy was trying to put up a brave front by acting like changing ships was no big deal, despite the fact that he was also attached to Merry

Usopp, unfortunately, misinterprets this as indifference. His love for the Merry (and vicariously, for the girl who gave it to him) overrides his reason, even though he understands better than anyone that the Merry is on its last legs.

Both of them were frustrated by recent events, so more than anything, their falling out was a result of unfortunate timing

This guy gets it.

>hey luffy, you're hat is inevitably going to dissolve in a month or less. If you choose to keep your hat your whole crew will be in danger because they might drown or something

The guy who wrote this was wrong. It was bullshit all around. Textbook forced drama. As if they dont have things they could be sad or mad about already.