GAINAX are back from the dead, and absolutely no one gives a shit

>GAINAX are back from the dead, and absolutely no one gives a shit
If you remember, they were growing tomatoes, but now they're suddenly making a most likely 25-50 episode anime adaptation of Piano no Mori, since it's an NHK anime.

Staff
Director: Gaku Nakatani (Madagascar 3 CG supervisor)
Series Composition: Aki Itami (Aku no Hana), Mika Abe (Onihei)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Sumie Kinoshita (Dantalian no Shoka)
Studio: Fukushima Gainax
Production: Piano no Mori Anime Partners

Ending Theme: "Kaeru Basho ga Aru to Iu Koto" by Aoi Yuuki

Cast
Kai Ichinose: Soma Saito (Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records)
Sousuke Ajino: Junichi Suwabe (Uchouten Kazoku)
Shuuhei Amamiya: Natsuki Hanae (Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau)
Kai Ichinose (Elementary): Ryoko Shiraishi (Natsu no Arashi!)
Shuuhei Amamiya (Elementary): You Taichi (Princess Principal)

Dat 3DCG piano

is it actually a good story or just some slice of life bullshit?

It’s okay but Nodame is still the pinnacle music series

How is the movie, does it abridge the entire manga or is it the first couple volumes? I'm actually looking forward to this. Nice seeing a return of 50 episodes series. Hopefully Gainax handle Drifting Classroom next.

and I hate Nodame, gonna give this a skip

Is there really a piano in a forest defended by an autistic child? It's not a metaphor?

Might have something to do with the fact that the average user knows that people create anime and not company names.

>Gauche

I legitimately believe that this shoud've been done by KyoAni instead of Gainax. I haven't read the manga, but going by the synopsis it sounds just like the thing KyoAni excel at adapting.

it's not about cute girls so kyonani isn't interested

PA.Works or maybe Brain's Base would've been better.

I'd like to see this not suck

I agree about P.A. Works possibly being a better fit, but don't tell me you aren't curious about how long KyoAni would be able to keep up their quality, especially if it's longer than two cours like OP suggests.

Yeah I'm pretty skeptical about this. KyoAni is perfectly fitting for it. They're doing that archery thing for NHK though.
Is there a PV?

>>GAINAX are back from the dead, and absolutely no one gives a shit

Maybe because Gainax staff is everywhere but in Gainax?

I can't find shit on their Youtube channel. They have an advertisement for the Tsurune novels made a year ago, but they don't have a trailer, nor a teaser for it.

It's NHK so they don't want surprise original content from Kyoani and Kyoani can't adapt without it.

>Piano no Mori
Should I know or care about this? The synopsis of "two boys play the piano" doesn't tell me much.

it's going to be some flavour of the month melodramatic bullshit everyone forgets in a year

Heard some anons call it a "soap drama", but I'll still give it a watch.

I meant a PV for Piano no Mori.

Can't find shit, either. I don't know nip so I'm kinda limited in my abilities.

What about that new Galaxy Express?

You mean the Zero-something novels? These are three movies, first one's in 2020.
Gainax have Aoki Uru coming this year, though.

>Again

Fix'd that for you.

>GAINAX are back from the dead,
Threadly reminder that Gainax gave us the best magical girl anime of the decade and it was only a couple of years ago.

melodrama

Pleiades was better than all the shows made by trigger.

Loved the manga, hope this doesn't suck.