So this show wasn't actually good and everyone watched it for the fanservice?

So this show wasn't actually good and everyone watched it for the fanservice?

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/news/51595903
youtube.com/watch?v=uTDpmFv4Ovc&ab_channel=AnimePOP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty much, yeah.

if fanservice is enough to keep people coming back then it's good in it's own way

the manga was very disappointing so most likely yes

wew that looks more shameless than the manga

I watched it because I liked the manga, although I haven't thought about it in a while.

Come to think of it, is another season still in the works?

Probally one of the worst anime to ever be made desu

It's okay. Jump shitposters and disgruntled hentai enthusiasts consider it the spawn of satan. Unfortunately, that's the target audience, so you end up with a pretty hated work.

But it was good, the fanservice.

they watched it for the cute girls

I watched it because friendship and adventure are my fetish.

>shonen tier ass and tits animation
unironically?

>making a guy who has orgasm magic
>gets mad when half of fairy tail are still standing instead of having their knees buckle and proceeds to try to use offensive tentacle magic on lucy

he was our guy
taken too soon

Came for the service, stayed for the plot, came to the fanservice.
Pretty sure it's supposed to start in the spring.I'm looking forward to it.

does this mean its going to continue after the manga ended?

Its going to finish off where the anime ended because the anime was getting close to the manga.

>Came for the service, stayed for the plot, came to the fanservice.

Exactly right. People piss and moan about it mainly because they are kids who think they're too refined for silly, fun, sometimes heart-on-its-sleeve-feels anime. It's not a masterpiece of cinema but really, it's a good show worth watching with a lot of imagination and great characters. It does get a little repetitive and has some filler but despite popular wisdom, filler episodes are often as enjoyable as a regular episode. It's like 250+ episodes long so you're going to vary wildly in quality here and there like anything else, but when it's at its best, it's outstanding. When it's at its worst, it's terrible but still has entertaining character moments and yes, god-tier fanservice. I could imagedump FT hotness all night but this isn't really the board for it and I'm tired.

Also Juvia.

>"Lick it. Now."

The man does not make doujins because they would be redundant and probably a downgrade. If you look at the Panda for some fan-made stuff, some of it is pretty decent but you'll probably warm up with that, then end up back with the art by Hiro himself because it's just hotter. If he did do Fairy Tale hentai, the very Earth itself wouldn't be able to handle it.

Grade-A but low-key material for footfags btw

Would you?

Hmm, hmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmm, lemme think about it for a whileYES YOU FUCKWIT OF COURSE I WOULD, IMMEDIATELY!

Shipping also kept it alive

There were so many asspulls it hurt.

What does Juvia Lockser taste like?

unconditional love for cold hearts

The filler is pretty solid, nothing I ever regretted watching (off the top of my head the filler arc with Lucy's keys was the worst but still fine). The characters and comedy make the lowest points better than the low points of most long-running series.
Probably Evian. Maybe Fuji.

>Probably Evian.
Not that user, but this'd be GREAT! It's my favorite bottled water. Expensive, tho; as one would expect of high-class water.

>They showed more boob in the anime
Man the anime did fanservice so weird, the fanservice from the manga would be either censored or very tame comapared to the manga then later they would make certain scenes from the manga that weren't really fanservicey at all and make them more lewd.

What the fuck do you think? Gib milkies.

I unironically loved it. The fanservice was just a bonus.

The early fillers were pretty painful. One of them fucked up the transition from Galuna to Phantom Lord and why the "strongest team" became a permanent thing.

They got more daring over time.

I legit lol'd, Agent Seven Oh Doubles.

It seems inconsistent to me insofar as sometimes the manga is more extreme than the same thing in the anime and vice versa. Tbqh, I think a lot of it really just has to do with the inherent differences in animation vs. still drawings. More covered boobs but also outrageously bouncing vs. Lucy's 2/3 naked tits just staring at you indefinitely.

Not milk though, user-sama, just water because her body is "entirely made of water". You could drink her in, literally. From her toes maybe? I M A G I N E

>They got more daring over time.
Whatever do you mean?

They got more daring over time.
Naaaaah...

Time to post best girl's dance

Fernandez-kun never fugg this. I think he is a fagg.

Mashima Christmas Twitter pics incoming, 1/8. If you like FT, follow him. All sorts of this stuff and more daring than the actual series at times.

I still need to watch the movie and last couple of OVAs.

those thighs are like very sexy sequoias.

I want to fugg wendy

That is some quality Erza.

No lewding Wendy.

Any word on that final season? Or did that turn out to be rumor. Quite a few "action" scenes I want to see animated.

This spring I think. 8/8

myanimelist.net/news/51595903

Thanks

Generic shonen too tame for being watched for fanservice.
Lots of cute girls character, but when at that time you had love-ru and shit alike to fap...
Hell, even kenichi was more fapworthy than FT.

I need more Juvias.

Who were your favorite girls?

Juvia=Mirajane>Cana=Wendy=Mavis

That's honestly one of, if not the hottest pic of Juvia ever drawn by Mashima. That fucking ass

I love Wendy!

I like that one doujin of her.

I though it was good.

It was better then Naruto Bleach or One-piece but yeah it wasn’t very good.

>Generic shonen too tame for being watched for fanservice.
There is Mushibugyo that do this too.

Sometimes, shounenshit can have great fanservice.

Plot and story is mediocre, but the art is really interesting. Very interesting indeed

The ost is goat fuck you.

The author confirmed that he didn't even plan ahead for the last arc and pretty much wrote everything impulsively.

He stopped giving a shit at some point and decided to go for the shounen bucks by being as generic as possible.

I just loved the OST, it's what made the show worthwhile for me. Too bad the newer series has a worse OST.

i feel like he didn't plan a single thing beyond the tower arc and was flying by the seat of his pants from that point on

This.
Its like a popular thing to shit on FT but it was really enjoyable for me. It has a lot of plotholes and inconsistencys but by binge reading it one doesnt realise that really.

The arcs for Erza,Lucy and Gray are still one of the best feels arcs i remember for a lot of shounens.

Wendy is made for lewding.

wendy is for head pats and hugs only

Only after gentle love making.

I don't remember this scene at all

Mirajane and Lucy were my favorites

I want to get Lucy pregnant with my seed.

People readed it because Sup Forums its tsundere for battle shounens. They like to call its shit, and complain about nakama power asspulls, but at the end of the day, they like to see a baka main character beating evildoers with the power of friendship

>tfw no Brandish to do this to me ;-;

I liked manga for the first couple of arcs, once they defeat Jellal and Erza gets ressurected through the power of friendship shit gets beyond retarded. Her seeing her own funeral was pretty emotional though desu.

Minerva and Ultear.

agreed

Erza=Wendy>Juvia=Ultear>Mavis=Mirajane>the rest but the rest are still great too

He says straight-up that he has a general idea plotted out way in advance then just goes along as seems natural or entertaining at the time he gets to that particular part of the story. So he does have it planned out but it's fast and loose when he gets there and it scares his editor. This is all in the author's notes in the collected volumes (and presumably elsewhere first). He never stopped caring and was very clear that he wanted to make a fun manga about weird characters, draw hot girls and monsters, and run wild. Don't try to take it seriously, it's not meant to be. This doesn't mean purely crappy bits should be totally excused or anything but it's a far cry from just not caring. You'll never find a guy more dedicated to his goals (which is to draw fights, tits and magic). He is posting nonstop stuff on his twitter etc. just for the hell of it even now, when he could choose to never look at the people and characters he spends every day for 10 years staring at. He loves what he does and it shows.

And to conclude, he knows what's what with Juvia and delivers that godly girly art fresh from the oven, man. It may have become apparent that I am all about Juvia.

FT avoids one of the worst fucking things ever...pretentiousness. Followed closely by being too edgy for your own good or too self-congratulatory in your seriousness deepness.

youtube.com/watch?v=uTDpmFv4Ovc&ab_channel=AnimePOP

This OP is the essence of the tone of FT imo. Rock the fuck out people.

>Guildarts will never be your stepdad
>Guildarts will never teach you badassery by beating you down
>Your stepdad will never fight hellbeasts and end up with wooden cybernetics
>nobody will ever create a city specifically so it won't be destroyed by your very existence
>ywn carry pervy magazines in your pack as you wander the world righting evil no one else can touch

Gildarts was badass but he barely gets any page time at all

Better to leave 'em wanting more than give them too much. It's part of his mystery and giving him too much spotlight would water him down. Think of what a letdown it was when Mystigan was unveiled vs. when you have no clue what his real deal is and are hyped to see him for 20 seconds.

"It's not a masterpiece"

I hate this, why "masterpiece" is the norm?

> Think of what a letdown it was when Mystigan was unveiled
please no don't make me

You're right about getting hyped every time Gildarts shows up because he's never there but I wish he got more than two chapters of just seeing him wander around. I wish there were more character sidestories in general, I thought Laxus might get one about being a weak kid and then being infused with the lacrima, or it being taken away at some point and him having to deal with it but it never happened

Because people are dumb and like to overrate their own ability to gauge what makes something good or not.

Well there are a few manga side stories that get into that. One about the twin dragons, Gajeel and iirc, Laxus.

When I think of Guildarts though, I think of the anime scene with the S-Class trial on the island where he is all Guildarts-y then gets serious at the end like a boss who jokes around a lot but then has to discipline somebody. The change is a little scary and has weight to it, and seeing Natsu break down into tears of sheer awe and terror at Guildarts' display of the depths of his real power is one of the very best things in the show, and it give me chills. Also it's incidentally a good example of ways motion, sound and voice acting can elevate something in ways otherwise impossible imo.

Fall 2018, A-1 is currently busy with NNT, and SAO.