Has anime or manga changed your life in any way? After reading Holyland, I was motivated to start working out...

Has anime or manga changed your life in any way? After reading Holyland, I was motivated to start working out, and am looking to join a kickboxing gym this summer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RDw4QuJF5Kg
youtube.com/watch?v=BNVDcV7ldM8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holyland was fucking amazing. I didn't start doing any martial arts but I started running and working out.

It really was. Are there any more manga with realistic fighting like this? The only other one I've found is All-Rounder Meguru, but the characters and story aren't nearly as good sa Holyland.

This got me thinking:
youtube.com/watch?v=RDw4QuJF5Kg

>kickboxing
But Tetsuya taught us that anywhere but the street wrestling always wins.

Same.

Aria makes me want to be the best person I can be. I want to be someone Akari would call her friend.

You better stick to your guns and not chicken out come summer time. I believe in you, user, get fit and healthy.

I started working out two years ago because of Jojo and Berserk. It's nice being swole.

Jojo turned me gay

I realized a while back just how fucking pathetic my body was I'm 20 years old but I have the body of a 14 year old, I weigh 48 KG, every day for the past 2 weeks I've been training for 1 hour with 4 kgs weights, listening to endeavor's theme on repeat for the entire hour and reminding myself that I am lifting nearly 10% of my weight in each of my hands. I don't know why MHA made me start doing this, but I don't care

Do you plan to change you life?

>motivated
>putting it off for three months
$100 says you don't and sit on your fat ass all summer

Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru, it has a lot of comedy though.

Start eating for Christ's sake

Please be 130cm.

Love live and shigatsu kimi no uso cured my meme depression and got me out of my 4 year Neetdom. I've learned how to play piano again and on my way to become a music producer.

I also do Saitama's daily workout. Anime saves lives.

>150
Please be inches.

OK twink listen here. Track your calories. Eat some peanut butter or milk. At this height you can suck semen out of Sup Forumsnons and you will still gain weight.

>anywhere
what about in a kickboxing ring with kickboxing rules?

go to /fit/ and read the fucking sticky

Back when I was a kid Dragon Ball made me pick up karate but I gave up like a week before getting my yellow belt because I didn't turn into a badass immediately.
In high school Holyland did get me to start exercising and lifting and I've been doing that for 8 years now.
Fukumoto's works made me learn how to play mahjong and playing it on my browser has replaced most of my vidya hobbies.
Bakuman made me feel more comfortable with the idea of being creative and led me to writing silly fapfics for the past 5 years.
REAL made me realise that there's no point in ever giving up because you can always bounce back so I set running a marathon as my goal and thanks to continued running I lost 16kg of weight last year. I now run between 20-40km a week and don't feel like stopping.

Manga is a wonderful thing.

>150cm at 20
that's impressive even for a girl
are you an actual midget

planetes makes me want to chase after what I want by any means necessary

Sora no Woto and Kino no Tabi made me realize the world wasn't hopelessly depressing, and Spice & Wolf got me to travel around buying and selling computer hardware with a sarcastic, mildly autistic girl I met here. Although we broke up after two years and I think she's a lesbian now.

>travel around buying and selling computer hardware with a sarcastic, mildly autistic girl I met here
Tell us everything.

Were you heavily restricting your calories or something in your teens? How about eating proper, nutritious meals? Did you skip on that and opt out for cheap, fast food, combined with liquid sugar (i.e. cola)
This sounds like stunned growth to me, seriously. Go see a doctor or something.
>KFC and fish and chips
That's not proper food.

I'd love to manhandle you, bend you over on everything viable, and fuck you in the boipucci, but nursing yourself to health takes priority.

Hokuto no Ken got me to start lifting.

Naruto stopped me from commiting suicide. A bit cringy, but it's true.

Prince of Tennis got me into badminton

I love it too but god forbid I get into a real match because my reflexes and agility are entirely too shitty for a sport like that. All I'm good for is fucking around at the park.

Nasu inspired me to cycle more, to push myself more when cycling.
That's about it.

It helps me unwind and get lost in another world for a little bit. Sometimes characters rub off on me and motivate me to better myself in one way or another.

The bnha training montage motivated me to start lifting.

Fuck man, Holy land is so good. It's a shame all we got were two shitty live actions. It's one of the reason why I'm not a total charity case.

Evangelion made me feel at ease, knowing that others felt just as I did was a really comforting feeling.
Onani Master Kurosawa made me stop being an edgelord and I started socializing more thanks to it.

Yeah. Ninja slayer inspired me to pickup martial arts among another animes.
Also when I saw Guts I knew I wanted to be as strong as him.
I've been training for a couple years now and making goo progress.

Hajime no Ippo inspired me to get brain damage

Punpun made me a miserable piece of shit. I mean I already was, but it amplified it.

Not anime, but Kamen Rider Kuuga made me start to learn new skills. I used to refer to myself as "useless", which was correct because I basically didn't know how to do anything. Now I'm doing my best to change that.

Yes after reading Sabishisugite Lesbian Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita I could relate to MC on some levels and I got even more depressed.

Holyland is by far the greatest martial arts manga that I have read. I'm more of a boxing fag so I appreciate Ippo a bit more.

It's a shame about Rikudou since scan lated chapters come out every now and then. It's a pretty good seinen boxing manga if anyone likes their tragic fisticuffs.

I had an intense emotional experience with Yuru Yuri at a time when I wanted to kill myself.

Ten reconciled me with myself. This chinese comic book is an important part of my existence now.

Not trying to be edgy
Watched and played Inazuma Eleven and other Football anime, started to play it myself.
All my teammates were assholes, stopped after one year, never tried it again, now have depression (not only, but also) from the intense bullying

How exactly? Mind describing it?

Kokou no Hito's ending made me re-evaluate things in life

It was so shit, that you didn't feel as bad in comparison?

Anime in general made me realize that creating things might be better than being an empty consumerist husk. I picked up drawing but I stopped until I finish my undergraduate thesis.

Maids and Joshiraku made me realize that I love female clothing, it can be so fun and varied and beautiful. I want to try making some one day, though I need a model since I'm not interested in wearing it myself.

Yakitate japan got me into baking

Moyashimon got me into microbiology

I'm an autist that apparently needs anime triggers to get into anything at all.

>Yakitate japan got me into baking
If your bread can't travel in time, it's garbage.

Are you me?

is the comedy tasteful?

Holyland was great but Im reminding all of you fucks: Do not fucking street fight.
One lucky hit and you're dead/brain damaged. One lucky hit and that'll happen to your opponent and you'll be in jail.
Fighting is inspirational and self defense is important but never ever fight on asphalt

pic related. I was already /fit/ when I watched it but it made me want to push myself more so along with more intense strength training, I started to run for cardio. Along with that, I'm in grad school and finally got into a healthy study habit that I never developed in undergrad.

Still don't have a supportive role model like All Might in my life though. feelsbad

Anyway, I'm always looking for anime/manga that will motivate me to be a better person. Is this Holyland done or is it on going?

learn to look it up

Did that after I realized where I was asking.

when i started watching anime in 2014, seeing the characters do things and get on with their life made me want to do the same, so I started exercising and going on trips with my family. got old after a while though and I went back to being a shut-in. More recently, last year my depression started hitting me hard and I felt like I was going insane, but anime helped take away that feeling to some degree. /blog (you asked for it.)

actually no, I don't let mainstrain media influence my mind. You should only let your inner self be molded by hard books not anime or manga.

I second this, I sure didn't expect taiwanese domino pictograms to hit that hard.

>am looking to join a kickboxing gym this summer
Why not now?

Tatami Galaxy helped me stop agonizing over what-ifs. Ping Pong helped me cope with my mediocricity. Yeah, I'm a Yuasafag, sue me.

>This is good, isn't it?

I signed up for football and kyokushin karate in highschool because of Eyeshield and Kenichi
It was a good time

I'm glad that so many works have inspired many of you in so different ways, that's what literature is all about.

Personally, even though I do read a lot of manga and books, nothing has touched in such a way yet, there's some stuff that influences me for a couple of days of course, like being sad after reading pun pun or being happy after reading jitsu wa watashi wa, but nothing yet that changes my life in a meaningful, important and deep way.

This scene never gets old, what a fucking massive badass was Raoh.

because he wont join in summer as well when the motivation wears off

Same for me, except for Fukumoto works. Kurosawa had a lasting impression on me and Ten dwarfed that later.

same but hajime no ippo did it for me
>i've yet have to get my penis groped

Especially do not fight a judoka on concrete! One successful throw and you're fucked for life!

For me, it was Slam Dunk. The path to improving oneself motivates me to become a better man everyday

Join one tommorow, don't procrastinate or the drive will fade away.

Evangelion probably, but not in a good way.

Then you're a fool. There's something to learn from everything.

Evangelion, but in a fucked up way. Not shitposing.

Berserk taught me to live life to the fullest. It kept me from killing myself back in 2011

well right now I took a break from law school to deal with my depression. I'm on antidepressants now and have been keeping myself busy with positive things. I'll start working out as soon as my leg heals up.

JoJo made me get /fit/ and start lifting.

Made in abyss inspired me to start learning how to draw.

Kurosawa taught me this trick and inspired me to try and change my life since I'm still in the morning

Sakamichi no Apollon gave me the push to start meeting with my old friends for jam sessions again.

youtube.com/watch?v=BNVDcV7ldM8

Bump

That's a nice way to think about aging, but do keep in mind that as the years pass, it feels as if they're flowing by faster and faster. Because almost everything you experience in your youth is something new and unique, you make a shitton of memories and it feels dense. As you age, the events that happen are very often the same for most people - you don't make much memories because everything you do is no longer as unique, and you start working. Hell, even if you don't work and are on Sup Forums all day, it feels the same. Time speeds up, unless you go out of your way and create many unique memories.
It may be a morning right now for you, and it might feel like ages have passed until you've reached that, but 10 AM will come soon. Sooner than you might think.
Go and make these memories.

no, actually no.

not really, if you look at the "deep" anime and manga, if you dig enough, you will see the author was influenced by a hard book. Why do you want to use a proxy if you can learn directly from the real thing?

Get a bloodtest done man. Vitamin D deficiency, lack of zinc to build testosterone and free testosterone can be a crucial factor to depression. And yea, building strength is a great idea

As autistic as it is, I sometimes imagine myself as pre-Band of the Hawk Guts to where I'm currently at in life, and honestly, it helps me get through the day.
>tfw found enough strength to carry on with the things I've lost
>tfw care about myself more
Thanks, Guts.

>tfw I'm turning 35 this summner

PUT YOUR GRASSES ON

Same.
Except it turned out alright since when you sink so low there's not much else to do other then to bring yourself back up. It helped me with all sorts of weird insecurities I had, so I started allowing myself to dress better, open up to people more. I just generaly felt way more at ease when I understood that the world as a whole doesn't give a single shit about my looks, my words, my thoughts etc.

>Tell us everything.

Not much of a story. Dated interesting girl, did stuff with her, stopped dating interesting girl.

DBZ got me lifiting and Ippo got me into boxing

There's only so much you can change. Some people will never succeed, at least by society's standards.

Try this.

Reading Berserk proved to be great fitness motivation. It’s silly, but if I’m considering giving up during a lift or slowing down on a run I recall something much harder that Guts endured and keep going.

And I almost certainly wouldn’t have gotten this if I hadn’t seen Bebop first.

It's not silly, lifting is a lot of mental strength, which you can build through imagination.

My bro boxes cause of Ippo, so yeah.

Just imagine how swole you'll get if you can get a buddy to rape your wiafu.

>I also do Saitama's daily workout
Bullshit

Not that user, but why is this hard to believe?
Genos even points out in the story that it isn’t that hard.
You can knock the 100 squats/pushups/situps out in 20 minutes tops. 10 once you get good at it.
Athough a daily 10k would get really boring really fast. That’s easily 40 minutes of running, even once you get in shape.

Can't pull the 10 km every single day, you'd have to take breaks every now and then. I don't think it'd be the most efficient training routine but probably a decent one nonetheless. The most important part is whether or not you can muster the mental strength to do something at all, the technical stuff isn't all that important.

>why is this hard to believe
Because it's ridiculous af
>Genos even points out in the story that it isn’t that hard.
Genos says that because it's easy for him, remember he's a technology enhanced human transhumanism at it's finest
Saitama Points out that his body started to make noises it was his body cracking under that pressure, and that the point to break the limiter not something that everyone can do
>You can knock the 100 squats/pushups/situps out in 20 minutes tops. 10 once you get good at it
When you are good at it but when you start, it would be a miracle if you can do even one rep of those exercises let alone doing it everyday
>Athough a daily 10k would get really boring really fast.
Start RUNNING every single day see how it goes
You are in for some snap city