The best episode to date was a beach episode

>the best episode to date was a beach episode
There was a world of difference between this and the rest; animation, backgrounds, direction and sound direction - they was all top-notch.

I'm not sure

It really was pretty good, though since it was a setup episode after a climax there wasn't that much to get very excited about.

I am however very curious about the abandoned town though. All that architecture and the signs of the culture which lived there point straight to a modern-day period when people lived there. It was also not ridiculously broken down or anything, so is DitF actually taking place in the somewhat near future, say something around 2100?

>shitty filters
>Top notch
State of Franxx posters

Got your shitposting mixed up?

Might be even less. How long would painted wood even last? How fast would trees grow.
How long would books and paper last?

(I say. Aliens. I am unsure Papa and the others are even human. )

Evil af

There's a big tree growing through that piano IIRC (can't check it out right now), maybe if we can identify it we can look up how quickly it grows and form some idea about the town's minimum age. I might look at that when I get home since it sounds interesting.

Still that would only provide a minimum, could still be older than that. In general I agree that the town doesn't seem to be abandoned for an extremely long time and it doesn't seem to be too far away from current day. There are movie posters, the book Kokoro finds is still in decent condition, the buildings in general are rickety but most are still standing, looks like it was inhabited not that long ago.

>[deleted] posts

He's samefagging? Wow that's pathetic!

Maybe the studio ... didn't do the research necessary?

Based on what? This is the first time we saw anything from the outside, what makes you think something so fundamental to the setting would be wrong? I mean if they wanted to portray 1000 year old ruins the way to do that would've been entirely different.

Well. the town has foliage so I guess there is humidity, so you'd guess things would be more decomposed.

(Basically the portrayed and desired timeframe might be off.)

>Literally copy Kyoani's shitty filters
>A-animation is amazing g-guys

The fuck? The beach episode was a total disappointment. It just reset everything with the characters.

That's from the ED, user. There are no filters at all here, and everything was crisp as fuck all the fucking time.

Mitsuru with 002 behind?

My question is more along the lines of what makes you think the desired timeframe might be different than the portrayed one. What makes you assume they didn't portray what they wanted to portray?

Note that I don't expect it to be entirely researched and accurate from a scientific point of view as this is a soft sci-fi show with giant robots which accelerate to mach 5 in the blink of an eye without murdering the pilots instantaneously, as such scientific accuracy isn't the focus from the start. I mean that I expect it to be a decent approximation, like "near future, in the century timescale" instead of "in the year 5000" or something.

Well, it reset some of them. 02's personality changed entirely, into one that monologues about the beauty of muh hope and actually pays attention to the group.
Sure, original!02 was sympathetic (arguably), but she wasn't like THAT.

>It just reset everything with the characters
What do you even mean? Like every character except maybe Futoshi (fat surprise right there) and Miku got some further characterization and development. It was one of the best episodes for the characters who aren't 02 or Hiro (or Ichigo, I guess).

She's behind him, not walking with him, but yeah.
I'm disappointed they didn't do anything with them considering what happened in episode 3. Even if he's just acting tough, he seemed like he was scared of her or angry at her. Now he just doesn't care? And what about his injury and those pills he was taking? Did that all just go away or was forgotten about?

It'll probably come up when Mitsuru gets some arc. 02 certainly doesn't give enough of a fuck to approach him in any way and if he's actually scared he's probably happy enough to stay away from her. It's not like he can do anything else, especially now that she's an official P13 pistil.

This but unironically direction and dialogue was the best so far.
The 2 previous ep are shit and all the fight scene are bad, all of them. Let' s not even begin to analyze Hiro sperg dialogue.

It appears as if the two have talked and done something and he has now resumed walking since she is still. If something happened, maybe they will show it later

> got some further characterization and development.
This is fucking bullshit. They just retreaded familiar ground with the side characters, and reset the development of Hiro, 002 and Ichigo. Only Goro showed a new face (cracking jokes with the fatfuck and Satan).

Admit it: you're the meagre minority of Ichigofags who're happy she's back in the game.

You'd think that if they were going to animate like 5 scenes of Ichigo realizing that her crush is both futile and hurtful, those scenes would have some relevance to the plot. but I guess not.
>teenagers make stupid decisions
Yes, but they learn from them. Ichigo is ignorant, not retarded. And she sure as hell wasn't a homewrecker before the writers forgot their own canon.

What are you talking about? Zero Two has some lines but where does she monologue about the beauty of muh hope?

I think his ears are broken and he mistook Ichigo's voice for 02's.

>They just retreaded familiar ground
>02 wants Hiro to kiss her, not the other way around
>02 is acting differently (much happier) compared to how she was at first and showing a fair bit of childish naivety
>Ichigo's failed kiss came up, probably heading for her arc's climax
>Ichigo is completely desperate, tries to twist the kiss she didn't like into something positive because 02 called kissing special
>Goro is clearly interested in Ichigo and has become aware of his feelings
>Zorome legitimately cares about his friends despite his loud mouth and Papa dicksucking
>Kokoro finds a book on pregnancy
>Hiro does not care about Papa and is questioning the 'truth' which he's been told, while everyone else is buying into the propaganda
>further exposition on how cold Ikuno and Mitsuru are to each other
>Ikuno is considerate and friendly to Ichigo
>Mitsuru saves Kokoro, almost surely setting something up
Nah, we got plenty. What do you want, 3/4 of the cast to make some 180 turn and change their personalities in a single ~24min episode? This episode gave us something on 8 of the 10 kids and it was one of the best episodes for fleshing out the rest of the cast, except Futoshi and Miku.

>and reset the development of Hiro, 002 and Ichigo
Totally reset, that's why webm related happens, they even did one of those cuts to let you know them being together is important
>you're the meagre minority of Ichigofags who're happy she's back in the game
This is the first time Hiro really heard her feelings and he stops her before she can say it all, you think she's back? The entire scene at the ending portrays her as dishonest with herself.

Yeah, because Trigger didn't do it.

It only reset Ichigo who keeps being a shit, meanwhile the secondary characters got some talk about kisses and relationships, and explored the ruins. Too bad 02 didn't get enough interaction this episode.

I guess there really isn't enough time to focus on Hiro/02 while also giving almost all the other characters a little cut of the episode. I hope that we might get an episode more focused on 02 what with her being an official member of P13 now.

Except trigger did all of the preproduction.

Animation and directing definetely goes to episode 5 although episode 7 was pretty good. Episode 4 probably would be great too if it wasn't butchered by Trigger's fucked up schedule. This episode had great backgrounds though and it was the first DitF episode where I enjoyed BGM.

Trees can grow super fast in the right conditions, I had a stand of 18 year old firs growing on a septic tank that were way bigger.

The Absolute State of Strawfags.
You can keep on with twisting the facts to suit your agenda, you can keep overanalyzing things like the Spider, you can keep claiming one frame where she isn't smiling while going trough a door as a proof that Zero Two is a manipulator. Yes you even can keep doubling down and say what a nice and good girl ichigo is. But we will show you the truth, for we have the Oni. You can keep on saying that she gave Hiro DemonAids, but we know that he is only growing stronger. You can say that Goro will die, that Delphinium is better, but you will never defeat the Strelitzia, the Flower of FAITHFULNESS IN RELATIONSHIPS! You can say that the Jian will die, but you are nothing but fools, for this motive will carry the story like the Winds of Love the Wings of the Honored Couple. Great Shitposters like the Blessed Floweranon, our Sup Forumsngel of love and his tremendous victory with Episode 4, that made his name immortal. Or the Blue Oni Theory, that still is possible and while not winning the war yeat, certainly the possibility of Hiro deeing due to his badge is defeated, you lose again after Episode 6. Yes, even the Prophecy of the Charlemagnefags from /his/ say that the strawberry will fail. You cannot win.

And while your losing and your shitty waifu is bullied, we will remind you of the moment, she showed her true colours.

>02 wants Hiro to kiss her, not the other way around
Oh wow, such development. This whole post is textbook clutching at straws.

Good argument faggot, next time watch the show before you attempt to discuss it.

Yeah that tree is smaller than what I thought I remembered. It's probably more recent since it's not very big at all. I don't think it would be useful to try to date the town's age based on that.

STOBP BULLYIN FUTOSHI

It's a pure fanservice show. At least they have their priorities straight.

This just goes to show how bad Franxx has been up until this point.
I agree that it was the best episode so far but was also episode in which I began skipping ahead bit-by-bit to get to the end quicker.

I'm Ichigo fag, but this episode showed only, that there is no way she will be with MC (walking in his steps)
I hope she will end up with Goro

F A T O S H I T T O

I seriously don't understand these complaints. What airing anime are you watching that DON'T have fanservice or a ridiculous idea at the center of it? At least DITF builds around these things.

She could have Goro whenever she wanted, he clearly likes her already though he doesn't understand what he's feeling.

>actual clutching at straws
I guess theming is a concept unironically 2deep4u.

What are you even usually watching if you think that episodes 4 and 5 were shit? I can understand people saying that the show's concept or story is bad or that they don't like the robot designs but except for music production is objectively above average.

That would be Daimidaler.

well, yeah It's up to Goro to change his image in her head from "mah calm friendo" to boyfriendo
and not die

I'll explain it to you : most retards that hate DITF are conspiracy theorists according to whom DITF is the patriarchy's counterstrike to all the lesbian whoring going on in anime. They hate hate hate, they hate with unrelenting passion that God forbid you could make an anime about coming of age teenager that aren't lesbians or gays. Of course they don't have to balls to say it outright so they find whatever tiny inconsequential detail to try and destroy DITF.

It's because the other episodes were so shit that the fanservice beach episode was the best one in comparison.

based shitpost

Ureshii!

who has the hottest swimsuit?

They just want to be hipster and contrarian. The show can be objectively the best thing ever made but they'll still nitpick to justify their autistic reasons for disliking. Nu/a/ is a fucking cancer that needs to be eradicated.

Nah, I think they're just crypto-puritans. They're fine with sex so long as it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. It's fine if there's T&A so long as there aren't any consequences for them as an audience. Gotta have their cake and eat it too.

oni.
everyone else is just flat and kokoro's pretty fat

Tu love Ru bullshit, MEh

Miku is anything but flat.

Are we talking about the episode or the ED?

Because ED Ikuno is just on another level.

>Miku
>Flat

You're fucking dumb.

>lists minor details about the characters, most of which merely reiterate something about them we already know
>thinks the presence of such minute miscellanea constitutes character development or a fleshing out of their characterisation
You don't have an argument to begin with. You don't understand what you're trying to prove. Episode 7 isn't notable for what it did, but for what it undone.

left undone*

>Because ED Ikuno is just on another level.
I see you a man of culture as well

>You're fucking dumb.
(you)

He gave you a fantastic answer. You are just shitposting now, that user should have known better.

>Ichigo being in a-river-in-Egypt
>Ikuno being kind to Ichigo
>All of the worldbuilding
>Hiro questioning things
>Goro being interested in relationships
None of these things were shown before. Character consistency isn't reiteration.

I don't understand why Sup Forums is so desperate to defend this show. I swear if it was any studio besides trigger there would be little to no threads about it.

>Autism
>>lists minor details about the characters, most of which merely reiterate something about them we already know
>thinks the presence of such minute miscellanea constitutes character development or a fleshing out of their characterisation

Character Development
verb
Refers to the process of creating a believable character in fiction by giving the character depth and personality.

Ok brainlet.

why are they so far?
are they fugging?

Go back to your dead thread.

her breast/size ratio is absolutely fucked
if she was as tall as 02 she'd be even more flat

the tree through the bus was quite big tho desu

Honestly dont doubt if this is set 20 to 30 years after the klaxasor crisis. About the time it takes for a mech piloting plan centered around special experiment children would take to grow said children up and pilot the mechs knowing only the world after said crisis. I don't think this is even a 100 years later. A lot of the ruin reminds me of the last of us which is set 20 years later and they supposedly did researchinto what the world would look like with abandoned towns.

>Mitsuru
>Fucking 02
No.

Tfw I actually think the music production is one of the most uninspired parts of this show

You're not disagreeing with him.

>Because ED Ikuno is just on another level
She really wanted to impress Ichigo, didn't she?

why?
where you there?

It's a wash. Above average production is kneecapped by below average utilization.

They restarted Strelizia's theme three times in episode 6, once for only 12 or so seconds. It was pretty jarring.

The 15th star of Orion!

The flattest star.

Maybe they added stuff (namely ok paper), after designing the location accurately to the expected timeframe.

Or those towns are abandoned attempts at settling on the surface again?

Yeah you're right. Looking at that shot with the bus, I noticed that the rubber of its tires is still there. After a quick search, it would apparently take 50-80 years for it to decompose, which would mean those tires are less than 80 years old. I don't think DitF is a realistic enough show for them to actually look up shit like that though, it's a giant robot anime after all. It'd be cool though if they actually had this much attention to detail.

>I don't think DitF is a realistic enough show for them to actually look up shit like that though
Exactly!

(Or this was a trial to resettle the surface that failed.)

Side-note: Is this about Fukushima and Nuclear power plants? Mind you that THE heat source for the planet core is radioactive material within the magma. I guess they accidentally Godzilla's. Sounds legit.

>20 to 30 years after the klaxasor crisis
That is entirely plausible for FranXX development + establishing them as the military force. Before the klaxosaur crisis they supposedly wrecked the Earth and built the first plantation (the Garden), so that would take some time too. Since this is pure sci-fi with superfuel I'm not sure how to estimate how much it'd take, probably a few decades at least, wouldn't have happened quite overnight.

It looks like DitF should actually be pretty close to the present, not ridiculously far into the future anyway.

It should at least give us a read on their intentions, though. Not being scientifically accurate is one thing (it most certainly won't be) but going by the entire state of the town we can get a general idea of the time span, which should probably top out at a century, so this could be happening around 2100.

>Or this was a trial to resettle the surface that failed
Interesting idea actually. The kids notice that house which looks similar to the one they live in. It could be an abandoned resort or something, which was built to be similar to a real town in the same fashion the bird cage is built to be similar to old architecture. In this case they could be arbitrarily far into the future.

The pregnancy book kind of pokes a hole into the idea though, if this were a town their society had built, especially one which would be visited by parasites, that book probably wouldn't be there.

>Is this about Fukushima and Nuclear power plants?
Never thought about that. That could work with humanity doing fuck knows what for resources.

>2100
Or more depending on what they WANTED to portray.

>pregnancy book kind of pokes a hole into the idea though
BREED! For gods sake. BREED! (Accidentally cloned ourselves into a corner and tried to get the earliest samples, maybe even had to fix up DNA strands.)

A foreign power that wants to get the resources? Or prevent Not-Japan from acquiring more Nuclear stuff, while they drive around in their mobile bunkers, save from ICBM's because of missile shield technology and hypersonic interceptors?

>Or more depending on what they WANTED to portray
Maybe, but not much more. As I've said scientific accuracy is one thing, but at some point it's not longer about scientific accuracy, it's about common sense. Nobody thinks a paper movie poster is going to be around in 1000 years or that buildings would still be mostly-intact and recognizable.

The state of the town puts a soft cap on how old it can be while not crossing common sense barriers, I see no reason to believe they wanted to show something different than what they actually showed. The only way it could be happening ridiculously far into the future is if we get an explanation as to why they have built a present-day town and then abandoned it, but Occam's razor suggests that this isn't the idea to go for.