Imagine deciding to watch Japanese cartoons...

Imagine deciding to watch Japanese cartoons, then deliberately and unironically choosing to watch them with shitty English voice acting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RKBdmPnTwtk
youtube.com/watch?v=UPET2u9THJA
youtube.com/watch?v=kY0s80rhCqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you wanted a dubs thread you could have just asked for one.

>imagine being a pleb
FTFY

Checked.

what's wrong with that?

Imagine deciding to watch Japanese cartoons, then deliberately and unironically choosing to watch K-On.

It's one of the greatest decisions someone can make.

Only plebeians with less than 100 sol anime and 0 manga completed think this.

Anime NEEDS dissemation on public Television to lengthen the revenue pipleline.

Movies have:
Cinema -> Disc -> Pay TV -> Free TV

Now if only the VA's where actual Voice ACTORS worth their salt.

>imagine being a patrician

You're an assfaggot if you don't watch Code Geass dubbed

You're an assfaggot if you don't edit Black Lagoon so characters speak in the Chinese/Thai/English/Russian dubs when it makes sense.

K-on dub is far from the worst dubs out there

K-On has two english dubs though.
youtube.com/watch?v=RKBdmPnTwtk

>people unironically wanting to watch dubs.

>download release with dual audio
>english audio is the default

Normally I'd agree, but can you honestly stand watching something like FMA in Japanese? Romi Park's voice is so fucking annoying and the rest of the cast is lackluster. Dub is required for that anime.

>shitty English voice acting.
まずい!

I meant the Sentai one

>Download Russian raws
>Includes a Russian fandub with some of the worst audio mixing ever
You can configure your media player to always play Japanese audio

youtube.com/watch?v=UPET2u9THJA
Why are Amerifats considered manly when they can't sound hot-blooded to save their life?

Amerifats think they're hot shit because they can own firearms.

If I wanted to read I read a book
But last time I checked I’m not some underage faggot whose still in school.

I thought Amerigods were hot shit because they conquered Earth & Space through their unmatched military supremacy.

You need to realize that dubfags do not like anime. It's a mixture of desperate refugees from Sup Forums and ironic weebs who go to anime conventions.

He said pleb, not pedo :^)

There are plenty of dubs that are better than the subs you illiterate swine!

Sorry user, but the english dub doesn't have LLLLLLRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUSHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUU

What if someone is blind and can't read subtitles

I get off from English dub of any anime that involves operatos being operator as fuck

>liking Treble Bologna
Romi Park is perfect for serious boy characters.

Really? Considering how heavily censored even the official subs were, does the dub really not suffer from that same censorship?

See, that works well, until suddenly you have a series where both audio tracks are labeled japanese and for some unknown reason the english one has priority. Then, just as you get used to switching tracks their priority switches, so you are putting ON the shitty anglos. Having gotten over that shock, they then switch back to the original order. Someone decided that there was to be no winning with that series.

How would a scene like this work in a dub? She's a Japanese speaker failing at English here. It'd be weird. Also, did they dub all of the music?

Yes I can imagine having great taste.

We all have to start somewhere.
First you watch anime dubbed in your language (on the TV most likely), then subbed in your language, then you realize most of the subs were translated from English subs, which damages the quality of translation even more, so you switch to English subs.
The next step is learning Japanese, most people prefer not to take it.

Back in the day in the only country that matters it all started from watching random bootlegged fansubbed VHS tapes for a lot of people.

Wow, I had no idea there was a second dub that was apparently recorded in an airplane hangar.

I still have my fansubbed GT tapes from Comic Relief (local comic shop).

Does that make me special?

No
You may as well throw that shit out there's no reason to keep it except as a memento.

The boxes look cool. And if I throw things away, global disasters happen.

How are you supposed to sniff the butt fanservice scenes if you're blind?

>the dub is horrible
>you must watch it

iirc she spoke in a kind of broken up english. And no, they didn't dub the music

Also, I usually default to watching dubs if it's available. I don't mind subs though. I actually just finished Girls Und Panzer and I did not reall like the English dub. If I were to rewatch it I'd go out of my way to find the sub.

Try reading that sentence again.

You didn't contradict his point

Imagine deciding to post a .gif, then deliberately and unironically choosing to post a shitty tumblr .gif.

>I usually default to watching dubs if it's available.

Not for all of us. I live in a country that's so small that we only dub children's shows. Most anime doesn't have subs in our language either so I could only start watching anime after learning English

Are you Maltese or a mountain Negro by any chance? (The two countries just came to mind when I was reading your post, just wanted to know if I guessed right.)

>disliking based Shinichiro Miki as Roy Mustang

Fuck off nigger

Finnish

I downloaded a dual-audio with it set to dub automatically, i couldn't believe how bad it was, didn't know there was a version that didn't sound like it was made by a group of high schoolers in their basement.

You getting called out for that atrocious gif should have been the first post of this thread.
And god I hate this "unironically" bullshit. Can't people express themselves normally without using the latest fad word?

>I have autism

imagine being so insecure that you go out of your way to disparage other people over trivial shit

I'd rather have people doing things "unironically" than ironically. Fucking irony culture, can't wait until all these kids grow up and realize how stupid they are.

Sincerity is great.

I unironically can't. Help me.

That's strange. I thought you guys loved translating stuff into Perkelese. Well, at least Western comics like Donald Duck.

>dude imagine
>unironically
>ironically
>pleb
>japanese cartoons
It was a fun ride Sup Forums the normalfag won

Why do you think I'm here?
You can be sincere without putting "unironically" in every sentence.
>I unironically like dicks
>I like dicks
Wasn't that hard was it?

>Getting so mad at posts on your image board that you attempt to discredit the poster by criticizing them for using phrases they didn't
I'm sorry user - stupid and autistic really is the worst combination

report that human trash, it works sometimes. and never bump their threads

Like I said, only kids' stuff is translated. I think it's the same in every Nordic country and part of the reason so many of us speak English

>how heavily censored even the official subs were
Explain

K-On is excellent, but the dub is fucking godawful even by dub standards. It's particularly a trainwreck in the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=kY0s80rhCqI