Zettai Naru Isolator anime announced

The author of SAO is getting another one of his series adapted into an anime. Yay.

Guess I won't bother to read the LN then.

I read the first 1 or 2 chapters of the manga. MC seems pretty beta but maingirl looks cute.

I like the system he introduced. The MC seems like he could get better too.

Is it good or at least better than vanilla SAO?
I heard it was rather bad which is why I never strated the LN. KINDA enjoy the SAO LNs nonetheless so I guess I'll watch it anyway.

It's fake.

>at least better than vanilla SAO
He would've need to try to do worse.

Rip Accel World, you will be missed.

Fake news
I would definitely love an anime for Isolator but now isn't the time, Kadokawa is going to wait until either SAO or AW is finished so Kawahara can concentrate on writing Isolator. There isn't much to promote right now.

Suu best girl

it's literally confirmed you dumb mutt

>Blog cited a n April Fool poster made by Chinese back in 2016 that doesn't even use proper Japanese characters
>literally confirmed

Source

I really don't get why this isn't getting more love.
At least they could do that spin-off with the girls or something.

Because it's shit?

Great taste user

FUCKING SUNRISE REEEEEEEEEEEE

whats this about

The Japs flubbed.
It was a 2016 April Fools joke on Baidu (a Chinese site) that some Nips saw and thought was real.

Index + Parasyte.

A... Somewhat accurate analogy

You guys enjoying Fatal Bullet?

So how does this connect to SAO and AW?

Gundam and idols killed any chance

I think hes makimg tok much SAO money to greenlight another anime. If if it was legit, itd lose out to SAO Alicization just like Accel World lost to SAO.

It doesn't at all. It's completely separate

I remember when Accel World being more popular than SAO

I wish I can change Rei's voice.

I can't get enough of Mamika Noto's Zeliska

FemArFA is adorable though.

That was only ever true when AW anime came first. Every other time, SAO reigned supreme.

So what is this about?

Synopsis:
August 2019, scientists received extraterrestrial signals warning them of the catastrophes that will hit Earth.

Following it, various extraterrestrial life forms come into contact with the human species. People who are affected by these energies, called the Third Eye, develop mysterious powers. Some are able to move at the speed of sound, others possess a sword that is capable of even cutting steel, or those who are able to tear absolutely everything apart with their teeth.

We follow the daily life of Utsugi Minoru, a discreet 17-year-old teenager who obtained the ability he has always desired, the Solitude (code name lsolator), and Yumiko, a member of an organization that monitors these new superhumans.

However. the prowess given by Absolute Solitude results in endless battles for Minoru...

They are really pushing Kureha as the main lead heroine. Like seriously, I swear all of the girls except Zeliska ship Donutsteel and Kureha. And Rei is the most guilty of the bunch.

>begins with MCs family being killed
>MC later on uses running to forget everything that happened so he doesn't fall into despair
>meets girl from track team while running
>it could have been a story of MC gradually opening up to girl and joining track team followed by a slow emotional healing process
>nah lets throw aliens into the mix with a shark guy eating people

I fucking hate this author for what could have been a heartwarming story and turning it into what it is.

That kind of story has been done a million times before, there's really no loss unless you're fond of his romance writing.

yuck

DO IT!

I love Kureha. She basically makes this game for me.

>throw aliens into the mix
Nigga that's literally part of the setting. And it's not as if it doesn't happen naturally with Yumiko either, she and the others are the reason that Minoru realized he's been wanting "solitude" because he doesn't wanna be hurt that badly ever again.

Isolater is probably worse than SAO desu, so much unbelievable world building that doesn't make sense in the slightest.

This. Minoru gets way more development than Kawahara's other two MCs in a singe novel

OC Donutsteel has Taiga levels of Luck.

Nothing beats Heavy Object when it comes to wacky world building.

I never did get around to reading this series.

>wacky world building
This is really one of the reason why I love that series so much.

>some people just read the first chapter and dropped it
The fuck is wrong with you people?

True, but Heavy Object doesn't feel so dis-coherent. Isolater's special government organization he joins led by a little girl, in which he receives no special training or even income, and seems to have no one with a background in the military or police just grates on my nerves the entire time I spend reading the novel. It seems utterly brain-dead that individuals with the power to commit mass genocide are left to be handled an organization of teenagers who have only had there power for a few months. How much easier would situations have been resolved with proper military or police backup.

Theres something about Rain...

Please don't take hijack this thread.

Too late.

Dont worry, we wont shitpost. And we're tertiarilly related because Reki.

Does this cat show up in Fatal Bullet?

See

>cat
Rat*

I can't get over how fucking great Yumiko looks in that first cover and how good the character designs of the other characters are.

Yes

SUBARASHII

I like doing this sorts of shit.

>good character designs
Great taste brother

How will Kawahara make these two romantically interested and have a spurned women's club follow the MC?

They're only combat partners (thus far) and only one girl has shown interest in Minoru so I don;'t really know what he plans on doing with them.

Maybe it'll end with the MCxMain Heroine again as Minoru lets up and opens up to others.

This is Kawahara, so it's practically guaranteed. The only really decent thing that Kawahara does is main character romances. From the little bit I've skimmed, I like their chemistry.

Honestly Minoru looks too much like an edgy version of Yuma

Yeah they make more sense than KYH and Haruyuki anyway.

He is also incredibly talented at making any male who is not the obligatory sidekick an irredeemable piece of shit.
Like 99% of his villains are dicks both figuratively and literally.

That's all in service to make his MCs just look better. Minoru is a pretty held back Kawahara MC in terms of strength. Again, he'll become barrier jesus and protect an entire city from a nuke or whatever.

Honestly this is the point of the villain is to be despicable and the one that ruins people's lives. It feels more contrived (at least to me) if the villain is sympathetic to be honest.

But that doesn't mean that I don't like villains who are like that and have their own pasts and motivations (other than being a complete ass).

>Again, he'll become barrier jesus and protect an entire city from a nuke or whatever.
I'd be fine with this.

Cant we at least make characters people like?

He looks pretty similar. Only taller and with jet black eyes

>edgy
You mean emo, there's nothing edgy about Minoru.

I meant to say that yeah

Post best girls.

Why is Minowa so cute?

A genki girl tomboy.

>tomboy
She's an athlete not a tomboy

>Minoru expanded his barrier and blew up the biter's head
Holy fuck, I never expected there to be so much gore.

Yeah I was surprised too. Fucker spooked the shit out of me.