What does Sup Forums think of White Album 2?

What does Sup Forums think of White Album 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/159915272
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=White_Album_2_Omake/Story01
youtube.com/watch?v=BMvMlIcdLKw
youtube.com/watch?v=nAJuJFyup0M
youtube.com/watch?v=oGW-GU2wfAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=homxfjzuljU
youtube.com/watch?v=JExxF1iiFKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>VN

Not as good as WA1.

Yes it is. It's better.

On one hand, it's a love triangle the likes of which you could probably find in any number of soap operas. On the other hand, it left me emotionally destroyed and made me reexamine my life. So yeah, it's good.

I'm watching it right now because you keep saying that, and I can't make conversation unless I'm informed. As of ep 14 it's not great, but there's still time for it to turn things around.

>no new IP

>no new IP
How fucking retarded are you?

posercore

Inferior to Saekano

Now this is extreme shitposting.

It's alright. Revolver is my favorite tho

The anime adaption was great. One of the few shows that does romance well. Also S2 fucking never.

It's decent and pretty sentimental.

Rina > Setsuna > Yuki > Kazusa

F A T

>better girls
>better VAs lead by Aya Hirano
>far better animation
>better soundtrack
How can people claim WA2 is better than WA1?

Who is Kurehito's favorite White Album?

Better OP too:

vimeo.com/159915272

They really cranked up the äĕşťħēţĭć.

I like Abbey Road better.

Is Touma's feelings explained better in the VN? It felt half assed after she was kind of a major jerk to Haruki for the first 9 episodes, and he wasn't even the reason why she joined Light Music Club.

Who was in the wrong?

It's pretty simple, Haruki was the only person that truly cared for her where everyone else in the class treated her like dead air.

You can also refer to this omake for her POV.
baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=White_Album_2_Omake/Story01

>t felt half assed after she was kind of a major jerk to Haruki for the first 9 episodes
She was just being your typical tsundere.

All 3 of them.

I've always thought she was kuudere, there are kuudere that can be complete assholes as well (see Yukino).

Rina > Kazusa > Setsuna > Yuki. I'm still a Kazusafag though.

Yuki's not bad per se, just sidelined a ton.

>better girls
Rina is based, but Yuki is such a wallflower, and a good love triangle needs more balance.
>better VAs lead by Aya Hirano
I like Aya in general, but her Yuki's too high-pitched to emote well, and is the only voice I actually dislike out of the four heroines. (Plus Madoka sings way better.) The other three girls are all fine. Nana gets bonus points for a really good Kana Ueda imitation that sounds NOTHING like her usual voice.
>far better animation
I don't get that impression, aside from the occasional artsy colored-pencil bit. My initial impression was that the style looked surprisingly dated for something from 2007. Might be the muted colors.
>better soundtrack
Hell no. WA2 pieces still get me down and wistful when I hear them. So far nothing in WA1 sticks (aside from White Album itself), but maybe the later eps will change my mind. Maybe it'll make good use of Powder Snow. Kazusa's piano rendition fucking destroys me even though I have no context for it.
youtube.com/watch?v=BMvMlIcdLKw

She always had feelings for Haruki but she kept having this rebellious attitude and was too much of a coward to admit it, hence letting Setsuna take Haruki away from her.

Is that why Touma pretended Haruki was an annoying pest? She wanted to preserve her outward ice cold rebellious demeanor? Yet, she didn't mind softening around Setsuna.

Yes, that's just how she goes. Tsundere as hell to Haruki to the point where Haruki wouldn't even think that Kazusa would have feelings for him while having a soft spot to Setsuna since she is her first female friend.

>and is the only voice I actually dislike out of the four heroines
por que? There are like 6-7 heroines in White Album 1.

Powder Snow is literally from WA1, turd, and so is Sound of Destiny for that matter. If you're going to argue WA2's soundtrack is better, you better use original music.

youtube.com/watch?v=nAJuJFyup0M

youtube.com/watch?v=oGW-GU2wfAQ

youtube.com/watch?v=homxfjzuljU

I watched this after Scum's Wish after finding out it has the same director. I want a second season because it was really good. I remember starting WA1 but the protagonist was really turning me off. Maybe I'll give it another chance.

Glass no Hana best WA1 OST.

>I remember starting WA1 but the protagonist was really turning me off. Maybe I'll give it another chance.
Nah, don't bother.

It's a really weird show where quite a few characters are actually really well-written, but the main character is god awful.

Fuck I hate NTR. Also Haruki deserved Makotos end fucking scumbag.

You meant to say Secret Chaos, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=JExxF1iiFKQ

If White Album 2 bothered you so much, heaven forbid if your snowflake mind were exposed to White Album 1. You wouldn't be able to handle it.

It's OK. Incredibly overrated and, quite frankly, inferior as a romance to Toradora.

>Toradora
Nice joke, Taiga is garbage.

What's the purpose of making threads of this all the time when nothing is happening?

>inferior as a romance to Toradora.
Holy shit, you're an idiot.

Not a problem in that regard nowadays I immediately drop any anime that has a hint of NTR in it. Fortunately I watched WA2 before WA so I know exactly what to expect so won't watch it. NTR is a cunt of a genre and any who enjoy it are evil fucking dogs.

True harem ends are ok because all the heroines are happy/accepting of the arrangements. But if an MC is with a single girl then he should stay with her, or at the very least break up with her before sleeping with another. Honour and loyalty are sorely lacking these days both in anime and the real world

She does find his pestering annoying, but watching him from afar got her invested in his music progress, and trying to subtly help him broke her out of a years-long self-absorbed emotional pit. If you have time, definitely read the omake in I'm just talking about the four brought up in at the moment.

I realize that, genius. That's why I said I'm looking forward to hearing the original rendition in context.

I thought the characters were unlikeable morons and I didn't care about anything that happened.

Will I become depressed if I watch this?

Only one way to find out! The fact that the anime doesn't cover the whole story depressed me. Season 2 when?

And that Haruki was the only one that is capable of being around her. Others would have just ignored her because of her cold demeanor.

It's a thread about an anime on an anime discussion board. How idiotic are you?

It was okay. It was sort of like School Days, when you're left wondering if the MC is really worth all that drama from the girls.
However I raged at the ending. The three of them were awful people and toxic to each other, yet wanting to continue that wretched triangle made the whole thing a trainwreck you couldn't get away from.

>The three of them were awful people and toxic to each other, yet wanting to continue that wretched triangle made the whole thing a trainwreck you couldn't get away from.
Pretty much every Romance-Drama Anime.

>toxic
Fuck off idiot. Go back to whatever forum you came from.

I did. Your mileage may vary.

Well, it can help draw in new viewers. I understand where you're coming from though.

How else could you describe that relationship? They did nothing but hurt each other and become worse people in the process. Kazusa closed off to anyone but the guy. Setsuna became a manipulative bitch and the MC tried to excuse two timing them with some lame reason and actively hounded down people who were after the girl he admitted he wasn't in love with.

That's not true. Kazusa was closed off to everyone before, but opened up to the other two, made up with her mom, and got her career back on track. Setsuna gained friends she could be herself around, and relaxed her school idol facade. Haruki, well... I've got nothing there.

They grew too dependent on the MC. Especially Kazusa. Her world crumbles if Haruki isn't by her side.

Kazusa literally only had Haruki. While Setsuna had friends, family and the support of everyone else.

Setsuna is a psychopath. She deserved her loss.

No one gives a shit about it aside from shippers.

>Her world crumbles if Haruki isn't by her side
No it doesn't. Her career takes off after the end of the anime.

Did you played the VN? She was miserable in the years that Haruki wasn't with her when she was in Vienna.

WA1 best girl

WA2 best girl

also fuck Setsuna

Arguably, nobody else could've made her care enough to fix her life. She changed one heartbreak for another, but managed to stop being a NEET.

If you're going to post best girl, make sure you're not posting the worst girl, which you just did. Just a tip.

>worst girl

how can others even compete?

How can other girls even compete?

post rare

It was for a good cause.

How rare are we goin

She seemed fine to me in closing chapter during her mom's concert.

Of course she would be fine, she was in her mom's concert. The mood would be uplifting.

Truly the best, Yayoi would be a close second.

>Yayoi would be a close second
kill yourself

What was her problem?

She wanted Touya when he had Yuki.

Rina > Setsuna > Yuki > Kazusa

>This is the same old man that kissed Yuki on the lips.

Touma best girl!

If by that you mean worst, then you are correct.

No, he's right in that Touma is best girl. Setsuna is a filthy, manipulative whore.

Stop both of you

>No, he's right in that Touma is best girl
She's a retard who did nothing when MC was there for the taking. Then after they get together, she leaves, only to decide she can't live without the MC, so she steals him from Setsuna again, after they went through years of development.

I don't know why you idiots keep painting Setsuna as the villain here. You have it the complete wrong way around.

Touma is shit.

Kazusa is slower to open up by nature; you can see how the beats in her development echo Setsuna's in a more spread-out manner.

Setsuna gets vilified by some because she won Haruki with a deceptive innocent act, right after seeing Kazusa's near-miss and knowing Haruki secretly liked Kazusa too. It was the move that led to how things fell apart.

Boring tripe

Hey retard, Kazusa didn't confess when the opportunity was there for her on a plate, which it had been all year. There is literally nothing wrong with what Setsuna did; you're vilifying her for doing something normal.

By contrast, Kazusa literally tries to steal Haruki when he's in a stable relationship in coda. That is far worse than anything Setsuna has done.

Perfection.. can relate 100% much because it happened to me irl during highschoo.
>2 cute girl, 1 cheerleader and 1 singer start approaching me..
>decide to go with the cheerleader, bcs she keeps pushing me and she is hot as f..
>the singer one message me to meet up, casually talking about school life then suddenly turned into relationship thingy,

the rest is pretty much the same as wa2. Its still shocked me how accurate this anime is, and i can relate 100% to the protagonist, agonizing for his mistake, and how human he is..

Stop confusing your delusions with reality.

Trust me user, i sincerely believe that all those thing was just a delusion because of my stupid fckin mistake.

Ep 7 GOAT

>Trust me user
Nah.

Setsuna was all too aware that her move was underhanded and working against Haruki's true feelings. She probably didn't think he'd get hurt QUITE so bad as to be left with a crippling life regret, but it's a risk she took.

Realistic portrayal. She knew her rival had a bf, she thought with herself he must be pretty good since his date on my level therefore I want to date him too. Happens literally every single day.

That said, I don't think she deserved to suffer this much either. I was really sad for her too with how things turned out.

A lot of the fun in the first half has been trying to figure out what her deal is. She ships Touya and Yuki hard, but then flirts with Touya like crazy. Looking forward to what goes down in the second half.

My second favorite The Beatles album