You should be able to solve this

You should be able to solve this.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chữ_Nôm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Second row, third from left is the only one that actually exists.

I would read first row, second from left as 太 in sloppy writing.

3rd in 2nd row = dog
1st in 3rd row = very

起きて (起きて)
ブラシをつかんで少しメイクをする
傷跡を消して傷を隠すための傷跡を隠す(傷跡を隠すために...)
なぜ鍵をテーブルの上に置いたのですか?
ここで別の寓話を作成します

あなたが望みました
ブラシをつかんで少しメイクをする
あなたが望みました
シェイクアップを消し去るために傷跡を隠す
あなたが望みました
なぜ鍵をテーブルの上に置いたのですか?
あなたが望みました

私はあなたが信頼するとは思わない
私の独善的な自殺
私は天使が死ぬべき時に泣く

wrong direction stroke

All four stroke kanji with 大:

No very.

彼 波 涙 枝 技

>tfw you know chinese

stfu nigger ren

love that feel
>tfw you have no problem learning kanji

The single stroke under is in the wrong direction.

I think you meant fat and as user pointed it out, the stroke is wrong

>Alphabet : 26 Letters
>Kanji : 2000+ Letters
Why Japs are so retarded ?

nip nong ching chong

>mentally incapable of memorising more symbols than has finger joints on his hands
>why is everyone else so retarded?

>Invent kana so you don’t have to use Chinese characters
>Keep using Chinese characters anyway

2nd Row
3rd Column
Fuck off this isn't manga

The alphabet is for phonetics, it's more comparable to hiragana
Kanji are easy and make alot of sense if you're not a retard and actually try to learn it

Kanji are simplifications, and offer a much higher information density. Great for billboards and signs. Kana are for paraliterate children and - until recent history - women.

Logographs are literally caveman writing. Kadmos did nothing wrong, desu

Information density at the cost of being an idiotic system. Romance languages are the best.

>2000 symbols
>Still can't encode a language that doesn't exist in syllables
Linear B a shit and so is Moonrune

The right answer is Kukuru. I choose Kukuru.

Kanjis are like words
How many words do English have?

Plan A: 26 symbols - learn by grade 1
Plan B: 1183+ symbols - learn by grade 6

>English words
>For the most part, can write them once you've heard them, assuming you understand the rules of how spelling works (although English is admittedly less phoenetic than it should be)
>Can speak them once you've read them (again with few exceptions)
>Can make a fair guess at their definitions, based on etymology

>Japanese words
>Can't write them without memorizing how they're written, which is almost completely random
>Can't pronounce words you're reading but don't have memorized - they have to specifically write Furigana in the margins for every uncommon word, making the whole thing meaningless
>Sometimes, words share the same symbol and the 'correct' interpretation can't even be determined by the context, requiring more Furigana
>Impossible to even guess what they mean without looking them up, because the symbols don't follow a consistent pattern by which they can be grouped into distinct taxonomies

I can read almost all of those words

Kanji aren’t words

Imagine how much time japs waste on learning kanji while westerners are studying all sorts of other stuff.
I mean preschoolers can read just fine.

During the first week of my Mandarin classes a few retards started exactly the same argument. "Muh cultural superiority!!! China is ijits!" And to no one's surprise, they never showed up again. I bet they will stay illiterate until they die. So much about their ambitions to exploit the China trade. I hope they found a dead-end job in the chicken abattoir.

Objection!
You can't use Japanese in an American court! The readers won't understand the joke unless you use subs!

Pure kana is a pain to read.
That's why I don't play older Pokemon games in Japanese.

Don't take pride in any excellence which is not your own. You took no part in the creation of the latin alphabet, and it is foolish for you to feel superior to others because your culture happens to use it.

The average person knows 20,000 words, 2000 is nothing, and even if there are only 26 letters, you have to memorize the spellings anyways. I won't call you a brainlet, you're just lazy and ignorant.

Kanji was invented to be the elites hard to learn writing system. It was not designed to be for plebs.
Korea understood this and changed their writing system and now its super easy to learn.

I'm a fucking retard and even I know Kanji now. It's not that hard, just a bit time consuming.

>Make a system of writing where one syllable is represented by one character
>Unfortunately, this system is too intuitive and efficient - now almost everyone can read, learn, and share information with ease
>In order to make reading harder, create another system of writing which is almost identical in usage to the original, which uses entirely different characters to represent largely the same syllables. People are now required to understand both, and texts are arbitrarily written in one or the other
>For a brief time, people are reduced to near-illiteracy, but unforuntately they soon adapt to this new and completely unnecessary system
>Obviously, the only thing to do from here is to nearly completely abandon both systems in favor of a third one, which is almost completely illegible
>People are now incapable of reading until they're in their double-digits, and women are never educated in this new system, leaving half of the population permanently in a stone-age like pre-writing era

I went from knowing no Japanese to reading newspapers in 3 years. You're vastly exaggerating the difficulty.

ateji did 9/11

Meanwhile 6y olds in the west can read newspapers.

ITT: burgers too dumb to even comprehend another language system
Can't make this shit up

ITT people defending shit-tier natural languages. This is why everyone needs to just speak Lojban.

You know how in Finland you're expected to learn finnish, swedish and english in school by the time you're 16. They can do it because they only need to learn words and grammar rules, and not how to write symbols for each languages words.

The foundation of the language would never allow it to translate well to the typical alphabet script of western language. Read up on linguistics, its a very interesting insight into the inner guts of language and how foreigners think. Also read up on some cognitive psychology, their language (in a pure sense) is no more difficult to learn than any other language, some languages are simply easier to learn for certain people because they share common roots and systems with their native language.

Believe it or not, I recognise most of the kanjis there. I find it hard to believe when I first started I barely knew any 7 years ago.

Do your worst, Sup Forums.

It depicts a man bleeding from varying body parts. Truely nipponese drawings are very nuanced

Sora no Woto is Haibane Renmei done right.

Just leave this here

Don't collectivize white man! It's ok for everyone else to have pride in their culture though.

Fuck off kike.

The Japanese don't have feral apes in their classrooms holding the humans back.

But they don't have to use the Latin alphabet. Look at the Koreans. They made up a sound based writing system that works for their language instead of copying a western one and it works great. All the Japs have to do is create something like that.

If you know the Kanji, then you can communicate with Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and a few others without knowing a single word of the local language. You simply write the character and they know what it means. It's a common practice in the region.

You mean the self-pissing episode?

Why would koreans or vietnamese know kanji?

With a 99% chance no one in his entire bloodline contributed anything to the development of a written language.

It already has dozens of speakers!

Jap really doesn't work without kanji. So many homophones.

Koreans use Hangul (a sound based "alphabet" they came up with on their own when they realized how retarded chinese writing is) and Vietnam uses the Latin alphabet. No one from those countries could communicate with Japs through writing you retard.

Lots of sound script languages get along with lots of homophones. You just need to come up with some tricks like accent marks, alt spellings, or even just use context.

Because Kanji are an adaption of Hanzi, the Chinese script. Korea and Vietnam have their own versions of it. The modern Hangul and the Vietnamese alphabet are quite new in their countries, all the old texts are written in Chinese characters, so everyone with a little education can read them.

I used to think the same but there are many phonemic limitations in Japanese. I have no doubt something better could be developed, there is always a way to improve, but I'm not so sure the answer lies in phonetic alphabetic or syllabic script. Also kanji becomes exponentially easier with further study as you can begin to build upon prior knowledge and build a positive feedback loop thanks to etymology. Its not really so hard as its made to seem. For me Japanese makes more more efficient reading, there are severe inefficiencies in writing however. I think writing kanji is a total nuisance and its own skill to master.

Is English complex to the average Nip since words can be made up at the drop of a hat and a word can be spelled the same but have multiple meanings?

I don't think that you know that much about any of those languages.

>Vietnam uses the Latin alphabet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chữ_Nôm

All those alt spellings would take just as much time to learn as kanji.

>what are Hanja and Chữ Nôm
I bet you are American.

Thats like saying Turkey couldn't switch to the Latin alphabet because all the old works used Arabic script (Hint, they did switch).
Hangul been around since the 1400's and Vietnam had the French there for quite a while. Any old works someone would need would be translated to the new stuff by now and since no new stuff will use it the olds who know it will be replaced by young who don't

English has huge amount of words that sound the same but are written differently or need context.
nonsense

Both of those have been supplanted. I bet you think English is still written in Futhark Runes and Turkish is still written in Arabic. O wait they're not. Because the Koreans and Vietnamese realized Chinese writing sucks balls.

Kanji are just made of smaller radicals.

女 (Female/Woman/Girl)
女 x 女 = 奻 (Quarrel/Stupid)
女 x 女 x女 = 姦 (Wicked/Rape)

>FUCKING SLAVES GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE

Japanese is such a problematic language

>Thats like saying Turkey couldn't switch to the Latin alphabet because all the old works used Arabic script
Wat
>Hangul been around since the 1400's
Hangul was irrelevant for most of its existence , only with the rise of Korean nationalism and a Korean newspaper industry the people started to learn it. Somewhere between 1880 and 1910. Before that time, Korea was culturally dominated by China.
>Vietnam had the French there for quite a while
Chữ Nôm was the official writing system until 1918.
>Any old works someone would need would be translated to the new stuff by now and since no new stuff will use it the olds who know it will be replaced by young who don't
I bet you don't read much

Too bad most radicals get warped so hard they don't even resemble what they're supposed to look like half the time.

Kukuru is scary

Turkish used to be written with the Arabic script, the switched to the Latin one. They have no problem with the old works, they just translated/rewrote them.

1880 and 1918 are more than a century ago someone born now is the product of a century plus long diminishment of the need to learn the old writing methods. That mutual intelligibility in writing is no longer there.

As I said before, everyone with a bit of education knows the Chinese characters. The entry barrier to them is very low. Just visit a temple or any sort of "traditional" establishment and you see Chinese characters everywhere. If you study the humanities or law or religion, then you are expected to be literate in them.

>they don't even resemble what they're supposed to look like half the time
that reminds me of Japan's greatest linguistic device
of all time
the most advanced and important thing that they've ever created

sousho

Most people aren't in the Law or Religion though, and the stuff on the Temples is a handful of words at best or pretty decorations at worst.

I remember creating that scroll the first time I played with crayons. Glad to see it's still in circulation.

Stop that. You'll drive her to relapse.

Sütterlin

Is Kukuru really fucked up or is she just a top tier memer?

This is the ideal script. You may not like it, but this is what peak efficiency looks like.

Is this show worth watching? I have a fetish for traditionally-dressed petite girls with long, straight pitch black hair.

A writing system optimised for people who chisel their memos into rocks because their caves are too damp for papyrus or paper to survive the next month.

Has anyone a seeding torrent for this show? They all seem to be long dead.

It's well written but only funny if you have a fairly vast knowledge of Japanese things. Don't feel bad if you don't get some references though, I doubt many Japs know John Water's Polyester either.

Ironically she's the most normal out of the rakugo cast. And that is why she's the best and most beautiful.

Kanji are amazing look at this:

凸 - convex
凹 - concave
凸凹 - bumpy and shit

These are the only ones that work so nicely

True, but learning kanji weeds out the feebleminded.

Imagine being so fucking beta you'd fuck yourself into submission and start wasting your time on learning some shitty asian stone-age runes.

Dumb asians are the ones who should learn English. Especially Japan that was fucked by America hard.