Baki Dou 193 translation

Wasn't much to translate, but still much to discuss.

Chapter 193: The Close

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/subject/Baki Dou translation/type/op/
desuarchive.org/a/thread/165342830/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*step* *step* *step*

Half-tempted to start this manga but their faces are too ugly.

>Baki: I had faith.
>B: Faith that you'd catch it for me.

chef-a da beautiful!

>Katsumi: Who...?
>Kureha: Who is that!?

>Audience: Who is that?
>A: Huh!?
>A: An old woman...?

This is sousho; it's not supposed to be readable. It's the recitation of one or more Buddhist sutras/mantras. I *think* that it is a prayer to Hachiman, but I can't prove that. All sousho looks the same.

Her coat reads "namu hachiman daibosatsu". This can roughly translate into "O Hachiman, protect me/us." Hachiman is the god of war. This is a common Japanese 'prayer'; it's kind of akin to "Lord, have mercy".

>A: Huh!?
>A: Eh!?
>A: What!
>A: Whoa!?

Editorial text reads "ascension!".

Itagaki sez:

>"It's harder for smokers to get dementia." I do all that I can to prove this hypothesis.

End transmission.

That’s it? What’s the point of all the “the strong” monologues building up until this point?

Musashi's going get up and keep fighting without a soul next chapter.

What "strong" monologues? You mean about Baki, or about the no-sword, or?

So Baki knew this was going to happen or what?

Presumably.

Well, with the way this story is written if your opponent can't fight anymore it's your win. And nothing ends a fight quite like having their soul sucked out.

what about having your soul sucked out and then being shot

I dunno how to put it, but the dialogue/monologue about how the strong doesn’t need to train etc

Oh, this.
"The one who tries cannot win against the one who enjoys themselves."
Motobe said it in the context of Baki being someone who 'plays' in war. So, I think the point is that Musashi tried to fight here, and lost. Baki didn't bother to try to make the sword swing land, which is why he won. Musashi grabbed the incoming sword even though there was no real reason to grab it, and thus were his hands distracted when Sabuko jumped in.

Now musashi's body becomes berserk demon and goes on a rampage he beats everyone only to be killed by yujiro at the end.

Surprisingly I think that's actually a well executed way of showing how the times have changed and the mentality of Musashi isn't what dominates anymore. And how they used his own beliefs against him to put him into an inescapable trap to secure victory and end

However this is Baki and I refuse to give Itagaki any credit. Fuck him he made this guy chew up so much story only to end it like this.

Now can we get to the real plot of Baki Dou?
Also can we revive Retsu?

Strong is Beautiful!

What the fuck am I reading?

something about ghosts, I think; I forget

I feel fucked in the ass.

No way this killed Musashi. The tweest will be that he will have been the one who ejected the granny's spirit and will either keep fighting in her body or use her Captain Ginyu-like ability to return to his own once more - leaving her own body behind, dead

Do you know why is there such a gap to these posts on the archive?
boards.fireden.net/a/search/subject/Baki Dou translation/type/op/
Goes 181 to 193. I'm positive I could find your other posts with these search terms previously. By switching the search parameters a bit, I can get chapter 182 and 183 posts (I'm guessing not by you), but not the others
Either way, thanks for the translations

I think that I heard something about the archives briefly failing, and them now having to restore some data from a certain period of time. I haven't looked into it because I haven't needed to before now. Try desuarchive instead of fireden - that's the one that I tend to use; perhaps there are some differences in what they managed to preserve across that time span. It's too late in the night for me to get up to post my scripts of those chapters for you somewhere, so let us know if/when the archive gets fixed.

>I can get chapter 182 and 183 posts (I'm guessing not by you)
What do you mean?

>What do you mean?
Thread title was different I think (or maybe it simply wasn't an OP? I don't recall what I changed for the search, sorry) or something, I figured it was someone else uploading

I checked desuarchive for you; the missing chapters are there.

Oh, and if you meant this thread (vis-a-vis not being me):
desuarchive.org/a/thread/165342830/
Yes, that was still me. There was some weird thing where both chapters came out on the same day in the same magazine issue, so I changed the word "translation" to "translations" there so as to be more technically accurate.

I hope the series doesn't end like this.