Looks tasty

Looks tasty

Looks like an eyeball.

Fuck, I miss this series so much.
It couldĀ“ve been so good.

Reading it every week with you fags was the most fun I've ever had on Sup Forums

Wonder if it has the texture of an egg?

Agreed.

I wished the mangaka described the legendary foods a bit better.

0.20g of pussy and ass!

They're fucking oishii, you happy now?

Sequel with toriko's son when? this time give him a female partner, komatsu was the weak link of the series.

They deserved better.

Ending without some of the Full Course's being complete.

What went wrong?

Space Toriko would be godly

Being rushed, really. Was great otherwise.

Why does everyone say this?
It would be boring as hell and have far too much repetition

I miss the continual hype. Toriko managed to have power creep that worked.

Damn now I regret pussying out at Tommyrot and the century soup

Same, it was a damn good time.

Most people read it for powerlevel action and hype moments.

>frog eggs shaped like the earth
Gourmet stuff.

>It couldĀ“ve been so good.
It was good. In fact the cooking tournament was fucking amazing. It was rushed by the publisher.

You haven't read Toriko after that?
Dude... I can't even begin to explain the absurdity and hype it reached as it went on.
The thing I hate the most now about rereading shit like Dragonball is that from beginning to end they do always the same fighting moves, with always the same effect and setups, and the only sense of scale you get is from characters telling you "omg he could blow up the moon/the Earth/the solar system/the galaxy now!"
Toriko instead showed the effect the crazy power creep had on the environment and the fighting style of the characters. That's what made it so absurdly fun.

What's lacking in Toriko is a bit more on the cooking side, to make Komatsu less boring and less useless. It's kinda stupid how all the super rare ingredients can be eaten raw.

>knife on the right hand
Do americans really do this?

>American
>Manga is written by a Japanese person
>Setting is some random fantasy land
Nigga what?

Technically the setting is Earth, just with a ton of new wildlands continents thrown in for adventures. The planet is kind of like Monster Hunter, in a way.

I remember when Jirou knocked the earth, people were super hype

That's all you could read it for, it had nothing else going for it.

>The man, with a single fist, paralyzed the entire Jupiter-sized planet
>And every single person living on it
>Just so people would stop being so noisy

Cooking Festival, Bambina Arc and the final battle were all pretty hype. Jirou was a massive fan favorite and him showing up to fight the Blue Nitro was the shit.

>Midora vs Joa with Joa just barely edging out a 'win' and then collapsing in terrified sweat
>mfw Midora pops out of the can and casually copies Food Luck

>the chapter where toriko got rekt by horsey

>that random healing water out of the ass that they never established was given to them

Biggest flaws of the series;
>Capture Level getting out of control and making formally intimidating level 60-80 stuff look like gnats compared to the 800+ beasts
>No decent female characters
>Arcs with MASSIVE downtime where nothing happens (Gourmet World startup, the underwater shell stuff)
>Zebra, Sunny and Coco all getting turned into jobbers with their beast partners being even more redundant
>This thot never showing up again

Sudden popularity spike and anime adaption where Toei was trying to force it as the 'next big thing' must have put a lot of pressure on the author.
Plus being arrested for fucking a loli probably didn't help much either.

Lets be honest. toriko's a series that did ride on some narrative inconsistencies and asspulls. But because it's so fun is not as egregious as a series that takes itself more seriously.

Toriko even joked afterwards that he did absolutely nothing in his fight against Herakles, his blue demon acted entirely autonomously of his own will the entire fight.