Why do we not have more threads about the "the father of manga"?

Why do we not have more threads about the "the father of manga"?

Furry faggot

Because half of Sup Forums doesn't read and the other half only reads trash.

Sup Forums isn't nearly cultured enough.

why does he look like jackie chan

Because people here only want to talk about waifus. If you want to have a Tezuka thread then go to Sup Forums. Seriously they have some surprisingly good retro anime threads. One even storytimed some Astro Boy not too long ago.

the art isn't really that good

Link?

Couldn't even name one thing that isn't Jackie Chan.

Already archived but sure.

Arr rook same

One Piece is worse yet people still love that.

Because nu-Sup Forums's first manga or anime was Shingeki and they refuse to read or watch anything before the year 2000 because it looks dated.

I've tried to read his works. They're boring as fuck to me. Black Jack is bretty good though.

I like reading other old manga just fine BTW.

I don't get the appeal of his works too (both as a child and even as an adult now). Black Jack is fun but isn't that groundbreaking, and this is coming from someone who grew up reading early Doraemon, Candy Candy, and Pygmalio

It's not that Sup Forums doesn't know his work.
It's that there's nothing to talk about with you fucking pretentious fart sniffers that think the further back you go in time the more perfect the work gets.
That's why like he says
you go to Sup Forums and talk in circles about the same anime over and over.

>you go to Sup Forums and talk in circles about the same anime over and over.

You literally just described Sup Forums. Sup Forums just talks about it because they're close enough to western comics anyway and it beats company war faggotry.

He didn't make a meme video about the production of The Wind Rises.

>liking retro anime is "pretentious"

Do you even know what that word means? Go fuck a cactus, underage.

Because Jackie Chan stole his smile.

Because they would inevitably end in pseud wank about the guy when most of the people who "love" Tezuka have read 10 manga from him at best.
Not to mention that 90% of Sup Forums doesn't even know who he is, I'd much rather have threads about lesser known mangaka such as Atsuji Yamamoto than the usual wankfest about Tezuka by some ironic weeb.

>Mr "I may have gone too far in a few places"

Fuck off to Sup Forums and worship that fucking stupid fuckingflying backwards brief man, since America can't newer comic icons despite having better art education. Fuck off nostalgiatards

What else is there to discuss that hasn't been tirelessly mentioned time and time again by artists and critics? Newfags (literal newborns) seem to think that they are hot shit for discovering the great forefathers of anime/manga, either that or grumpy oldfags (literal geriatrics) that have a real hard time moving on and discussing new stuff.
So, dear OP, since you're proposing we make more threads about Tezuka...Why not also propose a related topic to get the conversation going?

cause people keep dickriding miyazaki

he was very influential but quality-wise most of his manga straight up suck

You obviously haven’t read anything by him

I can agree that his work was without question a mixed bad, but suck? Fuck no, he has a lot of good shit under his belt. He's just done so much shit that that was inevitable; he's done way more stories than the average artist.

>the father of manga
He was such a fucking braggart

Seeing as how he influenced virtually everything that came after him, that isn't a false claim.