Why doesn't a single isekai protagonist get PTSD from the very existence of the world he has just been summoned to?

Why doesn't a single isekai protagonist get PTSD from the very existence of the world he has just been summoned to?
He is in a parallel reality, where everyone speaks Japanese for some reason.
Everything he thought he knew about the universe was wrong.
Science is wrong.
There is someone or something powerful enough to isekai him.
If it's a someone, what was his plan? What else can he do? Is he a god? If so, how many gods are there? What do the other gods want?
Millions of questions, many of which are terrifying to even think about, would start arising in the mind of a normal human being once the shock of being suddenly transferred to an unfamiliar place wears off.
Why doesn't that ever happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

polljunkie.com/poll/pdrijf/isekai-tier-list
lhscans.com/read-isekai-ekisha-no-kissaten-raw-chapter-1.html
idletranslations.wordpress.com/2017/05/01/kaifuku-jutsushi-volume-2-chapter-12/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They get a cute harem.

Muv Luv is what you’re looking for. only isekai I like as well, especially for cases like this. Anime adaptation when?

This, don't forget Aselia. Yuuto got his share of hell.

for the protagonists that were previously on the lowest rungs of society everything they know being wrong would be a good thing

Not everyone is so enthralled with the existing world or bound up in it's laws and nature that the notion of an alternate world existing would be some kind of shock to their system

It's like if they discovered aliens (non-threatening, non-sentient, small animal to bacteria class) tomorrow.

Some people would lose their shit, thinking some kind of significant philosophical has been revealed, and some people would be like "So they found pigeons on Saturn. Who cares?"

>He is in a parallel reality, where everyone speaks Japanese for some reason.
Haven't there been plenty of Isekais where MC can't speak the language? Death March comes to mind.

Also, the rest of what you're asking is basically the overarching story of Death March. As far as we can piece together the MC is somebody the Dragon God was married to in the past/in another life/alienate reality and she's trying to get him to godhood so that he doesn't die off with a short mortal's lifespan. However, a lot of this is is readers just guessing and filling in the blanks.

With how little information has been given, guessing and filling in blanks is all that can be done. I wouldn't be that surprised if nearly everything I have been assuming about that is wrong, but still have no reason to doubt much of it either.

MC probably has seen isekai media and thinks its badass his escapist fantasies have become true hell yeah

Eh, we're pretty sure that Satou was brought into the other world because of the Dragon God and that she's trying to get him to ascend to godhood. It's everything else that we're unsure of. What was that 20000 year old painting that looked like Satou? What about Hikaru being taken there too?

It is most likely, and I don't have any idea how the addition of new information could change that. The only things I can think of about that Satou painting are it being a complete coincidence, an earlier attempt to try to ascend Satou, or some sort of time travel/alternate timeline.

Because they're instantly surrounded by horny (slave) girls who want their dick, they become gods who can do anything and everything, and they get rich super fast or some other wish fulfillment nonsense.

Why would you get PTSD because science is wrong?

Yes you'd have a lot of questions, but it isn't like you suddenly go mind broken. You attempt to figure out what is going on. That is what weirds me out about most protagonists, they no longer seem to give a single fuck about their old world or want to go back.

>they no longer seem to give a single fuck about their old world or want to go back.

You just described the number 1 reason why I hate every single Isekai anime/manga I've ever came across.
Shit's so stupid. Why would you never want to go back? Even if you're a neet beta loser, that is still the world that you've known and grew up with for all of your life. That attachment alone is something that you need to ponder about every single day in your new world.
I just dont buy the whole "I was a loser back in my old world! this is much better" bullshit.

They could at least talk about things they miss more often. Too many times isekai drops the relevance of being from another world early. I can see liking things about a new world, but they should at least look for a way to travel between worlds at will, even if they may not find it.

Most of isekai MC are neets, ex neets or soon to be neets highschool guys and most of neets are so disconnected from reality if world around then change it won't really affect them or their life might actually improve, that's also why most isekai MCs never mention their family they don't give a single fuck about it, you only think they would care about things around them because you care about things around you.

Consider this couple - his wife becomes a loli catgirl during transition. Returning wouldn't work because she can no longer survive in our world. Running a coffee shop really is his best move.

At that point I can understand not caring about a method to just return. I would like to see more look for ways to both return to earth and then come back to the new world, even if they learn the answer is it can't be done. If they find it is possible, at least then they could bring back things to make the new world a bit easier in their own lives, even if they don't decide to spread it to everyone else.

God muv-luv was great. It's even better when he acts smug as fuck in the beginning because he thinks everything is a joke....then alternative comes...

Muv Luv.

wouldn't mind this new lineup.

Isekai'd as infants.

Summoned from another world because they need a worker at the pizza parlor.

I'm about to kill myself in this world so if I somehow magically get transferred to a different world and get a harem there I sure as fuck wouldn't miss this shitty life.

Some characters could return and actively avoid it.

Yamcha isekai is still peak isekai

they had been exposed to Isekai media in their original world.

Take the poll user, it's for a great cause.
polljunkie.com/poll/pdrijf/isekai-tier-list

Homesickness and feelings of hopelessness haven't been that well-portrayed in the isekai stories I've read so far. It would be nice if I could read something in which the mc wasn't happy-go-lucky, a mountain of self-confidence or a bastion of adaptability. I'm not saying I want read some clinically depressed NEET-turned-adventurer constantly lamenting over the loss of his game consoles and inability to taste soy sauce two volumes in a row, but it would be nice to read about an mc whose thoughts on the subject can't be summed up with "can't go back huh. well whatever".

>He was lazy a the start
Its not that he was lazy, he just didn't have anything to work for. He falls in love with the succubus in the first volume and finds something he wants to protect. There are multiple flashbacks of his father's ramblings explaining this. He was always smart, edgy and psychopathic from the very start. I'm pretty sure we even knew that before he even got isekai'd.

There was that part where his family was bickering over inheritance and who was going to run the company. He didn't give a shit about any of them except for his little half sister and goes to leave. When he does the sister says something like
>If big brother doesn't run it all the company will collapse.
From that one line we learn that he is intelligent enough and has the proven work ethic to become the CEO of a large organization.

>what is Muv Luv

>can't meet loved ones
>can't go to work
>can't go clubbing to get pussy
Why haven't authors explored the hellish consequences of the premise?

Shriogane is like literally every other Isekai protag through in Unlimited, it’s not until CHOMP that he truly realizes how fucked everything is

For most of Unlimited, yes, but it all changes at the Christmas party, not CHOMP

/tg/ wrote a story about a western style isekai where a group of people got transported and almost immediately half of them were killed or sold as slaves and the survivors did get ptsd and bummed the fuck out and barely scrapped by until they became badasses. It's somewhere on 1d4chan

>Homesickness
Most MCs/otaku/writers are jaded, have little to no friends, and hate the world they live in. Isekai is literally about escaping form that world and going to a land of dreams. The premise would have to be miserable for them to have any feelings of wanting to go back.

>Why doesn't a single isekai protagonist get PTSD
Re:ZERO got you covered.

Turns out watching PTDS is shit.

Americans again and their realism. Fuck off.

Aren't most isekai protags already really down in the dumps and quite deadpan? They don't really care that much about their life, right? Also, they're usually trasported to a fairly nice place, that has nice people residing there. If they were transported to the centre of Hell then I'd maybe understand.

Are you saying we need more tragedies or that I should keep my filthy normalfag preconceptions to myself?

Yeah

catgrills during the 18th century, pray tell what is this user?

I'm saying the only reason and isekai would be a tragedy would for it to be specifically a deconstruction.

A coffee shop in a different world station
lhscans.com/read-isekai-ekisha-no-kissaten-raw-chapter-1.html

Why exactly should they want to go back? The only thing I'm maybe miss is the internet but what the fuck do I need that for if there is magic to play around with? If its just a medieval version of earth I'm certainly going to go all out on trying to get home though. I guess the ones with family back on earth they care about should care more about going home, but most isekai'd MCs aren't even liked by their families most of the time. At best its a sister or childhood friend that cares about them in those cases. Would you give up the connections you made in another world just for that? Especially since 99% of the time even if you could they'd never be able to properly acclimate to Earth, especially in a world with magic and minimal science development.

>only english subbed MuvLuv is HorribleSubs
>it's got no seeders
JUST

It's a VN though. Google muv luv guide.

There were two TV anime, in '12 and one in '16

Spinoffs anime, not about the actual isekai, and like all VN adaptations, bad.

>spin-off
Into the trash it goes

Thanks user, shame it looks like next to nothing is TLed novel or manga.

Some storys like smartphone simply write in you may bring 1 thing etc or wiki hax. But I think the better storys typically do something akin to that or write it off where the MC has partial amnesia, which is typically understandable in that case. Especially when all you can remember is random shit but almost not a damn thing about your former life(I know sworddad does this to an extent). In sworddads case his whole reincarnation is a mystery and little tidbits about it slowly come to light as the story progresses, leaving the reader with a mystery to want to see solved among all the things pertaining to fran.

Daily reminder that Yuuya Bridges is a tiny baby.

Off topic and not really isekai but it has isekai vibes. How different is the Light Novel version of Sevens from the Web Novel?

Because actual life sucks and the concept of a god powerfull enouth to shift you into another world is less scary than the purposelessness of our existence. I would goble satan's cock to earn gold by chasing goblins and going on adventures. a character that come back from another world should have PTSD ,

>cool cool you saved the world , ready for that 40+ hours week at minimum wage ?

There's a trauma component to PTSD, but lets sidestep that for now.

In general, isekai protagonists are dropped into net-gain environments: Usually they start or are immediately rescued into reasonably nice environments, find themselves empowered, popular or supported and find that their favored creature comforts in this new world are still present or even improved.

While some anxiety could be produced by the circumstances of their transportation, it's typically outside the character's role.

To damage a isekai protagonist effectively, they need to be dropped into actual trauma: The world has to be terrifying, not magical. They have to be abused and manipulated, not lauded.

But that entirely ignores the genre: Isekai is rooted in escape fantasies. Even stories that indicate there's something wrong with the world, like FFTA start by having everyone involved go "Man, I fucking love this world. Why would I ever want to go back?"

Kamigoroshi no Eiyuu to Nanatsu no Seiyaku?

>Elevens writing good endings
It'll never happen.

Would be amusing to do a story of a pair of Isekai protagonists dropped into the same world with very different ideas of it.

"Do you remember what it was like to come here? The beauty of the landscape? The splendor of the capital?"

"I caught cholera week 2. This place is just Karachi with more marble."

3 when?

>"I caught cholera week 2. This place is just Karachi with more marble."

why is isekai popular?

Because there is no hope in this world.

Because building a dream world is at least five orders of magnitude more difficult than imagining one.

I want to get isekai'd into the kirara world as a little girl and collect a massive harem of cosplaying lesbians to go on comfy adventures with.

Eliza

Looking at Raws I assume his wife doesn't remember anything when she got polymorphed into a loli catgirl during the the trip?
And due to the fact she got polymorphed hes afraid to get to close to her?

Her sense of personal identity is damaged, but she still recalls things like "cake", even though there is no wheat flour in isekai land.

So basically hes hoping for her memories to return then, thats actually quite sad, Now sure its clearly a comfy family story about food in fantasy world, and its obvious she still cares for him regardless. But fuck if this page doesn't give feels. Does the conductor they meet at the beginning know their an isakaid couple I take it? I find it kinda odd they suddenly have a place to stay and a business to operate.

Yes, the station master is an influential man who gives them a chance, and our hero knows how to prepare meals that other people don't, so he can run a successful shop.

Who is the last one?

Is the 2nd Aselia any good?

Best girl

But who is she?

>revenge isekai
>one of the revenge targets is the knight commander
>MC genderbends him and gleefully watches as he is raped to death by his drugged up subordinates
>author still censors words like dick and pussy
????????
I just
?????????????????????????????/

what the fuck

So that's why Shiokonbu's doing the art

Yes, really, This is the chapter in question.
idletranslations.wordpress.com/2017/05/01/kaifuku-jutsushi-volume-2-chapter-12/
I think this might actually be the edgiest thing I've ever read, just for this chapter. We joke about Arifureta and its edge all the time, but it's really just chuuni that isn't taken all that seriously.

Also
>all heroes have an assortment of skills to promote growth
>one of these perks is that taking in the bodily fluids of a hero increases your level cap
That I didn't kill myself immediately upon reading this is a sure sign that I'm lost.
>MC gets drugged up and sucked off by male knights trying to get stronger
>uses this as the justification for literally raping another revenge target

That sounds hilariously retarded.

I can't even laugh. I think I'm emotionally dead.

>2 isekai threads at the same time
Are you fuckers insane? Make a new one after the other get archived, the mods gonna delete isekai thread at this point

And yet another gripe, the MC is always described as some NEET socially incompetent loser, but always manages to amass a harem of attractive women within hours of meeting them.

How about an isekai where the MC was successful with a good social life, and make "finding a way home" their motivation for questing, instead of "hur durr I'm adventuring". The only anime that I can think of that comes close to this is Log Horizon.

I thought it was slower today, two threads would explain why.

So you are saying you'd rather live with your family as a sap that works 9 to 5 and will never get to do anything cool rather than live in a world where you are a sex magnet, a wizard supremo and the king of a thousand castles? You're fucking talking out of your ass. Nobody in the world would want to go back to the world in which they are nothing if they are given everything.

Came to post this. I thought it was pretty good, but the start of the PTSD was shit.

Here's an idea.

MC is isekai'd to a fantasy RPG world. At the intro, the entire world stutters and goes into bluescreen. MC figures out that the entire world he got transported to is a broken unfinished game. Also that when triggers of "completion" of the game happen, no one gets transported back to the real world, but everyone inside dies or gets wiped from existence. Luckily MC is a programmer and takes it upon himself to prevent that from happening. MC becomes the narrator/GM for all the NEETS who continually get isekai'd into this world, and struggles to keep up with all the bullshit isekai heroes bring to the table.

They are not burger

>Threatens to kill elves if they don't start speaking Japanese

could work, hook isn't strong enough, I still have no idea what the MC will be doing.

Yeah but not being able to speak the language is a bit of a gimmick.

Playing GM basically. And players suddenly reveal they have bullshit powers that threaten to instantly finish the game and wipe out the universe.

>Playing GM basically
yeah, I've never done that so it means nothing to me.
>And players suddenly reveal they have bullshit powers that threaten to instantly finish the game and wipe out the universe.
so is he desperately fighting them off? is he having fun with it? whatever idea you have in your head isn't being conveyed at all

Yes. Better girls and setting than 1st but worse story.

Imagine being a dungeon master, but when the players stop playing, it means the end of the world.

sounds wild, so what would be the ending trigger? killing the demon lord? so would the GM at some point have a bunch of overpowered buff Monsters defending the demon lord?

>Why doesn't that ever happen?
Because it's wish fulfillment fantasy.

PCs don't need much help to go off the rails.