Blood Type: Blue = blue blood = royal blood

Blood Type: Blue = blue blood = royal blood
Royalty was historically always considered closer to the divine, and this divinity was passed on through their bloodlines.
The angels in Eva are closer to the divine, therefore Blood Type: Blue.

There, are you satisfied?

I don't like the ending of this anime.

25&26, or EoE?

Why are there zero therapists in Eva?
Especially for the moody child soldiers whose ability to fight is totally reliant on their mood?

which one is canon.

There are, they just aren't in Nerv's budget.

After what's essentially an apocolypse perhaps people put less effort into mental healthcare and more into surviving and rebuilding the world.

They both were happening simultaneously. 25&26 are inside Shinji's head during instrumentality.
EoE show all the outside event happening leading up to and surrounding Instrumentality, as well as showing a condensed and more understandable window into Shinji's mind leading up to his final decision.

RoE

I just don't like how they all become one consciousness. It feels like a cop out.

Heretic.

In the mysticistic school they're referencing, all humans are parts of a single consciousness.

I don't like how becoming one consciousness somehow entails turning into liquid.

some other series did this before eva, i forgot which one.

Shinji and Asuka are royalty you goof.

All Lilim are royalty, as they are the 18th angel.
Or, by rebuild's count, they're probably the 29th angel by this point or something.

NGE's Angels have a Lovecraftian feel now when I think about it,

You don't say?

They're closer to the original concepts of angels before rennaisance made them all winged fagboys. God is so incomprehensible and grand that if a human witnesses him, their mind explodes. Angels are emanations directly derived from and linked to God, so they have a similar, albeit lesser effect, which is why they disguise themselves as best as they can as human when visiting earth; seeing an angel's true form is a literal mindfuck.
And demons are all just fallen angels, so remember that every lolwtf biblical demon design you've seen or heard of is actually the form of an angel.

Just because they're inscrutable intelligences from beyond the stars, sleeping in the inaccessible corners of the Earth since before mankind evolved, waking to retake what humanity ruled blindly in their absence as foretold in obscure occult texts, and explicitly defy natural science as humans understand it? Do you just compare everything to Lovecraft?

Is this a mother fucking Raxephon reference?

Not everybody stayed in the one consciousness.

It's more that step one to becoming the collective consciousness is everybody losing their A.T. Fields, and losing your personal A.T. Field means losing all definition of who you are, which causes you to become LCL (primordial soup) because that's the common ancestor of all life on Earth.