Hunter x Hunter is 20 years old, so let's all take a moment to reflect on this series

Hunter x Hunter is 20 years old, so let's all take a moment to reflect on this series

>What got you into Hunter X Hunter?
>What's your favourite thing about HxH?
>Favorite arc?
>Your favorite character?

When will we see Hisoka's other abilities?

Reminder that getting caught was only the first step of her master plan

>tfw mods are stupid

I saw the 1999 anime by chance

characters and story

>Favorite arc?
Chimera Ant arc

Hard to choose 1. Kurapika & Killua from the portagonists. Hisuka & Chrollo from the antagonists.

Fuck, i meant Phantom Troupe arc

Hate to be the 2011 fag, but it was 2011 that got me into HxH. I am very glad though I read Chapter 1 before I started the anime, at the time (early 2014) I was in the habit of sampling the first chapters (offered for free by Viz) of series before I started watching, I've always been more of an anime guy than a manga one though. Since then I've reread the series & been keeping up with the current arc. I know 2011 gets a lot of hate around here, but it did bring a lot more attention to a series that deserves it.

Chimera Ant Arc is definitely my favorite arc. While I had loved pretty much the whole thing from the start (I know some don't like Hunter Exam, but even back then it was a lot of good shounen fun, with great characters & a slightly ominous world building - Netero was great) and my impressions strengthened with each arc, (Heavens Arena - Yorknew - Greed Island - marathoned each of those arcs in chunks over school breaks, like I watched Hunter Exam & Zoldyck Family over Feb break, Heavens Arena & Yorknew April break back to back, then marathoned Greed Island as soon as school got out, and then watched CA over the course of two weeks, just in time to catch up with the anime as it began the Election Arc) the CA Arc elevated the series to my absolute favorite (at the time) and easily my favorite battle shounen.

I could write a lot about Chimera Ant, but it is without question still my favorite battle shounen arc of all time.

Can we all agree Pitou loves me the most?

Why are all Benjamin's men such jobbers?

>the last scene Leorio was in prior to the election arc, July 9th 2001, chapter 124 "September 7th: Part 1 to September 10th: Part 1"
>he next appeared in chapter 325 "Joining the Fray," November 21, 2011
>literally just over 10 fucking years later

different from other battle shonen
>Favorite arc?
CA
Hisoka

>>What got you into Hunter X Hunter?
I had heard about the series for quite a while, but the Election arc threads in late 2011 and seeing the new anime pop up convinced me to get into the manga.
>Favorite arc?
Pic related.

Its reputation and the internet generally, pic related and everybody always naming Gon's father as one of the most hated anime characters of all time. I thought he was gonna do something really horrible to Gon and friends. Catcjomg up on the current chapters, started at a lucky time with it just picking back up I guess
I liked the ruthlessness/brutality of it, like when the Spiders mercilessly gun everybody down or during the CA arc where Ponzou, the guy with bow and arrow and Kite were completely brutally BTFO, and Gon being an absolute madman who actualy suffers the consequence.
>Favorite arc?
Chimera Ants
>Your favourite character?
Kurapika desu.

this arc can chooookeeee on my diiiickk

Not 2011, funnily enough. Just shonen manga recommendations and Sup Forums saying it was the best shonen manga ever which I might agree with, if not the best then at least top 5
Every arc is completely different from the previous one which keeps it fresh, yet the author manages to excell at whatever he decided to with that arc.
>Favorite arc?
I'm a Chimerafag for life.
Leorio. I wish he got some more love.

YYH being my favorite manga/anime at the time.
Mostly the characters' motives and the political intrigues, together with a setting that mixes elements that i enjoy from my favorite types of genre while being uncoventional. Also Togashi's nerdtastic autism is something i always felt atuned to.
>Favorite arc?
Hunter Exam and Yorkshin.
Chrollo has been so for most of the time but i like most of them for different reasons, Beyond and Kachoo have potential as characters i'd value.

My favorite thing about HxH would be very hard to pin down, but I feel like its characters, structure, themes, etc are all just incredibly memorable and well-done. Overall the series leaves me with a strong longing for adventure, though through a palpably different style from my other favorite battle shounen, One Piece. Ging's chat with Gon at the end of the election arc has to be one of my favorite moments among many.

There are way too many characters to pick a favorite really, but I do love the GonxKillua dynamic which runs through the heart of some of the best arcs (Hunter Exam, Zoldyck Family, Heaven's Arena, Greed Island, Chimera Ant, Election). Honestly, those two probably are my favorite, just for how their dynamics/development go, how it ties into the larger story.

As an ideal I find Ging to be one of the most inspiring characters, but again he's not quite a favorite character. Much as I love his sparring mindgames with Pariston & his scene with Gon, we still haven't really spent enough time to get to know him.

>Every arc is completely different from the previous one which keeps it fresh, yet the author manages to excell at whatever he decided to with that arc.

This. It's amazing how Togashi manages to make every theme of a new arc more interesting than series that focus solely on 1 theme.

I really hope Sale-Sale ends up being more then just an indulgent dumbass. I hope he has a Hatsu and Preditor backfires big time

Pic related

Heard some buzz about it after finishing YYH. Watched the '99 anime for about 10 episodes before dropping it. Came back years later and finished have multiple versions of the series.
Enjoyable cast of characters, interesting power system, variety in the story (each arc feels unique from the last one)
>Favorite arc?
Yorknew
I guess my top five would be Kurapika, Meruem, Chrollo, Knuckle and Ging.

>I beg you let me do this
>Please let me play dragon quest x

>Only reason I watched this dumb show

No, it is about time Benji's men do something useful and I want Predator to job against somebody else.

*and have finished

Thanks for saving this thread.

Proof that Pitoufags are a mistake. Pitou is still good tho.

A TV channel from my country broadcasted it when I was a kid.
The variety of it, each arc has a unique feeling to it.
>Favorite arc?
York Shin
Chrollo

>>What got you into Hunter X Hunter? People compared guy in related (Its a fucked up homolust story FYI) to Hisoka so I picked it up.
>>What's your favorite thing about HxH?
Some of the characters have great chemistry
>>Favorite arc?
Yorknew
>>Your favorite character?
Hisoka

Cammy
Cammy
>Favorite arc?
Succession War
Cammy

Looking for new manga to read after I caught up to Bleach in 2005.
It being quasi-seinen and characters not afraid to kill
>Favorite arc?
Ant
Killua

Honestly though, I had no interest in the show for most of it, skimmed through the edgy twink revenge bullshit, skipped the isekai video game shit, but when this hot lady tore off that dumbass guy's arm, I fell in love. Lost interest after she got pounded, dropped after the ant arc - not gonna touch those shitty scribble comics.

>only one prince has died so far

>>Your favorite character?
>Leorio.
You poor bastard.

Absolutely don't agree, but I will give you this - Pitou is gorgeous

Sup Forums in 2007 informing me of another work by YYH's author
Togashi's autism, the world and characters he made feel a bit more organic than similar series
>Favorite arc?
CA
Pitou-chan

It's Leorio's birthday in Japan right now by the way.

Poor guy indeed

technically 2

Chileanbro?

Soon.

>whole world except for a select fw dontt know what nen is
Im not buying this shit. togashi a HACK

I found it pretty hard to get into actually. I made the mistake of listening to the hype of die-hard fans, who made me think it was a towering work of genius, but it isn't really. It's a sort of clever take on the genre that's hard to appreciate at face value, and it took me awhile to get that. I think HxH doesn't really stand on its own as a story until Yorknew, and it took me a lot of attempts to get that far into the story.
Funnily enough, one of the things I found irritating about it before is now one of the things I like: how it will resolve cliched battle shounen conflicts with anticlimaxes. I don't know whether this is due to me "getting" HxH now or just my tastes shifting in general, because I can't hardly stand to read battle shounens anymore so I like how HxH avoids the tedium of the genre by just skipping fights most of the time.
>Favorite arc?
Greed Island, but I tend to like the lighthearted, lower stakes arcs in series like HxH.
Tough call. I really like Killua, but I find his whole family oddly charming. Just the blase way they treat their profession.

I started watching the anime in 2015 when someone on reddit recommended it to me!
Hisoka is the only reason to read this manga! I don't know how people enjoy it otherwise.
>Favorite arc?
The one where Hisoka kills the spiders and cuckrollo.
Hisoka!

Why did Togashi make Pitou look the most beautiful in the chapters before their death?

1999 anime
Phantom Troupe
>Favorite arc?
Phantom Troupe
Phantom Troupe

Cammy's credibility doesn't count.

Pic related is my favorite panel of hers but I guess I can say it's my favorite spread too.

kek, that got me

Honestly, Togashi playing with anticlimax and reversing the single-minded approach of many battle shounen plots is one of the best aspects of Hunter x Hunter. I think he really was bored after finishing YYH, and wanted to write something much more open in structure, allowing him to write just whatever he finds interesting at the time.

Holy shit, I've never read the manga ver of CA, and that's heart-stopping quality

I want to make love to Kalluto.

Pitou is beautiful you are salt because in the end she was a male

Pitou is my wife and she only loves me.

What is this thread even about?

Cat Emperor Time.
Pitoufags.
>Favorite arc?
"Dark Continent" and "Gyro conquers the World"
Kurapika, his power is maximum.

>cuckrollo

I was really depressed and started cutting myself, and wanted to explore the depth of humans, so I streamed the 2011 version on Crunchyroll
I didnt like most of it, but when Chrollo (or Danchou as I call him) appeared, I fell in love.
>Favorite arc?
Yorkshin city. shin means new in japanese, so I say shin instead of new.
Chrollo Lucifer (aka Dancho see above why)

>hisokafag
>browses reddit
par for the course

Original TV show when I was younger but I dropped the manga around CA, then 2011 brought me back in later on.
Its magical system is consistent and the world works believably enough. A lot of fantasy worlds, specifically in anime, would be really cool if they decided to have their world and not be completely retarded, but surprisingly HxH is one of the few series of the many I've seen where this holds true. The storytelling, characters, etc. are all well above average but its the well sculpted world and atmosphere that brings it all together IMO.
>Favorite arc?
If it keeps up the quality, Succession Contest. Otherwise it's a tossup between CA and Chairman Election.
Hanzo since day one. One of if not the first episodes I saw was the 99 fight of Gon vs. Hanzo, and he imprinted on me.

If anything, Pitou could've been male at the beginning but female in the end.

HxH definitely feels more like a pet project than anything else, it's not something that's been workshopped to death by a bunch of editors like a lot of WSJ's other mainline titles. That weird, offbeat feeling to it makes it kind of hard to get into in my experience, but gives it a distinct charm. Also I feel that by avoiding gratuitous fight scenes it gives the violence he puts in a lot more punch, especially when it tends to be far more deadly than most battle shounen fights.

Stop posting tumblr "art".

>takes obvious joke seriously

I always knew that pitoufags were a disease that plagued these threads all revealed in there shit taste, but now there isn't any doubt in my mind that are the thoughts of that average Faggotfuckers. God, I hope Togashi formally states that your shitwaifu is a man so you'll kill just yourselves.

twitter my lad, twitter

So... interesting

>tumblr image
"b-but i got it from gooogle!"
Just stop.

You will regret this comment when Cammy kills Benjamin in the next year volume

Based Chrollobro

Editors still put the brakes on Togashi, he wanted to kill Gon-san after all, probably the reason he's been eclipsed from the story right now.

I see, so the tumblrina artist is also a twitter nigger. You've really scraped the bottom of the barrel on that one.

>replying to yourself

pure sex

Yeah you can't escape the editors completely, but if they had the usual influence then this manga would've just been a Naruto clone. They seem to have given Togashi tons of slack due to his prestigious position at the magazine.

Another shitty thread.

People are really mad because 2d trap this days..

>replying to yourself even more

>tfw there's only a minor dripfeed of new art on pixiv, majority of japanese fanart is on twitter now
Kill yourself, my retard

>he wanted to kill Gon-san after all
He did?

What killed the hype?

He's talking out of his ass, the Gon/Gyro plot thread was set up for a future arc so Togashi obviously didn't want to kill him.

Ey, that artist's made some based fanart too, pic related

Embrace the shitness

Me.

As the biggest Pitoufag who has infected others with the Pitou fever I enjoyed hxh long before the CA arc and even though she is no longer with us I've been enjoying the current arc. These shitposters have been trying to give us a bad name pretending to be one of us.

My man, what tag do you use to search for fanart on twitter?
I use: #ハンターハンター版深夜の真剣お絵描き60分一本勝負
Do you have a better one?

I don't get what killing Gon would accomplish. The better choice would be to have him learn from his mistakes and bow out of the story to do some reflecting.

i miss killua

You wouldn't have found that image on twitter unless you left the Japanese bubble and searched English keywords. Embarrassing display.

It is a shame the elevens are becoming less keen on pixiv though. Twitter is annoying.

The 1999 anime since it aired in my country in the early 2000s. Also because I liked Yu Yu Hakusho a lot and decided to check out all of Togashi's works.

Loved it the moment Gon lost to Hanzo. Also the interaction between the characacters and how nen works.

>Favorite arc?
Chimera Ant, Yorknew, Hunter Exam

I'm a Gonfag.

Alternate universe Gan and Murdera

That's what generic writer #536576479 would say.

>tumblr