Now that the dust has settled, what does Sup Forums think about Re:Creators?

Now that the dust has settled, what does Sup Forums think about Re:Creators?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IWrNof7cQFs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does this anime have any relation to Re:Zero?

I enjoyed it, and it had the cutest girl of 2017. It could have better pacing of course, focus more on each characters relationships, but it was still cool to try something somewhat new even if it's not perfectly successful.

Wasted potential the anime. I can only hope that in 5 years it will inspire someone to make something better.

Want my honest opinion? It could have been something that rivals Evangelion if the execution was actually good. The premise was ballzy and great. The characters were good, but they didnt know how to write them correctly and to make the most of what they had, and it all got lost in a mediocre ending full of asspulls.
This could have been fucking amazing, but it ended up just being alright and enjoyable.

It was shit but the Sup Forums threads made it watchable.

The writing was pure trash but the characters were cute.

I think girls deserve to be brutally beaten for having silver hair.

Good ideas wasted on horrible execution

Needlessly self-fellating about the entire creative process, ends up looking dishonest and cynical as shit

Mamika deserved better

At least it had Magane

Personally, here's what I would have changed:

First, Id make the concept of the anime be "Things you post online have an actual weight to them and can influence others in different ways" instead of "the relationship between Creators and Creations"
I never got why they went with such a specific concept. Not everyone is a Creator, hell, content creators are a minority in the population compared to consumers. Everyone DOES however have access to the net, where they either like something they see, or say that it sucks. By either liking or hating it, you have your own influence on the world, even if it is minor - This aligns with people dissing Setsuna, and Altair being meme'd into reality though acceptance.

Then I would make Altair be the red herring to the final villain which would have been Magane. Considering Magane killed her entire school in her original story, her development in the anime and being a 'good guy' in the end is super unrealistic. She should have been the final boss, as she has no reason to be redeemed, she acts on pure impulse, where Altair at least acted on behalf of misdeeds done to Setsuna.

Altair being so OP was also a big problem, I would have nerfed her to the point where Magane would have found a way to steal her powers, thus making her the ultimate final villain, with Altair eventually having to combine forces with the good guys and take Magane down.

One thing that I did like about the ending was Altair meeting Setsuna. It was one of the best moments in the show, but Altair didnt deserve it for shit.
I think that after helping the good guys she would have had to come to understand that Setsuna is in fact dead, but not before Sota decides to try write a brief conclusion to Setsuna's story using the audience' acceptance where she and Altair finally meet to talk things through. It makes sense to me because Setsuna drew Altair for Sota, basically. If anyone has the right to continue writing both Altair and her it's him.

Magane didn't become a good guy, she just stopped Altair to keep a world to play with, not even villains want to be erased by a multiverse level walking nuke.

And Altair being OP is ok, it wouldn't make sense for her to risk herself bringing someone that could become a direct threat to her. If Magane would go boss mode, I'd still prefer that she was being played by Altair who was pretending to lose so she could safely have her chaos, and reveal it as a final twist with the added development she would get while "powerless".

So much bullshit talking without actual meaningful dialogs. Pacing was shit, Ending was shit...Shame that It had so much potential

>Magane didn't become a good guy, she just stopped Altair to keep a world to play with, not even villains want to be erased by a multiverse level walking nuke.
Magane definitely couldn't be called evil anymore after helping Sota and Aliceteria like that out of her free will.

>it wouldn't make sense for her to risk herself bringing someone that could become a direct threat to her.
Hiroe himself said that if Altair and Magane met, most likely Magane would have won because Altair is mentally weak.
I always thought this was such a lazy way out and such poor writing on their part.
If you decide to give Altair a major flaw like that, then dont chicken out when that flaw needs to be used. Using it the best would have been making another character take advantage of that and eventually beat her because of it.

That's also why people treat Sota as the actual villain by taking advantage of Altair's mental state and showing her Setsuna like that. That's not something that your MC, who's supposed to be a good guy, should do under any circumstances, it's fucking diabolical.

It all boils down to Souta dealing with his guilt of allowing his envy to get a hold of him, thus preventing on comforting Setsuna and preventing her suicide. It succeeds in showing the message that everyone got problems, and what happened with Altair and Setsuna is the only way this would end as far as narrative were concerned. In fact it's the only way for Souta to redeem himself.

Still they could've go farther in to this: like creations becoming more like their creators in the real world, or that Altair is the incarnation of Setsuna's rage and sorrow. Also, they could've get rid of this multiverse theory and accept that the creations are fiction came to life and the world they came from are fictional (like Viewtiful Joe, or UnMagical Girl).

It's on my watchlist. Only watching it because I like the designs.

>That's also why people treat Sota as the actual villain by taking advantage of Altair's mental state and showing her Setsuna like that. That's not something that your MC, who's supposed to be a good guy, should do under any circumstances, it's fucking diabolical.
Sadly, they don't have much of a choice, since the audience powers gave her the means to outright destroy existence.

I can understand why they didnt venture too deep into the psychological aspect behind all of that in the show, because confronting the meta angle AND the psychological one would have required two Meteoras infodumping us for 10 minutes every single episode. It's too much information, and frankly, the meta aspect if more interesting.

>if more interesting.
Is more interesting*

Magane can win as in making Altair give up or run away crying or something like that. Not in actual combat though, especially when even if she steals Altair powers she won't be able to use it against anyone else just like when she stole yuuya's persona, only against Altair who can't die in common ways without a canon (and in ECF her being bullied would prompt an automatic asspull being the most loved character).

That's because they wrote themselves into a corner with her OPness.
Or, they planned Sota writing Setsuna using Magane's power, but as I said, it's not something a character who isn't evil should do, because it's extremely cheap.
Either way, it wasn't a good choice at all.

I don't think they need to go deep with the psychological aspect, as opposed to go on how creations were made to captivate their audience in order to send out a message, or how creators put part of their souls onto said creations (which makes Altair existence make much more sense).

Biggest disappointment of 2017. Soda was one of the worst MCs of the decade, and he never once even had a conversation with Altair, who he is arguable responsible, or at least the catalyst, for her existence. Selesia and Matsubara should have been the MCs, they were much better characters. Altair also got away with everything with no consequences and fucked off to her own yuri universe which really annoyed me. Also Meteora was Hiroe's waifu and she got special treatment and was allowed to stay in the real world and made that stupid title drop at the very end.

>Hiroe himself said that if Altair and Magane met, most likely Magane would have won because Altair is mentally weak.
Only in private; if it were in front of the audience, like the ECF, Magane will lose by default.

I really dont think it's that impossible for Magane to find a loop in Altair's thinking and use her Uso no Uso to get her powers. All she needed to do was to find out about Setsuna, which she already did by listening to Mamika and Sota's conversation, then from there on it's very easy to push Altair into a breaking point in which she loses all common sense and just attacks you out of impulse.

Like I said, she can get Altair power but she can't kill Altair (no canon, just like the other characters were alive in their world by not being killed in their canon) or use Altair powers against anyone else (since her powers only affect those she tricks, so if she tricks Altair she can only use Altair powers against Altair).

The actual possible scenarios is making Altair leave like they did, or possibly make her give up fighting against the universe, making her and everyone who stay human and hope there won't be another Altair who figures out about Setsuna.

poorly written and pointless, is SAO for metatags, good premise with mediocre plot

Best and most creative show of 2017. They took mny risks and subverted a lot of the expections and I see a lot of value in that.

Re:Creators seems like figure bait—basically a way to persuade people into buying figures based on the character designs. The character designs are all that Re:Creators has after all. It could have been much better if Narita wrote the story for this, really.

No.

>then from there on it's very easy to push Altair into a breaking point in which she loses all common sense and just attacks you out of impulse.
Which would cause Altair to forced back into fiction, since using her powers in the real world would increase the chance of that happening.

Re: Zero (reincarnate from zero)
Re: Creators (replying to Creators).

i've been thinking about watching this series just because of that girl, is the show good with her or without her?

also i dont know what the anime is about so theres that

>The actual possible scenarios is making Altair leave like they did, or possibly make her give up fighting against the universe, making her and everyone who stay human and hope there won't be another Altair who figures out about Setsuna.
That's only applies the the ECF, in which the audience gave Altair unlimited powers.

Creations, and the World that creates them.

They could pander a fuckton more if they were out to sell figurines, there are very creator characters with less flashy designs

Yeah, I didnt mean she would kill Altair.
Lets say Villain Magane takes the whole "I'm having fun in this real world" to the next level and she wants to try everything, that includes being the most powerful creation of them all. She would just collect the most powerful abilities, and in the end it would be Altair using the power of acceptance and her non-canon to beat her completely.
Keep in mind that an Altair/Magane exchange would probably leave Altair literally mindbroken for a few episodes, that's where Sota can actually be useful and redeem himself by talking her out of her poor mental state instead of ignoring it like he did with Setsuna.

It was mediocre, it had too much industry pandering, and the villain didn't deserve the happy end she got.

But eh, at least it mostlly made sense and was a full story with beginning and end 6/10

Absolute shit, worst writing and pacing in years.

AOTY 2017

Re:Creators but using actual characters from Manga/anime/LNs

Her leaving triggered the disappearance of fiction in the real world, it was independent of the ECF.
Magane power isn't stealing powers, she can make anything become reality for the people who falls to her word game. She didn't steal lovecraftian beast summoning ability from anyone, she made it true, but she can't keep it as a pet to attack other people, it only exists for bookstore owner. In the same way she can get anyone's power or she can make herself an omnipotent god for that person, but that wouldn't affect her ability towards other people she didn't trick yet. Her ability is good, but not OP.

It's shit and I'm tired of you trying to shill it here. No matter how much you try you can't rewrite history.

The writing and pacing were both godawful and the only reason why you or anyone even cares about this show is because you want to fuck the character designs.

She appears in the first episode, and in a couple random short scenes until episode 17.

>risks
If by risk you mean pushing out a garbage script and gambling on the waifus to save the show's sales, then yes.
>subverted a lot of the expections
The only expectations it subverted were people expecting it to be good. It wasn't smart, it wasn't witty, and it wasn't creative.

It was a complete shits how

it started with some decent potential

but the majority of characters are garbage and they kill of the best one

its all down hill from there

the last half of the show is such a complete shit fest

you don't even know whats going on anymore and you have already stopped caring ages ago

im surprised i even finished this piece of shit

best scene: youtube.com/watch?v=IWrNof7cQFs

Oh man, user dont cut yourself on that edge there.
If you're too illiterate to read, we're having an actual discussion about what could have made this anime actually good. Sounds like you're a projecting faggot.

Meteora was cute.

It was very good, I want Selesia's and Blitz's anime to happen

Really bad.

>Magane power isn't stealing powers, she can make anything become reality for the people who falls to her word game.
I didn't say that was her power description, it is something that if she chooses her words carefully, she could very much do. And the possibilities for choosing her words depending on what character she interacts with are endless.

best girl

Impressive. It somehow managed to be worse than Aldnoah Zero. Story took half the show to get going, nearly all the characters were pointless and shallow, the villain was beaten by a deus ex machina everyone saw coming months in advance, some plotlines were completely forgotten, and it was beyond obvious the writer had a hard on for Meteora.

lmao, nothing can be worse than Aldnoah Zero

The problem is that you're misunderstanding her power. She can put anyone in a reality marble if they fall for her word game. She can't make herself more powerful in any way, except inside of someone's reality marble she created.

The demon dog only existed in bookstore owner reality marble. Getting lancer'd only exists in Aliceteria's reality marble. Having lost Hangaku only happened in Yuya's reality marble. And making Souta's selfish creation exist was only in Souta's reality marble, and only pulled into existence in the semi-fictional world of the ECF by an actual reality bending technique (the holopsicon).

No matter how much you Re:Creatorfags try to shill your shit show, it will always be a steaming pile.

And by that logic, she can put everyone around her in a reality marble that her powers are no longer restricted to each individual's reality anymore.

wtf now I like Re:Creators even more

And for that she needs to trick everyone of them individually. And at least one person will not be affected because she is good at not falling for bait.

Holy damn cant argue with those quads of truth

garbage writing, altair is a whiny cunt

Went to shit when the motivation of main villian was revealed as bullies reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

What would you do to avenge Setsuna if you were in her place

>suicidal teenager edgy OC
It could only be bullies, popular kids or her parents according to the situation.

Go to the police and file an angry complaint

Study the real world and calculate a plan that will bring the world into despair; outright destruction is too good for this miserable pile of existence.

Use my powers to become the most respected artist in the community and then publicly denounce the bullies.

I love it, altair best waifu

I think it was too much for the average anime watcher, they explained a lot of the things for the plot to make sense for everyone but the weekly airing and the gaps made it hard for the average Sup Forumsnon to follow

I like it though, mostly the characters. Meteora best girl.

I watched it half a year after it aired and it was too much talking compared to what we were seeing.
They could have shown a lot of things instead of say them, a lot of the character were also poorly developed because we were told they had gone through a certain development but we didnt even see it.

>automatically assumes that because people didn't like this giant mess it's because they were TOO DUM 2 UNDERSTEND
Hmm.

NB4 Viewtiful Joe.

I would make a manga that will be acclaimed by the critics and the public alike.
Then after finishing it, I will make an other manga with a slightly darker universe, said manga will heavily relie on suspence and cliffhangers.
I will target it towards an odience that includes all the bullies, and once the manga has enough success and is guaranteed un-axeable by the publisher, I will go hiatus. Multiple hiatuses, followed by other hiatuses

t. Togashi

It's not like an average shounen so the characters don't have specific triggers for them to grow, the environment and the people they are in contact with shapes them more, which is more natural. It's apparent throughout the series, Meteora stops being a dry NPC by the end but it comes at its own pace like Magane and a lot of other things.

Fuck off Miura.

Pfft what.
You can still have your character interact with defferent people and experience different things for them to develop and grow, it doesnt have anything to do with the Shonen genre.

Meteora had her creator killed by a car accident for exmaple, we only see her briefly react to it as she hears about it in a literal after talk that Marine tells about to the others, followed by us seeing Meteora go to a cafe and just plays games.
What we should have seen, or heard for that matter, is what she's thinking, what else she's doing instead of just sitting and playing games. Surely Meteora who's a level headed character had a lot to think after realizing she wouldn't ever get to meet her creator, but we werent shown any of that. Not only that, she comes back and is completely normal. Meteora was easily the most poorly developed main character in the show.

She already talked about that in length though?

It's not the same if we're not experiencing it first-hand.

This

Soo was Altair actually in love with Setsuna or just an extreme case of admiration?

Characters: S
Character Development: C
Animation: B
Draw Quality: B
Plot: D
Storyboard F-
Pros: More Ships than Royal Caribbean, Altair
Cons: Meteora is Still Talking...

I need a sequel with Altair in her yuriverse

Where i can read the manga

There are no translations, only some chapters of the spin-off have.

webm is literally the best dialog spoken by Meteora in the entire show.

>made pic for the "Altair Invades the last anime you saw" thread a few days ago
Kinda works here as well, just demand writing staff to not Isekai Setuna.

It felt life a love letter to the anime industry, more than anything

Interesting concept/premise not good enough writing to count as a proper attempt. The show literally ends with the good guys winning and them sending most into what amounts to a portal that causes instant death. (Call it a portal but their books/shows/works are static so you basically killed them the moment they disappeared)

I still think Meteora was evil

>lie within a lie
So you have to tell the truth and have them accept it in their heart?

Re Creators was almost good, too bad all momentum it had was destroyed by exposition and framing the final fight in the most autistic way possible for multiple episodes straight.

I didn't care about a government controlled operation that asshole Soda could participate in and get his unwanted redemption arc, I wanted genre and medium crossovers with a sprinkle of existential themes.

It would have been nice if the biggest plothole in the entire thing was addressed: why Altair could manifest in the first place.

It would have been better if the government wasn't involved in this at all. It just opened a whole lot of worms that the writers probably can't juggle along with the other plot details.

Evil for losing the comfy robe.

Amazing story that made me teared up in the end

Amazing choreographed fight scene that made me always jawDROPPED

Shit anime of the year user

She is

Solid 9/10

>It would have been nice if the biggest plothole in the entire thing was addressed: why Altair could manifest in the first place.

Still cant believe they completely glossed over that