Isekai

Post art of your favorite isekai characters. Official (or done by an official artist) preferred.

So the a huge thing in TsukiMichi is that Makoto is uglier then the denizens of the world he's in, yet the Manga version of him makes me feel funny when I look at him. What gives? Why is he so sexy and flexible?

I hope Marl gets an anime.

>isekai threads rn

Otome villain isekai seem to be surprisingly good.

Yeah Bakarina is super likeable. Isekai shoujo's have the best protagonists. Unless they're chinese, fuck that shit.

Also, the manga totally nailed Katarina.

>Also, the manga totally nailed Katarina.
The manga is a very good adaptation. Honestly the first LN volume is self-contained and could be a very satisfying anime, which would presumably boost sales of the other (worse) books as well.

Arifureta actually had cool designs until he left the labrynth

O MY LIGHTSPEED

The labyrinth is the only interesting thing about arifureta in wn. Shame manga focused only on edgy parts and cut everything good.

They also cut all the good parts at the end on the dungeon before leaving it. Not even Yue's attack was saved.

It'll be a little while until we get to see Goddess Shiraori officially so until then spider will be fine.

The heresy magic page was really cute.

also fuck taboo lv.10

So I'm in the mood to buy a couple LNs. Probably gonna buy a volume of my main series and pick up another one of a new series. Should I go for Grimgar or Faraway Paladin?

Anyone? Is this the right thread?

there is no right thread for recs

>"No. I was fated to destroy life, to be hated and scorned. People were to cheer when I died, and yet here you are, sad to see me go. I cannot help but feel joyful."
I find it sad that she had to die, but it had to be done.

so, if you could make a twist to the usual isekai shit, what would you guys do?

Gorilla Isekai

Hero is for the dark lord

MC occasionally fails and isn't an omnicompetent asexual sociopath.

Well, I haven't read either, and I don't know if you're getting raws or TL's, but you can check translation quality, cover/spine aesthetics (It's mostly gonna be sitting in your bookshelf right?) among other things.
Well, if you like either series as much as the other, then you literally can't lose so no worries, right?

Pic is fanart (no official art) from "Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu," which I will always maintain is underrated no matter how popular it is or will become.

What a shitty no-effort weapon description. Even kojima's autism is better.

Instead of being in a fantasy world, they Isekai into a fluffy Slice of Life anime like Gochiusa. They have to deal with the fact that everything in life is now peaceful with no worries whatsoever.

hero actually is brainwashed by a object like a crow or tiara giving to him, he goes to commit war crimes and atrocities all over the place, he gets the crow destroy on a fight and realize all the shit he has done, abandon everything (even harem) and tries to become the atoner without really knowing how.

Read Tanaka.
The problem with Arifureta, is that in the end it dived right into the cliches including getting a harem, defeating the big bad and becoming a god that no one can challenge.
>Dungeon Seeker did an even worse job.
I havent finished reading, how does it end?
Paladin
Turtle Spirit?
The MC is a videogame character being controlled by the real MC from his home, he thinks he is just playing a videogame. MC never ever talks.

why did he become kaneki, kaneki isn't cool at all

MC gets betrayed by his friend who rapes the girl he likes in front of him. He then becomes a straggler and does good to help others and questions the nature of revenge, love, and what makes a person happy.

MC took his slaves to the dungeon to powerlevel them, being the useless slaves they are coupled with the fact that MC is an arrogant prick, they got brutally mangled by the monsters Muv-luv style. MC got trauma from the event, cue character development.

taboo lv 10 is really going to come out of nowhere and confuse the shit out of manga-only plebs

Yeah. She's my favorite female character of the series. I have a soft spot for selfess and pure characters. Even if they turn out to be crazy monsters that harvest souls

AKMfaceshot_NO.jpg

MC is transported to a sci-fi universe

>MC is the chosen one
>the chosen one to start the Ragnarok
>he doesnt have a saying on this

The MC wants the isekai adventure with monster killing and waifus, but she's stuck with being a princess, and avoiding suitors, while running her nation, dealing with the aftermath of a civil war and nobles trying to take power from her and split the nation apart, and avoiding being kidnapped by the demon king. While still having to get a certain number of monsters killed, because the god that isekaied her gave that as a job, that she has to do through intermediaries.

>manga progress is slow as fuck
>manga translation slow as fuck aswell

Sad.

>forever a loli
>wants to live peacefully
>accidentally starts a religion and destroys two countries

The short-haired, DFC and timid main girl turns out to be a trap. This conflicted MC's heart because he already fell in love with him.

If the manga continues it might just be one year and a half until we cover this part.

Tried reading it, is the inital translation that bad or do people really talk like that?

This is Yachiyo Hitotose. The pocket watch that was given to her by her mother allows her to transform into Hindu deities. In her original world, she was a third year middle school student who spent her free time doing volunteer work. "The modern day Nightingale" they called her. That ended when she died in a plane crash while going to do volunteer work overseas.

She "reincarnated" into a parallel world that all souls on Earth come from, and all souls return to on death. Her mother's watch is the reason why she remained herself, because it is an artifact that belonged to the goddess who created the cycle of reincarnation that connects both worlds.

MC is transcendent martial artist from earth, dies. His spirit is called upon after death by a summoner girl (JC of course) and then he has to fight with her. He takes over her body frequently.

I don't see the point in making an isekai..I prefer plain fantasy adventures and the main character being uncertain of how to get home has always bothered me for stories where they're transported into a game..
If I did it would be incredibly dark with lots of character death.
It would be like combining DanMachi with Overlord and Goblin Slayer

fuck off homo

Sounds like Slayers.

MC is a cutthroat thief who have no trouble with killing competition for the glory of taking down the Overlord.

His sister is his wife and mom, and he's his dad.

>Serie starts with MC defeating the evil god
>cursed to never be happy on this world
>all his harem dies
>each time he gets a new girl she is ends dying soon after
>gets shunned by the population despise being the savior
>decides to look for a way back to earth.

>>cursed to never be happy on this world
>>all his harem dies
>>each time he gets a new girl she is ends dying soon after
Fall in love with the asshole who cursed you.
Problem solves itself.

Suddently grey ones. Like, literally grey ones appearing and kidnapping randomly from every nation and even the Demon Lord's forces.

Now former enemies must join to deal with this otherworldly threat they can barely understand and behaves in weird, unpredictable ways.

Cue to a Men in Black, fantasy style, with a demoness and a mage investigating UFOs.

Also, the grey ones never speak. Or when they do, they say impossible things.

Something like Nex from Cavalier of the Abyss: a MC who lost any hope of a peacefully live because of help a selfish bitch from another world, and now he's trapped in a world who only makes her feel more miserable.

tr;dr a MC who turns into a villain.

>MC has his meeting with god to prepare him for his isekai adventure.
>God fucks up and the MC doesn't get any cheats and gets killed almost immediately.
>God panics as there aren't any other suitable heros, afraid of being ridiculed by the other gods for not being able to save this world, he decides to become a hero instead of the mc.

>"YOU CAN'T RAPE ME, FOR I C O N S E N T !"

Pic is best girl Laura de Farnese from korean isekai Dungeon Defense

didnt explain, the one cursing MC was the evil god on his last moments before being killed, and the other gods cant remove the curse.

>Or when they do, they say impossible things.
"We're playing PS3 tonight."

Well if it's in "this world" then the curse should not apply when he gets back to earth. If so, then if he gets a girl in the other world, they should be safe in earth if they don't die while they get there

>>"YOU CAN'T RAPE ME, FOR I C O N S E N T !"

is this a reference to that touhou doujin with a fat bastard and Byakuren?

isekai but its all based off old school d&d
peasant railgun is used to defeat armies and you can pretty much farm gold outta pure ether

Fall in love with the curse itself.

>MC revives after death, no "reset" button like RE:ZERO, he literally comes back to life after some time of being death
>he revives stronger each time but lose some mental capacity each time
>at first is just becoming emotionless, but as time and more death happens, he start having trouble remembering and thinking, until he would become vegetable is he doesnt stop dying.

Honestly? It was from a /r/dnd post. Someone was telling a story about how the DM was trying to show off how bad the BBEG was by having him rape the sorcerer or whoever it was, but the sorcerer got out of it by consenting. It might have just been a screencap of a Sup Forums post, though.

>inb4 redditfag
a little

you mean like log horizon?

don't out yourself like this, it will make the isekai threads a easy target in the future

how? making a ritual were the curse manifest itself as a cute girl? MC will fall in love with her because is the only person that manage to remain at his side?

I go to reddit sometime too :)

didnt remember that detail about log horizon honestly, but yeah, only that this time is faster and the MC keeps dying because his team/harem is useless and he has to do everything, increasing his stress and anger, and because he keeps experiencing and having strong hatred and anger, those are the last emotions to go away, causing a period were is he is piss off at everything all the time breaking group dynamics and all that, before going all stoic and uncaring

Not op but I wanted to add on. For fun.
>MC slowly loses his human form
>At first he thought it was effect of multiple revives, but it's revealed to be another effect of the memory thing.
>soul itself becoming less and less human, so he cannot hold human form.
>He begins taking forms of things around him.
>eventually, he is able to negate damage to a certain extent, but this also affects the damage he deals.
>eventually, he phases through things
>at first he consciously does these things, but soon he can't control it and it happens more and more.
>he finally loses the concept of self
>he zero-sums, and ceases to exist.

so basically she wanted to be the yuusha but got reincarnated into an otome game?

Is the translation for this any good?

It's not physically painful for the most part, but it's not James Joyce either.

After a brutal journey of war and death, Mc gets transported back home. Story is about a horribly traumatized guy trying to function in peaceful society he was pulled from.

IMPOSTOR!

Joyce had awful prose.

> isekai into a 4X game
> CANON RUSH
> Rifling - Military Tradition - Cavalry
> jesus christ I'm defending my supply chain like the fist of the North Star
> conquered nations all love nip food, wtf?
> 3 turns away from a stealth cultural victory
> somehow Ghandi nukes MC's ass

any anime isekai anime with re watch value?

Yep, and this is worse.

fuck off

Nuclear Ghandi isekai when?

only ones ive ever rewatched are overlord and konosuba.

op here, sounds nice, I would throw some lifeline that manage to either keep him from totally losing himself or to revert the process but no totally, but just a little or slow it down to keep the story going, some tension would happen if he is separated from the lifeline (probably a waifu) or plain killed/destroyed, if I had to force a harem like most isekai do, the lifeline would be one of the girls but no the main one, the main one actually feels bad for no being able to help his condition and is probably the last one to remain at his side when reach the emotionless and uncaring phase.

Escaflowne
Now and Then, Here and There
Noein
Lesbian Vampires of Sodom
Those Who Hunt Elves
The D&D Cartoon
Inuyasha (season 1 and 2 only)
No Game No Life

MC gets sick of the struggles between good and evil and the incompetent puppet gods that perpetuate it. He sets out to snuff out all fucking reality.

Also gets to keep all his powers and skills. So has to take care not to be found out.

So nihilism ending in shin megami tensei IV?

Sort of, but not a even a good one, the guys almost all suck, and even if she liked the guys, picking one would result in the civil war restarting.

isekai with game mechanics

the game is rhythm based

>your only job is to impregnate the queen
enjoying this one more than i thought i would

Billy Herrington was actually killed in a car crash, and was never isekai'd, tensei'd or anything like that. The end.

>Endless series isekai
>You are the collective of DUST

Haven't played that and probably never will. Handheld, right?

allow me to add
>all conflicts and fights has to be resolved with either dancing, singing or both
>MC actually is a otaku with just RPG knowledge and ask for RPG cheat power
>has to adapt to the new gameplay.

sounds like a good comedy.

Respect the mememan who's going to be forgotten in 2 or 3 days, with exception of the gays.

>Nuclear Ghandi isekai

I'm on a mission of peace.

Peace through overwhelming firepower.

My name is MOTHERFUCKING GANDHI, and I'll burn my legend into your major metropolitan areas unless you bow down before me.

The threat of my incomparably arsenal of nuclear weapons makes people pretty fucking nonviolent, don't you think?

Taste the peace, bitches.

That reminds me, was crypt of the necrodancer any good?

FUUUUUUUCK YOU

Yeah. There's also some nippon ichi game where in a NG you can go over the top edge and ultimately erase existence itself.

yeah