BAAAAAWWW HOW COME THE MC OF A BATTLE SHONEN MANGA WINS A FIGHT?

>BAAAAAWWW HOW COME THE MC OF A BATTLE SHONEN MANGA WINS A FIGHT?

Lord, I have never seen any other battle shonen manga with half of its fanbase rooting hard AGAINST the MC like this one.

>BATTLE SHONEN MANGA
One piece is a deconstruction though, and a parody at heart. Though spoiling things is just bad manners.

>HURR DECONSTRECSIONN
Huntreddit is that way

>One piece is a deconstruction though, and a parody at heart
What? One Piece is as traditional as it gets.

>I have never seen any other battle shonen manga with half of its fanbase rooting hard AGAINST the MC like this one.
I highly doubt those are fans of the series and probably just Naruto and Bleach refugees that want to see the edgy characters win since thats what they're used to.

If they actually read the manga they would know Luffy has probably lost almost 40% of his battles and got his shit kicked in multiple times.

Shounen like hxh, jojo, bleach, fullmetal have the protagonist to lose a lot though, fucking oda ballsucker

Those fans are Naruto transplants that consider power levels to be gospel. The only reason they didn't root against Naruto is because that fucker had every factor working in his favor from the start and it was basically impossible for him not to become the strongest in the world.

Meanwhile, they consider Luffy an eternal rookie who couldn't possibly beat [opponent] yet even though we're nearing the end of the series.

I don't even think the Katakuri fight was especially well written, but jesus christ

>have the protagonist to lose a lot though
Yes, let's ignore Luffy's loss against Aokiji, Kizaru and Kuma, Magellan, and his biggest loss at Marineford. Those last three made him realize just how much of a weakling he actually was which motivated him to put a halt on his adventure to go train for 2 years. All in order to be able to beat stronger enemies like Katakuri himself.

he looses this one too

katakuri let him win because mens respect.

Really? The Dragon Ball and Fairy Tail fanbase does the same shit

Nah, they're fans of the series. The problem is that Oda spends so much time enforcing Luffy's underdog status by having him lose - often repeatedly to the same opponent in an arc - that fans of the series have trouble comprehending him winning without two or three attempts, or a shit load of other people supporting him. Combined with some of the things that other Jump series do to enforce underdog status of their protagonist, and you have a generation of Jump fans who can barely conceive of a shounen series focusing on it's main character, much less having them win their fights on their own.

It's just the way the fight was handled. Should have shown katakuri being hit more. Instead the fight was katakuri wailing on Luffy for 12 hours until he got tired and passed out.

People just underestimate the damage from Luffy's attacks.

>like this one.
surely you have missed the several dbs threads

of course people would be against Luffy winning this fight.

At the start of it his opponent was literally a better version of him.

How the fuck does he just brute force through that?

by plot armor, that's how.

Yeah it’s a flaw with Oda’s direction, not with the narrative. I always maintained that this fight had some of the best moments post time skip but the actual result seemed to come out of nowhere and Oda only seemed to remember to have Luffy punch Katakuri after he stabbed himself

One Piece is a celebration of battle/adventure manga and revels in the romantic cliches of everything that has come before it. That's WHY I enjoy it. It's everything I like about shounen manga.

luffys been getting the shit kicked out out of him the whole arc, from cracker, the rest of big moms crew, then from katakuri whose supposedly the best of all of them and in that fight on top of the constant clobbering he takes a spiked knee thats as thick as a ships mast to the face and gets a chunk ripped out his side but he lands a couple of punches on katakuri and its game over. its just fucking boring to watch, obviously he's got to win at some point but no fight is ever going to have any tension again because luffy is apparently invincible.
he doesn't even have the rubberman excuse anymore because of haki.

>Luffy has consistently shown monstrous stamina and resilience throughout the series
>has demonstrated and confirmed with his defeat of Katakuri that the most important aspect of Luffy's fighting style now is that he select the correct G4 form to counter his opponent's style

I agree with the user who disagreed with Oda's direction rather than the narrative itself.

This. Luffy is actually a competent fighter now.

>Luffy's fighting style now is that he select the correct G4 form
i hate this the most
i want to see luffy fight not some edgy deviant art tier inflation fetish character

is there a colored version of this?

What' with his mouth?

It's just autists shitposting to keep their 24/7 general shitfests alive.

name a single thread on Sup Forums right now that doesn't fit this descirption

Since when was dogtooth that fucking big? his shoe is bigger than luffy

the bigger they are the harder they job

>Yeah it’s a flaw with Oda’s direction, not with the narrative
Stop being rational!

apparently he's over 20ft tall

Ahhh, the Fairy Tail defense.

>OP is becoming its own rip off
wew

>BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW HOW COME ERZA WON?
>BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW HOW COME NATSU WON?
Lord, I have never seen any other battle shounen manga with half of its fanbase rooting hard AGAINST the MCs like this one.
>yfw you can compare this shit to Fairy Tail
I want to die

The problem is that Katakuri was shown to be vastly stronger the Luffy.
He simply shouldn't have won, consiidering how fights used to be, where even when there was a difference in strenght, therer were ways to overcome it.
Here, Kata simply outclassedLuffyx in every respect.
If he hadn't been shown as so much better then Luffy, it would've been better to let him lose then the way it's now.

FT was shit with the most retarded asspulls I've seen since rubber nen.
Everything in it after the first "guild war" was one constant asspull after the other.

>The only reason they didn't root against Naruto is because that fucker had every factor working in his favor from the start and it was basically impossible for him not to become the strongest in the world.

You're thinking of Sasuke. Naruto at least had to work hard for his powers.

>Lord, I have never seen any other battle shounen manga with half of its fanbase rooting hard AGAINST the MCs like this one.
Dragon Ball fanbase

Until it was shown that he was the 4th son, had some kekkai genkai that made it easier to deal with the biju and in the end was the new chosen one with Sasuke together.

>pic related

Watch when they ask Luffy if he beat that guy he will say no, the interference and Katakuri handicapping throw this squarely in the draw column

I've seen a lot of people who want Souma to lose his match in Shokugeki thread.

Don't be a fucking moron user,

A running theme in One Piece is that it doesn't matter what you're fighting for, if you're too weak you'll lose to you opponent.

Luffy got the shit kicked out of him for 20 chapters, he should've lost, just as he lost to:

>Aokiji
>Lucci
>Crocodile
>Magellan
etc

To beat superior opponents Luffy has always needed outside help (i.e Law to fight Doflamingo) or a 2nd/3rd round to think of a tactic (Lucci and Crocodile)

> O MY INFINITE STAMINA

better = edgier?

Mochi is probably easier to ruin compared to rubber really.

At least Luffy ate during the fight to explain his regaining of stamina

> O MY RUBBER NEN
> now I'm immunised to piercing attack for some reasons

First of all, Luffy had lost this one. Secondly, watching a shounen hero who loses on a regular basis is much more compelling when watching one who only wins.

>Lord, I have never seen any other battle shonen manga with half of its fanbase rooting hard AGAINST the MC like this one.

Dragonball Super
Hajime no Ippo

I don't read much battleshonen but I can't imagine anyone wanting that little faggot from BNHA to win.

Have you guys conceded yet that this win was an asspull and are resorting to "just stop complaining waaah"?

>that little faggot from BNHA to win
>not liking Deku
Kids...

> Katakuri was better in every possible way
> never defeated
> Luffy beat him

You can't always defend Oda.

Don't know about the never defeated part, seems a theme with Katakuri is the difference in how others see him and what he's really like.

So Carrot, Jinbe, AND Katakuri are all joining the crew? Fuck me.

I completely agree. When you follow One Piece there's no need to follow another battle shounen manga because it's only going to be worse. One Piece does the cliches the best. It is the only true successor of the 1984-1995 Dragon Ball manga

Did it ever show Luffy that small compared to him? Luffy is likely the size of his dick. I know Oda likes big guys and all but that looks absurd. Is it due to strong people are big or is it due to his genes?

They fought for 20+ hours. I'm sure Katakuri took off screen hits

Big Mom is pretty big and she's his mother. Just a hint that genes might have something to do with it.

But are there not multiple panels of Luffy being ~50% his height? In this chapter he's fucking huge. Moria size even.

>Katakuri never really got hurt in the entire fight

HEY

HEY GUYS

HEY GUYS WHAT ABOUT

HEY GUYS WHAT ABOUT WHEN

HEY GUYS WHAT ABOUT WHEN KATAKURI FUCKING STABBED HIMSELF?

didn't seem to actually bother either of them that much

OP can't have a villain that's too competent for its main characters' plans to work. Oda realized he wrote him too well and had to make him job.

> Moria size even.

I think they are both 5 meters, so, yeah.

O

The worst part is the whole "Haki grows stronger in tough fights" bullshit. Call me pessimistic but it just seems like Oda is excusing further asspulls like this fight.

>Look mom! i used the word again!

So did Dogtooth, speedreader.

the funny thing is, the basic idea of ""haki blooming in life threatening situations"" is just stupid.
firstly because numerous other characters who all have haki, who all have been in life threatening situations, and none of them have had their haki "bloom", except for luffy it seems because the plot demands it.
secondly because the concept basically just boils down to
>The weaker person will manage to improve beyond the stronger person during the fight
so why would anyone ever try to train their haki properly ever again. all they have to do is fight actual strong people then for some reason they improve purely on the merit that they're getting their ass fucking handed to them. which i hope we can all agree is just fucking retarded.

I miss Luffy's old look.

>The worst part is the whole "Haki grows stronger in tough fights" bullshit.
One piece = Hunter x hunter confirmed.

New hat is extremelly retarded.

This, it's such a cheap fucking device to have Luffy asspull new powerlevels for himself, god.

To me it feels like
>oh no Luffy became stronger after TS, but not so much that he can start BTFOing Yonkous
>except that's exactly what the plot requires at this point
>better make some kind of pseudo-zenkai now that I've invented haki to justify anything

Haki WAS a mistake.

Luffy confirmed for Kingdom Hearts antagonist

>son of the strongest hokage
>reincarnation of one of ninja jesus' sons
>strongest tailed beast inside him
Yeah, "work" for it.

Root for Natsu anytime I fucking dare you.

Thing is, I'm not against stuff like haki in itself, in fact it was almost necessary for there to be a check to the existence of logias. What I do hate though, it's that it's abstract enough that the writer can pretty much explain away any sudden change in strength or upset in a fight
>haki lol
ruins consistency and it's a hallmark of bad writing

it felt cheap because the first time we saw katakuri his future sight seemed like something very extraordinary but then luffy learns it in 2 hours

People here act as if Katakuri has a great endurance or anything.
A great reason why Katakuri was so troubling to Luffy is because of his observational haki, which made him very hard to be hit. He isn’t used to being hit, he said it himself it’s been years since he was hit. Luffy on the other hand, is very well used to it.
And the punches which Luffy gave to Katakuri are very hard, they were mostly G4 punches.

This. The OP is obviously a fucking Fairy tail fag.

I think Luffy's observation haki got better during the fight, but I don't think there's any suggestion he's mastered it or can consistently see into the future at will. Also Snake man was literally using moves Luffy used against Doflamingo, would hardly say it's an out of nowhere asspull

The issue with Snake Man is simply that there was no foreshadowing. The form itself makes perfect sense, just like Boundman kinda did, but it just comes out of nowhere.
Why would Luffy even use Boundman before using Snakeman, when it's obvious that what he's lacking is speed and not power? The only reason is because the form has to be kept a "secret" until the point where it won't job.

>Oda put effort into chapters showing that Katakuri is way stronger than Luffy and that EVEN AFTER KATAKURI INJURED HIMSELF
>Defeated in one chapter after like 5 hits
I'll say that Luffy endurance is better, that Katakuri is not used to get hit and that he probably allowed himself to fall for a better fight next time. Its bullshit but I dont want to stay mad at this.

He used snake man shit against Doflamingo, how is that not foreshadowing? Tank man was way more of an asspull than snake man

>>Defeated in one chapter after like 5 hits
You do realize that fight took like 12 hours in-universe?

>he isn't used to being hit
>years since he was hit
>after 40 years of fucking shakky and drinking alcohol, Rayleigh can swim across a fucking ocean
>after 30 years of being fucking unchallenged and sitting at home being a diseased fuck whitebeard takes twenty years to kill despite having a gojirion wounds and injuries
>katakuri takes like 10 hits total and he's dying

and how many hits did katakuri take during those 12 hours?

Trust me the asspull here is how brulee keeps getting caught, not this fight. Oda wrote himself into a corner.

you know the fight sucks when readers don't even get to see most of it

A lot, probably?
Just because they aren't shown in the manga doesn't mean he couldn't have taken 100 hits off-panel.

See DumbFUCK

>literally resorting to headcanon "you can't prove that it didn't happen xd"

How much braindamage does it take

Idiot.

Because IN THIS CASE karakuri should have won. It's as simple as that.

>Katakuri is fucking beaten bloody and tired, huffing like he's about to run out of breath
>blood fucking everywhere
>can barely stand
"yeah luffy didnt hit him lol"

No u, brainlet.

>stabbed himself
>beat up luffy for 3 hours, drenched in luffy's own blood lmao
>low stamina because plot demands it
>yeah luffy totally hit him lol

>things that didn't happen

What's going on here?
Is he having an asthma attack?
Why is he all bloody if Luffy didn't hit him?
Weird.