I can somehow understand Violet's weird obsession over him but at what exact point in the story did Gilbert start...

I can somehow understand Violet's weird obsession over him but at what exact point in the story did Gilbert start liking Violet?
Must be a pain in ass being attracted with someone very unstable as Violet, no wonder why he looks so sad the whole time.

WHERE'S EREN!?

Gilbert is gay and Violet has a manface, exhibit a

When she started flattering his eyes. There's hardly a man out there capable of resisting such comments coming from a loli as beautiful as Violet.

Yeah, I would have liked a little more time focusing on what exactly Gilbert liked about her.

Not saying it doesn't really make sense, just that we haven't seen much of what he thinks of her other than just pity that this young girl has to go through such horrible shit.

Wasn't he the one who put her through all the horrible shit?

>what exactly Gilbert liked about her.
he want that sweet Orphan pussy.too bad dude is already dead

Against his will and even before that his brother was giving her shit.

Kind of, but he was just ordered to, I mean we see him trying to protest against using her in battle and during the sneak attack he actively told her to stay behind.

After she proved how useful she was there probably wasn't much he could do to stop the army using her in more dangerous battles, plus there was also the general problem of how useful she really was.

Even then I guess by all those guilty looks that he felt bad for not just running away with her or something, though in that case he probably wouldn't be able to care for her, and it's understandable that he wouldn't want to abandon his whole life as a deserter.

WHERE IS 9ESSSSSSSSS

hes a lolicon, he liked her the moment he saw her petite body

He doesn't really like violet as much as she does but who wouldn't want a cute teen girl lusting after them.

Not really much point of telling her you love her when A) You know she doesn't understand what you mean, and B) You think you're about to die.

Ever heard of love at first sight? or Puppy love? Or even infatuation? She had some sort of attraction to him she since she feels something when she sees the green color of the pendant and it reminds her of him. And I agree she didn't really didn't hear of the word "love" until he was dying. But she doesn't have to know the word love to experience it.
If you don't get it you actually might have autism or have never fallen in love.

Falling in love is just a chemical reaction

Thank you for proving my point - you don't have to know what love is to experience it. It's a natural chemical reaction to encourage breeding

she sucked his wee wee for choccy

Did you even see the post I was replying to that said he didn't actually love her but just wanted a cute girl to lust after him? I'm saying it'd be pointless to confess to liking her ((fakely)) at that point because you think you're going to die as well as because violet doesn't really know what love is anyway.

I got more of a father/daughter vibe than anything. Nothing about Gil's interactions struck me as romantic

he's so much older than her it's creepy as fuck

and didn't his maid imply he was married already?

Yeah, Gilbert is still feeling guilty about that and his brother used to beat up Violet daily before.

>but at what exact point in the story did Gilbert start liking Violet?
Instantly.
Also, Gilbert's love for Violet is almost certainly not romantic.

>he's so much older than her it's creepy as fuck
Violet says otherwise.

But Violet is a boy, see

The aishiteru at the end of the flashback in episode one confirms it's romantic love, sad I wanted a father daughter relationship with them

no

I want to suck on this boy's feminine penis

H-HAYAI!

I would love I confess to the person I love as I'm dying as well. It would provide me some sort of comfort.

His love for Violet is romantic from the very start.

Snake is that you!

That's funny, I could've sworn Mikasa was voiced by Yoko Hikasa, but now that I look, I guess I'm a retard and she only sang the ED.

But this explains a lot; I always thought Violet kind of sounded like Mikasa. It's a good, emotional voice.

But like I said, I was replying to the post where the user said that he didn't love her but only wanted a cute girl to lust after him.

He said "aishiteru" which means love for, care for.

Jesus Christ get some reading comprehension or stop shitposting.

My post was replying to the user saying he didn’t actually love her saying that if he didn’t, it wouldn’t make sense for him to confess just as he was dying.

Violet,es su casa

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

Who talks like this? These characters don't feel believable at all.

And I say that I'm nearly certain that it is not.

I found Gilbert's attraction to Violet as something much more complex than a crush, and something naturally far less petty than "he's a lolicon", which I can only assume some people are only bringing up in jest. Although mind you, I'm not putting down either of those reasons to be attracted to someone in general.

However, Violet symbolizes the war to Gilbert. He pities her, admires her (if not at least her abilities), but also perhaps more than any of those things wants to protect her (ironic that she's of course always the one protecting him). Could Violet have one day married Gilbert? Sure, I guess. But that was likely the last thing Gilbert wanted for her. Rather, I'd say he would have wanted her to be set free.

That was one of the worst points in the show for me.
Fucking mustache twirling villains that were obviously made to just be evil are the fucking worst.

He fell in love with her when she told him his eyes were beautiful.

I think that's wrong, too.
The fact that he also loved her aside, I think in that moment he was taken aback by the fact that apparently, he had also always meant so much to her.

I wish VEG was a post war romance between a child soldier and her fatherhusband.

tfw I love Gilbert now.

fuck CHAD

the only good characters in this are the manlets who can't get dates, like leon and benedict

Leon have a chance with Violet in the LNs, the anime cut off all the romantic parts between them.

Go away Leon, don't lump Benedict with you.

>aishiteru
>it's not romantic guys
Oh fuck off with you lot.

>Leon have a chance with Violet in the LNs
lol she cuts him dead and says she would spend time with him but not in the way he wants

violet only wants CHAD
i can guarantee that benedict will NEVER EVER fuck
they're probably lnfags, where nothing is ever spelled out

however in the anime even leon knows violet wants chad cock and cattelya gets chad dick

This is a bad meme.

>No double entendre bullshit
>No passive agressive fits
Implying being autistic is bad.

Every girl loves chads.

>>what exactly Gilbert liked about her.
>pretty young girl
I mean, that's fairly sufficient already.

Reminder that Leon will come back, confess to her and they will start a happy family.

She also didn't sing the ED.

What did he mean by this? Did people see him secretly going to her tent at night?

Probably more from the fact that she moves to kill anyone who touches him for more than three seconds.

He isn't married. She referred to his mother not his nonexistent wife.

It's not a meme it's knowledge of basic Japanese.

Why bother writing realistic women in your escapist fantasy? If I wanted to see cunts I'd go outside.

Violet is a mental inestable bitch, once he lost his master she just turned mor autistic than ever

Hodgins is the most Chad in this show.
>over 6ft
>good looking
>war veteran
>rich
>president of his own company
>hires qts
>is surrounded by qts
>fucks Cattleya

women in animes made at men don't like chads
because it's escapist fantasy made BY WOMEN FOR WOMEN
>over 6ft
he's clearly like 6' 5 or something ridiculous

Because this is their "serious" work.

HYPOCRITE THAT YOU ARE FOR YOU TRUST THE CHEMICALS IN YOUR BRAIN TO TELL YOU THEY ARE CHEMICALS ALL KNOWLEDGE IS ULTIMATELY BASED ON IT HAT WHIGH WE CANNOT PROVE WILL YOU FIGHT OR WILL YOU PERISH LIKE A DOG

My wife is so cute.

>gets protected
>gets confessed to

Shousa is such an innocent maiden.

Who would you trust then?

KyoAni is like 50% women.

>fucks Cattleya
Is this true or just a meme though?

Yes.

nah she really likes the blond guy but flirts with the local chad to tease him

She said it herself when she was teasing him.

But postman is younger then slut-san, isnt he? The autoress sure has fetish about age gap.

In terms of autistic girl in love she voiced, 2B > Dhianeila > Violet >>>>> Mikasa

>hugs Claudia in a seductive way
>"calling out a girl's name in bed is embarassing" something like that
>took her out for a drink

Watch episode 2 again with Asenshi subs.
The way how Cattleya acts around him and she heavily implied that they've had sex before.

Violet and Gilbert sleep on the same tent, always. Reason being that many men tried to rape her and ended up dead for it.

Does the novel ever get into why Violet is a super soldier to begin with? "Hey, there's this kid with super strength, heightened reflexes and speed, who can murder soldiers in CQC like it's nothing" "Ok, cool. Let's treat her like shit and put her in the army as an expendable resource."
I mean, wut?

In the novel she wasnt portrayed as an expendable war tool. She had her own special unit and the success of lots of missions depended on her. She is also much more powerful in the novel, so it makes sense that in a time of war, she would be 'recruited'. Think of how the watchmen were portrayed during the vietnam war, she was pretty much a superhero. Also the treatment she got didnt feel as ridiculous as in the anime, probably because the instances of ver being mistreated por dehumanized were more spread out.

Interesting. Thanks for the info, as the anime doesn't make much sense in that regard.

It doesn't at all. In the anime Gilbert takes her just because, in the novel Violet only responds to Gilbert and his brother for some reason. The way the anime handled the flashback made it feel as if Violet was just another soldier in Gilbert's platoon, in the novel Gilbert is there to make sure she does what she's supposed to do, he LATER feels bad about using a child like this.

The novel hints at some chuuni reasons behind her skills while the anime only shows her behaving like a trained yet feral animal, which in turn hints at some very fucked up childhood.
The anime also toned down her importance to the military because we see the officers being ok with abandoning her on the battlefield, personally I think that's a more realistic take on war orphans, especially an orphan like her that couldn't even speak and obeyed Gilbert and only Gilbert. The novel makes gives her a key role in many operations because she's a lot more powerful there and frankly it's quite chuuni.

Anyway, they took a more grounded approach to an exceptional case like Violet and because of it the finale will make a whole lot more sense. LNfags should know what I'm talking about.

I wouldn't say more grounded. I haven't touched the novel and Violet very clearly strikes me as some sort of enhanced human, so it's jarring to see her treated the way she is, as if superhuman children grow on trees and she's one out of many, at least going by the way she's dismissively handled by every military guy apart from SHOUSA.

in b4 she finds his diary and it's just platonic love

They're not going to treasure her if they can't control her. Not even Gilbert can at times, she's a wild card that might result in bad operations like the one we see at the early part of this episode.

Seems more like fatherly love to me.

he said aishiteru

I know it would be strange saying aishiteru and not really meaning it that way. But I really don't believe he did love her in that way

Why do landwhales want it to be father/daughter so much? Even the dumb cunt who did the fan translation of the LN (which is a pretty shoddy translation to begin with) spergs out at the fact that their relationship is romantic.

I don't even want them to be father/daughter it just feels like that. There's no way in hell you can love that wreck in any other way.

The anime made a mess out of her involvement in the military, she's not important enough to be a wild card and send her into a battle that will literally decide the war.

They didn't have much of a choice either, Gilbert and his men are the best at what they do and Violet was basically his shadow. A lot more controllable but not quite there yet, as we'll be shown next episode when she panics.

If only the anime writers had the power to portray it more coherently or had a template where her involvement and status in the military was constructed with more care.

In the novel they didn't have much choice, she can literally solo entire battalions, novel Violet is 10 times stronger than anime Violet and only the Bougainvillea brothers can control her, that's one of the main reasons Gilbert takes her in, the other being him worrying about Violet killing innocents if he wasn't there to stop her. Gilbert in the anime takes her in because of her puppy eyes. Gilbert is Violet's shadow in the novel not the other way around, his internal conflicts have more depth as well.

Looking through the recent comments I wonder why Kyoani always has such a hard-on for rewriting the source they're adapting. Is it so the anime writing staff can validate their existence by putting their stamp on it?

Anime Gilbert takes her in because he's a good man. The anime also made Dietfried be the one who arranged that murder test Violet went through, not Gilbert.
His internal conflicts are also pretty much the same; get her out of that life and have her be happy and human. Violet is also his shadow on the novel too, she's always trying to find him and is actually a lot more desperate for his orders there than in the anime.

They decided to remove everything chuuni and make obscure everything that could be traced to the chuuni stuff. This makes her just an exceptional woman that went through hell since she was little instead of a demigod capable of slaughtering entire battalions but somehow ends up in a dire situation in the finale.
Adapting the finale in the anime is going to be a lot more consistent than what was done with it in the novel desu.

No chuuni stuff, they want to make this as serious as possible.

>The anime also made Dietfried be the one who arranged that murder test Violet went through, not Gilbert.

I don't remember him saying this. Citation?

I like the idea of a 41-years-old woman with zero dreams except "my Mayor"

>Anime Gilbert takes her in because he's a good man. The anime also made Dietfried be the one who arranged that murder test Violet went through, not Gilbert.
A shallow reason. Gilbert in the show is no saint and that's exactly the point of his character. I still have some faith in the anime, since his superior called him a hypocrite last episode. Maybe they'll delve more into his character.

>They decided to remove everything chuuni
>This makes her just an exceptional woman
She is still superhuman in the anime, but seeing how they are removing key components that tie her to something larger than life, I don't think the anime will find a reasonable backstory for her to explain all the physical feats she can still achieve.