Opens the 5th gate

>opens the 5th gate
>still loses
Is there a worse example of plot armor than this?

>opens the 8th gate
>still loses

What? Lee had nothing to do with the main story. Whether he died or not it wouldn't have mattered that much.

Any other fight in the same show?

This fight is the high-point of Naruto. Despite the rest of the Chunin exam being good, it all went downhill after this. Kishimoto is a fucking hack, anyone with more than a single fucking digit IQ knows that Lee won the fucking fight.

In main Naruto I think this is the worst offender, in Shippuden it's basically every fight featuring a main character vs a villain after they kill the puppet sand nigger.

Naruto is honestly really mature. It takes the route of Ping Pong and shows that talent is really all that matters and that hard work is for genuine genetic failures.

It's the truth

UI goku
O MY RUBBER
that shit vs dias in star ocean.

I mean he was against someone who managed to become Kazekage aka the (supposedly) strongest ninja of his village a few years after that incident. Also it was stated that he completed even A rank missions without a scratch at the time of the Chuunin exams

So? Lee was fucking destroying the very ground he was running in. Kakashi also became Hokage, and Kakashi doesn't fucking a hold a candle to Gai. Their advantages lie elsewhere; Kakashi and Gaara are more consistent, but can't really clutch it out. Gai and Lee are basically broken in 1-on-1 encounters.

nigga what are you on kakashi is broken as shit. also, its established beforehand that gaara is way out of everyone's league, all he needs to do is catch you with his sand once and he'll crush your body

Which would be great if it called attention to this theme, but in reality a doofus tried to write an underdog story then haphazardly turned it into a chosen one story. Thus Ping Pong is critically acclaimed while Naruto is a laughingstock.

>Kakashi is broken as shit
That's why pain killed him, isn't it? Kakashi is overrated as fuck, at best he's Sanin level, and we know that the Sanin ain't shit once Shippuden kicks into full gear. Had Gai ever had a reason to fight him "seriously," he would have mopped the floor with his faggot ass.

Likewise, everything about Lee and Gaara's fight made sense, except the outcome. Lee was just RUNNING, and he was destroying the ground. You telling me he can't crack a bit of fucking sand? And Lee moved faster than Gaara's sand reacted to threats, so it's irrelevant. Gaara would have been out of someone like Naruto's league, and yet that little faggot still beat him. It makes sense that opening the Gates made Lee tired, but it doesn't make sense he didn't fucking pulverize the shit out of Gaara. Lee won the fight.
Kishimoto's initial description of the Eight Gates is really inaccurate, or at least inappropriate for the characters that used it; saying it gave you power equal to a Hokage was an understatement. Gai was a fucking demi-god when he opened all 8.

Like student like master.

OH MY RUBBER STAMINA

>using the term "plot armor" to des-qualify the great direction of this fight

seriously, suck a dick

If Luffy wins Oda is officially a hack.

>the gourd cushioned his fall
I didn't like that he no sold the entire beat down afterwards. Yet a naruto head butt is too much.

Ping Pong has horrible art and retarded characters... leave it to hipsters to take garbage and pretend it's good.

fpbp

>still lives
ftfy

Lee and Guy always got the short end of the stick.

Was it even the hours that did it? Because that would have made more sense, I thought the explanation was that he literally made a phone case for his skin with invisible hardened sand

should have opened the 9th gate

The funny part is naruto says destiny is bullshit during the Neji fight but then during Tsunade vs Orochimaru she says he was chosen by fate to become Hokage

Sasuke vs. Deidara

This.
>sasuke is so tired he can't even stand up nor continue using the sharingan
>3 meters away from deidara
>deidara self-detonates
>sasuke is clearly shown still there laying on the groung while the explosion is already growing bigger
>somehow he:
>summons the snake
>activates sharingan
>mindrapes it
>gets inside its mouth
>de-summons it
Complete fucking bullshit.

The plot armor was the shell armor becoming a instant sand clone, all while Lee pumbled Gaara and awed everyone with his taijutsu while in the opened gates mode.

It was total bullshit that the matched ended with Gaara walking away unscathed.

It should have ended with a draw with BOTH Sensei's intervening in the match (I believe that was one of the reason why Lee initially lost; because of Gai's intervention) as Gaara should have felt pain from Lee's attacks and went berserk but before he went bijuu-sankaku, the sand sensei should've knocked him out or something.

Sand armor, not plot armor

>I lost. I lost hard.

At least he beat Sasuke

Listen here m8, just because someone dies to a chakra battery doesn't mean their weak. Some matchups are just really shit, like Madara vs well...ANYONE lol according to your logic everyone is weak because no o e could beat Madara, in fact I'd go as far to say Madara was the only undefeated.(I don't count ayylmaos coming our of nowhere as a defeat that's just poor writing.) person in the narutoverse. And here's the kicker he wasn't even fighting at full strength he had the common decency to hold back against what he considered children so what maybe 20% strength until he just thought fuck it I'll wreck your shit then BAM aylmao no jutsu.

Kakashi IS broken. He knows all of the Gates just like Gai but he never uses them. How do you think he even competes with Gai physically? Kishimoto just never lets him use the Gates for the same reason Madara suddenly forgets every Rinnegan technique except fucking one when he becomes a Sage - because they'd be near impossible to defeat.

Not even Ping Pong was that reductive you absolute brainlet

>That's why pain killed him, isn't it?
Pain never killed him. Kakashi died from chakra exhaustion saving Choji's ass.
>at best he's Sanin level
That's still Hokage level. Tsunade was Hokage and Jiraiya was a candidate as well.
>and we know that the Sanin ain't shit once Shippuden kicks into full gear
Yet most of the Akatsuki either feared or respected Jiraiya?
>Had Gai ever had a reason to fight him "seriously," he would have mopped the floor with his faggot ass.
Gai would have gotten erased in a "serious" fight. Without the Sharingan, Kakashi still wins.

Kishimoto made Kakashi out to be super strong, but he's nerfed when it comes time to show how strong the villain of the arc is so Naruto can prove that he's surpassed the last generation again.

Really? What was Ping Pong about then? Totally just that no?

>Yet most of the Akatsuki either feared or respected Jiraiya?

I am not disagreeing with you, but this could at least partially be because of his relationship with their leader.

Not him, but I would summarize Ping Pong as being about (1) the degree to which talent is a major factor in success (2) the uncertainty of what your full potential is and (3) the difficult decision problem of whether you're willing to sink time into something that's inherently uncertain. Some characters can be decently sure in their talents and try to go pro. Some characters quickly rule themselves out. Some are somewhere in the middle. It's a basic analogy you can apply to anything in life, that you know it takes talent to be good at something, but you can get better with time, but you also have finite time to juggle.

Additionally, there's a theme of contentment in not being the best at everything. One character gives up on ping pong, but continues to be a fan. Assuming anyone here has played sports, was decently passionate about it, then gave it up, I'm sure they'd find it a relatable situation that we all know isn't the end of the world. Your life needn't center on being the best at everything.

What a load of Shakespearean for what the other guy said just fine. Nobody said Ping Pong is about a single thing though.

it's literally called the ULTIMATE defense. That's why he didn't win. It's ultimate.

he was fighting a god what did you expect?

disagree. The series started, remained, and ended strong. Naruto is great

Who gives a fuck about borutos dad's series? When do we get to see chocho get raped like the slut she is?

hard work payed off for a lot of characters

Kakashi and Guy were rivals for their lives. And last I heard Kakashi was in the lead with their contests. Also to win a fight I believe you have to win. If you kill your opponent then die yourself it's a tie. So the 8th gate just gets you a tie not a win. You didn't win if you're dead.

naruto shouldn't be a laughing stock. It's a great anime

how many times did they reuse flashbacks friend

I agree it was a great fight

but it was still good friend

the guard softened the fall and he had a case of sand around his entire body. It was both

Chocho is a kinky buttslut, I love it.

Madara couldn't do shit doe. Guy bent space itself and nearly annihilated Madara with a single kick. It would have been a good ending, but no, they had Black Shitsu kill him

Increased physical strength isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

How would Gara have fought sasuke if he didn't win?

And it kind of was because guy intervened but only because lee was knocked out cold and gara tried to kill lee. He jumped down, swatted sand away, then gara got mad and walked away. He lost before guy had to intervene. He was unconscious and gara was 2 seconds away from killing him.

Hashirama with Rinnegan when?

>pain never killed him

I hate chocho. Definitely worst girl out of the new girls. I hate fat girl. They're disgusting.

She's delicious chubby, fag.

I was okay with Lee losing the fight; that make sense, thematically.

What I *didn't* like was how Gara brushed it off at the end, revealing that he hadn't even been remotely hurt throughout the course of the fight. That totally shat on the entire fight's rewatch value. Sad times.

she's fat. Fat girls are disgusting.

that showed just how much stronger gara was than all of them. He was on another level and that demonstrated it.

Kill yourself, low test nerd, chubby and brown are the perfect fit.

He was hurt though? He had trouble breathing and was going crazy about guy after the fight.

fat is disgusting. Idc about brown. If you like brown that's whatever.

Well yeah, I get that. It's the fact that it *appeared* Gara was getting hurt during the fight, but then at the end it was like "Haha, j/k you never even hurt me, you were just attacking my sand-armor and/or clone"

It's lame. Not saying Lee should've beat the guy's ass, just that anything would've been better than "lol nothing you did actually hurt, even though it looked like it did"

>Neji's kaiten is stated to be better

Imagine Neji vs Gaara now, just endless not hitting eachother until one runs out of chakra.

It also kinda makes Lee look more like a bitch in the scheme of things when you consider that Gaara never used his tailed beast. Lee started off an underdog, never stopped, and never achieved anything of note other than what he set out to do, be a competent ninja.

Sasuke getting stomped by deidara
O MY SUMMONED SNAKE

this would of been a better end then random moon rabbit ending

when even spics make fun of your battle shonen you know its true shit

but it's not. Naruto is awesome.

more like filleruto

Lee was shit, he was a forced underdog and his punch shit was fucking boring, glad him and Gai got nothing.

Did you watch Ping Pong or are you memeing and/or retarded. Because that was the message of Ping Pong at all.

wasn't it outright stated Kakashi only got up to 5 gates?

t.Naruturd
he won

Dude kakashi used his kamui to basically warp away that nail, as well as the missile that was fired at choji. He died from using all his chakra, pain technically didn't kill him

I mean, even in the very beginning of Naruto, we see that Sasuke is the guy who's just too cool for school and is an unbeatable prodigy. Every time i saw him fight onscreen i was expecting some bullshit to happen where he wins every time. Is it bullshit? Yes. But it's not like it isn't expected.

Until he got assblasted by deidara, the most annoying member of the akatsuki

One gate.

>most annoying
Sasuke briefly joined the akatsuki, who was so annoying even Deidara couldn't take it.

Reminder that every single thing imaginable has been weaponized in the Naruto universe

Blood, steel, radiation, atomic level control, time, space, mind games, shadows, oil, skin, hair, eyes (not just ocular powers but the physical eye itself), bubble gum, dark matter, the fucking moon, dead bodies, and nature energy among many things

Reminder that there is virtually nothing left considering bort now uses TECHNOLOGY for weapons. Also guns now

If naruto wasn't a shonen, even cum and sex, also do you think it would better if Naruto was about Samurais isntead?

We also had a samurai in Naruto so yes it might have been better than space ninjas

Well, I mean replacing ninjas with samurai, so there is more swordfights, guns and whole "ninja" shtick gets dropped because that was never a thing.

Would likely end up like bleach I'm sure

Never watched it, so I can't tell, but it probably ain't as bad.

Oh boy you have no idea

Compared to Naruto, how bad it was?

The last arc was the culmination of "NO U! NO,NO U!" repeated ad infinitum, the final boss was taken out by an asspull of immense proportions that was never foreshadowed, and the writing went to shit after the first fucking arc.

This sounds as bad Naruto, especially the middle part, it was exactly like that.

Basically, in Bleach, the final villain got taken out by crystallized silver that was just mentioned in the SAME chapter he was defeated that happened to turn off his powers for just a second. His powers,however, were reading and altering the future, so that should've had no effect. With Madara, it was retardedly stupid,sure, but not as bad as that.

Boy that sure sounds similar to Madara:
Madara won, but the So6P basically told his story and Zetsu one shotted him despite him being basically god, then Kaguya happens and the rest is story. But fuck it, losing despite Precog sounds more retarded than losing because the author just said fuck it.

Kishimoto is a shit writer. I don't know how anyone can think this shitpile is worth anything more than a 4/10

Absolute ass pull.
He did much more than was possible.

>

Not that user, but believe me, Naruto is national tresure compared to gigantic pile of shit that is Bleach.

This really makes wanna see it, but my instincts tell me not to.

Naruto is garbage. Stop baiting you pathetic cunt.

they're both about as shit

Ha, no one expected final battle to be fought by Maito Gai, not Nardo, Saske and Sakurwa