Why are all the people who watch Welcome to the N.H.K suicidal and depressed?

Why are all the people who watch Welcome to the N.H.K suicidal and depressed?

Other urls found in this thread:

pol.tokyo/2016/04/27/misaki-evocation-meditation-english-ver-now-released/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm not

also post misaki-chans

>XYU

I wonder why a series renowned for its portrayal of depression and suicide might garner attention from people struggling with those very issues.

What do you think NHK is about?

come on, the anime wasn't that dark

some of are actual hiki, so it hits close to home.

i was so sad when i knew that there were only a few episodes left of this, but i was content having watched it when it was over

the ending is what disappointed me. I was hoping he would, a) go on to become a success, or b) fall back to his hikki ways and live out the rest of his life being stuck in that apartment.

The actual ending was better than both of those because it doesn’t portray a wild and unrealistic contrast between success and failure, which is something a lot of hikkies believe in. It just shows life as it is.

Is she supposed to be referencing One Piece here?

this

I was a hikki when i first watched it..

Becoming able to face their problems honestly is the greatest success a person with issues can have.

>no good rip

I wanted Sato to end up with Senpai desu

They see Misaki as the ultimate escapism excuse for their lifestyle.

I used to be a depressed hiki, but then I got a job and started to hate life even more. I've come to realzie that the only way to a better life is to win big in the lottery.

It fucking well was.

reminder that senpai is the worst character

Compared to the LN, maybe. In general, it's pretty fucking dark.

>go on to become a success
Kaoru's the true success story of the anime.
On a more serious note, that's not really the point of the anime. I feel like that would be such a hollywood ending, you know.

>and then Satou solved all the problems in his life
>and he even got the girl in the end
That's not the point of Welcome to the NHK

I watched it as a 17 year old, and I remember feeling soul-crushing feelings of anguish since I related a lot to the MC. More than 10 years have passed, and I have not changed my ways.
I don't think I could rewatch it all again, it will be excruciating and it will hit too close to home.

He had big dreams. If only he wasn't a lazy shit.

Sato was 22. You're already older then him and he got his life together.

>Several years have passed since I wrote, “I still will do my best after this.” I have not done my best. Proof of that is in the fact that I haven’t written a single new story. I’ve been reduced to a NEET, living as a parasite on the royalties from this book.

The author isn't doing well either.

>Sato was 22.
fuck you
fuck you fuck you fuck you

Oh shit you're right. I thought he was older, maybe around 25 or 26.

I wouldn't mention it if it wasn't the same for me. It makes you feel like you've missed your last chance already.

And he wrote this ages ago. I wonder how he's living now.

I was a neet when i watched it and that was 5 years ago, it destroyed me.

I only got my shit together last year which is kinda sad considering even sato did it before me but we are all going to make it, right anons?

I Not him, but I'd heard he'd gotten into some spiritual stuff lately. He also released some guided meditation a couple of years ago.
pol.tokyo/2016/04/27/misaki-evocation-meditation-english-ver-now-released/

>renowned
It's shit.

having been neet around the same age as sato, i got the feeling he might have had.
couple months until i'm out of school, just hope i don't end up falling back on those ways.

What was his end game with this sudden proclamation

It's the most realistic ending I have ever seen on an anime. No black and white endings but a honest gray where he isn't as fucked as before but he will never get her shit together to do great things. Like all of us

He unironically got caught on a pyramid scheme like in the book/series
kek

You can get your shit together and do something "great" anytime. This way of thinking just shows your lack of discipline. Determination is only the first step.

But it's real. Not everyone get's their shit together. Not everyone is determined. Anyone can do it, sure, I agree with you, but not everyone does it.
After all, Sato is an average hiki who happened to have an uncommon adventure.

Of course, that's just the way life is. Discipline is what separates those who get up and those who stay down. You and I have water, food and the internet. We can get up much easier than other people.

>renowned

>known or talked about by many people; famous.

I guess I should finally watch this considering I just turned 22 and am in the same situation.

Because they think Sup Forums is their blog

what do people who have been NEETs for 10 years even spend all their time doing?

I liked the manga ending more, past the demolition scene of course.