Blame! Manga Creator Tsutomu Nihei, Polygon Pictures Establish Joint Venture

>named TOA Heavy Industries
So the future beings.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-05/blame-manga-creator-tsutomu-nihei-polygon-pictures-establish-joint-venture/.128543

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y5TOkFvcQmg
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DekFFCE5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>The new company will aim to go beyond screen projects and expand into other fields, with planning for original projects in games, goods, and industrial product design underway. It will also be engaged in supervising works and rights management.
mite b cool I guess

What about dildos?

>Puts his daughter on the production committee

>planning for original projects in games, goods, and industrial product design underway
Blame! game?

I'd fucking love to see an industrial design division led by Nihei.
Out of everything, I probably enjoy stuff like the little design work he puts into dumb shit like clothing, clutter, doors, pipes, and shit like that.

Cool.

I'm not sure what to think of this.

Will they produce space ships and mega structures?

Isn't his daughter a kid?

>open world the size of the solar system

Never forget what he did to sidonia

>Polygon Pictures and Japanese publisher Kodansha previously established a new joint venture company called Kodansha VR Lab last October.
If we get a Blame! VR game I can die a happy man.

He had best girl win?

I know right. What could be more compelling than wasting every ounce of potential a character has by dumbing her down into stale waifubait that has literally no growth or development

Who?

He did something unprofessional by letting his dumbass daughter's opinion kill his motivation?

What?

Couldn't get into Blame!'s manga or anime for that matter (at least one of the movies) is it more than just a generic zombie action flick?

Tsumugi? You know the giant penis monster that he somehow managed to turn into a boring character?

The whole manga turned boring after Teruru's introduction, Nihei even stopped inking space panels.

Obviously the people of Sidonia weren't gonna let a penis gauna take a more prominent political role, she became what she had room to be. Besides, I always considered her more of a joke than anything else.

She doesn't have to take a political role but she should do SOMETHING. Have some sort of reaction to anything happening. She didn't even fucking say anything when her father died.

I thought polygon pictures was a nihei exclusive studio already.

uhh, yeah

Manga is really good. It requires certain commitment but rewards you in the end. I truly am sad it isn't more popular, there is a solid story, interesting characters and the world itself is something out of your wildest imaginations.

>"Polygon Pictures has previously adapted Nihei's Knights of Sidonia and Blame! manga into 3DCG anime films and series."
..films. So is there going to be more Blame! movies? They said something about a sequel but I haven't heard anything since. I wanna have more Blame but not that AU stuff. I wanna see original story in an animated form.

So, Sidonia S3 confirmed?

Would only watch if they promise to not turn the vice-captain of my heart into a manly dude.

I don't care. Nihei End is good end.

Only if they do an anime original ending, please. I don't want Benijiro to end up as nothing but a replacement body for the space penis. S2 stopped at the perfect point to go in a different direction.

Wouldn't even have minded if they went down the /u/ route or even if Izana had grown a cute penis. But then Nihei went full retard.

7 feet tall White Haired Female scientist where?

>Izana x Yuhata being teased all series long
>Izana was already on the girl route and wouldn't go back
>so Yuhata helped her out

Someone spoil me ending on kos. Why ppl hate it so much?

Sup Forums has shit taste. You should know that by now.

No one died.

MC ended up with space penis

who cares, he's been killed by moeshit

Every time.

I love it when fictional brands makes it into real life somehow.

Moe isn't the reason why his art and story have gone to shit. Especially when his most moe characters are still in his older works

...now that is weird. I'm wordless. But hey at least it isn't generic!

>industrial design by nihei
Nice

>shipperfags bitching about Nihei not giving a shit about ships

No he's making Blame! real

Cool, more gantz

When I remember what the fuck happend at the end of Sidonia when best girl turned into a guy instead a girl who just become girl and always acted like dude my brain just gives up

>meanwhile no one's even scanning aposims since its style is just atrocious
nihei was going downhill since blame.

Explain.

pic

>talking shit about Blame

Why do people take a single tweet Nihei made about a silly thing his daughter said as the driving motivation behind every decision he's made in his manga from then on?

>More 3DCG bullshit
Can we not ruin more of Nihei's work?

what a cute girl(later boy)

>what is joke
you are the joke

So what we’re getting are cheap, Taiwanese-made Tōa Heavy Industries goods?

>Playford jackets

please make a BLAME anime, 99 episode at least

Yes YES

>Why do people take a single tweet Nihei made
That tweet is simply the most commonly cited example of Nihei making similar statements. Would you like a few more?

>When I finished Blame, my parents and friends told me they didn't understand anything. So I tried to make something simpler with Biomega. When I showed them they said they didn't understand anything again. So I made Sidonia, and when I showed them they said "yeah, it's a bit more clear, but I didn't really understand well".
>... looking back at it now, I was still missing the mark. I’d never created a plot before — I was making it up as I went along, which is why people say my work is difficult to follow. So after about ten years of that, I decided to try doing a normal manga for once – change up my art style, try to make as user-friendly a manga as possible. Knights of Sidonia is one of the results of that.
>Yeah, I wanted the art to have a Tezuka-level mass appeal. (laugh) I even considered changing my pen name when I was starting Knights of Sidonia. I wanted the story to be simple, too – nothing that would lose the reader.

Oh yes please

i'm not talking shit about blame. blame IS the best manga in manga histiory, objectively. i'm saying that aposims to blame is 2 orders of magnitude worse than nu-berserk to berserk. it's garbage and nihey was steadily going in direction of this garbage for last 10 years. sidonia was bed enough already, but at the very least it had the moe tentacle monster. aposims, hovewer, is just shit.

Jesus fucking christ I hate everything about this apart from Izana and Yuhata hooking up. Even that has to be ruined by Yuhata growing a dick.

Hopefully he'll take a break from doing manga and will focus on cool architecture and level design for a bit.

One can always hope. But after Nihei went full George Lucas risks are there also.

I think it could translate pretty nicely into a film adaptation, in the right hands. Del Toro who just won the Oscars once mentioned that he thinks Blame would be a nice movie to do.

and polygon are just shit on all fronts. like, pic related was the only good moment in blame movie. A SINGLE FUCKING FRAME. and even then this is not sanakan the exterminator fanservice, this is the detective sanakan, perhaps. everything else was just dogshit- safeguard looked like retard clowns, matter conversion towers and megastructure went from biomechanical horror to babby's first cyberpunk(b-but the normies won't get it!!) , sanakan's mechanical design is atrocious, they shit all over the story, cibo was ugly as fuck, gbe didn't work like it actually does in manga(apparently gbe is just a huge laser now. b-but the normies!), pacing and action scenes were horribad and essentially stock shonen battle anime scenes.

i would literally prefer it if they didn't make the movie at all. and you know the worst part of it? nihei approved all those changes.

>meanwhile no one's even scanning aposims since its style is just atrocious
More like because it's licensed and we get digital scans.

I wish there was a cure for autism, so I would never have to read posts like this.

if you think nu-blame is any good you're either a sidonia pleb who learned about nihei during his summer break, or a moron without any taste; either way your opinion counts for nothing.

He spent the majority of his professional life doing exactly what he wanted and now he wants to do something that the people he cares about can also enjoy. 0w0 astounding?!?

>cibo was ugly as fuck
delete this right now

Being a true fan always calls for some level of autism. I feel the same he does.

I comfort myself with the fact movie is AU and thus does not make changes to the original concept. I still dislike Cibo's round generic animuface in it and how Killy looks like he's from some asian boyband. completely different from manga.

>0w0 astounding?!?
Go back to wherever you came from. You should know better.

>and now he wants to do something that the people he cares about can also enjoy
Okay. That doesn't make it good.

We were talking about the manga, you mouthbreather.

I never watched the Blame film, I'm just saying your autism is unbearable.

This. Past the fact that I still like seeing my favorite manga's drawings in somewhat beautiful 3D and actually animated (somewhat.. actually the visuals were barely passable for a movie, but they nailed the character design at least) it was such a fucking garbage movie and didn't get the manga's appeal at all.

> cibo was ugly as fuck
That's just wrong though.

>99 episodes
>1 episode is just a still frame of Killy on an elevator

>endless eight of Killy walking through a room

It is Nehei's theme. Always be.

So NaissanceE?

cibo in the movie is just fucking awful. they fucking ruined her the most.

the way we meet her in the manga is genius, it's literally the best character introduction of all time. killy meets another creepy mutant, who's SURE to fuck him over, killy gets into trouble like never before and bam! "i came to resque you, killy!", that's an amazing fucking moment, because cibo is the first real character in that world, which makes her that more important. we attach to her immediately and she feels like she belongs there in the next volume.

cibo in the movie is literally the exposition robot. that's all she is, she's emotionles and she spouts exposition. and her ugly fucking redesign only a true pleb can like.

what I mean moe is your typical moe
his older works aren't like moe these days, let's say sanakan for instance, it resembles misaki from nhk, which is good, compared to his newer works that is no different than moe these days

I get it, but she's not ugly at all.
You also can't really talk about redesign when she and the rest of Nihei's art completely change from one volume to the next.
I hated the movie as well but you're going way overboard here.

Transhumanism and turning a cute girl into a man in the last chapter, without any previous hint about it are different things. The latter is just Nihei trying too hard to make cheap twists.

>without any previous hint about it

that lifeless robot isn't cibo.
>people who give a fuck about the tranny
izanafags honestly were the worst, just sissy boys who came to sidona after the anime. remember them seriously gloating that izana will win nagatobowl because tsumugi isn't a regular human girl? poor creatures, lol. izana was literally an industrial-grade moeblob added specifically for the normies.

YES! WANT!

>Polygon Pictures
no, fuck that studio

>anime original
>Polygon picture
the ending will the worse than the manga

youtube.com/watch?v=y5TOkFvcQmg
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DekFFCE5c

Reading Blame! was something else, specially with such music

>He did something unprofessional by letting his dumbass daughter's opinion kill his motivation?
no, he was too busy with other project and want to stop the manga quickly.

He was making action figure, designing video charactor and working on Blame movie

Izana is literally the only good character in this manga

Best jacket

>izanafags honestly were the worst, just sissy boys who came to sidona after the anime. remember them seriously gloating that izana will win nagatobowl because tsumugi isn't a regular human girl?

I remember a couple of them acting crazy obsessed about it and ruining all threads with 3 DAYS shitposting until the ending came out and it turned irrelevant while they were left to drown in their tears and piss.

It's gonna cost like something from ACRONYM

this

Did Izana do anything aside from lusting for Nagate's dick?

Izana works her ass off through the entire manga to get to where she is at the end.

>tranny
>normies
>can't capitalize
>shit taste