130 episodes and the series is still only about Goku

>130 episodes and the series is still only about Goku
where did it all go wrong?

Because goku is the protag?

Vegeta got bodied during the Buu arc too, he did his part, now Goku's left to finish it all.

Dragonball was always better when it focused on smaller characters and they got their chance to shine.

You know what
Looking back DBZ was literally all about Krillin and Gohan outsmarting villains that were 1000x stronger than them until either Vegeta, Goku, or Piccolo came to back them up

I think the better question is how did Dragon Ball develop the most insufferable fanbase ever?

That's every fanbase ever

DBS is basically Goku going through a mid-life crisis.

The series actually tried making it about other characters. They are not as popular. Get over it faggot.

Episode 1 of Dragon Ball

Because it is the most popular anime which means it has the largest fanbase and the larger a fanbase is the shittier it gets.

LIGHTNING PLASMA!

dg is popular enough that it doesn't have a "fanbase". everyone that has a penis and was born after 1970 have watched some dragon ball at some point. unless you mean the autistic pedros

That's why the Namek arc was so good, everyone got their moments

are the japs retarded Sup Forums?

what is this?

their official popularity poll.

Because everyone else is too weak and Vegeta gets his ass beat for a living despite his fans always going "No no, He'll surpass Goku this time guys, I swear! It's his time now!"
Z, GT, Super, regardless of series Vegeta is a fucking failure through and through

i can't belive there is people who love Mr.Boo

vegeta is the most popular character and the one they keep one peg beneath the karot so he remains relatable. he's the only one that has actually had character development within the series, or at least in the manga where he isn't a complete autist

DBZ use to be cool.

Was Toriyama trying to build up to something with Super Saiya-jin? I was rereading the Freeza arc and when Goku goes Super Saiya-jin for the first time, he gets the same speech bubbles as the villain, with a lot of sharp angles, never noticed it before.
And right after that, Goku starts talking a whole lot of shit about what a Super Saiya-jin is despite not knowing anything about Saiya-jins.

>nips like jobcha, walking trope, and boring monster more than Whis, Buu, and Cell
Trash

Paragus is number one.
I'm pretty sure Mr. Ningen Destroyer was pretty high last time I checked though, he's his own meme in the broly parody thing.

vegeta is number one, paragus is 11

hey Sup Forums I just realised the similarity between DB and Digimon in terms of transformations/digivolutions

(somebody make a chart since i cant photoshop lol)

Baby 1-Baby Goku
Baby 2-Goku(King Piccolo Saga)
Child-Super Saiyan 1 Goku
Champion-Super Saiyan 2 Goku
Ultimate-Super Saiyan 3 Goku
Mega-SSG Goku
(Special Stages)
Burst Mode-SSGB Goku with Kaiokenx20)
Ultra-MUI Goku

come on Sup Forums be creative and make some memes with this.

This.
Even Toriyama knows that.

This, which is why Gohan became king bad ass and completely eclipsed Goku in terms of popularity in the Cell saga. It was an amazing organic passing of the Torch moment.

If piccolo had died in stead of 16, like toriyama wanted, and Goku had died to stop Cells suicide attack, I could see Gohan becoming a real hero and ending the series on a heartbreaking but hopeful and amazing end.

DBZ was litterally an ensemble cast.
Then Toriyama POURPOSELY tanked Gohan's popularity with the horrifyingly bad Saiyaman thing and the GOTEN AND TRUNKS AM SSJ thing.
Actually I get the feeling that his editor at the time talked him into making that shitty saiyaman thing along with videl.
Why?
Because Toriyama rather passively agressively had Vegeta say something akin too "It's a super saiyajin bargain sale" when trunks casually went SSJ1 for the first time.

I would have been glad if Goten and Kid Trunks couldn't go SSJ unless they fused and had a powerlevel that topped out in the high thousands. It would have kept things under control and made any adventures they had more believable.

>Bardock is number 2

Based.

>8 movies and the series is still only about Harry.
where did it all go wrong?