After watching Yuri on Ice a year ago, I've yet to watch anything new past the first few episodes...

After watching Yuri on Ice a year ago, I've yet to watch anything new past the first few episodes. It all seems so safe by comparison, so calculated. Nothing else can compare to the raw emotion and contemplation that Yamamoto Sayo puts into her work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R9Tcw-_SrcA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I watch seasonal anime but nothing so far could top YOI, I'm still too emotionally invested in it.

>ey luk guiz is gud becuz gay xd

Lurk more, faggot

>ey luk guyz gib me atention

I'll fall for this just for you user because I love that your favorites are shitty and can't amount to anything good.

The Ikuhara and MAPPA anime just got an announcement trailer. YOI movie news when? ;_;

>The Ikuhara and MAPPA anime just got an announcement trailer
I just saw that, wow. It'll be out in 2019, so I seriously hope the MAPPA is gonna use the remaining months of this year to complete and release the YOI movie.

I hope so, though this year they've still got to work on Banana Fish (and whatever else that I don't remember).

I like YoI and all, but Crybaby was much better.

So far they're working only on BF which will be 2 cour, so I'm quite optimistic. I'm not concerned about BF, as it's been said many times now they have a new studio and more animators.

I liked Yoi but objectively it's just a 7/10, there's plenty of better things to watch.

And YOI isn't calculated?

YOI is far from being perfect, but I loved (and still love) it anyway.

Just how much of a gay series is YOI? Is there something in it that homophobic straight men can enjoy as well? Is it like Heartstone for example, where the coming of age element is very well done and it isn't just a film about a gay kid, but also a well done family drama? I mean this film: youtube.com/watch?v=R9Tcw-_SrcA

I don't like yaoi/BL shit, but I like figure skating, so I'm wondering just how disgusting (or not) Yuri on Ice is.

YOI is not what you think. It's not drama, and it doesn't explore gay themes. Figure skating takes up 90% of the space. You don't see Yuuri and Victor acting explicitly gay, discussing about their romantic feelings etc. In a way it's just taken for granted, you see them getting very close and intimate and that's when you realize there must be something going on between them.

Aside from the gay shit YoI was also very formulaic

Cool. I'll give it a try then.

>You don't see Yuuri and Victor acting explicitly gay
This has to be bait.

Fuck. Who's lying here? Don't troll me please.

Well it's not BL tier explicit, is probably what that user meant.

Not really. The kiss is obscured, the engagement covered with metaphors.

Many straight guys enjoyed it, stop being insecure and watch it. 3 episode rule or GTFO.

>The first thing that comes to the mind of the related protagonist Eros is Katsudon

>insecure
Don't meme at me with this shit please.

Not that user but they've got a point. No need to be so wary, just check out the first few episodes and see.

They have no excuse to not show a kiss

And NGE is much better than both those shows. What's your fucking point?

This kiss looks so fucking awful though, there's something wrong with how it's animated but I don't know what
But yeah Otsuka can't chicken out again, I want to see glorious kiss in the movie

Have no idea what this is but based on the animation in looks like an OVA or movie.

The point OP said there were no good new shows after YoI. NGE is not new

Based Yamamoto.

But this is a movie.....

It's from a movie and from one of the character's dream, so it didnt really happen.

Kino, you mean.

That dude must be gay though
I was talking about the YOI movie, who knows if they'll show a kiss like that