Sasuke vs Deidara

>Sasuke is out of chakra and can't move
>manages to summon monda
>puts him under a genjutsu
>gets into his mouth
>desummoms him over 10km away
>all in the span of a few seconds
Was this the biggest asspull in anime history? Why doesn't this get more hate then O MY RUBBER NEN?

It got plenty of hate back in the day. Hisoka's asspull is just more recent.

>I become GETSUGA
Oy

merely one in a long list of fuckups that was the series.

Why didnt Edo tensei deidara just continually nuke everyone to win the war?
oh right, cause kishi cant write for shit

>Hisoka's asspull is just more recent.
is not really an asspull

I can tell you're just watching shippuden now and just barely finished this episode, because let me tell you, shippuden has WAAYYY more worse and horrendous asspulls then just that, it's a great shonen and gets a lot of unwarranted hate, but just wait, the asspulls get even worse. The biggest asspull of the series was the "plot twist" at the end with zetsu, I won't spoil it for you but you'll know what the fuck i'm talking about when you get to it. Ruined the entire show.

Sasuke had already said that he had another plan in case that lightning didn't defuse Deidara's bombs and he still had some chakra left if he could mock Deidara by turning off his sharingan.

The way the whole thing was presented in order to have some cheap drama about whether or not Sasuke was dead was really bad and makes it all look like he summoned the snek in less than a second.

don't remind me. Also the series started to be shit after their fight

>Nen can persist after death if the user has a grudge or strongs feelings of some sort.(See that jar who had a little bit of nen becuase the artist put his all in his work, Pito using Terpsycora after being killed by Gon-san thanks to his desire of protecting the king, Sun and Moon can still be used by Chrollo because the elders gurdge againts the people outside meteor city)
And the comes Hisoka who is like
>Oh geez i'm gonna die, better put this piece of magical gum in my heart and pray for the best
It was an aspull, an insulting one on top of that

>makes it all look like he summoned the snek in less than a second.
He actually did though. He had the idea in mind before, but it doesn't change much.

Yeah black zetsu didn't ruin the show, Kaguya ruined the show but black zetsu was a method of getting the ayy lmao into the show, also because madara was too OP and kishi even said he couldn't think of a way to kill him.

Here's a list of just some fucked off asspulls off the top of my head:
>double sharingan kakashi
>susano kakashi
>izanami
>no eye madara vs tailed beast
>naruto vs kakazu
>sakura 1v1ing sasori near the end of the fight
>guy not dying
>tsunade's chakra
>tobi surviving 100 billion paper bombs
>uchihas in general

It was

Don't forget he used a SPACE TIME JUTSU which Kakashi pretended it was normal business but literally never came up again until Kaguya, who also came up from complete nowhere.

oh I almost forgot, one of the biggest asspulls...
>Hiruzen soloing orchimaru, hashirama, and tobirama in a closed barrier

It's BnHAfags. HxH gets held up as being better than most shonen, including BnHA, and missing the point of why OH MY RUBBER NEN is meant to prove that this isn't the case.

Shippuden is much maligned as a shark jumping point even amongst Naruto fans.

Just because nen in general is a box where the author can pull out anything he wants, doesn’t make it less than an asspull, especially when there’s almost zero build up to that moment where he just decided to use the “lingering after death” property. The activation condition for that property itself is so vague, that his “meh I guess I’ll die” can even be considered a strong attachment to life

t.Huntard still trying to prove they’re not the cancer of shonen even though they spout shit like
> HxH gets held up as being better than most shonen
In every fucking thread

Seriously the zombies were so fucking dumb.

Immortal and have infinite chakra pulled from... nowhere, why were they not just suicide-bombing the ninja alliance with their ultimate techniques over and over again?

>kishi even said he couldn't think of a way to kill him.
Maybe then Kishi should have NOT handed Madara powerup after powerup for no reason?

>he actually liked Deidara
Worst Akatsuki

Don't forget he also later summons another snake, which you'd think wouldn't listen to him after Lands died cursing him. But this fucker never faces any consequences for his action.
Imagine if Naruto had killed Gamabunta and then had the balls to ask for help from the frogs after that.

>uchihas in general
Uchiha are alot like super saiyans.

Rainbow hair dye or doodling different patterns on their eyeballs with permanent marker for a powerup, its all the same.

>Sasuke
>consequences

"HxH gets held up as being better than most shonen" isn't an opinion about the quality of the series. It's a fact about it's popularity that you confront whenever you run into those "HxHtards" that make you so salty.

Try again. In English this time.

Don't be a twit.

hey, obito was a cool guy

Obito was a scumbag that should have stayed dead as a child.

>extinct, evil overpowered race whose survivors make everyone else irrelevant

They're the saiyans of Naruto in the worst way possible.

my bad, obito was the COOLEST GUY

But why? That was what made him fun

>That was what made him fun

I can never tell if Madara fans like him because "it's so bad it's good."

user, it's been over 10 years. You have to stop doing this to yourself, it's time to let go.

Because there are more meme-addicted shitposters nowadays. Yes, this Sasuke moment is a much bigger asspull. But there weren't as many ironic weebs on Sup Forums waiting for the next possible opportunity to spam an obnoxious meme back then.

It wasn't an asspull by definition since everything needed for that to happen had already been established. It was just a poorly executed scene on Togashi's part that had a meme translation that made it even easier to mock.

People expected more from Togashi I guess, but this was definitely the worse asspull.
Personally I'm still mad, Deidara was too cool to die like this. Fuck the Uchiha in general.

I love speedreaders.

there's a lot of things in anime that should get more outcries but doesnt

I have to speedread HxH because after waiting 6 months for 1 chapter to come out, I can't afford any time to actually read it. I have to get back to waiting for the next chapter!

I feel you there, user. I really do. But even so, it's fun to remind most of these idiots that O MY RUBBER NEN is just a meme.
Honestly, it's one of my favourite moments in the series for how fucking insane it was, and all the memeing around it just made it all the more memorable and bombastic even months after it happened.

The really frustrating thing about double mengekyo Kakashi was that there was an immediate way to achieve it with no asspull in the same chapter.

>Obito's dying
>"Quick Naruto, take my eyes to Kakashi, he'll make better use of them alive than I will dead"
or
>"Kakashi come over here, I've got another gift for you, since you'll be Hokage after the war".
Instead we got weird Kamui dimension soul power transference after he died, because Kamui is a broken ability.

But double MS Kakashi was an unstoppable beast, easily the most broken set of abilities in the war. And it would have made him a Hokage to rank above everyone bar Hashirama strength wise.

Instead we got no MS Kakashi who's still a beast in terms of skill, and arsenal, brains, and (for some reason during and post war) stamina, but he doesn't really have a "thing" anymore, and not a lot of sheer destructive potential.

Arguably great for a peacetime leader, but the autist in me would have liked him to be OP as fuck just because he's probably my favourite character, at least top 5.

>not rereading it during the hiatuses
We literally had a full year between the hiatus two years ago and over half a year for the one after that and you can't find time to read any of it during that down time?

Because it happened 11 fucking years ago.

What empirical evidence does anyone have that Sasuke was actually out of Chakra? Don't fucking quote Deidara. Just because he said "from the looks of it, you're about out of chakra too" doesn't mean it's true. What IS true is that the Uchiha are biologically inclined to have greater stamina and chakra in order to wield Sharingan, and Sasuke was noted by Kakashi to have a lot of his own Chakra just like Naruto does. There was also another fight in which one character comments on the opponent being out of chakra, but he opponent counters with a jutsu then says "looks like I'm not out after all".

>why were they not just suicide-bombing the ninja alliance with their ultimate techniques over and over again?
That's exactly what most of them were doing though, and why it took like 100 people to fight each reanimated legendary shinobi. But the whole plan was infinite tsukoyomi and returning everyone's chakra to the divine tree. The plan wouldn't work if everyone was dead.

>Hisoka uses nen after death ignoring the required conditions to do so
>Not an asspull
Ok user

>What empirical evidence does anyone have that Sasuke was actually out of Chakra?
He was out of breath

That's the only thing that bothered me about this. It would have made more sense for Sasuke to do a reverse summoning back to Manda's original home, then warp himself back from there.

And? Couldn't that have just been a farce? Hell it was stated over and over that "a shinobi sees through deception". I feel like this fight's conclusion is just a scapegoat for people to talk about asspulls. I noticed nobody complains about things like, why didn't Orochimaru go after the rinnegan when those eyes would have made him so much stronger than anyone with sharingan?

>Hisoka uses nen after death ignoring the required conditions to do so
It doesn't but you're free to try and prove otherwise. Like I said, the scene was not properly set up to show how serious Hisoka was but he's already been stated to have boundless self confidence that he's the strongest person alive It's not hard to see why he could enforce a post-mortem nen condition; but Togashi didn't execute it in a way that worked for some.

>the required conditions to do so

[Citation needed]

>why didn't Orochimaru go after the rinnegan when those eyes would have made him so much stronger than anyone with sharingan?
Pain is a LOT more powerful than him. That's also the reason he didn't try going after Itachi again and switched to Sasuke instead, the weakest of them all.

>It doesn't but you're free to try and prove otherwise.
I already did in my first post here

He is but I feel like he could have gone after young Nagato.

>I already did in my first post here
>Guy is self stated to think he's the strongest in the world
>not having a strong will
Something doesn't add up user. Maybe you can just agree that the presentation wasn't to your liking, but Hisoka already possessed all the things he needed to pull it off.

That's where we agree, but that doesn't make the moment an asspull it just makes it poorly written.

>is not really an asspull
It really is. You can't just revive people by pumping their hearts way after their brain should have died off without any oxygen.

>h-he was merely pretending!
Sasuke pls

I mean everyone assumes he was out of chakra for no reason. Nothing to go off of except he looked tired? Come on.

I can't believe Naruto STILL has people shilling for it

I can't believe you can't properly refute my counter

Headless pitou thinks the opposite

it wasnt an asspull, it was a copout

And people literally stating he's out of chakra? If he was faking it as you say, himself or someone else would have surely mentioned it after the fight.

It wasn't an asspull because Sasuke was the reincarnation of a god.

Sasuke turned off the Sharingan, because he didn't want to come off like an asshole.

You can't fathom that every little detail needs to be explained? I get that this is how Naruto normally does it but because nobody was there to observe the fight besides Deidara and Sasuke who else would have commented on it?

Not really an asspull, more of a retcon/inconsistency. In part 1 Hiruzen is the 'God of Shinobi' but in Shippuden Hashirama is referred to by that title. Really dumb on Kishi's part

Im pretty sure that those edo tenseis were not as good back then. Orochinaru even says that the new reanimated hokage are better and stronger than before.

Huh? The Great Snake Escape gets a lot of hate. O MY RUBBER NEN is just more of a meme.

orochimaru was just toying with him. he didn't really want to win

I don't know how it happened because the repetitive meme-ing in those threads annoyed me more than I can express, but somehow I'm feeling fondly nostalgic seeing that. It clearly wasn't an asspull though, just like the intoduction of Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu OH MY RUBBER NEN leans on preestablished concepts and skillusage neither is by any means a dumb plotdevice that came out of nowhere.
>Hisoka goes on an assblasted murder spree after he revives
>before complaining how his fight with Chrollo was nothing like he imagined it would be
It's clear Hisoka had a strong resentment before dieing, that he had doesn't make his revival less of an asspull, but it's really silly to say that Hisoka wasn't buttmad.

Pitou herself couldn't revive the dead and probably didn't think it possible. (Though Cammy does something similar.) Pitou's corpse was animated by Pitou's ability to animate corpses. Her beheaded corpse, I'm sure, thought little and less.

>Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu
I read Naruto and this still reads like some dark incantation or something.

That was reanimation through puppetry not Resurrection.

It was the last good fight in the series except for that final moment.

The final Naruto vs Sasuke fight was good, even if what led up to it was bad.

>Sasuke is out of chakra
Wasn't that only according to Deidara who dropped the idea a few panels later?