Is there a reason for why the newer chapters of Berserk look like this...

Is there a reason for why the newer chapters of Berserk look like this? I can barely make out what's going on in this image because everything is too "light" if that makes any sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

readberserk.com/chapter/berserk-chapter-339/
mega.nz/#F!wPxlyKzS!H9REwVV28Sxv-E6BGvGXcg
evil-genius.us/category/manga/berserk/page/3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seems Ging-san ran into a pack of niggers

What kind of shithole are you reading this at? Seems like an extremely poor digital scan.

sometimes miura overkills with the hatching. I know it's supposed to be sunset but it starts to look like some abstract art with all those little lines

That's just a botched scan with sharpen filtering. Evil Genius does this to all their scans and their sharpen filters used to be more aggressive in the past and their sources lower quality.
These days they use higher quality sources and use a bit less sharpening, but they still rape the scans with this cancer.
Which is why Dark Horse is superior, even if it takes longer for it to come out.
Evil Genius is only good for when you want to read the new chapters ASAP, but for archival purposes you want the official Dark Horse releases.

In all fairness to OP even in the dark horse version the cross harching plus the texture underneath makes somethings blend

readberserk.com/chapter/berserk-chapter-339/

Is there a better place to read Berserk?

Download Berserk Dark Horse torrent from BakaBT, has volumes 1-37, then grab Volume 38 online, 39 isn't out yet so you'll need to read Evil Genius on NiggerStream (MangaStream) for that.

It looks better from afar or as a small image. The details are overkill but the silhouettes really pop out.

mega.nz/#F!wPxlyKzS!H9REwVV28Sxv-E6BGvGXcg
Dark Horse 1-38 (so up to and including Chapter 342)

Volume 39 (still ongoing, starting with Chapter 343) scans by Evil Genius:
evil-genius.us/category/manga/berserk/page/3/

I love Miura's cross-hatching. It gives the art an old-world nostalgic feel. Like an old political cartoon.

His art looks like ass now, glad I dropped Berserk when they boarded the ship.

Blame Mangastream's shitty scans.

>1600x repack
That's also a downscaled repack, original volume was 800mb. I had to crop this shit to fit it into 4mb without compressing.
Shadow pattern on this page looks bad regardless of resolution though.
EG looks okay for mag scans, but pretty low res for something like Berserk.

Anyone have that gif of guts walking fucked up in the new anime? Where his lower half redrawn.

Digital will always look worse since scans introduce extra shimmer in form of all the scan dot patterns in any area that isn't pure white.
Paper wins for artwork, always.

This post is ridiculously misinformed.

t. pleb that doesn't know how scanners and printers work

You do know that all scanlations get processed right? it's not just the direct picture as it was scanned?

Stop saying retarded shit my man.

Not all scanlations go full blown SHARPEN FILTER 200% cancer like Evil Derpnius

If you define digital by being scanned then everything is digital, unless you are looking at physical copy. The only reason

He's right, printing dpi in manga is much lower than scanning dpi of any decent scanlation, it has nothing to do with that.
Besides artists scan and print their own work very often in the process of drawing. At highres here the pattern of the shadow is done in clipstudio or whatever Miura uses, while thick lines are clearly drawn with brushes.
Mag scan in op might look better to you because it's smaller and has the familiar printing pattern, but on the other hand you lose on fine detail you can see in digital highres.