Why isn't Misato considered part of the Rei and Asuka debate?

Why isn't Misato considered part of the Rei and Asuka debate?

Old hag.

Because she's the one who immediately ends the debate since she's objectively the best.

Is she a happy or mean drunk?

not all of us have mommy issues

She's a sad drunk.

She'd win by default, unless you're a pedo or 14.

Was Misato fucking the glasses guy or not?

Why is sexuality such an important part of Misato's character when she only had sex with Kaji?

Do people consider Asuka best girl mainly because of what happened at the end of EoE?

Because she is a slob who uses her sexuality to manipulate people and gratify her own needs. She is arguably more psychotic than Asuka. The only woman in Eva, whose characterization has any depth, adapted to live as a moderately functional adult is Ritsuko and that's just because she represses all of her emotions. This works reasonably well until she feels betrayed and breaks down.

No. Makoto always had an unrequited love for Misato. Misato was aware but only saw him as a friend.

>Why is sexuality such an important part of Misato's character when she only had sex with Kaji?
She purposefully became a figure for shinji who could both be a sexual interest and a mother figure.

What was Ritsuko and Kaji's relationship? Why did Kaji give her the heart necklace during the scene at the bar after the wedding? Were they talking about Misato or something else?

People don't understand that Asuka, Rei, and Misato stand as a trinity of exaggerations of harem/romance tropes.

Asuka is the tsundere, except she doesn't half a soft side, not for Shinji anyways, and even if she is attracted to him in some way, she genuinely hates him.

Rei is the Kuudere. Seemingly soft, gentle, and emotionless, but instead of it being a cover for shyness or insecurity, she genuinely has no agency and barely any humanity.

Misato is the cool Onee-san/Christmas cake. She is cool, funny, attractive (canonically in universe), and cares for Shinji, but she doesn't view him in a sexual way, and even when she tries to near the end of the series and in EoE, she can't really treat him as anything more than a kid, almost as if he was her little brother or even son.

Shinji rejects all three archetypes, which serves as an example of Anno himself rejecting otaku culture.

That's hot

Men who are into mature women don't feel the need argue about which little girl they want to fuck on the internet.

Your interpretation sucks

Why did she kiss Shinji then? Misato wants to be a mother figure for Shinji but doesn't know how. As a result she tries to be sexually imitate with him to both comfort him and herself. Now that Kaji's dead she doesn't have anyone and so she chooses Shinji as her next sexual partner. I agree with the user above that she's trying to be both a mother figure and a sexual interest.

user-kun i think you need to watch the entire thing again

Because it's the Asuka and Rei debate not the Asuka, Misato and Rei debate

Misato only knows how to truly connect with people of the opposite gender through sex. She also puts up a front to the vast majority of the males she meets. Kaji was basically the only male she let her guard down around until shinji. As she grew closer to shinji, that's when she starts trying to get sexually intimate with him at the end of the series (trying to initiate a sexual encounter while comforting shinji, frenching him in EoE, showing shinji her and Kaji having sex during instrumentality)

because she already won. The debate is for second place.

>no one can agree what happens at the end
>intellectual

pick one, plebs

/thread

My man

That's kind of my point. In EoE, she kissed him because she felt like the only way she can do anything for him was through her sexuality, which is her recurring problem. You can see that she didn't really mean it after the door closes and she talks to Kaiji, who she didn't let go of yet.

The best one

>old used goods
>somehow being on the same playing field

Please no. We've had this argument for more than 20 fucking years.
It's time we stopped.

Probably because most people who watched Eva watched it as teenagers so they were naturally inclined towards Asuka and Rei because they could more easily imagine themselves with them

I think she does mean it. She just can't keep herself from letting Kaji go. Misato is choosing Shinji as her own selfish replacement for Kaji. She begins to see Shinji sexually because of this.

spbp

>Keeps herself pure for the only man she's been with

Not sure how purer you can get

This t.bh.
Watched this show for the first time when I was 20. Felt attracted to Misato from the very beginning. Liked Rei's design too though. Asuka just seemed like an insufferable brat.

Misato forever cemented my love for cakes when I first watched this as a kid.

I guess it's a matter of interpretation, but I always say both of her sexual advancements as fake. I phrased it poorly in my posts, so let me try to dumb down this discussion to a Sup Forums greentext

>Misato has issues connecting with people, conflates sexual intimacy with emotional intimacy
>Kaiji was the only one she truly felt connected to, but even she didn't entirely understand her feelings until it was too late
>She genuinely cares about Shinji and feels a responsibility for him (maybe saying it's a maternal responsibility is a bit of a stretch, but it IS NGE after all)
>She sees that he feels emotionally detached from the world
>She still conflates sexuality and emotion, and thinks she can help him feel better with sex, or even by just making him feel desired, something Shinji never felt (except by Kaworu, who then betrays him)
>Her talking to Kaiji at her final moment isn't regret for cheating on him, but genuinely asking him (or really, herself) if she did the right thing to help Shinji and make him get in the fucking robot
>The reason it doesn't work is because on some level Shinji can feel that it's not genuine, which makes him feel even more used

I think it's clear from the final two episodes of the show that Misato is supposed to be in some sort of love interest trinity with Rei and Asuka, and the reccuring theme between the three is that they don't truly love him.

Did Gendo and SEELE have similar goals in the end? What would have happened if Rei absorbed all of Gendo? How would that have brought him and Yui back together?

Im not too sure, but I know that Gendo was using human instrumentality to connect back with his wife, while SEELE was trying to use it to elevate the human race to a higher form of being.

I think the scene on the bed was not genuine. She felt would have felt nothing and was reaching out because she felt responsible. She decided that she truly wanted to connect with Shinji right before she died. Misato was the one who loved Shinji the most.

She did love him the most, but not sexually.
Remember the context of the elevator scene: Third impact is about the begin, the JSDF are invading, Misato tried getting angry at Shinji, encouraging him, just dragging him, but he remains passive. She is nervous, so starts reverting to her instincts, and her instinctual understanding of emotional issues is that they are solved by sex, so she does the only thing she can think of to help Shinji.

Also, continuing off the whole trinity thing, I think that's why Mari is such a shit character. She doesn't represent anything, either as an anime archetype or as an emotional issue Shinji needs to deal with. She is just a cute girl who barely even serves any plot importance. I guess it goes with the old theory of each rebuild movie being NGE viewed through a different "lens", and 2.0 being viewed through a "regular, watered down action anime" lens. Asuka and Rei both show emotion to Shinji in cliché ways, Misato takes less prominence as a love interest because cakes aren't popular anymore, and is replaced by generic cute girl Mari, and Shinji is an alpha as fuck hero who goes against the odds to save his waifu.

Do we know what Gendou was saying to Ritsuko right before he shot her?

Why is Ritsuko so neglected? She's top tier.

She's crazy

I want to be the cat that helps stave off her loneliness.

misato is way above them

mommy issues

I want Misato to use me as a sexual object

Because there's no point in arguing when the definitive answer is provided

this

Why was there a debate? Rei was a clone of Shinji's mom with the soul of Lilith. What matters is that's still incest.

When Shinji chokes Asuka for the first time in the apartment, was that real? Do we know it's real because there was a shot of the broken coffee pot during the main show?

How did Asuka end up in the hospital at the beginning of EoE?

I guess Rei and Asuka fans just like 14 yo girls.

>How did Asuka end up in the hospital at the beginning of EoE?
Because she tried to kill herself and ended up in a coma.

Of course, 14's prime.

And somehow that's better.

You remember the coffee but not a minute later?

It doesn't matter, Shinji isn't into incest.

He certainly does have daddy issues, though.

Wasn't expecting the second post to be the correct answer. Good work, Sup Forums.

I don't remember dialogue as well as I do visuals.

Ah so that's what prompts Asuka to run away to the class president's house.

>mfw reading this and every other eva thread and she's never mentioned

that's probably because she barely has any lines that aren't technobabble and her defining traits are being a dyke and crying or puking when shit gets violent

Being mindraped by Arael is why shes goes and sleeps at Hikari's in episode 23.
She runs away in episode 24 because she learns of Kaji's death, on top of not being able to pilot the eva anymore, and is found in a bathtub in a ruined house..

because she's used goods and thus the worst choice by default

When Sup Forums gives you hope

When does she try to kill herself and end up in a coma?

Episode 24. After hearing of Kaji's death, she probably tried to kill herself in the bathtub.

She and Hikari are the true best girls.

Correct.
The kids are all the worst. Why the fuck is Sup Forums obsessed with this bad show?

She doesn't fit into the red-blue duality, since her hair is black, just like my skin, therefore she belongs to ME! Screw Shinji, he can keep Kaworu or Asuka for all I care.

It's obviously purple.

Not if I can get to her first!

No debate anymore tbqh, Asuka was confirmed winner user.

>20 years later we still don't understand the main plot of the show

sasuga master Anno

>mfw reading this and every other eva thread and she's never mentioned

actual best girl hands down

She knows that Shinji feels alone and unwanted, and the only way she knows how to make people feel wanted is through her own sexuality. She's not sexually attracted to Shinji. She was just trying to encourage him the only way she knows how. She encourages Shinji sexually but loves him platonically. You can also argue that she also loves Shinji maternally, which goes back to Shinji having an Oedipus complex.

Don't embarrass yourself by using that expression

She feels less human than Rei.

Only one who actually got what she wanted.

don't mind me, just posting best eva girl

To welcome Shinji back home every time he got into the eva?

Everything that happend in NGE was actually part of her plan to immortalise humanity and give Shinji a chance of happiness.

there we go

because its incredibly good and has some of the greatest feels.

SEELE is the Illuminati of EVA's universe. They sought to carry out the Human Instrumentality Project to evolve humanity and rule over mankind as Gods. Gendo aligned with them because he secretly wanted all of that power for himself so he could use the powers of the forbidden union of Adam and Lilith to reunite with Yui.

BEGONE THOT

This, a thousand times this.

>he could use the powers of the forbidden union of Adam and Lilith to reunite with Yui.

How would he reunite with Yui? Isn't Yui in 01?

And then he goes for the gay route and end up killing Kaworu.

BRAVO ANNO

Because there's really nothing to argue about, at worse you can call her a used up whore with daddy issues, which isn't so bad when compared to the plethora of issues that Asuka and Rei have. Between those two girls its more of a contest of who is not as bad, not who is better, and there is no possible case you can make for Asuka being a better person than Misato is.

dude misato is a fucking horrible person

because japan doesn't like cakes

I love Misato but she's a horrible person.

why is she a horrible person?

Misato would sleep with anyone and offered it to Shinji twice. So Japan dosn't consider her "pure" and therefore, not a valid choice.

Of course Rei isn't a valid choice either, but she was Japan's overwhelming favorite. This is mostly why the debate began. Angry Asuka fans who said Asuka was the more valid choice based on the story (including Anno himself).

The whole debate is stupid since every girl is equally flawed and no one wins.

She knew other ways, she was the most empathetic and noblest character all series before. Then again at the end. She's pretty affected by that point, too, she's trying to share a coping mechanism.