When did Overlord become trash?

Who gives two shits about these morons?
Skipped 70% of this episode...

And the shitpost never ends.
Allow me to help you user.

Do they fug?

I know right lets get more hypocritical Ainz in a world where he's an unstoppable god and everything he cares for is just as untouchable so there is no threat whatsoever.

brain is canon gay, but gazef is straight as an arrow

Spin-off of Brain and Climb's awesome adventures when?

>brain is canon gay
Really? You're pulling my leg here.

season 1, episode 3, op.

hope this helps

What are the odds they'll animate the scene where Jircniv and Flunder meet to discuss the appearance of Ainz Ooal Gown

According to overlord wiki:
According to Maruyama's tweets, Brain in the published books was homosexual. In fact, there was the setting where Brain was in love with Gazef, so that’s why he had no women in the bandit cave.

I can't be bothered to look through/translate japanese twitter so it might be fake news but yeah

>Spin-off of Brain and Climb's awesome adventures when?
In about two-three more weeks.

Yeah but it's more like how the greeks were gay

Speedwatching like OP is? One of Ainz's biggest concerns is that his group isn't untouchable.

when the **MAIN** character appears once in a while and so much focus is given to randos AND MAYBE one or two guardians just so people don't forget they're watching Overlord

I don't read the LN so i might be totally off

But it's acceptable in the manga where it looks like the setup for a slightly longer and more complicated arc.

Giving almost a whole season to random characters and nothing going on is total bullshit tho.

It always was.

Pretty much all events of volume 5 ( episodes 6-9) are just a setup that pays off in following volume so expect to see more Nazarick in the next couple of episodes.

MORE IMPORTANTLY

Let's talk about how shitty Davernoch looks, holy shit.

I was pissed off that he got one-punched in the LN and I'm furious he looks like he might as well be a living man with some disfigurements in the anime.

Iguva's a step-down from the LN art too, but at least he actually looks undead.

What the fuck's going on under his collar, anyway? The LN art is also like that.
I got excited when I saw the skeletal Elder Lich building the cabin for Aura and figured they'd solved the issue of crappy flesh liches by just making them bones like they always should have been.

This is the shittiest job I've ever seen anime do of depicting a character. They damn well better fix it in the BD. This is embarrassing. It's a good thing he isn't important at all.

this season of overlord is lacking fucking OVERLORD, I don't really know if you can even make an episode worth of time with all of Ainz appareances on this season. I like the stories but not seeing the main character is frustrating.

>ingame VS cutscene

>they skipped Sebas obliterating the shit out of the thugs
Fuck this shit.

So, is Sebas going to push in the 8 fingers shit in or not yet?

>When did Overlord become trash?

Since the start.

The idea about lich overlord and his minions conquering the world is nice and some of the characters are great.

But it's completely ruined by isekai tropes, MMO shit and all good guys being so ridiculously OP nobody can ever touch them.

Climb's sections are pretty enjoyable in the novels

Anime really doesn't do this series justice

What utter fucking rubbish. They're not even trying anymore.

I love Overlord and their being OP is the point, it's not a traditional action story, but I agree with the rest. I never asked for all this isekai/MMO shit. I just wanted an evil lich story.

>Nazarick
>good guys

>good guys
Dude

Overlord is a pretty good evil lich story after volume 7 (lmao)
It's amusingly ironic how only the worse half of the story gets an anime adaptation

Maybe we could at least get one more season?

>do worse half because you need all the worldbuilding
>people don't like it, no funbux for your team
>can't pay for a third season animating the best half

>Ainz
>The good guy
user, I don't know how to break this for you...

The pleb filter is working a bit too well.

>boring content is a pleb filter
No, Maruyama just can't reign it in when he needs to. It's fine to admit that.

Is she actually going to kill the stuck up maid, or is she just all talk?

Also, a stuck up maid, what a crazy world they live in.

>Army full of level 90 monsters literally stronger than the "gods" of that world

They're pretty untouchable.

Renner is nowhere near as evil as she looks. She just really, really loves Climb, and she's so intelligent that she's become disillusioned. She's not cruel.

The maid was sent to the happy farm.

hey my dog was sent there too

his lifetime achievement is giving a manicure

So that's a no then? How boring.

Was it a brutal trip?

she kills off all the women rescued from the brothel in the off chance they fall for climb since he saved them.

Hime-sama did nothing wrong!

>Has an unbreakable claim on Climb, one of the Kingdom's strongest soldiers
>Also commands Brain (by association with Climb), the only NWer to ever wound a level 100 Guardian
>Combined with Blue Rose in her employ, she's accumulated the greatest military force in the country without even leaving her room
>Basically runs the Empire by proxy since JUST copies all her ideas and pretends they're his
>Possibly the most intelligent being in the NW - Demiurge considers JUST to be a 'merely average' genius despite him being the greatest emperor of all time, yet he and Albedo are impressed enough with Renner to directly court her and attempt to recruit her

So she's going to immediately detect Ainz's true nature and blackmail him with it the second she meets him, right?

yes

That doesn't bode well for Nazarick

No, because that wouldn't gain her anything. Like you said she's hyper-intelligent so she'd know that Ainz could (and would) just kill her. But she'd never even consider going against Ainz. Hell, she's the closest thing Albedo has for a friend.

She deserves to be raped.

Tadaima

Oh lord. If that's true, I feel bad for laughing. But that's just so psychotically evil. They usually don't let females be that evil in Japanese works of fiction. (And the rare times they do, it's almost always portrayed as "not their fault")

>Believing it with no source

I've seen too many wrong wikis to trust them

>Gently lifts Door-kun away and rests it on the wall
>Then brutally slaughters everyone inside to the last man

That's what's happening at the end of the episode. The maid is related to a noble who's in bed with Eight Fingers, and Renner's intentionally leaking the safehouse's location to her knowing it'll invite a retribution squad

Whats up with the princess? She seems to be a bit of an odd girl

edgy/10

Solution contacted Ainz like 3 episodes ago, right?

They still haven't shown Ainz respond?

Shalltear was mind controlled. They're strong, but that doesn't mean they aren't threatened by anything in the new world.

she's just startled

>when did overlord become trash
at the point where they only released new chapters every other month

they go missing during the panic due to bureaucratic mishaps. they either went to the happyfarm or got killed.
dont forget how her plan to stop the demons was straight from zapp brannigans playbook. let these guards get eaten so by the time the demons reach us they will be full.

Man, bet things are going to be pretty awkward with Seb and Slime bitch after this.

Yeah, the arguments have been made from both sides. But at the end of the day, she went behind his back, and tattled on him to his boss. And this is just my take on it, but I think she was more pissed that she was forced to help a human than the fact that he was putting their operation at risk.

Nazarick doesn't stand a chance.

One thing confused me this ep: How aware are the New World characters of the underlying game mechanics of their world? Could they describe their levels? Could they talk about what spells or abilities they'll get when they level up?

Is this rubbish fan fiction?

Players from 500 years ago taught NW people about magic and various other stuff, it makes sense that they'd pick up on some of the game mechanics

>Good guys

Also the MMO shit is light as fuck by comparison to over "MMO" isekai out there

solution gave sebas multiple chances and reminders to come clean to ainz.

But how can a dead maid leak that information?

There was no need to involve Ainz. Sebas made the right call. Ainz only comes and tests Sebas because of Solution's bitching. He WANTs them to develop on their own and become people rather than NPCs as they're his guild's children

It's way different in the LN. Solution isn't angry or anything. It isn't an exaggerated personal affair like it is in the anime.

>good guys

stop it speedreader-kun

This is what all the normies are saying now. Of the first 10 novels, only like 3-4 focus on Ainz? And novels are selling like hotcakes so we know actual fans like Maruyama's approach. The worldbuilding and these stories about different inhabitants of the New World is what makes Overlord as good as a read as it is. Those arcs where he is featured are fun because of how scarce they are. If every arc was about Ainz btfo'ing everyone, the schtick would get old fast, but that's what the isekai brainlets want. An overpowered dude just going around slaying pussy and beating everyone with no effort for them to self-insert themselves into.

the LN have good worldbuilding pace. it simply doesn't translate well on the anime, the low budget rushjob way it's being made doesn't help much either

That just sounds like you're autistic and didn't pick up the cues. It's the exact same in the LN, Solution is clearly angry there too.

Well, to be fair none of the rest of the novels cut out Ainz as much as Vol. 5

But even Sebas himself didn't really feel his own actions were 10/10 either.

MUH.

When do we get ainz back, idc about the npcs

extremely?

Oily?

Starting from next week until the end of the season

It isn't at all. She's clearly upset, but she isn't screaming Sebas down or walking around with a cuntish look on here face; observe the manga for a proper adaption. Hell, in the LN she's very hesitant to even tell Ainz about Sebas' actions, and, when she does, she's very conflicted and even tells Ainz that she might be over thinking things. In the anime she's pissy the entire time and throwing over-exaggerated comical expressions whilst talking about eating Tsuare (it's way more deadpan in the LN/manga), and, when she tells on Sebas, she just straight up declares that he's a traitor. No hesitation. No conflict.

I want her to sit on my face

puffy meme

What did the crate of maid costumes mean?

make the whores cosplay before bathing the shit out of them

iirc it was previously mentioned that some of the royal maids are snitches; now Climb and therefore Renner knows that.

you can tell speedreader in OL threads because due to the wiki being shit, you show how misinformed you are

the awe ainz inspires isn't an intelligent response or an emotional one. it's literally a passive skill that he can turn on and off by will. no matter how smart she is, unless she has some resistance to it due to a talent or item, the passive skill will work on her as well. the NW functions exactly like an mmo, emotions like fear etc can be invoked or suppressed through items and skills

The only threat to ainz and most likely his ultimate rival will be another player. They are simply pacing very slowly at this point, the author even said he had many ideas to drag the story for some 50 chapters if necessary but that it's not really needed.

that's the whole point. the characters are literally a "what if you took some overly dramatic and evul character an edgy teenager designed and made them sentient and extremely powerful". it's even mentioned that demiurge's creator is an edgy kid going through an edgy phase.

If you suspect someone of being a traitor why the fuck would you NOT go behind their back with it?

Her reasons were pretty frivolous, though. But that's absolute obediance for you

>observe the manga for a proper adaption
Stopped reading there

>the characters are literally a "what if you took some overly dramatic and evul character an edgy teenager designed and made them sentient and extremely powerful".
>implying the series is self aware

right up there with "i-it's a deconstruction guys!"

NWers didn't categorize things like that until the first players appeared. that's when the whole talent/magic tiers/skills etc came to be. they can't tell things like levels, that's why they use comparative statements to measure people's strength throughout the LN (he's as strong as x etc). Before the tiered magic they had what's referred to as "wild magic", but that hasn't been touched on much

read the LN

>Hell, she's the closest thing Albedo has for a friend.

Wait, so Albedo has more than two feelings? I thought it was just 1. Undying Love for Ainz and 2. Hate or disinterest in everything else.

Can you point me to the chapter which says Ainz has a skill that provides an aura of awe, particularly when he doesn't seem to be aware of it himself given how much he panics when having to elaborate on his 10,000 year plan?

Rather than detect that Ainz is not as capable as everyone thinks, she would detect that Ainz is not as evil as everyone thinks, mainly because Demiurge and Albedo couldn't even predict Ainz's intentions, lending the notion that he's not after building an empire of corpses as other nations seem to be afraid of.

Instead, she'll likely acknowledge that Ainz could do absolutely anything he desires, or could unleash his followers to do whatever he pleases no matter how impossible they are, but he just couldn't, and wouldn't, for some reason, do that. That being the case, she would likely reason out that he does what he does because of AI YO, something Renner would delightfully agree with since its the same as her relationship with Climb

He has an aura of fear with 5 "tiers" iirc, not an aura of awe.