Are you going to buy dragon maid on bluray Sup Forums?

are you going to buy dragon maid on bluray Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lrINOumUccA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>paying for anime

Lol, agreed

Not if it has "that" english dub.

I used to buy BDs, but the quality of the American releases was trash. I was not happy to find out that I had spent money on a DVD upscale, or that the new Blu-ray was so poorly mastered that the older DVD release was better, or that whatever intern burned all those discs with Windows Movie Maker fucked up so badly that 720p TV rips looked better.

They apparently fuck up English Blu-rays intentionally to discourage nips from importing the cheaper editions they dump here. The grorious nipponese release of Fate/Zero, for example, retailed for 39,900 moonbucks and lacked subtitles, because fuck you. The Haruhi BDs sold for some slightly less ridiculous price, but included only two episodes each, because fuck you, buy endless eight four times.

I don't mind paying for shit, but if I'm going to spend money on something, I expect it to be at least as good as a fucking TV rip, not worse. If you want to buyfag, buy something you can hotglue—the jews in charge of BDs will just rip you off.

>Funimation
>>>>Crunchyroll

Just watch with JP audio.

I might buy it. I did buy the Nichijou release, just to have a physical copy on my shelf.

No. BDs are overpriced, understuffed and unless you import a jp disk then you aren't even "supporting the creators" which is ostensibly the only reason why you would watch them over hi quality rips. Plus they have zero resale.

Maybe if they start on season 2.

I unironically like the dub.

>bought an anime bluray disc once
>at least 3 minutes of unskippable trailers for other anime shows before you even get to the home menu
That alone was enough to turn me off that shit ever again.

>buying anime
These pesky patriarchal societal demands are getting on my nerves.

The pesky patriarchy doesn't want you to buy BDs. Remember not to bow to their demands and get your copy today!

I would, but the pesky patriarchal societal demands sapped all of my BD budget.

you know you can just select "top menu" after pressing whatever the options button on your remote is and it'll take you directly to the home menu right?

Stop, stop, it's already dead!

That's only likely to work on the China special players from WalMart. Other players respect the "fuck you, this is unskippable" flag and don't let you skip.

>you gotta know the cheatcodes to access the content on the thing you bought
Ok, I'll double click the .mpv and keep my money.

it has subs you dorks, who cares if the dub is stupid
I'm talking about on a ps3 and ps4 you nigger, pressing triangle brings up a system menu that overrides blocking the next scene when you press R1 if you select that option
I know this because I do it every time

>navigating through a menu is a cheat code
the absolute state of piratefags

already did
now I forget about it and have a pleasant surprise on my doorstep in two months

Someone triggered the vermin.

>giving into the pesky patriarchal societal demands by watching the unenlightened Jap dub

Yeah, maybe. I should reward studios for pushing complete series releases like this.

Thanks for your money, customer. Remember to enjoy the advertisements you paid for.

Is there any hope the japs will un-jew their BD prices?

>Crunchyroll

Nah, they've explicitly set up the anime industry to cater a specific audience so they can't make it up with volume sales. Once a Japanese businessman has made up his mind, no amount of common sense will change that because it would be dishonorable.

what is wrong with crunchyroll

No, I'm gonna let it flop like Nichijou did ;_;

Why is it green? I thought the Blu ray color was blue.

I didn't take this show that seriously, so I was also able to enjoy the dub. They did change some of the dialogue, but it didn't seem that they changed anything important enough for me to care about that.

>buying flop dragon

It's BD+DVD.

Id rather die than support funimation.

does this garbage seriously not bother you?

No, I don't have shit taste.

Is that the color they use to denote that it's a BD+DVD?

Why would I pay for some fuckwad to insert their shitty politics into an animu dub?

I haven't seen that before, although I'm not an expert on disc cases
I thought it was green cause it matches the logo/box art

Is there commentary for this series? This seems like a fun series for the english VAs to commentate.

I think it's hilarious

why do you care about the dub at all
you know it comes with subs right

I guess.
Did people find more instances of lines changed in such a dramatic matter? It seems that this is the only part that people bring up.

why can't you learn to take a joke

I see nothing's wrong with that.

I though see some others getting very butthurt.

Not in Maid Dragon, I don't think. But Funi in general is a repeat offender.

Why the fuck did they not call it Maidragon? The portmanteau works perfectly in both Japanese and English.

How could they allow this? I was hoping they would change it for the blu-ray release.

I don't need to pay for subs, if I'm going to spend money it needs to be a product worth the cash.

Yes.

that was the most egregious one, although there were others
off the top of my head there was one about cultural appropriation in the first episode and when kobayashi asks to fondle tohru's boobs when they first meet she says
>it's okay to be curious even if society pressures me to say that I'm not
which wasn't in the subs at all

Jokes are supposed to be funny, and we know the left can't meme.

Wait, I just remembered; Kobayashi mentions slut shaming in the first episode. Completely forgot about that

>hurr it comes with subs, it's okay!
Funimation doesn't give a fuck if you watch the dub or the sub, they care about you giving them money so they can keep inserting references to gamer gate in their shitty scripts.

>the absolute state of anime

No. Garbage show.

Oh yeah, I remember laughing at those dumb comments.

is having the full series in your hand not worth anything to you?
what happened to the value of actually owning something?

>phoneposting
>American BDs
No the only anime worth buying are your personal 10/10s on superior Japanese releases.

Streaming is of poor quality in every regard.

Chorogon

I don't care, I just want to own the series
they don't handle the subtitles so it doesn't fucking matter

It's not really the full series when the manga goes farther into the story than what the anime covers.

>they don't handle the subtitles
Do you have a tumor or something?

good thing this is a physical release then and that doesn't matter

it's crunchyroll's subtitles, their logo is on the damn box
if you have any evidence of subtitles ever being changed in the matter the dubs stupidly are please post them

this might be the most retarded thing I've ever read

I'm honored by that comment, but at the same time, I feel like I don't deserve it as much as some other people might. I'll just have to try my hardest from now on to become a person worthy of such praise.

>I don't care, I just want to own the series
I payed exactly $0.00 (Zero point zero zero) USD for all of this

>paying for anime

digital media is a fucking meme and not nearly the same as having a copy of something in your hand

>digital media is a fucking meme
Buying digital media is, sure. Look, the bottom line is if you don't pirate anime, you don't belong on Sup Forums.

The concept of ownership is a bigger meme if you really think about.

did they at least change it for the blu ray release?

where is episode 7

The number 7 makes me uncomfortable in certain circumstances.

won't know until it comes out in two months

>buy Blu-Ray for Love Live Sunshine
>unskippable Your Name ad at the beginning

I wish jap Blu-Rays weren't such a rip off, they don't have this sort of shit, right?

>The Complete Series

They have S2 on there already? Impressive

No, I live paycheck to paycheck as a college student and chipotle manager. While I’d like to support my only hobby, even the slightest breeze at my bank account will break it and my psyche

That's really cheap for the entire series

Wonder if they managed to convince the licence holders they'd make more money selling more copies at a lower price. Normally chinks are all about crucifying their core audience to make up revenue.

>grorious nipponese release of Fate/Zero, for example,

Doesn't it come with an art book?

Only if there is nudity. And even then only if that nudity is of Kanna.

>VLC

No. I thought the dub was funny.

t. funimation

HELLLLL the fuck NO. What is wrong with you?
youtube.com/watch?v=lrINOumUccA

>not paying for anime
>where's my season 2

It was supposed to be a comedy show so it works anyway.

what part of the blurays having both languages with subtitles do you not fucking understand? the ova isn't even dubbed at all
there's nothing funny about blatant agenda pushing, especially when it wasn't in the show at all

I don't support companies that would ever, EVER allow this to happen in the first place. Measures were in place, & multiple people along the line said "yeah that good, let's go with that". I'd rather just buy the japanese blurays. Have some standards.

>buy the japanese bluray
>no subtitles
>two episodes
>same price as the whole series + all the mini specials and the ova
I do have standards you retarded faggot
quit pretending like you're making a difference, funimation isn't going away any time soon no matter what dumb shit they do

sorry i dont buy stupid yuri animes

What about Nanoha?

uhm, ok then.

why

>Blurays
>unskippable bits
I thought this DVD-era shit was fishished. Does pressing the [Menu] button restart the ad too?

Probably. I was trying to fuck with subtitle settings once and somehow it took me out of the show and sent me to to the beginning of the ad again, thanks Funimation

I bought Strike Witches BDs because they were cheap to update my previously DVD collection

the S.A.V.E releases have reversible covers so you don't have to suffer with that ugly giant diarrhea colored bar ruining the cover