Should anime episodes be 48 minutes long like regular tv shows?

Should anime episodes be 48 minutes long like regular tv shows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IZWg94hJ_SQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

studios just don't have the manpower or money for that

Regular TV shows aren't 48 minutes long

i barely can watch a 20 minute episode

Just watch 2 episodes together you fucking autist.

Some shows can get away with it but 24 minutes is fine for most

Does anyone have the time and attention span to watch anime like that?

>Katanagatari
For most anime it's not fitting, the short-form works really well in this medium.

>regular

More shows should be 11 mins long. Or have like GabDrop and PSG did and have dual-plot episodes

Nah, 24 is pretty ideal. A solid 1/8 of the show is OP and ED which keeps the music producers on the committee happy, and 5-6 hrs for a single cour keeps the pacing fast.

"No!"

24 minutes of ordinary Gabu, followed by the exact same 24 minutes but with a male-voiced Gabu.

Might work for some shows, but 48 minute SoL episodes sounds less than ideal.

No. It shouldn't even be more than 20 minutes.

they are already getting shorter its too expensive to produce anime

>like regular tv shows
Dumb Sataniaposter.

The fact anime episodes are shorter is one of the main reasons I prefer it to "regular tv shows" - I can watch an episode if I'm on a break or stop whenever I want each 20 minutes.
I find it very hard to get myself to watch an anime movie just because of how long movies are

Worked fine for katanagatari

The last double episode I remember was Hibike S02E01. If it's just two episodes together I don't see the point, the general pacing would have to change.

Some series can pull it off. But not every series should be 40+ minutes an episode. Could you imagine the typical "slice of life" school series being 40+ minutes an episode. That wouldn't be very great to sit through. Now do I feel like Shounen series should be? Absolutely! However it would end up being bi-weekly released so might as well pretty much do what said.

Fuck no, it makes every show seem like a slog.
Katanagatari was really hard to sit through at points and Giant Robo was a giant fucking bore.

I don't have the attention span for that

Figure 17 is an hour long time slot

youtube.com/watch?v=IZWg94hJ_SQ

If there's something I think anime does better than live action is having the episodes being 20 minutes long. It at least means that they usually go to the point and are decently paced (obviously there are exceptions). Meanwhile most western series are 30 minutes of padding only for something to happen at the las 10 minutes and then a cliffhager, that will get resolved in the first 5 minutes of the next episode anyway.

A 30 minute time slot is the norm though.

god no. call me a manchild, but this is exactly why I prefer anime and american animation. after I cook dinner, I'll load up an episode of whatever series i'm currently watching, or some shit like american dad, archer, or boondocks.

I don't understand how people have the attention span to sit through an hour long episode of something that's not a movie.

I don't think you're a manchild. You're just an ordinary retard.

>48 minutes
>regular
Superior BBC shows are 58 minutes long. We then sell you a 48 minute version so you can enjoy it shitted up with advert breaks. I'm so glad I don't live in the 3rd world.

for shows with actual substance, yes. for everything else, obviously not

cool. being a 15 year+ hiki, it's nice to be called ordinary.

Why the hell would you want to watch tv for over 40 minutes a day?

Only works for episodic crime dramas.

>hiki
What else would you be doing with your time? Are 2 episodes really too much for you to watch in one sitting?

40 minutes+ long episodes would only work for dialogue and world building driven anime. It worked sublimely well with Katanagatari and I personally found Owarimonogatari and Hanamonogatari more fun to watch that way.
I also imagine this kind of episode formatting would fit like a glove for old Mecha and actually competent Isekai like Log Horizon.

Yes if you want to kill animators