Is this the most generic shonen series ever made? If there is a more generic one please tell me

Is this the most generic shonen series ever made? If there is a more generic one please tell me

>what is the DB franchise

DB is genre defining, so it gets a pass.

No it fucking doesn't

hunter x hunter is good so it gets a pass

>DB defined Shonen battle series
Whoo boy.

>generic
Have you watched My Hero Academia and Black Clover? Do you even know what generic is?

>DB is genre defining
The absolute state of Sup Forums.

It is.

Good thread, OP

O

Great dubs, user.

I'd say Fairy Tail is the prime example of a generic shonen, only thing that was really stand-out about it was the fan-service.

What makes a shounen generic?

It's not, dipshit.
Watch more anime

>anime
Nice one, moron.

ITT: I've watched only 10 episodes of a show

Don't forget fairy tail.

Please watch more than 5 episodes before posting

We know he's still at the Hunter Exam Arc

Good thread, OP

Your favourite shounen.

the power of friendship and asspulls

american retards who dont know shit about HnK, old jojo, kinnikuman, or saint seiya, get the fuck out newfag

>Sees how anons make a fuss about HxH not being generic by shonen standards.
>Proceeds to make thread about the exact opposite, with the obvious intent of triggering those anons.
This is a pretty autistic bait, OP.

It being the progenitor of all these repetitive tropes and cliches we see today doesn't mean it gets off scot free. Especially when it continues that trend in the modern age that to Tori being a money grubbing hack

Harry Potter is genre defining but that doesn't prevent it from being the dullest franchise in the history of mankind.

How is HP dull?

Harry Potter is fun though.

Fairy Tail

MY

Nigger

It's DB AND Saint Seiya. Never forget Saint Seiya.

Does generic=Bad

>world where everyone has an OC power
>friend group that does fightan
>Plot revolves around friend group fightan some other group of not-friends
>not-friends lose because none of them are actually friends and because the protagonist has an ass pull power.
>The main protagonist eventually outshines all his friends even if it's just for a moment.

If you can fit in a tournament arc into your story and it still works, it's definitely generic Shonen.

No, but it has to do very well at what it does to keep people interested, which isn't easy in the least.

Are you actually, unironically, seriously implying that it didn't?

I'm aware of all of those series and their impact on battle shonen. Just because there were predecessors that also helped embed our perception of shonen doesn't take away from one being a particular heavy hitter. It's like saying Einstein's work didn't help define modern physics just because some of his ideas were anticipated by others.

This