Isekai Appreciation Thread

We all know that +90% of all isekai out there are trash, but let's not forget about the good ones. What makes an isekai good for you?

>Konosuba
>good
Remove Aqua and everything left is just generic isekai N. 9999

Why is British isekai so much better than Japanese isekai?

Did no one remember No Game No Life? Or did they just forgot that it was actually isekai?

Konosuba I think plays itself the best out of the two you show here. However, Death March I think has been presenting itself pretty well this season. It's not necessarily groundbreaking, but the MC isn't too much of a harem trope and the mechanics of the game that are asspulled at the right time at least give you a laugh usually. It's the world's most dedicated loser trying to speedrun his way to the end.

Cult posters please leave.

No Game No Life just has almost zero chance to get a second season, so most refuse to talk about it in order to not get their hopes up.

Didn't think Death March had potential, might try out the novel then.

I hear the novels are probably the way to go on this one. Most "mainstream" reviewers are dropping out of pat going "ewwww generic loli harem," but the whole real point is he completely rejects them in that way from the get-go. I assume they just didn't watch much past the first 2-3 episodes. He treats them more like his kids than anything else.

Konosuba and Re:Zero shitters gave Isekai a bad name. No wonder nobody takes the genre seriously anymore when fags pretend those 2 are actually good.

>British
What?

He probably meant something like Harry Potter or Narnia or something.

When was Harry Potter isekai?

>His Dark Materials
>Narnia
>Alice in Wonderland

Feels more like Psuedo-Isekai if anything

the only good isekai

>but the whole real point is he completely rejects them in that way from the get-go
Then what's the point?

Konosuba is perfection, Aqua-sma is truly a goddess.

"Reincarnation as a monster" types of isekai are good, I liked Tensei Slime and Kumo Desu Ga.

Image not related

I am a sucker for reincarnation shits. Kinda dislike where the MC just suddenly get thrown into isekai as is, with some bonuses for "God".

>SJW twitter fiction
People get banned for posting this.

To not have a harem.

*from "God"

>remove something and it's different

*cough*smartphone*cough*

Aqua was basically the one making most of the trouble. Take her out and most of the interesting shit goes away.

Wow I cant believe is you remove one of the show's elements the show changes. Incredible discovery

I know right. Also water is wet and the sun is hot.

Dumb wojakposter

Suffering. The hero has to suffer.

Why the fuck are there so many isekai threads on Sup Forums right this minute?

And being surrounded by girls that like him does not make it a harem?

>one dimensional characters = better
okay, user

>cute girls flock around him for no reason but it's not harem cause he rejects them
What?

at least its not wuxia fantasy "isekei"

Supposedly he rejects them later on for some Elvish chick who's breasts he wants. Yada yada, I think he has to have 100 children before she'll invest in dating him because she wants to be able to meet his heirs forever since he'll only live like 1/10th her lifespan

In the novel, the MC is a big breast/MILF lover. He cannot get excited by loli at all. So he completely rejects the Lolis that are constantly trying to crawl on his dick, literally. He is waiting for his loli to grow up, and he wants to feed them lots and lots of milk and cheese to help them "develop". And is considering researching spells to help them "develop" properly.

There's a SUMMONED HERO who is a loli crazed man, but he is constantly have big breasted/MILFs join his harem and trying to literally crawl on his dick. So that guy HATES the MC, who has 'the perfect harem', and MC HATES that guy, cause he's got 'the perfect harem'. But they eventually work out their differences.