EVA

So we know that although shown very subtlely that Rei is in love with Shinji. We also know that in End of Evangelion, Rei Prime is Rei I, II, III, and Yui merged into one being. So at the very end Rei Prime gives Shinji the choice to reject Instrumentality and Shinji says his last goodbye to both Rei and Yui. So who's the dominant being at the end? Rei, Yui, or both? Did Rei just become her own person at the end of the series? Were her feelings for Shinji at the end romantic, maternal, or both?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PcXGgjyV4WA
youtube.com/watch?v=jYZfeY8Vg0E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maternal, because the only romantic love Shinji felt was for Kaworu Fight me

your shit theory has so many holes
try again

The push might've been maternal, but the feelings were real, otherwise her weird actions especially near the end can't be justified.
Those were the desperate attempt from someone emotionally unstable to try and convey a feeling the couldn't understand let alone handle.
The final merge just made it easier for her to convey those feelings.

Rei is LOVE

Fuck off back to /y/.

Anima's a shitshow, but I liked this take. After her creator lays out what she is, the reason she was created, and exactly how he thought of her, Ikari-kun is the last entity Rei has any regard left for, so she kinda feels everything towards him and spins off personas to express that.

And your shitpost has poor grammar and punctuation. Don't come back until you're 18 faggot.

Rei may be cloned from Yui's DNA, but Rei is very much her own complete person by the end of the series. She finds her own identity and her feelings for Shinji are truly her own feelings.

Rei and Kaworu a shit.

Shinji being dead is better than him ending up with Kaworu. When I started Eva I didn't want fag shit.

Asuka a shit too.

Why don't we ever get evangelion threads with 300-400 replies anymore? There used to be long threads daily.

Because they’re all autistic spam threads at this point.

your theory is shit

There are. You just missed them.

There was a surge a few weeks(months?) ago.

We do. You're just not paying attention.

You're not wrong, but that's not really related to OP's question.

Rei has nothing, execpt for DNA, to do with Yui. They are two seprate entites throughout the show, even in EoE. Rei, thanks to combining Lillith and Adam, becomes sort of a godlike being, which is why she looks over Shinji in the final scene of the movie, and Yui stays in Eva unit 01.
Rei did become her own person in the end that is why she betrayed Gendo.
Rei's feelings towards Shinji are hard to fully grasp, since she never actually voices them, apart from that she wants to be close to him. It is also hard to understand the feelings of a god which Rei kind of become at the end. But she certainly liked Shinji the most. Since she gave him the right to decide the fate of instrumentality

Wasn't there a line in episode 23 where Rei admitted to having romantic/sexual feelings for Shinji?

She said she wanted to become on with him; i.e. get dicked by him

She claims when Armisael attacks Shinji that it might be because her heart wants to become one with Shinji. If you want to percive this as a romantic/sexual feeling you could.

There are some good discussion ones sometimes when it doesn't devolve into waifu-arguing shit.

Lets discuss something hypothetical here.
Lets discuss the ending if EoE.

Here we have Shinji, Asuka, and large dead Ray and an ocean of tang.
I'm interested to know what you anons think should/probably happen next.
Lets keep the waifufaggotry to a minimum and think with the characters brains and mindsets.

Makes sense to me.

Who gives a fuck? These are not important questions

We do. Fuck off.

Well the third impact happened, and the world is fucked. My assumption was always that Asuka and Shinji starve to death because there's no food or devolve into mental breakdowns and one kills the other. This is assuming hostillity, though.

How much does Asuka remember? How do they interact when they're the only two left because it could go many different ways.
Society is gone. Everyone is gone unless they start washing back onto the beaches like Asuka did.
There's nothing left other than possibly the two most mentally broken people in the show.

Rei never had Yuis soul, it was in the eva1. Yui was there in EOE bvecause everything in the world mashed up. Rei had Lilliths soul.

yui and lillith basically exchanged bodies.
yui in lillith clone / lillith in yui clone.
Rei always had a sort of identity crisis, was she Rei? or was she the angel lillith? and yes rei wanted to bone shinji (op's pic ffs) is just because she had his moms body, shinji didnt want to bone her and saw her as a sis.

Rei prime is awakened rei to her true self IE lillith

its been 20 years. except for newfags most people are tired of talking the same shit.

I'd say it's the weirdest case of Oedipus comples ever.
Shinji feels a motherly connection to her because she has shades and DNA of his mother, but she's not really his mother.
Rei isn't a normal teen girl but still harbors some sort of motherly feeling to him.
I wouldn't call the feeling fake, but I'd call the feelings manufactured because science was involved in it.

yeah in fact half of all "great mysteries" of this series can be attributed to the protagonist's mother

Is there somewhere I can read this in English?

ape, lots and lots of rape

Asuka and Shinji raping eachother out of sheer despair and anger?

So what you mean to say is that it's the greatest hatesex ever?

I don't understand, how is she pegging him in that position?

fuck yeah

She's literally part of his body in that position.

>Rei is in love with Shinji
>Rei Prime is Rei I, II, III, and Yui merged into one being
Fucking what? This is the worst misreading of EoE I have ever seen.

lillith having mergesex

Unfortunately Re-Take doesn't count, user.

Also if it did we'd still be discussing the original ending and not that one.

You asked for hypothetical. I gave you hypothetical.

Fair enough, but I also said no waifufaggotry unless you are somehow 350% enjoying retake specifically for the concept and story.

This is a blue board

That already happened in episode 15.
youtu.be/PcXGgjyV4WA

Delusions.

This scene and the choking scene are two of my favorite moments in the show, and I wish I could find them in full on youtube without them being part of 'theory' videos.

I thought that Angels didn't have gender.

I don't get it, who is that girl?

shinji gets a lot of cute girls, so i am jealous

Looks like one and, as evidenced by Shinji, has a cock. Had he appeared in more than one episode, Shinji would have become and extremely well adjusted homo.

Misato

he was like rei only he had adams soul in some clone

Rei isn't dead. She transcends mankind and Angels and becomes a goddess. The body of GNR left behind isn't a corpse, but rather a husk. A shed skin left behind after Rei made her final evolution.

their child

All angels are male as evidenced by their phallic bodies.

Kaworu/Adam is technically female since he's the mother of angels.

They don't look like adults.

Feel like I need to rewatch NGE because I don't remember that goddess part.

A bunch of fuckery happened. And it's a fanwork so it's not perfect in any sense. Still worth a read tho if you can find the 'all ages' version since the original was made as a h-doujin with unessasary h-scenes.

>All angels are male as evidenced by their phallic bodies.

What? What do you mean with phallic bodies?

>Kaworu/Adam is technically female since he's the mother of angels.

They call Adam their "mother"? That's weird since "Adam" is universally know like a male.

I don't know if he was like Rei, Rei has human DNA, is Kaworu like that? You know I always thought that Rei herself was an allusion to EVA since she was created from Adam.

>Kaworu/Adam is technically female
so does that mean I'm not gay?

Oh I think that I read it long time ago, but I'm not quite sure. It's like a good fanfic right? I think that I gonna read it since it has been ages since the last time that I read something about Evangelion, really, it has been *ages*.

No, you are gay since you like women that looks like men.

Why is her knee fused with his elbow?

Adam in all biblical stories is known as male, but in Eva he is a progenitor and therefore technically female.
The angels are not progenitors/no reproductive capabilities so they are assumed to be male.

As long as you don't suck his dick it's not gay.

>As long as you don't suck his dick it's not gay.
I mean it's the polite thing to do

Asuka, because parallels with Adam & Eva, being Rei Lilith, the first love, the Edipo.

I think it's pretty good for a fucking fanwork, but everyone has opinions. It acts as a contiuation to EoE and I feel it tries to respect the original material. You can find it on Panda if you look up Re-Take. Should be the one with like 400 pages in it.

Just because you are shown affection does not mean you are loved.
It's even stated that Karl doesn't even really understand the concepts.

Asuka bringing the bantz, like always

>but in Eva he is a progenitor and therefore technically female.
This doesn't really make sense since, Adam in the biblical story is also the first person and from him Eve was created ad therefore the progenitor. Is Adam a female here too?

That's why I said that Adam in the biblical story and Adam in Eva are fairly different characters.

In Eva Adam isn't related to humans, they are Lilith's children. The reason why he looks similar to them is because he is made in the image of the FAR (The First Ancestral Race), as are Lilith and her Lilin children (humans).
I don't know why Kaworu decided to make the angels look like monstrous beings, he's fucked up.

Not that user but lets remember that EVA was VERY liberal with how it used its religious themes.

Yeah, but I don't see how that makes him female.
Is there any textual evidence for this claim?

>Adam in all biblical stories is known as male, but in Eva he is a progenitor and therefore technically female.

When the humanity thinks in "Adam" generally they associate it to a male character, even when we talk about monkeys like animals scientist call them or it "The first Adam" and they represent them like males.

Now talking about Adam in Evangelion, the story call it "a mother"? (I ask because I don't know). Now in the bible God has descendants since both Angels and humans are his children because he created them and Jesus is called his "Son" but God is never referred like a female person, so we can't assume that any character that can produce life is a female.

>The angels are not progenitors/no reproductive capabilities so they are assumed to be male.

In the bible at least, the angels are living beings that aren't constructed of "flesh and bones" but energy instead and they live in "The Heavens" a spiritual region that don't belong to our physical universe, they haven't any kind of gender since the humans and animals were a new thing since these kind of creatures can have descendants just like God can have descendants and The Angels can't do that. They aren't represented like males because they can't have children since God himself is referred like a male in the bible (even when God hasn't a gender) and he is called "The Fount of the life". It seems like the reason is because "male" is a symbolic signal of authority.

Thank you very much user it's nice of you give me the direction to look for it.

The fact that he is a progenitor is what makes him female.
Only females can reproduce.
Plus Adam is directly called the "mother of angels" in episode 24.

Yes, that's how it is in the Biblical Stories, but very little of that was applied to Eva's story.

>Yes, that's how it is in the Biblical Stories, but very little of that was applied to Eva's story.

Was Adam called a female in the story or not? I'm confuse in this part.

But the biblical Adam is also the progenitor (of humanity) and he isn't female.
And "mother of angels" is a concept more than a confirmation of Adam's sex. Adam gave them life therefore Adam is their mother. There is nothing to suggest, however, that any angel (except maybe Kaworu), including Adam, have any sexual traits

In Eva he's directly referred to as mother of the angels and has reproductive capabilities, which would lean towards him being female.

In the Bible he is strictly male and a mere human.

>the biblical Adam is also the progenitor (of humanity) and he isn't female
He did not create humanity by himself, he had the female Eve there to birth them. So it would be incorrect to call him a progenitor.

>Adam gave them life therefore Adam is their mother.
Adam directly created them. I don't see why they would call him mother if he is meant to be portrayed as male.

>that any angel (except maybe Kaworu), including Adam, have any sexual traits
I think you're confused here. Kaworu IS Adam. Because he has reproductive capabilities he's technically female if we were to define him in human terms.

>but very little of that was applied to Eva's story.

You know in fact Evengelion tried to apply The Bible to the story in the symbolism and other stuff but Japaneses aren't exactly well informed about The Bible since it's relatively new for the most of them and that could be the cause of the differences between both versions. How do I know that they "tried"? Well here is an example, in the Catholic Myths there is a different version of certain biblical verse in the which they represent Seraphim (a kind of angel with six wings), according to the Bible, these angels fly with two wings, they cover his face with two wings and they cover his feet with two wings, in the catholic version they use a mask.

You can notice this allusion to The Seraphim in the opening during a moment, and you can see how a good part of The Angels in the anime use mask in their heads.

youtube.com/watch?v=jYZfeY8Vg0E

Yes, I think Eva's director Anno is very interested in Biblical Theology and has definitely done some research, but what he implemented into Eva was mostly just names and imagery from the stories to retain a foreign and sci-fi feel.

>he had the female Eve there to birth them
But Eve was created from Adam. So all of humanity including Eve came from Adam. Making him the sole progenitor.

>I don't see why they would call him mother if he is meant to be portrayed as male.
Because a mother is someone who creates life. And that is what Adam does, therefore Adam should be seen as a mother eventhough Adam doesn't have a clear, or any, sex. Adam isn't portrayed as male or female but something different from humans all together.

>Kaworu IS Adam
I don't remember this but it's probably true.

>Because he has reproductive capabilities he's technically female if we were to define him in human terms.
But the angels aren't humans they are different. There is no reason to try to apply human sexual terms on to them. And the existens of a female would mean there had to be a male otherwise the term is pointless.

>But Eve was created from Adam
She was created from his rib with help of God, Adam didn't create her by himself so I wouldn't really consider him the sole progenitor either.
The only real progenitor of humanity is God himself, though indirectly, since he's the one who created Adam and Eve in the first place and designed them to create humanity.

>Adam isn't portrayed as male or female but something different from humans all together
Yes, I guess I can agree with this.
I called him technically female based on our own human perceptions of what constitutes a female verses a male, but I guess we can assume God-like beings such as Adam transcend those boundaries completely.

>But the angels aren't humans they are different
In Eva they're stated to be extremely similar to humans though, and the progenitor of humans (Lilith) and progenitor of angels (Adam) are just two siblings made from the FAR, so how different can they really be?

I'll be back in a few, have to go feed my cat.

>In Eva he's directly referred to as mother of the angels and has reproductive capabilities

Are you sure that you aren't confusing him with Lilith who is called "The Mother of the Humanity" in this story? I barely remember Evangelion but I think that they called Adam "The Father of the Angels"

>In the Bible he is strictly male and a mere human.

Universally talking he is a male, it doesn't matter if this character is human or not.

>He did not create humanity by himself, he had the female Eve there to birth them. So it would be incorrect to call him a progenitor.

He IS the progenitor of the humanity since in the bible even when the woman produce the birth of new life it is the man who provoke the birth of the new life through his seed.

>Biblical Theology

It's more like Catholic Theology.

>so how different can they really be?
They are more made out to be opposite I would say, the show makes little attempt to humanise the angels almost the entire show. Since only one can survive. The children of Lillith and Adam can't coexist because they are so fundamentally different. They say that the angels have the fruit of life and humans fruit of knowledge to show how different humans and angels actually are even if they share a similar heritage.