If Evangelion started airing this season, how would you feel about it 8 or 9 episodes in?

If Evangelion started airing this season, how would you feel about it 8 or 9 episodes in?

as someone who only just watched evangelion for the first time like a month ago, I'd say I'd think it's kind of boring

Very few people would watch "mecha" on Sup Forums in the first place. Secondly, people who did watch it would spam, "My wife, Asuka is so cute."

It would probably be /3/ as fuck and I wouldn't bother

>Very few people would watch "mecha" on Sup Forums in the first place.

Have you ever heard of Darling in the franxx? is like the new eva m8, lmao is basically even the same studio.

wtf is wrong with you?

go back

Nice pits.

Asuka would fit right in to the Democratic Party

thank you for proving my point

I would have like the first 6 episode but felt that the next 3 kinda ruined the tone in the those episodes.

Rei Ayanami Best Waifu

Anno was literally inspired by women’s romance novels lmao.

>boring as fuck, slow pacing
>whiny as bitch MC, lacks any kind of motivation for the story
>shit art, cheap production values
>"monster of the week" style has gotten old at this point
>girls are not cute enough
>rei clone is worst girl

I would probably have dropped it at the third episode. To be honest, I tried rewatching Evangelion back when the blurays came out and I just couldn't finish it. I just can't get excited about old mecha anime.

The shitposts regarding Asuka being a bitch and the supposedly 2D equivalent of 3DPD cunts would be x100 worse than what we have now. I don't feel like the best girl debates would have any staying power, but Asuka alone would fuel rage powered jetpacks for days.

The first episode of evangelion is legitimately the single best first episode of any anime ever made in terms of what a first episode needs and should do.

It would be like when the first episode of KLK completely took over the board for hours but magnified. There would be be shitposting about how nothing has really happened or that shinji is a faggot for the next few episodes, then the end of episode six would be another huge one, dozens of images with reismile.png, generally stable again, and then another torrent of threads for every single asuka episode.

>Autist newfag outs himself.
Color me surprised.

I've been here for years and there's a large number of "classics" I haven't watched or downright refuse to. My backlog grows daily and there's not enough hours in the day for me to watch it all.

The mecha designs and mysteries they foreshadowed probably would've kept me watching.

Go check out a Franxx thread. That's probably about what you'd be seeing. NGE doesn't really drop any more "2d4u" crap than Franxx or even TTGL until Liliel shows up at episode 15 or so. Right now we'd be around Dance Like You Want to Win and people would be bitching about "muh SOL" and how unrealistic the last fight was.

this, but the fuel would last years.
just like it still

Long story short, ancient autists on Sup Forums got mad about Gundam threads taking up space and it spawned /m/.

>2018
and people still cant handle the shinji running away from rei
it will be a glorious day just like when subaru get his shit pushed in that hilarious battle.

Haremshit.

>mecha
I wouldn't watch it

Threads would go to shit after introduction of Asuka.

Evangelion wouldn't pass Sup Forums's 3 episode rule

Evangelion IS airing this season

>evangelion
>mecha
evas aren't even mechs and the series is less about kaiju fights and more about how people bond, or fail to, with one another

Underrated post.

>Man the budget has gone to shit
>NERV is a terrorist organization
>Giant robots stopped being a thing after a few episodes, we interpersonal drama now

I really wish Darlingburger in the Frankfurter wasn't just shitty Eva

It also serves as a public service announcement trying to get teenagers to have babies, just like Iron Blooded Orphans

>shitty
It's like TTGL if it took inspiration from NGE instead of Getter Robo. Try thinking of it in that way instead.

This debate has been stupid from the start. You have the choice of no personality, caustic personality or drunken slut.

It has only 2 good episodes so far. Not worth watching

Gurren Lagan had strong narrative progression and a sense of joy and passion essential to its thematic language. They got out of the hole at the first episode. To look the way you're describing makes me think that Imaishi and co. saw Shinji refusing to get in the robot and thought "Simoun should just stay underground and be mildly uncomfortable about it sometimes. And they should only fight when a thing comes." It's important to remember that even when Evangelion got navel-gazey its still had absolute survival on the line as characters struggled with crippling depression.

I get that TTGL had a metaphor about hegemony fueled by alienation from death being a primary obstacle to self-actualization. Franxx kind wants to do that again but with Eva's coming-of-age story and the centrality of sex in that narrative. The show has no sense of rebellion (TTGL) or despair (Eva)-- it's just a vague horniness. The only reason I'm still watching it is because I dig the art sometimes and I'm hoping the shoe will drop at some point.

I guess it's more of a shitty Shinsekai Yori if anything

I haven't seen it yet. I just know there's a cool ugly rat and lesbians(?) in it. What made you think about it?

A detail I really like, since I feel like I was being too mean to Darling in the Franxx, is how it's literally "Adults" who are being set up as at least temporary antagonists and how they call the main characters "Parasytes" in such a way that that's how they refer to themselves too.

Complete with their very own squealer

02 did nothing wrong

Just watch it and you'll see the obvious connections. It's a great anime.

I would drop it after those two episodes.

That was when Asuka arrived, so pretty entertained.

I very much like the Gothic Lolita style but it's from after Eva
My waifu is from Eva

I wonder how my life would be different and how I would feel about my waifu.
Would I have left someone else for her?
Would I have overlooked her because she doesn't wear frilly black dresses?

I love her most of all but you've given me lots to think about faggot user
Fuck you, but in the most sincere way

>If Evangelion started airing this season, how would you feel about it 8 or 9 episodes in?

The first time, I'd probably think they were boring... but after watching the whole series + EoE I see know some very important character stuff was set up from the beginning.

>The show has no sense of rebellion (TTGL) or despair (Eva)-- it's just a vague horniness.
So that's why it's making me think about my time in high school.

The problem with eva waifuwars is that while each side is arguing which girl is the "best" is that neither side realises that both of them have horrible personalities. They were even designed that way. So in the end, evafags are just squabbling over two different piles of shit and they've been doing it for many years. Their mentality is bizarre. You wouldn't even find it in fiction.

You ought to be more selective with what you toss into the backlog if you have that problem. Nothing is wirs and than a backlog of things you wanted to watch at some point but can't even remember why you put them there three months from now.

>tfw no gf. want to die
>have gf. she says this place sucks, I want to leave now
>do nothing
>that girl's hot. my friend is having problems with his girl
>"my body's changing and the grownups won't tell me anything"
>turns out its fine
>do nothing
>"I sure do like having a gf and using my new body with my gf. did I say something about leaving earlier?"
>do nothing

>If Evangelion started airing this season, how would you feel about it 8 or 9 episodes in?

I'd say it's a show for people that don't know what to do with their free time.

Probably much the same as I felt about it when I first saw it way back when: "First few episodes were pretty out there, recently it's a tad more subdued but still interesting. Definitely want to stick around and see where they're going with all of this."