Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m-MWYgZgGsg
youtu.be/g8KdXnmLZF0?t=19m16s
youtube.com/watch?v=zBPTfbiG5bE
youtube.com/watch?v=DFv2z4qR9eY
youtube.com/watch?v=tiNn90sIzPg
mega.nz/#F!EVxXRAJQ!r-dX0OWEhFnnCaiEejQUGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

IT'S TIME TO BATTLE, ROBATTLE TILL YOU DROP!

a little. i remember watching the first few episodes of this on YTV as a kid.

Not actually but I listen to the Japanese opening sometimes.

The later episodes had some really well animated battles.

>americans had to eat up their shitty opening instead of the original masterpiece
youtube.com/watch?v=m-MWYgZgGsg

I'm rewatching it in nipponese, currently at episode 14, the show is as good as I remember it, maybe even better since most of the dialogue, jokes and OST in japanese are different so it's like watching something new.

I like the characters, they're all sincere, stupid and raw as fuck, Ikki is just as relatable as when I was a kid, the two main girls are super cute, the other support characters are fine, mediocre at worst. I wish season 2 hadn't killed the series potential.

It's kind of insane how different the dub/sub are tone/actual dialogue wise.

Japanese metabee is voiced by naruto, before she was naruto.

I remember Ikki's mom giving me a boner.

>just realized that the "metabee loves watermelon" joke is because beetles love fruit

>tfw someone in my country was based as fuck and played the japanese openings of most anime dubs every 3 episodes, they probably didn't even have the rights to the songs but they didn't give a fuck.

It's crazy how good some of the later designs are.

Granbettle is amazing.

What is the upgraded arcbeetle called?

I kinda prefer the dub voices for the medabots, I like the robot filters they had over the voices, metabee being a cute girls kinda throws me off (like how goku sounds like a grandma).

Arcbeetle-dash, it's from the shit tier season 2. It's form change is awesome though.

I definitely agree about the filter, but Metabee is Naruto, not a cute girl. Dub metabee is awesome.

I will never forget how she sneaked into ikki's bed, I was too young for these feelings

JP has better character voices, ENG has better medabot voices.

>Japanese metabee was a girly voice
>English Metabee was a black man

thats great

The sound Metabee's body makes when he first comes to life and shakily stands up is one of the most beautiful sounds I have ever heard.

>metal/gears working
>eeeEEEEEEEEYEAAHHHHH

blackbee is best bee

Barely, but I do remember the Samurai Pizza Cats.

Mr. Referee is best boy. Why did they kill him in season 2? ;_;

Beautiful.
youtu.be/g8KdXnmLZF0?t=19m16s

I liked Brass and Peppercat when i was a kid

s2 killed all hopes for the show, only good thing to come out of it was the JP ed

youtube.com/watch?v=zBPTfbiG5bE

>/ss/ and arika in swimsuit UMF

>only when you were a kid

fag

kilobots was a mistake. show went from 8/10 to 4/10 instantly

My beef was that the concept was kinda ok, but they just did such a shitty job and changed the tone of the anime so much. I have no clue what that female mechanic's name was, but I wanted her.

who didn't? karin's medabot was awful tho

>tfw imaishi episode

>ywn watch this on 4 pm every day

damn my country on early 2000 sure is base as fuck.

I remember playing this on my gba as a kid, never knew it had a show. The game was fun in a janky kind of way.

YOU CAN ONLY PICK ONE Sup Forums

who's it gonna be?

Me too, I adored all the gimmicks and strategies I used.

Brass

when i was a kid i used to draw metabee and ikki all the time

No but I played the GBA fighting game (both versions)

neutranurse

Never said i no longer like them

> Imaishi

If htat's true, that would explain so many things...

>let em go
>let em GO
>LET EM GOOOOOOOOOOAAAGHHHHHH
>dude....I rock..
>It's time... to kiss your bot goodbye!
>MEDAFORCEEE!

The most hype fucking shit my entire childhood.

yes, but only for the fourth and fifth game boy games' ost

Yoshinari is all over the show as well, the fluid and on model parts from episode 1 and the later fights where medabots get damaged in full detail are all him.

Why is Sumilodon a STG (stag?) type if it's based off a sabre tooth tiger?

>tfw it was even funnier in the dub because he was a black man

>medabots anime did cute schoolgirls right
>had me beating my meat 24/7

recent games are too on the nose about it

God I wish I wasn't an EOP.

Ninja episode was the tits.

Fuck, just imported a jap 3DS and was wondering which other games were worth importing (stuff that never ever would get localized).Thanks for reminding me of this user.

Medarot Classics just came out, has most of the games if you want to get up to date

Is it a japanese only game?

NIggaBee was cool

All this talk of season 2, did it ever come state side? I guess I don't recall anything after the tourney/arc beetle fight and the illegal slug bot(that was the bees knees on the GBA)

Yes. Season 2 is all about form-changing. I don't remember all of them but he definitely changes into a literal 4 wheel tank with the horn as the cannon.

good lord these clothing choices, my dick

Shit I wonder why I never saw it then. Though it sounds like a blessing in disguise, I don't remember having a single complaint about the show.

did medabots ever do the fusion gimmick?

S2 is not very good, but do watch it.

> Dat Sam

Ah yes, remember when you were a kid and everyone believed she was a boy?

Sam was my first reverse trap

The mother is so hot.

see you next thread Sup Forums

I loved this guy.

Yes but does anyone remember Mon Kolle Knights? It was really overshadowed by Digimon and Medabots.

Also why would anyone give their children fucking robots with guns and bombs equipped? ! How can anyone afford a fighting robot? How can anyone afford maintenance?

I liked mon kolle knights, loved the trapeze thingy when they entered their mechs. Medabots was better tho. Also, Shinzo just popped into my head, good shit.

guns are cheaper than most smartphones, medabots are shown to be actually a little over toy size and they touch up on the violence fact many times, they usually just write it off as a joke since it's an anime for kids

It's still less dangerous than Pokemon.

I remember I liked a guy with a mask and some Medabot with a sword or something. And that I fapped to a pink Medabot once. I didnt gave two shits as a kid.

I've wanted a legit rip of the music from this fucking game for over 10 years and it's never going to happen

>And that I fapped to a pink Medabot once

This one?

As a kid I wanted to fuck the girls, now I want to fuck the mom.

was the Beyblade anime good?

not that user but I fapped because of her too and Ikki's mom holy shit that milf make my dick go wild

Yeaaaah! The memories it brings. I honestly dont really know why I fapped, I had a toy of her and it lost her head and my dick decided that was hot or something.

>All this talk of season 2, did it ever come state side?

Yes, and it was just as unpopular in the states as it was in Japan.

I was so mad as a kid when I first saw the third season. All the designs were shittier, half the cast got changed up, and the continuity was fucked with.

What were they thinking?

So who did win the Ikkibowl, Karin or Arika?

>that time she got kidnapped by the rubberobo gang and started lecturing them on how lousy a job they did tying her up

I loved the shit out of this show when I was younger that and Rockman.EXE, Medal based Robattles was cool as fuck

was there a 3rd season?
I always considered ep 1 - end of medabot worldcup the first season and the rest of it the second season.

They changed to a different studio for the sequel, which means new staff, possibly new VAs, new artstyle, different writers, etc.

TECHNICALLY the world cup stuff was S2 iirc.

What's the closest thing we have to Medabots nowadays anyways? Build Fighter?

Metabee of course

I know, right?

I unironically like the opening song.

damn, I was already a teen when this shit came to my country and simply felt it like a "Meh" while already enjoyed digimon and pokemon a few years before -

loved that thing
youtube.com/watch?v=DFv2z4qR9eY
wished we didnt get that shitty english opening.

I don't generally like dubs but I prefer Niggabee over Narutobee.

Watching this as a kid on Fox Kids was great. It's too bad that today's generation will never experience this.

Was Ikki voiced by an actual kid in english?

nah just some woman.

Remember it? I couldn't decide whether I wanted to fuck Samantha, Karin or peppercat more as a kid. Based Niggabee was the shit too.

I remember the referee who went to absurd lengths to appear from nowhere so he could referee every battle on the show.

>Granbettle
My nigga

What Medabots Damashii did to that series is a fucking travesty.
youtube.com/watch?v=tiNn90sIzPg

But damn, if I don't love this OP

Random Trivia: Maaya Sakamoto was Karin's JPN Voice

This was back when she would do character songs.

I would rather play a dating sim between Medabots.
I believe ammo is actually provided by the Metabots Corp, or something like that. You get what you need just by getting the parts, you just can't pull any bullshit like reloading in the middle of the battle.
Getting rid of him was one of the worst sins of the second season.

who's this dude?

>get that strange desire to go back and rewatch an old show
>can't find it anywhere

mega.nz/#F!EVxXRAJQ!r-dX0OWEhFnnCaiEejQUGw

Kaiser Beetle, I think.

Your my hero user

>Was about to ask if anyone had a torrent since I havn't been able to find one recently
>see this

oh man you're the best. only question is it dual audio?