twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

rip ayukawa

youtube.com/watch?v=p3FsbF_Aito

How did we go from this

...to this?

Goddamn Akemi Takada is a great artist.

>people post 2000 complaining about romance shows being bad
>KOR did everything they hate 100x worse
OPs and EDs were good. The rest of the show was infuriating. Entire "misunderstanding" could have been resolved in episode 1.

This. MC actually lead the other girl on for some reason.

Madoka a shit

Kyousuke is all about pussy. He led her on because he wanted to fuck them both.

It at least resolved the triangle and the girl everyone liked won, which is the majority of the complaints.

Watch Touch if you haven't, it subverts all that shit.

>It at least resolved the triangle
But it didn't. They had to make a shitty movie to resolve it. And it was so bad even the fans hated the ending.

>and the girl everyone liked won
HAHA!

>Watch Touch if you haven't, it subverts all that shit.
Watched it and Cross Game. Definitely liked them better. There's also a lot of romance shows that go against the tropes KOR played straight. SMJ is basically the anti harem/anti romance show.

This is such a damn good song.

The movie is the ending.

And everyone prefers Madoka, not sure what planet you're living on if you can't see that.

I bet you think everyone loved Naru in Love Hina. You poor, ignorant Madoka fan.

Anime songs were genuinely top tier back then.

youtube.com/watch?v=be1Yy1S2wYI

Is it really that bad? The artstyle and backgrounds are really good.

80s JPOP is the best pop in the world. Because they mix like 12 different genres together.

youtu.be/ZchkP43avXg

The animation is some of the best of its time. Voice acting, storyboarding, direction and basically everything that the anime team could do was good. It was the source story that was shit. Kind of like how Ranma had tons of talent behind it, but turned to shit in season 3 anyway because the source manga was just Happosai and random gags shit after that.

Akemi Takada is one of the best anime character artists of all time, so that would help explain the artstyle.

So i'll just have to watch it like I watched "Birth" then?

Didn't Shin KOR have sex in it?

Why did you make a thread about the worst anime ever made? Do you actually like watching asspulls and misunderstandings? Granted the 1st ED is god tier.

Shit writing. It could have been done much better in like 2 cours not fucking 40 episodes and a movie.

It has basically everything going for it ruined entirely by the story. Really it is the best example in anime to show that story is the most impotent thing to an anime. Worst thing besides the usual is the absolute scumbag "friends" the MC has that just want to fuck his dumb sisters.

>But it didn't. They had to make a shitty movie to resolve it.
Are you retarded? The manga solved that shit eons ago, the movie was only made to kickstart someone's music career.

Yep definitely retarded, Madoka is the only reason this mess ran for as long as it did in Shounen Jump.

Madoka was absolute trash, and kept lying to her best friend.

RIP in Peace.

>if you don't agree with my subjective opinion, you're retarded
Pot calling the kettle black.

It's one thing to say Madoka was the most popular. But you claimed "everyone loved her the most." Which is just flat out wrong. Hikaru showed up on the polls right along with Madoka, usually just a couple spots below her.

No romance show ever made has every single fan liking one girl. Even when there's clearly one girl who is destined to win like Kimi ni Todoke or Clannad. Just look at Toradora. Tiaga was the most popular. But we have legions of people who prefer Minorin or Ami.

You're just a total blind fanboy if you think Hikaru didn't have a fanbase.

Would this show be better without a love triangle? Focus more on Kyosuke and Madoka with the ESP powers being used more to keep it interesting.

Maybe. But it would probably just end up being the same thing where every episode, Madoka blames him for not admitting his feelings and some misunderstanding keeps them apart. When she obviously could have been the one to come forward and admit her feelings at any time.

Hug Ayukawa

That Lum is ayy

I would have done the same
Same applies to Godai too

Gotta keep your options open.

Pretty much. Sure, he should have eventually made a decision and stopped stringing Hikaru along. But Madoka is just as much to blame, since she could have said something and cleared up the misunderstanding herself. Instead, he just kept blaming the MC and expecting him to do everything.

She's as bad as Yozora. "I don't get it. I treated him like shit, cut my hair, hid my name, completely changed my personality and never talked about our past. Why doesn't he recognize who I am and love me!"

Its called City Pop.

There are half a dozen names used, but none of them cover everything. Because Japan loves mixing different genres together. You'll get a "JPOP" song that mixes samba with electric funk and throws in classical at the same time.

No, its called City Pop if its from the 80's.

That's not how genres work. Stuff like funk and jazz didn't just magically stop when the 1980s hit. And Japan used those as well.

It's just a nice little cultural artifact of the era, not meant to be Shakespeare level. We knew Madoka would win but that's not what's important. It's more about the journey than the destination, cliche as it sounds. The manga has this carefree, "don't take life so seriously" vibe. A love letter to the 1980s.

>It's more about the journey than the destination
That's the problem with the show however. The journey is just so formulaic. Each episode is a self contained misunderstanding where the MC is always wrong and Madoka/Hikaru always end up mad at him. Then the next episode, both the girls totally forgot what happened last episode, but quickly get mad at him for a new misunderstanding. All the while, the "main" plot of the show is based on a bigger misunderstanding established in episode 1.

A few episodes of this is fine. 50+ episodes of it gets REALLY tiring. Like a Hallmark movie stretched out to 26 hours.