Manga/Anime with Master Morality Over Slave Morality

Pic Related.

Master morality is defined as a system of morals where the individual makes decisions based on objective logic and reason instead of based on what is demanded by society.

Slave morality is an inherited moral code whereby the individual does what is expected of them by those around them in society.

The problem with the latter is that society often creates arbitrary rules that ignore and more often than not contradict objectively logical and ethical behaviors. Society will tell one group of people that it needs to sacrifice itself for another group simply "because it's the 'right' thing to do" even when it isn't right and it is exploitation. Or it will ignore the suffering that certain groups parasitically cause for little reason and yet it will look down on other groups that have done the same action with vitriol and hate, even when all other factors are accounted for.

That's one reason that I like darker than black so much and why I have always liked characters with a master morality that may bring them into contact with others for breaking social taboo, mores, and unjust laws.

It's also why it frustrates me to no end when characters turn themselves into servants of society at large or a particular group in it. They don't engage in a partnership, with the individual gaining commensurate compensation for their deeds, but servitude: where they're trying to be a hero for the sake of a society that often mistreats and looks down and bullies their alter ego, normal nice guy self.

Any other manga with Master Morality protags or at least secondary characters.
Please let me know if there is

Japanese media is not for you

Well fuck

Hey! I'm not making a request!! That was just an add on but the main point of this thread was to discuss the show. I enjoyed the character.

Sounds /r9k/ as fuck.

What does? The show?

Embarrassing.

Fight Club and Mr. Robot

Let me guess, you're a young adult male who was recently exposed to Nietzsche or his imitators? Don't worry, most cases grow out of it within a few years. There's a reason the behavior you describe is usually the purview of villains.

If you're still looking for a rec, read Made in Abyss for Bondrewd. He flouts a lot of social and moral taboos.

>(You)

Fight Club is amazing but Mr Robot is pretty bad. Got three episodes in and was just done with it. Not going back.

No I don't want villains necessarily and I'll even go so far as to say I prefer heroes. I'm early 20's. But I've always had a problem with it and it isn't likely a phase due to the fact that it's a valid complaint. Spiderman gets beat up and put through grueling situations to save the very people who were cruel and unsympathetic to his plight when he was a bullied nerd for example. He's a slave to the moral code inherited from uncle ben.

I guess what I want is someone who will do more than simply save people and prop up a system that fucked them over their whole life. If they hold up the society then they should also have a goal of reformation instead of being just a quiet cog in the machine. If a person a has a responsibility to society then they should have commensurate rights in that society. When power and accountability are not conjoined then it is dysfunctional.

Take my favorite heroes Black Panther, Silver Surfer, Rorschach and Nightcrawler. Each has done a significant amount of good and yet they are either actively involved in changing the societies they help or they will actively ignore or attack the people that try to mistreat them rather than do as more two dimensional heroes and try to help them.

My problem is that a lot of storytelling is like this and anime is flooded with characters like Kenichi who are totally cucked to society.

Sounds like you want an antihero. Theres a whole bunch of them in every genre including anime, including in mainstream shows like Death Note. IMO they are often written poorly because they lazily devolve into mere edgelords eventually.

I don't want edgelords or even antiheroes necessarily, I just want a hero or mc that stands up for themselves instead of the normal shonen protagonists that bends over backwards for people that treat him like shit.

Yeah, sounds like Bondrewd's your man.

>who was recently exposed to Nietzsche or his imitators? Don't worry, most cases grow out of it within a few years
please don't remind me of that

>master morality
>system of morals

Systems are for slaves you pleb.

but nietzsche is just a poor imitation of hegel

Vinland Saga

"slave morality" is such an early teen tier philosophy holy fuck

Confirmed for not understanding Nietzsche.

Devilman Crybaby

You would probably like jirou from concrete revolutio, its pretty similar to darker than black as well.