Is evangelion really that good or is it overrated Should I put it at the top of my ptw list?

Is evangelion really that good or is it overrated Should I put it at the top of my ptw list?

Other urls found in this thread:

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/新世紀エヴァンゲリオン#社会的影響
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just watch end of evanjellyn, the rest is meh.

it's very aesthetic and entertaining, a very good anime all around
but people often like to pretend that it is better than it actually is, just like they do with madoka
does it deserve all the hype it gets after all these years? probably not
should you watch it? definitely yes

They don't pretend, they genuinely love it. There's really nothing like it in the medium.

It's very good but I didn't think it was the greatest thing ever like a lot of people seem to.

it has its flaws
>plotholes (shinji would rather die in his eva suit than destroy another eva, this would never happen in real life)
>the fights and their pacing are extremely predictable and get tedious to watch after some time
>animation is very outdated by modern standarts
It's a very good anime, but it isn't as perfect as some people make it out to be

It's great and one of the best anime ever........ until the last 2 episodes. I honestly won't recommend you to watch it simply because of that. You'll get pissed off at the wasted potential the series had.

You waited too long
You won't enjoy it now
You are too old
You should have been told to watch it but you didn't watch it either because you were weak or because you were lazy

All you can do now is watch it so you can get references and understand what the hell people are talking about

Its probably for the best because it would have been too deep for you anyway

>this would never happen in real life
??? and how is this plothole

It's mediocre

You should at least it to understand its influence

>he didn't know who the person in the other eva was
>he was in danger for his own life
it's irrational not to fight back in a scenario like this
they made the scene play out the way it did because they wanted to push the narrative that shinji is a selfless coward who can't stand up for himself
a real life human in this situation would behave very differently

Sup Forums, should I watch anime or is it overrated chinese cartoons? Or should I rather kill you all?

Only 11 (and EoE) of it's 26 episodes are good. The quality of the rest ranges from average to garbage.

Evangelion is the most profound anime of all the time

>it's irrational not to fight back
This is exactly how Shinji works. He even explains his reasons after the direct question why don't you fight in that one and in the first episode. Later it helps him understand himself.

You don't value an anime because it ticks some specific statistic tags. If an anime has really strong elmenents that touch your heart and soul then you won't give a fuck about some minor flaws. If you meet a woman you fall in love with, you love them despite the flaws, not because they absolutely lack them.

Also most of your reasons aren't really flaws:
>shinji would rather die in his eva suit than destroy another eva, this would never happen in real life
Yes, such a thing as fear exists.
>the fights and their pacing are extremely predictable and get tedious to watch after some time
I never found it tedious at all. It's the longest show I'm able to marathon probably. Predictibility doesn't really matter that much, since then you could never rewatch shows. I also don't exactly know how you were able to predict things like a huge robot going berserk to the point of him starting devouring him, a 4 dimensional alien trapping an eva in a shadow or one of the angels leading Shinji to have a conversation with an image of himself. If those are predictable then every fight ever is predictable.
>animation is very outdated by modern standarts
Not really, it's still one of the best animated tv anime, some of the fights are still the best in the medium like Asuka's in EoE. On top of that it has amazing direction, editing, shot composition and the introspective sequences are some of the best visual sequences ever created.
>It's a very good anime, but it isn't as perfect as some people make it out to be
Perfect is an abstract and pretty much unapliccable concept in real life. I don't know if I've encountered any work of fiction that was "perfect" and I don't see why that would be necessary for me to enjoy it.

>animation is outdated
Who started this? There is literally nothing wrong with the animation

It is good and it is overrated. It is good at displaying child psychology and has has nice aesthetics, but don't listen to faggots who claim that it is the best anime ever or that it influenced future anime to some extent.

its mediocre garbage hailed as the second coming of christ by the cringy fandom. overrated to hell and back

I guess newfags can't into old cel animation

>or that it influenced future anime to some extent.
Name me one anime post 1990 that had more influence.

Sword Arts Online, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Sailor Moon, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin.

You don't know too much about the medium do you? All of those had an influence on specific genre, Eva did that and influence tv anime in general.

No it didn't.

Evangelion is one of the most influential and important anime ever made, but most people either have no idea what made it important or think that because they don't like it it must mean it's not an important anime (i.e. they are pathological narcissists who should be banned from the internet).

No it isn't.

Kill yourself.

Yeah, I know. Hearing truth is painful, but Eva's "influence" hasn't gone beyond references.

Ok, now you're just being biased. I would understand lack of knowledge, but if you were rational you would just look into it. Denying it without thinking just means you're being obsessively agaisnt Eva for some reason.

It's easy to deny, if you do not have any arguments to prove it's significance. You empty words have the the same wight as mine.

It's the second best anime series ever made. So, yes. Don't let any contrarian deceive you. It is a timeless masterpiece, kinda like Twin Peaks of anime.

You can just deny my arguments anyhow. I mean you could type in "evangelion anime influnce in google" and you'd see tons of articles on the subject. Wikipedia has a whole subsection on it with links to multiple sources, both internet articles and literature. The japanese wikipedia especially:
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/新世紀エヴァンゲリオン#社会的影響

It's a bullshit written by people who doesn't understand anime.

So you understand it, but japanese critics, researchers, producers, animators and directors don't?

Yes. Having a position of a director or whoever does't mean that he knows his shit. You can quote any statement and I will tell you why they are wrong.

I feel like you're going to put on a "I was just pretending to be retarded" any time now.

No, I just happened to be an genius, a superior man that can see the truth in every matter.

>I don't know if I've encountered any work of fiction that was "perfect" and I don't see why that would be necessary for me to enjoy it.

I can't agree with this enough

>I've seen more than 100 animes I'm something of an exert

Actually more than 2000. But you almost right.

If you've watched 2000 shows and genuinely can't see how Eva impacted the industry then you're totally blind.

there's already way too much remakes or whatever they are so i didn't bother watching anything of it
watch devilman instead

It's because I have watched 2000 anime I can see that all of you speak complete bullshit.

It was significant when it was airing, but if you try to watch it without nostalgia goggles today you would think it was shit.

Some fat white youtuber made a similar argument about ocarina of time. It was a ground-breaking game for its time, but if it shipped in 2018 it would be considered a clunky, terrible-looking POS.

It's good. Slightly overrated, maybe. Watch the movie.

I genuinely pity you, user.

>I don't know if I've encountered any work of fiction that was "perfect" and I don't see why that would be necessary for me to enjoy it.
>he doesn't have a waifu

I watched it for the first time a few years ago and it was perfectly fine.