Does anyone remember when Reinhard started showing signs of disease...

Does anyone remember when Reinhard started showing signs of disease? Was it before his meeting with Yang or does it occur directly after their meeting?

Around the time when Emil is introduced as a character he proclaims his hatred for Yang because his father was killed during the Battle of Astate. And so, when Reinhard and Yang meet, Emil shows up and serves tea to both, but shoots this disconcerting stare at Yang like he had poisoned the tea. Reinhard is the only one to have drank the tea at the time, and if his illness manifested directly after the meeting, then either Emil fucked up serving the "poisoned" tea to the right person. Or Emil blames both Yang and Reinhard for his father's death (they were both in command of their respective fleets)

If Emil also harbored hatred for Reinhard, then it's possible he ever so slightly poisoned Reinhard over the course of his time working as his personal attendant. You also have to remember that Emil was working to become a doctor and was feeding Reinhard, and so if the kid was poisoning Reinhard then he probably knew what he was doing to avoid detection.

If Reinhard started showing signs of illness before his meeting with Yang, then Emil just so happened to conveniently show up in time for that to happen. And the narrator (acting as a sort of historian retelling the events of the series) acts completely oblivious to the cause of Reinhard's death. If the series's historian doesn't know, then no one knew nor found out about what Emil was doing.

>Does anyone remember when Reinhard started showing signs of disease? Was it before his meeting with Yang or does it occur directly after their meeting?
Funny, Reinhard started to have problems with health the same episode Emil was appointed as his aide, but it happened before he was appointed. Or at least so I remember.

Good theory, but I'll guess we'll have to wait until someone translate the rest of the novels, I remember some dude who gave a tl;dr that the galaxy is in war again and Bittenfield dies. My guess that Kircheis's death pushed him to have unhiged habits.

I don't remember the exact episode/time frame he started showing signs of the disease, but regardless, Emil completely lacks a motive. In fact, he has more than just clear motives to not do it.

Still, a fun thing to speculate about. Do you guys remember him ever putting his own life on the line to protect Reinhard?

God, Wenli was such a jackass.
"The right to violate the rights of the people belongs to the people?" What bullshit. The majority have no right to violate any rights of the minority. Only an individual has the right to sacrifice his own rights. "The People" as a unit is retarded antshit.

Emil was just a weapon, it was Oberstein behind all of it. He probably provided Emil with "vitamins"

>I remember some dude who gave a tl;dr that the galaxy is in war again and Bittenfield dies
It was an epilogue of Chinese edition, and basically a fanfiction. Real novels are more or less the same as the show, save some small details

That is way more unlikely. You sure you understood Oberstein character?

So, the novels have just an abrupt ending?

One can imagine actual conspiracy theorists in this world saying these same things on their old computers.

He wanted a good leader who could replace rotten Goldenbaums. And at first Reinhard was perfect for this role. But with time Reinhard started to losing it, especially after Kircheis death. His whole plan of Operation Ragnarok was a needless bloodshed, and sometimes he acted like he is getting off at his endless attempts to make Yang We-Li to submit.
Oberstein decided that he has enough of this man and replaced him with much more levelheaded and benevolent Hilde.

It's not an abrupt in my eyes. Just open to interpretations

But the thing is, there was no one better to take the role of Kaisar at the time. We could argue over Reuental's but, again, his ambition was not in the clear. Not even Mittermeyer knew about it.
Plus the fact that the poison had to be taken over a period of time, it would make no sense for him to die in the end as a bait to protect the dying Reinhard, or to keep the conspiracy up even after Reinhard "got his shit together".
I see your point though.

Oberstein had no problems with bloodshed to further his agenda and he was opposed to Hilde marrying the kaiser and having more power. I also suspected poison when I watched the show but in the end I just don't see a motive for Oberstein doing it.

Oberstein was merely trying to prevent bloodshed due to "muh X" Yang and Reinhard had.

It would be pretty ironic if it was some cold or something that he picked up from the FPA, was there any sort of epidemic that took place on their side before the meeting?

>The majority have no right to violate any rights of the minority.
Anyone has any right as long as he has the power to enforce it. If anyone has rights at all, it's usually a majority because majorities tend to be a lot stronger than minorities.

>it's usually a majority because majorities tend to be a lot stronger than minorities.
Is this why the blacks got rekt past centuries right?

They mention from the beginning of his reign he kept"catching colds from being overworked" and I always thought Emil might be revealed to be poisoning him but in actuality it was he literally had developed an unknown degenerative disease that was terminal. The disease is to make him a mirror to Alexander the Great who he is based off that died a similar death.

Sure Oberstein disagreed with Reinhard on a tactical level but he never was opposed to the war itself. It's been a while since I watched it but I'm pretty sure it was his idea to let the royalists kidnap the young goldenbaum kaiser and form a government in exile so the empire would have a casus belli. He also let millions of empirial citizens get nuked during the civil war so his side could use their death as propaganda material.
Ultimately, killing Reinhard just because his ego caused a couple thousand more dead soldiers than neccesary when there's noone to replace him with is just dumb and not something Oberstein would have done. Hilde is too levelheaded and peacefull, she'd have seen through his sheming and either kicked him out or at least limit his powers. And if Reuental would have rebelled and made himself the new Kaiser Obersteins head would have been the first to roll.

Oberstein was a pragmatic and probably disliked a preventable massacre of potentially useful soldiers. Do you think he nuked Westerland just because he hated women and chlildren? No, he just thought 2 mln of dead bodies are better than 10 mln of bead bodies. Watching how Reinhard ignores reasonable plans of overtaiking FPA in favor of taking out Yang personally should be at very least irritating to him.

>it would make no sense for him to die in the end as a bait to protect the dying Reinhard
Oberstein just realised that is not needed anymore and took care of himself.

Well, Alex died due to partying too hard.

>usually

That's the keyword. If you are more than the other side, then you win. Just look at WWI and WWII.

>but I'm pretty sure it was his idea to let the royalists kidnap the young goldenbaum kaiser and form a government in exile so the empire would have a casus belli
No, it was originally Phezzani/maybe Terraists' plan, and Reinhard decided to play along

I know it was Phezzan that planed it originally, but it was Oberstein that found out about it and recommended to Reinhard to not stop them and use the situation as a reason to invade the alliance.

It would be even better if Yang personally gave him this cold airborne way. And anyone in FPA have immunity for this strain, but not so much in Empire, because of different environment

Makes sense but what about vaccines and stuff? People from the GE ran for the FPA when things went truly awry, hell this could mean Siegfried would pass the disease to Reinhard eariler.

I vaguely remember the books said that in their age cancer was defeated yet a simple cold was one of the most common causes of death. So maybe an amount of people in Galaxy is the reason it's impossible to make serums against different strains of cold.

Wtf? I was merely making the reasoning that due to the nature of FPA and GE, the former may have upped their medicine game while the latter is more homogenic in a way, but since a FPA has refugees from the former like Schonkopf, it wouldn't make much sense.

The fact that he died from syphilis is what I mean. Rather than the hero and conqueror dying in battle, they instead die unceremoniously to a disease that left then bed ridden.

They probably passed some unknown disease that wasn't known to Odin, you know, like when the new world was discovered and a lot of Aztecs got wiped out by the diseases their immune systems weren't used too.

But the GE is the old world tho.

I remember wondering something like this too when I was watching the show but then I let it go when the narrator didn't say anything. Interesting theory anyway.