What's the best anime soundtrack you can think of?

What's the best anime soundtrack you can think of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-nyFjfT2gv0
youtube.com/watch?v=btmSuNcxiIU
youtube.com/watch?v=HA1vhF87D7g
youtube.com/watch?v=LF1ek8uzHZo
youtube.com/watch?v=mKAP1BmRs3k
youtube.com/watch?v=xBX-3jwH6MM
youtube.com/watch?v=g7LygoBgdfA
youtube.com/watch?v=8RtKXlmIADI&list=PLJLJlbQ2v4_gc1xp9l7-awm2H7vOkRYVa
youtube.com/watch?v=RIl2ojkbEMQ&list=PL85BEF0B94468C800
youtu.be/2e0Cdi_TLY8
youtu.be/NLGchpHPXtg
youtube.com/watch?v=BeSbmS06k1k
youtube.com/watch?v=i-MAErg8q0w
youtube.com/watch?v=AeHxecfWIu8
youtube.com/watch?v=dOO_6qrH1d0
youtube.com/watch?v=bzayAwdP8eE
youtube.com/watch?v=EV6wPMuFXt0
youtube.com/watch?v=24GoHwX5uQg
youtube.com/watch?v=aVyWwFw99dc
youtube.com/watch?v=s5CFRQAR3og&t=11s
youtube.com/watch?v=UFfT9sxDKIo&t=2s
youtube.com/watch?v=S3fDuudxEZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=ytHjdArnPJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UkzvPeSkfWs
youtube.com/watch?v=QGgYSqT_S4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=KPxSS1zHWwQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cardfight Vanguard G's
youtube.com/watch?v=-nyFjfT2gv0

Space Dandy

Death note

Buster Machine no Tamashii is one of my all time favorites.
Bebop classics like The Egg and I, Spokey Dokey, and Waltz for Zizi, Tank, etc will always be relevant.
Space Dandy OST was worth it's weight in gold.
Celeb some Nujabes in there too.
Samurai Champloo OST was wild.
Komm Susser Tod, Eva opening, and Fly me to the Moon will always be good as well.

Kill la Kill

Panty and Stocking

+1 for Made in Abyss.
also, Shinsekai Yori

Utena

Monogatari OST would be the one I've listened to the most, I suppose

correct answer

Both S1 and S2 of Kekkai Sensen's OST.

obviosly

MiA was fantastic, one of the few OSTs I keep coming back to. Pic related is another fav. Just most things Yoko Kanno in general are good

This masterpiece

FMA 03

Madoka Magica.
youtube.com/watch?v=btmSuNcxiIU
youtube.com/watch?v=HA1vhF87D7g
youtube.com/watch?v=LF1ek8uzHZo

Pleb. Only 2-3 tracks were worth a shit.
ITT:
Space Dandy
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing
FMA:B and fuck faggots meme'ing about 03 having better OST, the only noteworthy track was Brothers and its two instrumental variations
Baccano!
Berserk - both 1997 and the movies
Break Blade
Kekkai Sensen
GITS - especially the movies
Gundam Unicorn
NHK ni Youkoso
Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Sora no Woto.
Both Horizon OST's.
Gargantia.

GOAT

I really don't understand what people saw in MiA OST. It's just average. Far from a masterpiece. Just like the anime.

Completely agree. There are so many anime with actually great soundtracks, I am really confused as to why people keep harping on MiA of all things.

>It's just average.
lmao
>Just like the anime.
LMAO.

I love this hyperbole from contrarians who don't understand how medians work.

they're the same retards who think a 7/10 means 'mediocre', and a 5/10 means 'bad'.

If 5 means mediocre, Made in Abyss is a solid 5/10

MiA has a lot of nice, relaxing BG songs and a few stand out songs. I don't know if I'd call it one of the bests, but I do find myself listening to it often.

No, it's a 7 or an 8.

Madoka probably has the best OST. So many perfect pieces of music in there that few other OST can even begin to match.

But it was objectively above average. There are dozens of anime every year that are animated like garbage, written like garbage, and noone cares about and will never remember.

Made in Abyss was obviously something special, whether or not you were personally fond of it.

It's not anime but Asuras Wrath OST is amazing

biased because i like jazz
youtube.com/watch?v=mKAP1BmRs3k

>mfw crucifixion

Legitimately one of the best albums of all time in general
>Itsuwari no Saisei
>Migawari no Shinyuu
>Komm, süsser Tod (M-10 Director's edit. version)
>Heisoku no Kakudai

sweaty ping pong girls

don't forget Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring.

Maybe not best soundtrack, but label is classy.

Inuyasha had an absolutely amazing soundtrack. By the end of the 167 episodes it got goofy because of how much they were reused and how you could predict what was gonna happen in a scene by the beginning of the musical cue but still great fucking music. All the OPs and EDs were solid too.

This or NHK.

It's not?

Angel's Egg

People only remember MiA because of the episode 10. Special my ass.

>People only remember MiA because of the episode 10.
Nonsense.

but the best and most memorable part of the show wasn't even in episode 10. 10 just sort of initiated that feeling of helplessness that was heavily foreshadowed and everyone knew was coming anyway.

the real reason Made in Abyss is memorable is its art, its animation, its direction, its OST, its worldbuilding, and the simple and fun, yet ominous and mysterious fantasy adventure.

it's okay to not like things, user. but don't pretend that MiA isn't a high quality show.

Kara no Kyoukai
youtube.com/watch?v=xBX-3jwH6MM

meant for:

>tfw made in abyss composer is a fucking aussie

How did a gaijin manage to get a job as a composer in the anime industry?, did he fucked someone's daughter and her dad gave him a job or what.

>Ctrl+F
>"Aria"
>0 results
Man, Sup Forums trully has become full of normalfags.

It's a video game so I wasn't sure if It counted

Honestly SAO, people like to shit on the anime for a lot of reasons, but never acknowledge how fucking good the OST is, almost all tracks from the first season are amazing.

>but the best and most memorable part of the show wasn't even in episode 10.
MiA it's well produced, I don't deny it, but, c'mon, episode 10 was the key for the fame. Before that, the anime was called snoozefest by many because of its lack of stakes, excess of exposition (worldbuilding? more like wordbuilding) and slow pace. But then:
> loli spitting blood?! oh my god! aoty! masterpiece! S E I N E N
By the end of this year no one else will remember. Just wait.

>Being this mad about Made in abyss

You know the sequence at the end of episode 8 was pretty good, and also episode 11-12-13 were even better that what happened at episode 10.

Aria, and Amanchu have the best soundtracks for sure. The OST alone is a legitimate reason to watch the anime first over reading the manga. I've been listening to the Aria OST's to relax for years now.

Honorable mentions for Monogatari, TTGL, Steins;gate and Welcome to the NHK (why does normie shit have the best music).

Strangely, I don't remember any tracks from this other than the opening.

MiA's good, like people said. You can kinda tell that the composer is a vidya composer, I enjoy the gamey sound of some tracks.

Anyway, I liked every soundtrack by Yasuharu Takanashi that I heard so far, especially Shiki. Shiki's basically carried by the music.

Taku Iwasaki is also incredible, but you can kinda draw parallels between his tracks and it seems a bit less impressive when you see the patterns. Like in Now and Then, Here and There, and Samurai X. Some stuff is too similar.

I also thought Monster had a great soundtrack, very elegant and atmospheric.

I'm not mad. And, again, despite the good intention of the production, in terms of characters, music and development, the series is just average. But after episode 10 people came to think it was bigger than that. Shit, just remember Re: Zero after the episode where Subaru has his head cut off.
> The new Evangelion.
Kids love gore.

Stop going to facebook user

Lots of good picks in this thread. I really love the OST for Girls und Panzer, the marching songs of all these different countries add so much character to the show.
Kekkai Sensen has like 3 of the greatest insert songs ever. Tortoise Knight gives me chills.

There was plenty of gore before Subaru got his head cut off. Go be retarded somewhere else.

Texhnolyze and Penguindrum are my favorite soundtracks in recent memory

>in terms of characters, music and development, the series is just average.
No, this isn't correct.

Sketchbook full color's

youtube.com/watch?v=g7LygoBgdfA
youtube.com/watch?v=8RtKXlmIADI&list=PLJLJlbQ2v4_gc1xp9l7-awm2H7vOkRYVa
youtube.com/watch?v=RIl2ojkbEMQ&list=PL85BEF0B94468C800

It's definitely up there.

Correct

The gaijins are taking over user, The guy doing VEG and Hakumei is fucking great.

> Ctrl + f
>Wolf's Rain
>0 results
I'm astonished that I'm still able to be taken by surprise for Sup Forums's horrible taste

He did the soundtrack for Under the Dog, that Kickstarter anime. He got connections into the industry through that.

Under the Dog got released in the end?

Although Koutetsujou no Kabaneri was a fucking trainwreck, it's a matter of fact that its soundtrack is glorious.
youtu.be/2e0Cdi_TLY8
youtu.be/NLGchpHPXtg

Yup.

Doki Doki suru!!~!

OP did say anime OST, not VN OST, but good choice anyways

>KDBDPEGI OF TNE IGON FOGTGESS

Gonna sound like a basic bitch, but Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo

the truth is here

Fuck me, I've only noticed. Here's a better one.

LOGH, NGE, Monster, Texhnolyze, Akira

>
I haven't watched Made in Abyss yet but there's no doubt I won't regret watching it due to the soundtrack alone. Also, kinda feel proud of myself noticing western vibes in it and then reading above that the composer isn't from Japan. Anyone else with me who notices the likely origin of the soundtracks from the get-go?
youtube.com/watch?v=BeSbmS06k1k

and KareKano

There surely is something even better, but this is the one I can think of right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=i-MAErg8q0w

Top taste

The OST in this movie was so fucking good.

youtube.com/watch?v=AeHxecfWIu8
youtube.com/watch?v=dOO_6qrH1d0
youtube.com/watch?v=bzayAwdP8eE

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Unicorn

This

youtube.com/watch?v=EV6wPMuFXt0

youtube.com/watch?v=24GoHwX5uQg

That (along with Zero&Madoka) was peak Kaijura.

youtube.com/watch?v=aVyWwFw99dc
youtube.com/watch?v=s5CFRQAR3og&t=11s
00 OST was godly.
youtube.com/watch?v=UFfT9sxDKIo&t=2s
youtube.com/watch?v=S3fDuudxEZ8
IBO OST was also surprisingly nice despite show being shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ytHjdArnPJQ

Blue Exorcist

youtube.com/watch?v=UkzvPeSkfWs

Yeah, but that episode was focused specifically on that. But keep thinking that what made MiA famous was the """great"""" characterization, the """"great""" OST and the """"great"""" worldbuilding if it makes you feel better.
Nah.
I don't have one.

>karekano
My brother from another mother

youtube.com/watch?v=QGgYSqT_S4Q

>arjuna
>macross +
>e s c a f l o w n e
>akira
>ghost in the shell (movie)

Honorable mention goes to Infinite Ryvius for the really cool instrumental hip hop and argento soma for the dramatic flamenco.

Samurai Champloo

Hell yeah, the only anime soundtracks I keep in my regular music library

youtube.com/watch?v=KPxSS1zHWwQ

This is probably the best song to ever come from an anime

K-On
Charlotte