Is this the ultimate edge the character?

Is this the ultimate edge the character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qm8cjr_gwBo
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4
youtube.com/watch?v=6uszJnThwts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hiei was good. A bit of an autist, but still good.

Hiei is the good kind of edge.

Considering his awful upbringing which include being tossed off a mountain at birth and being raised by demonic mountain bandits i'm impressed he isn't edgier.

Character I like = Good Edge

See

Not being an angsty little bitch = Good Edge

Was Hiei the origin of the whole muh sealed dragon chuuni skit?

The best kind of edgy, but not even close to being the edgiest one Togashi made
youtube.com/watch?v=Qm8cjr_gwBo

This. Most edgy characters bog down the story with too much tragedy but hiei is fun character.

there are way edgier character than him. also his edge was contained by the goofiness of the other characters. he was certainly a bit edgy, but his interaction with the other protags softened the edge a good deal.

Hi.

Fucking this, holy shit

He wasn't linkin park incarnate

It is the ultimate edge the character. It's edginess done right - he has good, believable dialogue and characterization and never once does he slow the series down - whenever the dragon comes out, shit 1. gets trippy and 2. ENDS. there's also some downright hilarious hiei interactions. You don't see the series spiral out of control for several arcs because of his issues, we don't get monologues of him whining about shit, and his character arc is wrapped up nicely.

Yeah. Though he worked because the protagonist just let him be instead of getting caught up in it and kicking off a dumb melodrama over it.

Also as weak as that final arc was, Hiei actually gets some nice focus in it and even chills out a little.

He's the original wish-fulfillment edgelord. Always hated him.

Worst edge character EVER written, prove me wrong.

How can you even hate Hiei? DDF was the coolest technique ever.

but he loves his sister and his friends

He was a good Vegeta, I liked him.

Nah, he's so edgy that it circles around to being entertaining when he goes maximum edge. Him getting bullied by Killer Bee or the 5 Kages was fun. Better protagonist than that series' actual protagonist (though it's pretty much agreed that all the most enjoyable parts of the series are when Naruto himself isn't the focus to be fair so it's probably less to do with Sasuke himself)

Kino Seeker or Kino Healer

He's just Vegeta but teenaged
the father of chuunis for sure

Kishi said eh created Sasuke because he had been influenced by Hiei. Sadly he is not as good as Togashi.

JAO ENSATSU KOKURYUHA!!!!

He might have been all dark and standoffish but I don't recall him ever getting super sad or angry like most edgy characters in anime. That was Yu Yu's and Cowabunga's job.

Which is saying something because Togashi's proven to only ever be able to write one great arc and a less-than-stellar everything else in his stories.

ye he's cool though

I think Nataku from Houshin Engi was more edgy.

>or the 5 Kages was fun

The fact that he came out of this one as anything but a smear on the wall just goes to show you how much plot armor he had.

There's really nothing Naruto did to even deserve comparison to Sasuke. Sasuke was an unlikable edgelord who received zero comeuppance.

He's a horrible protoganist because he has the emotional range of a one off character. Hiei is a literal side character, "edgy" as well, but is made more likable and rounded by the fact that he has more going for him than simmering anger and angst.

>There's really nothing Naruto did to even deserve comparison to Sasuke.
The entire series and all the characters in it turning to shit is something, surely? When Naruto fucks off the series suddenly becomes halfway decent, when both Naruto and Sasuke both fuck off you get the arcs everyone agrees are the best in the series.

When Naruto's there he acts as a black hole of character development and every character around him turns into an unlikable one-note idiot, it's not like he's likable on any level to make up for that either. Sasuke doesn't do this to quite the same extent (he himself just happens to be an unlikable one-note idiot) which is partly why he's a better protagonist. Again, that's not saying much.

>Sasuke doesn't do this to quite the same extent

Sasuke is the only character who does this. Naruto and Sakura, both of whom act liked beaten housewives, are at their worst when they're worrying about Sasuke who when not ruining characters acts as a blackhole for their screen time.

But given that Naruto only "fucks off" during Shippuden I can only imagine what your tastes are. The primary issue with Shippuden was its focus on Sasuke and the Uchiha to the exclusion of everything else with the sharingan having some of the worst, broken, and most asspulled powers in fiction.

Heard you wanted some edge.

>Sasuke is the only character who does this.
Sasuke disappears for almost half the series, so no. Other characters only get to do anything at all when Naruto's forcibly sidelined or removed from the events.

Even Sakura ended up being likable the one time when both of them fucked off, in the Sasori arc. Their both godawful characters, Sasuke's so bad that he ends up being entertaining at points whereas Naruto is just plain bad.

>But given that Naruto only "fucks off" during Shippuden I can only imagine what your tastes are.
All the parts of the Chuunin Exams people like, he's not the focus. All the parts of the Sound Four arc people like, he's not the focus either. Those two arc are considered the best parts of the series. Pain Arc went downhill as soon as he came back too.

The only good (if even that) characters in Naruto are the side-characters, you two are arguing over two different flavors of shit here.

>The subplot about Hiei and his sister searching for each other never really goes anywhere
What the hell man

That's what I'm saying, when they both aren't the focus the other characters actually get to do stuff. All I meant was that with Sasuke you at least get dopey meme shit like him getting mugged by a negro samurai fuck or Danzo's wild ride. With Naruto, you get him talking people to death (and Kishi is not a skilled enough writer to write inspirational dialogue either which doesn't help what he's trying to do in those scenes)

>Sasuke disappears for almost half the series

But is the central focus whenever Part II was at its worst.

>Pain Arc went downhill as soon as he came back too

Most people who like Pain Arc like Naruto vs Pain. It's the Kage Summit that's the point of no return.

>All the parts of the Chuunin Exams people like
Like Naruto vs Neji, Naruto vs Gaara, or Neji vs Hinata? Even Zabuza's final rampage was triggered by a speech from Naruto and his conversation with Haku only added depth.

>But is the central focus whenever Part II was at its worst.
Part II was almost consistently pretty bad whenever either Naruto or Sasuke were around.

>Most people who like Pain Arc like Naruto vs Pain.
False, they liked everything up to that point and how people were dropping dead left and right. Everything the series got praised for grinded to a half with Naruto's return.

>Like Naruto vs Neji, Naruto vs Gaara, or Neji vs Hinata?
No, like Rock Lee vs Gaara or even Shikamaru vs Temari. No one ever talks about the fights you mentioned.

>Even Zabuza's final rampage was triggered by a speech from Naruto and his conversation with Haku only added depth.
The only thing anyone ever remembers about that arc is how gay Zabuza and Haku were for each other.

>

youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

THIS EDGE IS TOO MUCH POWERFUL, PLIS LEAVE!!!

>Part II was almost consistently pretty bad

Was really all that needed to be said. Though it was far worse when it was Uchiha focused than when it was Naruto and friends vs the Akatsuki.

>False

Naruto vs Pain has over 2.4 million Youtube views.

>The only thing anyone ever remembers about that arc is how gay Zabuza and Haku were for each other.

Zabuza is the only Naruto arc held in almost unanimous high regard.

Chunin Exam is also seen as consistently good. And not just because of two fights.

This level of edge should be illegal at this day and time.

pretty much

Sasuke is Kurapika + Hiei but somehow worse than both

>"I am the darkest of days"
>...
>"Cuz if you're messing with me, I am a dangerous weapon"
>"I am the sharpest of blades, ..."
jesus christ, I can't take these edgy lyrics anymore!

youtube.com/watch?v=6uszJnThwts
>2:34
>I can taste you terror, child
>All that anxiety and doubt...
>It's delicious

OHHH NOOOO AAAAUUUUGGHBAAAHHSSSSHDKJHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

...an infinite level of edginess just destroyed this thread...

Forces was a mess but in a twisted way I respect Sonic Team for just going all in and actually making coldsteel.

Jesus.

>check if the game was made somewhere in early 2000's to somehow justify the edge
>it was made in 2017

What the FUCK were they thinking?

>dub

Not even close.

Altair.

Why doesn't Hiei have a lower jaw?

He doesn't have the chad genetics

Lol no!

Christ.

he had good fights considering you always expect him to lose eventually in the Dark Tournament for being so cocky

YYH's dub is considered way better than the sub by everyone

please try not to respond to baiting retards friend

No, he had shit fights because he always one in one fucking attack. It was in stark contrast to the other three cast members, who had actual thought put into their fight scenes. That's why Hiei is worst YYH.

Vegeta is the best edgy character.

This is the edge beyond edge.
I'll call it Super edge 3.

They already did that 10 years ago with Mephiles, and about 20 years ago with Shadow. I love how in the Shadow game you can unironically teleport behind Sonic and hit him with a katana

Shadow was never this level of edge. He was the reasonable "life is shit to me here's my tragic backstory" kinda edge.
Also he belonged to a different era of time when it was okay to be edgy. This however? there's no justification for that. I'm not into vidya, how was it received? please tell me it flopped.

>Shadow was never this level of edge.

>I'm going to destroy this damn planet
>I'm going to conquer the universe
>Prepare to die, Doctor! *karate chop*

The Shadow game is a fucking goldmine

Yeah he was edgy, but compared to THAT ?? Nothing.

ive never understood this Zabuza meme, I always tought it was the worst of the Part 1 arcs, why do people think its the best

I wouldn't say that, the main problem is how everyone reacted to him.

Maybe because it is you brainlet

Well, yeah that's pretty much how it works cause they have to be done in a realistic edgy way that doesn't offend you or break you from immersion with sudden twists of character. He isn't saucekay that just said sorry and was forgiven for all the bullshit he did and Hiei stuck by his twisted code of honor. Once you take a moment to go through Hiei's arc, it all aligned perfectly.

i've been posting yu yu hakusho in every relevant thread to get Sup Forums back on it for the past month. glad to see it's working.

I love my fashionable edge lords.

Killua started off as edgy but now he's just a faggot