Pre-2000's

Anime and manga from the old days.

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/1013988
youtube.com/watch?v=6fZhpGSUNZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Meimi is so rapeable

Reminder Berserk is a time loop story and it will end when Guts caves in and uses a Behelit. The Gods find him interesting and want to see how long he can withstand torture before he psychologically breaks.

I started on Daitarn 3. Maybe I am misremembering but this animation seems a lot stronger than Zambot 3, which came out just a year earlier. I also like chad MCs and that they mix things up with ground level fights, car chases, etc, so this show may be for me.

>ゲームカウント、六対四
I'm glad fansubs are dead.

Time loops were good for the first 25 times.

Sunrise in Zambot era had so few animators that Tomino himself did key animation.

I'm watching the 2005 adaptation of Glass Mask, it's good but mostly because the source material is fenomenal. Nothing special about the animation or direction here.
I'll start Nadia the Secret of Blue Water as soon as I finish.

A new Glass Mask would be ripe especially since it is ending soon. No idea which studio would work, Kyoani would be pretty cool I guess but I'm not sure if it is their type of material to work with but it would be nice seeing Yamada direct it.

How does Daitarn 3 compared to the rest of Tomino's non-Gundam shows. I was planning on Dunbine or Xabungle once I'm done with Hokuto no Ken.

It's going to be interesting seeing WHAT type of time loop Berserk ends up being if it is one.

Finished Ashita no Joe the other day. 10/10 masterpiece except for that ending. It made no sense. Throughout the show, we hear repeatedly that Joe would have nothing without boxing and that he owes it to Rikiishi to keep going, and then he just up and quits at the end? Bullshit. Do I have to watch the sequel for this to be explained, is it one of those shows?

Tomino's non-Gundam output is very erratic, every single show seems different from every other show with the only commonalities being his weird dialogue and the occasional everyone dies ending. I liked Daitarn more than Dunbine, L-Gaim and King Gainer, I'll say that.

Daitarn is hilarious. Beauty is best girl.

so it's really a commentary on the mangaka itself trying his very best to come up with new ways of torturing guts until he gives up and finally ends this shit for good.

Watch the sequel.

Nishioka Kyoudai are amazing artists.

Everything pre-2000 looks terrible and had shit and non-existent endings.

Whats the point?

>especially since it is ending soon
Hahaha, no it's not.

>I'm glad fansubs are dead.
why? not enough fat corporation dicks in your orifices?

Meimi is a cute, but finding raw scans of this is a pain in the ass

Whoever said that best girl loses at the end of Orange Road is a lying cocksucker

Is low 2000's ok? I'm about to get started on Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG

Neat

Will the Ace wo Nerea BD user deliver today like he said he would yesterday?

Life is full of disappointments.

Nah

Yes! It's 6am for me right now, but I want to get it up before I sleep. We just finished QC'ing the episode, just had to fix a few mistakes. Give it like an hour or so.

Thanks

I haven't read the manga, but I am pretty sure that a good chunck from the last third of the first anime is original, the sequel starts again from the Rikishi fight.

Isn't Glass Mask the one where the author joined a cult and stopped drawing?

I was wondering what happened to this, I saw this briefly mentioned in a pre-2000 thread ages ago. Got any screenshots for comparison?

Drop dead.

Just finished Gundam 0079. What the fuck even was that? The storytelling, characters, and animation was so fucking awful. I could barely tell what was going on in all of the poorly paced fight scenes half the time. Oh and what was with that gay faggot shit with Char and Amuro at the end? The fuck?

Instead of screenshots, go ahead and check out the first episode.nyaa.si/view/1013988
My friends and I have been working on this. I started transcribing and timing then recruited some help, did the encoding/muxing and TSing. Any critiques would be appreciated, especially because I love this series so much that I want the subs to be the best they can be.

nyaa.si/view/1013988
It's here.

>2 seeds
Fuck, I hope my shitty internet doesn't fail me now. I am grateful though

You're fine. I'm uploading to my seedbox while I seed for ya'll. Everything we upload will be on there in the end, too.

LEAVE MY DAUGHTER ALONE

Who here pinoy pride?

I have three very petty notes for you. Isn't Hiromi saying that she was late because she was on cleaning duty at 14:00? もうお掃除当番ですっかり遅くなちゃった unless I'm hearing it wrong.
Goemon's little basket should be labeled Goemon's territory or domain, not bed.
The part B chapter ends too late, it bleeds into the next episode preview.

youtube.com/watch?v=6fZhpGSUNZY

I'll take a look at it when I wake up.

We actually did have it as Goemon's territory at first, but changed it to bed later. Honestly, I forgot why since it's been so long, but it was after talking to some other fansubbers. It nip text does literally say domain/territory, but I think it was something to do with bed seeming more natural. Or something. I (most likely) won't be changing this part though, as I've already typeset way too many signs for it. Hope you don't mind too much.

As for chapters, wups. Will be fixed. All the later eps should be right on the frame, thought I did that for this ep too.

Thanks.

Why tho?

This is the first time I've watched the full version.

Does Sup Forums like M.D Geist?

The first one is entertaining, the sequel not so much apart from the ending.

LIVE!

You just have bad taste. And the animation wasn't good but I never had trouble telling what went on in the fights.

Anyone remember that 90s eroge where the character designs all ripped off popular anime? It had Meimi (whose name they didn't even bother changing) as well as girls from Eva, Rayearth and some others.

God damn, so much anime need proper remasters from their potato releases.

Has there ever been a man who had as good end as Mr Miracle?

Finds out he's not actually dying
His daughter saved the planet and he's also now ultra famous for his part in helping her
His dead wife has been re-incarnated into her 16 year old form

How do I into 0079 and Gundam as a whole? I think I'd really like gundam but I'm having a difficult time, there's something just very strange about the show. And is Ideon good?

Nice proportions.

It only ever got a VHS to DVD release IIRC. Same for RG Veda. Then again, they're both old and I doubt anyone has interest in them anymore. It's just too late.

It's fun but dumb. The song Merciless Soldier is clearly the highlight of it.

Please find it

What are some short (13 episodes or less) good series or OVAs that had proper development and closure? Something like Lodoss OVAs, where the story is set up and concluded, the main character actually hooks up with the love interest, etc

I recall there was a list somewhere of tracking the different BD remasters different anime were getting?

Gunbuster

You start in production order and whatever aired first.

wasn't Brave Soul was it? or is that much later?

Why can't people encode old anime correctly? I mean, look at this shit.

It's not in the right aspect ratio, they cropped the bars off and increased the video size from its original resolution into one of a standard anime.

Take the bars off and it's like almost 360p.

Season of the Sakura, I think

Post pre-2000 titties

Tomino has a light side and a dark side. The dark side is exemplified by shows like Zambot 3, Dunbine and Ideon. The light side by shows like Daitarn 3, Xabungle and King Gainer.

What the fuck, I hope not. It's been forty fucking years, she should get a move on and finish it.

Watched Project Ako... it's garbage but I kinda want to watch more.
Going to watch Gunbuster for now though.

Kasei Yakyoku

>Project A-Ko
>garbage

No taste.

El-Hazard: The Magnificent World

I don't know wtf was this plot, but visuals are gorgeous.

Seasons of the Sakura

Wasn't this the inspiration for Gurren Lagann?

It totally was.

Yeah, but the OVA is nothing like the manga and doesn't even adapt anything from it. It's an original story with the name Getter slapped on it and a bunch of references to it. Though it was really awesome.

MOTHERFUCKING PLASTIC LITTLE SON
damn, i remember jerking off to that when i rented it from Hollywood video
rip ADV Films advertisements at the beginning of the tape

Sorry bro.

Friendly reminder that all of the episodes are encoded/timed/TLed for Stop Hibari-kun! and Orphan-Subs just needs a translation checker to release the rest of the series. collectr.blogspot.com/

Attached: 1496398040376.jpg (720x480, 205K)

How long does it take for the show to pick up again after the first 3 episodes?

Holy fuck I don't have the disk space for Patlabor

MAKE ROOM NOW!

Attached: 1440178845352.webm (960x720, 901K)

Attached: 1451949534507.jpg (1174x1758, 203K)

What are some pre-2000 anime with qt robot girls?

What was his problem anyway?

Attached: 00745164.gif (320x240, 2.95M)

I love how the little eye movement at the end implies she's doing it on purpose. These days characters sperg out over touching hands,

started S1 of Lupin.

Fuji's tits are hilariously massive

Attached: Lupin III Series 1 - 01 - Is Lupin Burning [neo1024][720p][v2][8F0084B1].mkv_snapshot_03.33_[2018.03 (990x720, 171K)

>Ochoufujin was so nice to me today
>kicks cat off of bed
>I wish Otowa would leave me alone
>throws tennis racket at cat
>startling it
>Coach is being harder on me than ever
>grabs cat by neck and flings it at the wall
>I hope my school life becomes normal again
>holds cat's face to the ground and stomps on it repeatedly
>takes cat and ties it to chair
>begins throwing darts, knives, and trash at it
>twists its neck as it dies from blood loss

Attached: [ILA] Aim for the Ace! - 01.avi_snapshot_12.51_[2018.03.07_06.56.07].jpg (576x432, 40K)

I have Saint Tail in my backlog, is good? Right now im watching Master Keaton, Dominion Tank Police and Creamy Mami, all of them are excellent.

Attached: Zeh4Gyy.png (640x480, 367K)

One of my all time favorites. Enjoy, user.

Attached: Lupin III Series 1 - 01 - Is Lupin Burning.jpg (4452x4320, 1.51M)

Attached: Lupin III Series 1 - 01 - Is Lupin Burning [neo1024][720p][v2][8F0084B1].mkv_snapshot_04.21_[2018.03 (990x720, 138K)

What a crybaby

I was starting to wonder if I was the only western fan of Battle Athletes, watched the OVA and TV series on VHS as a kid.

Armitage will forever be my fave

Attached: armitage-iii-poly-matrix-mkv_snapshot_01-12-52_2011-10-12_00-37-43.jpg (704x384, 76K)

Masaaki Oosumi never hesitates to lewd Fujiko in his episodes.

Attached: Lupin III Series 1 - 06 - Rainy Afternoons Are Dangerous! [neo1024][1080p][v2][FE07B232].webm (1484x1080, 1.44M)

Zambot 3 BD release when?

also Lupin with silly faces.

Attached: Lupin III Series 1 - 01 - Is Lupin Burning [neo1024][720p][v2][8F0084B1].mkv_snapshot_11.50_[2018.03 (990x720, 195K)

It's a joke. Why are you acting butthurt?