Toji no Miko

Dropping feet first into hell.
my.mixtape.moe/dvihot.mp4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_FrOQC-zEog
youtu.be/QLL3MVki46U?t=19m19s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope the game will be as good as the anime.

Mihono's beauty, intellect, and absolute power will carry the game when it releases.

>169577847
>Not if you wanted a remotely satisfying story. We've just barely finished calming down from the inciting incident. Now's the time for rising action and the second act, not a finale. In fact, what we're dealing with now is almost a platonic example of what rising action looks like.

Well that's sort of the whole point. They didn't HAVE to try and write a satisfying story and it's an amazing surprise that they're trying too. This could have just as easily been some lame 12-13 episode seasonal crap to shill a phone game but they're putting actual effort into creating a real narrative. Yes as it stands we're nowhere near the real climax but any other show of this nature would be wrapping up about now.

Wait, there's a game?

Nene.

A fucking mobile game. Thanks for getting me excited for nothing.

What did you think it was going to be? A huge ass Devil May Cry style action game for the PS4? Quit being retarded

So you expect it to be mediocre-retarded?

This was fucking cool. So what's going to happen.
They beat Yukari giant monster form then we get twelve more episodes of SOL with all the girls even the game girls.
Yukari doesn't turn into a giant monster but gets a demon form but since being just created she is weak which makes her have to run to gain more power while also creating aradama Toji fusions to fill time for the next twelve episodes
Yukari cause the netherworld to come to the human world causing chaos that has to get fixed by going to certain shrines.

Well I imagine that even when they beat Yukari, Princess Monsterpants won't die right away.

The game's story is gonna be similar as the anime one for sure.

Who does this smug fucker he think he is, Ikari bloody Gendo?

Seems like it's pretty obvious the yukari/tagitsu arc is going to be wrapped by in 12 episodes

what do you think the 2nd cour is going to be about?

How is this show as good as it is?

Toji no Sensou(War).

That's only two more episodes, so I wouldn't be so sure. It wouldn't be the first time for the last battle to be put off for later, because reasons.

The production crew seems to actually care about it. Weird, I know.

It looks good but I fear it will be like Alice Gear, great production values ruined by shit gacha.

I feel like a decade ago this would've been one of the most popular shows of the season on Sup Forums. It feels so strange to see something that's doing what this show is doing as well as it is and yet sitting on virtually dead threads.

Well yeah, this isn't the place it used to be, a few years ago these threads would be filled with speculation and discussion alongside the need to fuck a Toji.

I can't believe Yomi is fucking dead.

Current Sup Forums is too busy with studio wars and shitposting to care.

Its a good thing this isn't that kind of anime because holy shit those were a lot of deathflags right there.

That ending was badass

>Its a good thing this isn't that kind of anime
Are you sure?

Only hags can die because the girls must stay intact for the mobage.

The mobage can either a parallel story or another timeline one.

youtube.com/watch?v=_FrOQC-zEog

A timeline where nothing went wrong and everything is as it should be. Kanami, Hiyoyon and the rest all met as friends at the good-natured tournament, hunt aradama and do cute miko things together.

It would be better if they had a little more budget for the animation, there hasn't been an amazing sakuga moment yet.

>no Mihono is sight
What did they mean by this?

I still really like the action scenes to be honest.

>just handing over your magic sword to some fags

Bakas. I'd go full Hiyoyon.

She was supposed to miss the first time right? We're pretending that was intentional and she looked cool, right?

>fancy twirly flourish
>then awkwardly misses the sheath and has to try again
God she's an edgy teenager incarnate.

>yfw Kanami dies and Mihono becomes the MC

Too busy being the real MC.

>nothin personnel, toji

That's how you do it. She didn't miss.

They probably have cheap mass produced shit unlike the main characters.

Yeah. I know it's technically lacking in the fluid, dynamic animation department but the CGI has been well-used and the camera work and choreography has been fantastic. I love the fact that clashes are fast and decisive and that we're frequently given lots of brief, intense skirmishes and tension between them rather than drawn out fights.

Sakuga doesn't really make an anime. If anything, they seem like a guest appearance than an actual point of comparison for quality. (I mean, random shows like Rakudai Kishi and Asterisk had sakuga appearances and it didn't help improve the story anyway.) And well, they seem to be trying out the possibility to merge 3DCG with 2D animation, just like the Episode 10 scene with Yume.

It's a cheap game advert. It's amazing that it's as good as it is already.

I was expecting Qualidea Code after that one episode.

It's largely thanks to the clever CG use but I'm pretty happy with this show's production, especially for 2 cour. The art and action are actually great

So whomever came up with it missed and we're all pretending it was intentional and cool.

>It's a cheap game advert

Not really. If that was the point, they'd have just used one of the cookie-cutter formats like tournament or monster-of-the-week that the setting would have facilitated perfectly and that do a great job of presenting a girl or two a week for otaku to roll gacha for without too much stakes or drama, and it definitely wouldn't have stretched the already-clearly-limited budget to two cours if someone didn't have a real burning desire to tell a particular story and not just advertise some cute girls.

A bigger budget doesn't net you a better (or less formulaic) story, user. Let Franxx stand as a testament to that. The more money there is in a project, the more corporate oversight breathes down the neck of the creative production.

Low-budget game advert anime are quite often pretty damn good, and it's because with little to no money invested in them and no expectations, the animation studio has an unusual amount of freedom to do whatever they want with the scenario.

Okatana 40k Episode 10 :

Possessed Champion Origami Yukari have been elevated to Daemon Princess. The combined forces from Minoseki,Heijou, Renpu, and Osafune Chapter have been sent on a deep strike mission with a drop pod from the Mokusa battle barge.

You watched retarded dragon girls too, didn't you?

>Low-budget game advert anime are quite often pretty damn good

This. Look at fucking Kemono Friends.

I can't wait for Alice Gear anime. It could become new Strike Witches.

I'm not sure if you misunderstood my post or I misunderstood yours, but I don't think we're actually disagreeing here.

My point is that the show and the creatives behind it clearly have a clear vision for what they want it to be that isn't just "get people to buy gacha and we get a paycheck", as evidenced by things like spreading their budget thin enough to double the usual episode count even if that made it less flashy and eyecatching, which I imagine someone must have begged the production committee for from a dogeza position before it was even considered.

Why are there so many good QUALITY shows this season?

Anime industry is overworked as fuck.

I wish this dork circus had better production.

Because an anime that both looked good and had a good story and characters would be unfair to others airing. You get one or the other.

Can you believe that more and more morons are starting to believe in the three episode rule less and less. I will admit that a cgi monster fight isn't the most appealing way to start your show but the show really got going with the next couple of episodes. Of all the 2 cours show this season Toji no miko is the best and if the first cour ends right it might be one of the best anime this season and maybe next.

Just hire more SEA slaves.

You're damn right.
Ange Vierge, too

I actually almost dropped Toji on the first episode because of the first scene, but I'm really glad I didn't. If Yuru Camp wasn't airing this season then this would easily be my AOTS.

Gotta disagree with you on that. Cygames does deliver some decent anime, but they also fuck up some. (Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul says hi.) And there are also shows that spectacularly fuck up, like Divine Gate.

It is a bit unfair, isn't it?

He's kind of wrong anyway. No anime producer is gonna specifically say they'll pay more for better animation, animation studios are expected to do their best regardless and the cash they get is always fixed. Good animation is about industry connections not ""budget""

Is it me or is Toji No Miko one of those anime were its artwork and animation gets worse with each episode?

Meh, it could be worse.

They're throwing at least $5 million into this franchise, that ain't cheap.

Chink holiday or something in Feb so almost all of them were absent.

That conversation isn't about animation, though.

It fluctuates, I wouldn't see it's solely a decline. There was that one really bad QUALITY episode and things got better after that.

>tfw Yomi's episode was the QUALITY one
she didn't deserve this

That's a reason why corporate oversight exists in the first place. It's not like the people investing in a show are determined to make the show shit or anything. Letting some director spew out his creative vision is a risk that will turn out awfully as often as it turns out well, and even the ones that are good often only appeal to a niche group. If you want to see a return on your investment, then you'd rather have a Franxx than risk a Divine Gate hoping for a FAG. And that's true regardless of how much money is being funneled into something, which is why it's more important that investors are aiming for returns through increased gatcha roles instead of BD sales for these mobage pseudo-original series.

This episode was terrible, so much standing around and talking about how they feel and what they want to do, and the quality was terrible.
It better be because they're saving the budget for the big fight obviously coming next episode.

This episode was great you fag

It's the opposite, especially with the CG direction.

Could the Colors defeat the Elite Guard?

They'll be brainwashed by Yukari into becoming the next gen Guards

>hurr plot buildup is boring, where's muh epic fights and battles
Fresh off the boat, from shonentown, kid?

Fortunately the concept is workable. The nips like their katanahs, the girls are cute, there's a possible market for costume design (especially in Yukari's attire), and the character designer also worked for Kancolle, which meant a fanbase link. I'm not really worried about corporate oversight unless this oversight becomes too apparent, and this often only manifests in hindsight.

The only thing I'm expecting here is a hyper-premium piece of merchandise in the form of actual replicas of the okatana used in the show.

actually this is quite popular on Sup Forums. Threads always hit bump limit and are made consecutively one after the other, and there's activity well after airing. The truly dead shows get like 1 thread on air day and radio silence afterwards

it's flopping in sales, but it's doing well on Sup Forums

A decade ago, Strike the Sayaka and Kemono Enemies would be worshipped.
2006~8 was the height of the urban fantasy boom, good old days of Shana and Index and so on.

the 3 episode rule has always been a "rule" used exclusively by newfags. Any seasoned watcher can tell if a show's going to be shit by the first episode, often within the first 10mins

What I'd do for another season of antimagic academy.

Colors would destroy the "elite" guards.

But Blue can't even beat a 3DS game.

It's all a scheme to make people realize that they can in fact have fun with shows even if they don't look like KyoAni movies all the time. It seems to be working fine with each show's core fanbases, but it's going to take a while until the general populace can understand this.

pacing's been slow as fuck since they got on the submarine and professor infodump walked into the picture. This episode was mostly a hype episode and had a good ending

that show was shit, and I actually watched it

The LN was great. Show was unfortunately rushed. Could've been a great urban fantasy.

So I wonder how the next episode is going to go, are they going to have a giant 6 vs 4 brawl against the elite guard like in the OP, or are they going to split up and it'll be more of an ascending the tower and fighting each midboss in succession type of thing.

People nowadays don't have enough of an attention span to give any show a chance to catch their interest, that and there's an awful lot of self-proclaimed animepros like .
Well it's their fucking loss. Don't forget to ignore them if they come back asking if _____ is worth watching.

>yume's going to die

h-hold me yumebros

My other worry is that S-Equipment is known for having a short effectiveness duration: 10 minutes, after which the boost wears off.

>Threads always hit bump limit and are made consecutively one after the other, and there's activity well after airing
That's not a sign of popularity, it's just a sign of /vg/ being present. Five autists can and do keep threads alive for weeks, especially when they view bump limit as some kind of goal to strive for rather than a sign that things have gone on long enough, but there's nothing worthwhile in them except for one thread on airing day, just like the other "dead shows."

How do you determine popularity then

>great urban fantasy.

You are legitimately new as shit if you follow the 3-episode rule. It's not about "catching interest." Not every show needs to start off with a bang. What the first episode DOES show is things like production values. Writing. Dialogue. Characterization. Pacing. Direction. Cliches. These basic, fundamental principles of storytelling are the cornerstone of any show no matter what the premise, plot, or hook is; and a show that's shit in the fundamentals is not going to magically improve in one cour.

so when we gonna get to rules of nature? or will we go through the winds of destruction first

youtu.be/QLL3MVki46U?t=19m19s that whole ending scene was straight out of MGR