Why the fuck do people think he survived?

Why the fuck do people think he survived?

He was in the movie that was made after the series ended. Are you that dumb?

>"Cowboy Bebop: The Movie is set between episodes 22 and 23 of the original series" - Wikipedia

Let the man rest in piece, he's been through enough

Because this isn't the first time he's been through this.

I, like everyone else who wasn't a moron, thought he had made peace with himself and died but then the director had to go and ruin that by saying that he survived.

Because Watanabe said so.

Because even Watanabe himself has stated that he has no idea whether Spike lived or not. It's up to the viewer; if you wanna think he died then that's fine, if you wanna think he lived then that's fine too.

Because they desperately cling to the hope that there will be more seasons and they think the only way for that to happen is for Spike to live.

I was okay with him being dead and felt it ended the series well.

Seriously what is Watanabe thinking? Bebop had the perfect thematic end - one of the most iconic death scenes ever. Even his fucking star lit out.

>Even his fucking star lit out.
I thought it was the star of vicious. If only one star went out then one of them died and if Vicious didn't then Spike failed his personal mission.

Eh, it’s not really a big deal. He wants to keep some of the ambiguity but the show heavily implies he’s dead.

It gives you a little leeway for whatever headcanon you want.

How does that make sense? What about the prophecy scene with Jet and the Injun shortly before - why would he infer Jet is wondering about Viscous?

It was clear that Vicious died and there was one star. Still though I agree, the ending is better if he dies.

Did Watanabe ever do something good again?

Space Dandy turned out well.

It's garbage though.

He said "It's up to interpretation." Don't spread lies.

In my mind he's dead. It was written so that he'd die. Everything up to that point, his actions and life, led to that moment. His dying was the act which set everything back in balance. The first time he didn't go with the flow and made a choice for himself, and it saved him entirely.

The idea that he survived is just wrong. He was a great character alive, and now he's a legend dead. Keep him dead.

Bebop.png

this

They take Watanabe's bait. Even the Dandy who looked like Spike wanted to die in Space Dandy.