Why are the Japanese so obsessed with their fantasy characters killing/becoming God?

Why are the Japanese so obsessed with their fantasy characters killing/becoming God?

It's cool.

What wrote.

Are you really so stupid that you need to ask?

Because gods are the most powerful beings in humanity's culture. Surpassing them is the ultimate power fantasy.

Killing Fuhrer king Bradley: 7 episodes

Killing Father with eye of God: 2 episodes

wow. great "adaption" .

Hidden disdain for the west introducing Christianity to their country.

Japs hate Christianity and by extension monotheism. Having their ebin protagonists BTFO God is their way of sticking it to them.

Heavy-handed writing. Nips can't really into sublety.

Because most of the time gods hate MUH NICHIJOU

Look at standard D&D settings like Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk. It's a pretty standard objective in pulp style fantasy.

because christian God isn't the same thing as "a god". Christiansoys just wanted to feel special and autistic stole the word for themselvs

Because god is dead and he shall remain dead because we have killed him

it's epik

don't forget FMA is shonen

Types of stories:
man v man
man v nature
man v god

Because they aren't cucks who just accept that God will fuck with them.

>Why are the Japanese so obsessed with their fantasy characters killing/becoming the highest position possible
gee I don't know user, is like the ones that self insert lack ambition irl and like their self insert to have it

>'Christiansoys'
It is funny that most Christians myself included, are fit and we have girlfriends, which I fuck regularly, while you are a sad person that hates God so much that your entire existence is pathetic. Reconsider, overcome, improve.

They literally have a pagan religion where sacrifices and rituals have to be preformed to dozens of gods through the year or they'll be fucked by weather/bad harvest/tsunami/volcano/locusts/tornados/earthquakes/flooding.

Because fuck God(christian)

Childhood is following gods.
Adulthood is wanting to surpass gods.

>I just wanted a normal daily life

You forgot man vs himself

You do realize King is a proper noun, right? Also Bradley's far better than Father, so it only makes sense to give him more episodes.

Because neither Shinto nor Buddhism feature an omnipotent deity, so the idea is to them exotic and novel.

You should be obsessed with killing God/YHWH/the Demiurge in order to break out of this material prison and ascend into the 2D realm

japs are polytheistic you moran

>because the Jewish God isn't the same thing as "a god". Oven-dodgers just wanted to feel Chosen and so autistically stole the word for themselves
Fixed it for you.

Absolute Kino

I really need to finish Dies Irae.

Post more examples if you're trying to make a point. Post something other than
>Madoka
>Fma
>School Days

YuYuYu?

>not befriending god in social media

man v god = man v man
dummy also where is man v himself
Go back to facebook

Because YHVH's a dick.

Man v himself is still man v man.

Because gods are like celestial dictators that control you with an iron fist.
Christians just haven't figured that out yet.

God is higher than man. It represents a challenge requiring transcendence from traditional forms of conflict for a man to resolve. A fight between two men can be solved with a gun or a knife, an external force, a fight between man and god can only be resolved by reaching into ones self and discovering their own inner strength. Also man v himself is still man v man.

Why would they oppose that? If anything, they’d love it.

The whole point of the Christian god is that he loves his creations so much that he lets them control their own lives.

And that's why their concept of God is usually weak fodder.
Meanwhile even Lucfier and Michael in DC would each flat out solo 95% of Japanese fiction, maybe 99% and the Presence outright beats 99.99999% of them, with Kami Tenchi being the only possible Stalemate

Why is Machina so fucking cool

Then why are the physics of this universe deterministic? That's what I call absolute control. You literally can't not obey.

>he says on a magic rock that we literally tricked into thinking with electricity
Science is a gift from God, what we do with it is our choice.

God is a western export to Japan

Christianity has a controversial history in Japan but a deep rooted history of its own to exploit

It's not iconoclasm, though. If the nips were, they'd have the emperor of japan as a final boss

You don't sound very Christian to me, probably just a cultural Christian.

I'm not sure what that means and am confident it has nothing to do with what I just said.

At least they worship nature and not just some guy on a stick.

Computers, genius.

I want to rape him.

why is america fellating every single superhero in congo-line fashion?

What do computers have to do with free will?

Their god died in ww2?

The laws of the universe only exist as a framework for creation. What we do with them and in what ways we see them as limitations is entirely up to us.

Wut?

Oh yes, because worshiping the mossy rock of good harvest makes much more sense.

The emperor was living divinity, when he renounced this, their god essentially died.

The laws of nature exist as an absolute authority dictating the exact actions of everything in the universe at all times forever. Nothing is up to you. You have no control. The laws of nature control you. They operate you like a puppet and feed lies into your brain about being free.

The emperor never denounced his living divinity , just his governmental control over the people of Japan. Kind of like how the queen of England allows parliment to set laws and regulations for her kingdom but officially she still has the divine right to rule (she technically still has to grant royal ascent but it's pretty much a rubber stamp at this point).

This shit is even chuunier than Fate

No it's not. Man v himself is an internal struggle, you go against yourself, not something else. And man v god goes under man v man. Unless the god you're talking about isn't a being, it's man v man. Man v man isn't just two people. This is middle school English, also there's man v society.

And you made the choice to accept that fact within those rules. You just as easily could have decided they have no control of over you, and that man's advancement constantly erodes nature's rule.

>t. postmodernist
Go back to having suicidal thoughts.

I made no choice at all. I was puppeted to this moment by the laws of nature to tell you the truth. I had no choice.

You have the choice to kill yourself, why don't you do that right now?

>This shit is even chuunier than Fate
I am 90% certain that someone said "Nothing could be chuunier than fate" and Masada just took that as a challenge when writing Dies Irae.

Implying I stopped.

>i love you so do what you want but don't masturbate tee hee

They're just less subtle about it. Pretty much every super hero movie is a jesus allegory

>Japs trying to emulate what Nietzsche did decades ago

The point is you have a choice.

Nietzche was a fag who screamed at a horse and died and then let his ideology destroy europe.

You're really not getting this are you.

>he says, choicing to be angry

Not even remotely true. See: Basically every super hero movie that doesn't have superman in it.

Actually you don't, you're either with him or against him.
Christianis, Judaism and Islamism don't have true freedom of choice.

You wish your shitposting had as much impact on the world

Consider that premarital sex is a sin. Enjoy burning in hell, christfag.

What is this? This is what I imagine when some retard starts spouting muh edge.

But you have the choice to.be with or against.

Ancient proverb: If you meet the buddha on the road, Kill him.

What the fuck did I just read

>control their own lives
>obey me or suffer in agony forever

>create somebody with "choice" while having full knowledge of everything they'll do until they die
>punish them for the things you knew they were going to do before you even made them
lamo

Ignoring the fact that "free will" probably doesn't even exist if the laws of physics are anything to go by, you really don't

Makes sense, and for the "why kill God", they have you fight their own gods plenty.

Being a Christian is akin to admitting you have a tulpa. It's embarrassing and implies serious mental illness, or at least extreme immaturity.

Y'all need to watch pic related

You need to follow the advice of the title

Sure. Brainlets like you usually the loudest

is the vn worth a playthrough?

Yes.

Is he standing on top of her?

>you usually the loudest
this is why I made that suggestion

Become God
Make all your besties from before you were a God Gods themselves
Some shitty manlet God shows up and ruins everything

Why's Yato gotta have such a raw fuckin deal?