Why is this anime selling so poorly even though it's so good?

Why is this anime selling so poorly even though it's so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/960802195401728000
myanimelist.net/news/53990827
myanimelist.net/news/54217114
mangamag.fr/actualite/actualite-manga/top-50-oricon-ventes-hebdomadaires-de-mangas-japon-19-25-fevrier-2018/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Too much cuckoldry.

>implying it's so good

People with good taste in anime don't buy anime.

How the fuck did he imply? He outright said "it's so good." Are you mentally retarded?

I never learned or understood this

How can an anime "sell" before its even over?

Do people really pre-order a dvd of a show before its even over or even 3 episodes in?

How can an anime sell?

>tripfag
>retarded
What a surprise

No, but you must be mentally retarded to think this trash is "so good"

What is this anime about? Is it really about cuckoldry?

Its good but those unqualified for a job are pirating it. Only a small percentahe of viewers have paid to do so.

Because it's shit.

Pretty much,

It's already on sale?

>[HorribleSubs] Darling in the FranXX - 09 [720p].mkv

It's pretty bad, user. Watch more anime.

Cause the manga is the true medium and the sales shows. It's also more advertise than the anime version which shows it's the true main product.
twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/960802195401728000

Darling in the Kiznaiver

>even though it's so good?

That's not the correct sales number.

Maybe it's bad and the concept of Trigger making anything decent after Inferno Cop was just a meme.

The gays are mad is not pandering to their disgusting lifestyle so they are messing with it spreading lies ect

Um, it is?

Not when that tweet was made, it had only sold 50k at that time.
myanimelist.net/news/53990827

It stopped ranking at 130k
myanimelist.net/news/54217114

not enough cuckoldry

>mal
Fuck off

It's using Oricon as its source, still better than your tweet with no citations whatsoever.

Is this the new excuse for shitshows flopping? The gay boogieman did it?

Hit me with a dose.

>Daahrin'~ in the Franxx
>good
It has been 3 episodes already and the story has barely moved since Hiro asspulled his victory in the battle against cancer to stay as 02's partner. I was expecting conflict with the nines, Papa and the adults, not this cookie-cutter SoL antics and NTR teasing.

I'm not saying that the series had potential at the start, but it now seems that they ran out of ideas, and are filling the series with meaningless shit just to justify the lack of plot.

this is proof the anime industry and japanese society as a whole need to fuck off with this "pretending to work" and "nail that sticks out gets hammered back in" garbage. not saying everyone needs to not be critical, but fucks sake, maybe if these things were re-evaluated, there wouldn't be 3 fucking slice of life episodes in a row with fucking NOTHING added to anything in a 2 cour fucking series. this shit is at episode 9, and not even the slightest fucking plot or character details have happened in these past 3 fucking episodes. it's absolutely fucking infuriating this is the best anime only japs can do with this shit

Attached: 1519705876745.jpg (1122x1152, 646K)

>Grand Crevasse
Hiro got tasked but I guess Papa just forgot to tell anyone.
>the nines
literally vanished?? where the fuck did they go?
>receding tumor mystery
STILL unanswered.

I'm so glad we got three episodes to tell us that Mitsuru is cucking fatty, 02 wants to be human, the previous squad died, Goro loves Ichigo, and Ichigo loves Hiro.

don't forgot a fucking animation inconsistency. you can tell they really care.

Attached: THECLOCKTAPE.webm (852x480, 363K)

When the average viewer of this show has only seen 10 anime it's not hard to think it's "good"

Thanks, doc.

Thanks, doc.

Source? Where did you get the numbers from?

***,323位/***,296位 (**1,935 pt) [*,**0予約] 2018/04/04 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン 1 (第1巻のみ特典:L版ブロマイド + 全巻購入特典:「LPサイズディスク収納ケース」引換シリアルコード付) [ VIOLET EVERGARDEN ] [Blu-ray]
***,338位/***,331位 (**1,396 pt) [*,**1予約] 2018/04/04 ヴァイオレット・エヴァーガーデン1 [Blu-ray]

**1,144位/**1,465位 (**1,239 pt) [*,*14予約] 2018/04/25 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ダーリン・イン・ザ・フランキス 1(メーカー特典:「線画A3ポスター」「田中将賀描きおろし複製色紙」付)(1~4巻連動購入特典:「描き下ろしB1布ポスター」&全巻連動購入特典:「描き下ろし全巻収納ボックス」引換シリアルコード付)(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]
**2,806位/**2,327位 (***,790 pt) [*,*16予約] 2018/04/25 ダーリン・イン・ザ・フランキス 1(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]

Franxx with all the shilling power of Aniplex, A1 and Trigger combined can't beat VEG, this is honestly pretty sad.

Because the Reddit, the Dragon Ball retards and those Discord shitheads spamming this anime, don't pay for anime and just pirate everything off of nyaa, passthepopcorn and animebytes.

This is why Gundam fans say IBO is bad, same problems.

thanks doc

I finally have a character to post in the Characters who are literally you threads Unless things actually work out between him and Ichigo. I've never won in a love triangle/square

Attached: DVOoYbKXkAEwR0a.jpg (1070x1070, 77K)

The cuckoldry is the best part. Or, was. This episode sort of killed off the chance of more Ichigo bullying in the future.

It too uses Oricon and look at this
mangamag.fr/actualite/actualite-manga/top-50-oricon-ventes-hebdomadaires-de-mangas-japon-19-25-fevrier-2018/

The Japanese are actually buying anime? Like, paying for it? Fucking madmen?

>it's so good
It ain't. It's shit, and Ichigo is the main culprit.

>muh sales
If you think that's embarrassing, take a look at how the so called "Kyoani Magnus opus" is still selling less compared to a Fate cooking show that releases ONE episode per month, and a cute girls camping adaptation made by a literally who studio.

VEGfags have nothing to boast about their sales, when both shows are equally flopping

I swear it's the same shit with these types of mecha teenager dramafest shows, newfags and crossboarders think they're good.

But when it inevitably goes to shit as 95% of them do, they pretend that they were just "memeing" or just wanted to be part of the "ride"

Aldnoah zero, Guilty crown, Valvrave, Cross Ange, and now FranXX. All of them generated the same amount cancer that plagues Sup Forums till now.

Attached: 64564869489.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

This. It's all Ichigo's fault.

Thanks for proving me right I guess?

Attached: Capture1.jpg (341x57, 11K)

how did you like the cockpit eject asspull?

You'll be singing a different tune when Goro gets with the strawberry.

See you shitposters next week.

>#1 most followed show in bilibili of all time
>average 700k paid views per episode
>Netflix bux
>flopping

Whatever makes you sleep at night, sweetheart.

Only VVV was cancer, the other pre-Fanxx stuff was solid

I won't because I just don't care about this awful subplot that is still going on at this point. Just kill one. Kill both. Get them together. Anything. Something. Let it end oh please god let it end. So we can move on.

Look at the total sales again.
>129.262

There is no NTR shit there

>Aqua posting
Ironic.

>cockpit eject asspull
>we're at the point where a standard mech/plane feature is an asspull

Attached: 1519037995767.png (960x540, 361K)

Are you even following the discussion? Here's a summary for your retarded ass

>You claim it has sold 150k, post a tweet made feb 6th
>I provide accurate numbers
>The week that the tweet was made it had only sold 50k, and it stopped ranking at 130k

remember in episode 6 when the experienced squad leader ran out of gas and then was about to die?
if only he had an eject button to at least save his partner.

hey that's funny how come only the pistil gets to be ejected? you'd think it might as well be both right? weird. almost like they wanted Goro to be trapped by himself to create a plot point.

>hey that's funny how come only the pistil gets to be ejected?
Because men are disposable.

>so good
Son you have shit taste.

Attached: 1485256550494.gif (161x169, 321K)

they're all equally disposable. Naomi was outputting just fine but they just told her to fuck off because she's disposable.

>by-the-numbers mecha drama with mediocre waifubait
>so good

babbys first anime season?

Well, I'm assuming that since the P13 FranXX are custom, the current pistils are more needed. Kind of like how unit 01 mattered more than Shinji in the Lelial episode.

It's the same plebian market that rejected Rokka no Yuusha, of course good shows have no chance there. What did you expect?

>eject the pistil from the custom because they're needed for the custom
9/10 times you eject because the franxx is going to blow up or something.

Well, the FranXX did kind of blow up, but Ichigo probably would be crippled if she took that blow while piloting.

Why do you care about sales if you like the show?

Even someone as dumb as aqua could tell this show is bad.

Attached: aqua_cute.png (813x455, 388K)

Don't you mean; why is it so popular; even though it sucks? That'll help answer your initial question on sales.

>it's so good
Are we watching the same anime? It's utter derivative trash.

Dumb fucking aqua poster.

Because it's not.

>people saying it's not good
it's better than VEG by far

Why do people still obsess over amazon numbers when all these other metrics exist? Honest question.

people don't want to believe that Chinese streaming is important

I don't know about anyone else, but the show is boring me to tears.
I came for the giant robot fights and got teenage relationship drama.
I have to suppress the urge to vomit every time I see more dumb filler or padding when we're already 9 fucking episodes into the show.

Nice bait

It's not hard to be better than the adaptation of the post-war mary sue soap drama written by a woman who has no fucking idea how to portray the war or anything related to it.

I don't think amazon sales are a good metric. I would like to know what people in Japan are thinking about Darling, but sadly we only know of 2ch autists opinions, and they have awful taste.

Attached: darling weg.jpg (1400x500, 533K)

So it's another re:creators. Popular waifubait that fizzles out fast.

Cause it's becoming really trash. It peaked in episode 5 and it's all downhill from then onwards.

user is just mad, his show didn't get on Netflix because of it meeeh, other people have shit taste.

Attached: 8cb4a6d89e60c5b639b98db8d52bc87a1433799265_full.png (494x468, 158K)

dvd sales literally mean nothing
20 years ago they would, but not in this day and age

Too little action and the characters are boring

When's the dying going to start?

Attached: 1516995197705.jpg (2124x1500, 1.97M)

>MFW people think that it,s a mecha anime when it's actually a coming to age anime

Attached: 1495834975870.gif (510x510, 690K)

ahahahaha

So it was written by woman? That explain the "daughter to lover" thing.

The nonstop Ichigo cuckoldry might have a tiny impact on that

I miss the Valvrave days, the rape episode was one of the funniest things I've seen on Sup Forums, can't believe it's been 5 years

Attached: 1518715867001.jpg (246x200, 9K)

Yes, and apparently it's her first work. Which is extremely obvious.

>Good