How would you feel if they decided to relaunch the first generation of Yugioh (Duelist Kingdom/Battle City/Pharaoh's...

How would you feel if they decided to relaunch the first generation of Yugioh (Duelist Kingdom/Battle City/Pharaoh's Arc) with updated animation, use of xyz/synchro, updated deck with retrain, and some subtle changes based on the manga? Would you watch it, and what else would you add to this?

Attached: Seto Kaiba.jpg (590x900, 412K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xOJr1dTPSis&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is Seto Kaiba the greatest character in history?

Attached: kaiba doing kaiba things.jpg (634x476, 73K)

Do you even need to ask?

Attached: 1440231787827.gif (230x173, 1.67M)

I'd like it. However I'd prefer more canon sequel movies like DSOD instead of a series

KINO
youtube.com/watch?v=xOJr1dTPSis&feature=youtu.be

I'd prefer more of season zero. Just drop the card game and never mention it again.

No XYZ/Synchro.
With Season 0 and updated animation.
All battles are with normal rules and no "I'll stab the moon" asspulls.

Bring back kaiba.
Don't give a shit about what he'll do, just bring him back.
I need the autism king in my life

They should adapt the first arc of the manga and add one of two duels in the middle to avoid any complaint. After that they would just need to adapt the rest of the manga.
DSOD did a fine job with the new duels and they didn't even used the other mechanics.

I fucking love Ishizu's reaction when Kaiba sacrifice her god for his dragon waifu card. This is like blasphemy in so many levels.

Attached: autism beat magic.jpg (720x540, 107K)

>turns his fathers weapons company into a gaming and toy corporation
>revolutionizes technology in ways never seen before, invents hologram technology, virtual reality, and other crazy shit all to enhance a card game to ensure no other game could ever compete with it in quality
>singlehandedly surpasses capitalism, religion, and nationalism by turning the entire world into a meritocracy decided solely by dueling skill, effectively ending all wars and probably world hunger too
>teaches aliens and universal entities about card games so that instead of using their godlike powers to conquer earth, they challenge us to duels instead, (and lose because Kaiba's Duel Academy ensures that all duelists play at an elite level)

Pegasus may have invented it and Yugi may have been the champion, but Kaiba is the most important figure in Yugioh.

Attached: the kaiba revolution.jpg (1929x2431, 3.18M)

It's just not the same without the sound.

No 'cause they probably woldn't be able to make it look as good

Attached: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - 140 - The Immortal Wall - God Slime.mkv_snapshot_09.39_[2017.09.20_17.31.0 (710x540, 202K)

>and other crazy shit all to enhance a card game to ensure no other game could ever compete with it in quality
Imagine an alternate timeline where he does this, but with another game, like DnD

I want to see Kaiba fuck Mokuba

Attached: 71c018f1.jpg (1400x1400, 190K)

Dear God would they even survive that? What if he did it for Warhammer 40k?

Attached: the_iconostasis_by_d1sarmon1a-d8rdjrk (1).jpg (1380x915, 1.01M)

>second-to-last panel
>Rex and Weevil still hang out together after all these years
That's cute

I'd rather they just adapt the original manga.

>Kaiba is the Emperor, altering reality so that his game can become truth itself
AT LAST I TRULY SEE

Synchro/XYZ make no aesthetic sense in DM. Synchros were tied to the lore of 5D's and don't fit thematically outside of that context. XYZ are just a shitty gimmick.
Tributes, at least, had some roots in MTG and fit with the idea of ancient Egyptian rituals.
Retrains are a terrible idea. There's too many effects in the newer anime and the TCG itself. Most of the episode is explaining the bullshit card effects.
Go back to normal monsters and trap/spell focused duels, instead of effect monster spam.

>Imagine an alternate timeline where he does this, but with another game, like DnD

You've just described Overlord.

Overlord is shit and Kaiba already made a better MMO game.

Attached: Princess_Adena.jpg (1022x766, 184K)

>there are """"""people""""" who think Jack Atlas is the better rival

But then how would Konami promot, I mean, how would Kaiba use all other version of his waifu card?

Attached: BlueEyesChaosMAXDragon-MVP1-EN-GUR-1E.png (477x695, 840K)

Attached: Kaiba.Mokuba.full.1951284.jpg (566x800, 237K)

Manga > Dark Dimension movie

Is this the final combo?

DsoD showed you can have cards with crazy effects and 8000 lifepoint duels and still be good. You just don't have to literally read out every word on a card unless absolutely necessary. Kaiba summoned Chaos Max but he didn't narrate the whole blasted card.

Yugioh is a story about a kid awaking a long time lost pharaoh's soul and the adventures the two have, unearthing ancient secrets of the long forgotten mythical era. The said pharaoh defends the child from evil, as the dormant forces of darkness return to consume the decaying, godless world. At the same time, reincarnated into a new body, said pharaoh's greatest servant and successor highjacks the archeological discovery of ancient mythical games and makes them popular over the whole world. Virtuous to the very end, he stays celibate, not breaking the bond with his wife from his previous life. Wife who is literally incarnated into his favorite Blue Eyes monster card. As evil gets banished, Atem is redeemed and allowed to pass into the afterlife.
Not content with being separated from his most beloved rival, the priest Seto continues reshaping the world in his own image. He ends decadent modern war, replacing it with monster battles. This creates a new dueling aristocracy with him as the pharaoh ("CEO") at the top of the world. Furthermore, he finds a way to create a tech-magic synergy and tap into the memories and collective unconsciousness of the whole world in order to make myth real. To top it all off, by pure willpower and backing of the whole world's wealth and power behind him, Seto breaks thru reality and walks into the Egyptian afterlife to fulfill his destiny as pharaoh's eternal rival.

In summation, Yugioh is a story of Egyptian royalty returning to reshape the modern world. From democracy to a technological monarchy; from equality to a new aristocracy; from promiscuous sex to eternal faithfulness and virtue; from materialistic reductionism to myths that become reality. It is a tale of a bromance that transcends dimension thru heroics.
Yugioh is Evolian in its scope.

Attached: Julius Evola.jpg (400x500, 41K)

I always wonder what would happen if the Blue Eye White Dragon was incarnated as a japanese teenage girl instead of a children trading card and how much this would diverge from Seto's path to the future.

He'd send teenage girls in a satellite to make first contact with aliens

They should make an episodic show about Kaiba travelling the world and solving mysteries by dueling

He'd be cloning perfect women with no genetic defects for every man to get as a designated waifu.

Good plan desu

where's the money in that?

DSoD was garbage with that. I rather have long card readouts than "lol I win"

DnD ripoff, but we seen how this fail like 3 times now

Attached: Toei027.jpg (240x180, 21K)

he looks like a jackass.

Would watch it just from more updated Anzu.

Nobody cares about Anzu.

Why would anyone care for a girl that going to get blacked hundred times a day in New York City? Rebecca is better.

>use of xyz/synchro
No, fuck you.

If they include actual hilariously broken tournament decks, it should be great.

>turn one yugi fills his board with pendulum magicians
>kaiba raigeki's
>yugi goes to negate
>kaiba ash blossoms

Only if my very specific niche gay ship becomes canon.

>very specific niche gay ship
Please share, user.

Honda and the two Bakuras.

>Best girl has no chance because she's a filler loli
It's not fair

Attached: 1490655176027.jpg (480x360, 20K)

On another note, Honda and Malik could be made interesting.
Or Kaiba and the two Bakuras.

I'd be down for any of these.

Attached: 1258086943007.jpg (480x640, 70K)

The anime would have to resort to even bigger asspuls in order to make the plot work
Yes

Probably has about the same chance of any straight ship becoming canon

Christ, older Mokuba looks like an office lady

Didn't one of the ending had that happening involving handholding?

Well I like Jack's relationship with Yusei and character arc more than Kaiba's relationship with Yugi and Atem but I like his character arc as much as Jack's. Both are fuck in different ways. I just happen to like Jack more for some reason.

Why watch Yugioh when you can watch a completely normal card game anime like Vanguard

Attached: Cardfight Vanguard is a Normal Anime about Card Games.webm (852x480, 2.89M)

The Toei anime would have been better without Miho. Fuck her.

This. Unironically.

I understand that yugioh is know for its retardness in terms of hairstyles, but that red hair chick(male) just takes it to a new level. This is not even funny-retarded, its just plain stupid.

Attached: 1520179532364.jpg (1321x1321, 196K)

If it's any consolation, everyone has taken jabs at his hair in series. Hell, they've called him "that swirly haired guy" repeatedly

>updated animation
Sure.

>use of xyz/synchro, updated deck with retrain
No.

>subtle changes based on the manga
It depends on what those changes are.

>Would you watch it
I would say yes, but I'm not watching the new CCS, and I loved that show.

>what else would you add to this?
Duel Monsters is really lacking in waifu material. We're gonna make Rebecca canon and win some meaningful duels and do more Tea fan service. We're gonna make Serenity cuter and Mai actually hot and have a better story.

We gotta re-write the first season to have better duels too.

Also would consider expanding the final season to include the arc they kept teasing throughout the series where Seto tries to become pharaoh. Not sure if that's necessary though, because at that point in the series, we already get it and don't really need to see it again.

There's really not much to change about Duel Monsters. A lot of the ideas in it were fucking gold.

I would appreciate it if they made a YuGiOh adaptation that made any attempt to be faithful to the manga at all.

Xyz summon is cancer....

Pendulum summon is aids...