Madoka Magica

It has been 7 years since that faithful tsunami.

Attached: homura.jpg (1920x1080, 781K)

Time flies
Meanwhile this is getting a 3rd season after 7 years

Attached: 27500681_1999421363606095_3977738667456493859_o.jpg (1449x2000, 333K)

And Homu hasn't done anything wrong.

Raildex is one of my favorites but i would still prefer more Madoka, i'm happy that one of them got a new season at least.

Well it got some movies atleast
Going to be sweet seeing Raildex making a return after so many years

Attached: 27503235_1999421483606083_1190712630451654947_o.jpg (2048x1354, 328K)

>seven years
I want to die

>2011+7
>still havent started working out

Attached: 1518140551717.jpg (1635x2999, 1.46M)

Still the greatest anime ever created. Contr/a/rians will disagree, though.

Concept movie project never

Attached: image.jpg (787x591, 96K)

7 years and some "people" still think Homura was in the wrong.

I'm already dead.

>My waifu is right because I say so!

Yes, we do still think she was in the wrong.

>Anyone who disagrees with me is a contrarian!

She gave everyone a happy ending except for Kyubey and possibly herself. How was that wrong?

I was being ironic with the second sentence. But, I do unironically believe that this anime is the best of the currenty century, at least.

>faithful

Years later and I still agree with you user. There is no replacement for Madoka to me.

Attached: 9db72f01cc6a43f304a21e5773218d1e.jpg (1536x800, 1.71M)

Attached: BslxhSmpHEEFfh9Qd7z5uTn3xe0DXSNU9kbq1e5GVIk.jpg (492x4213, 322K)

>Read that
>Have to literally stop and stare at the wall for a minute to let the crushing feels pass
Oh you motherfucker

Well I only watched it a few weeks ago. Thought it wasn't nearly as shocking as I was expecting, but I knew characters died going in, and I had just finished made in abyss, so I was a little de-sensitized.

Still, I liked the story, and the witch scenes were incredibly beautiful (pic related). Felt really bad for the blue haired girl, I knew she'd end up cucked.

Attached: madoka_magica_witch.jpg (1915x968, 534K)

>October 3
Oh, Madoka was born on International Koume day?

People think this? What is their justification?

is that a meme im not getting or are you retarded?

I just finished the series last night. I had no expectations going in whatsoever, other than it was something I've seen memed on Sup Forums over the years.
I can't believe I waited so long to watch it, it was fantastic.

The meme is you were not here 7 years ago and you obviously didn't watch Madoka as it was airing.

They saw Homura being edgy and immediately associated it with "bad".

Why do so many people use 'faithful' instead of 'fateful'?

Are the Netflix movies worth watching? I haven't looked into them at all

I weirdly got this show reverse-spoiled, where I saw a scene where Homura blow her brains out, so I assumed that was the third episode tone switch and was blindsided by Mami getting rekt. Was that scene from a movie instead?

If you think Homura was wrong, then you didn't understand Rebellion or maybe even lack the capacity to understand it at all, it was too deep4u;

netflix movies?
there is three movies and you should watch them all

They are not "Netflix movies". They are just movies that happen to be on Netflix. And Wikipedia should be able to tell you what the movies are.

1 and 2 (Beginnings and Eternal) are straight recaps, not worth a watch. 3 (Rebellion) you should watch, if only to say you've seen it.

>Netflix movies
Oh god, don't ever call them that again... if you've already seen the series, just watch the third movie (Rebellion), unless you want to re-experience the greatness that is Madoka Magica.

>Netflix movies
The absolute state of Sup Forums.

Attached: 1487063409466.png (1151x734, 467K)

>All the people sperging out over this post because I accidentally said Netflix movies instead of movies on Netflix
Jesus Christ Sup Forums, holster your autism

>Rebellion
Is shit. Madoka was perfect as as it was. The fucking homo drama was pointless pandering to retards.

I believe Rebellion was 2deep4u if you just saw it as that. It is legitimately a masterpiece.

>1 and 2 (Beginnings and Eternal) are straight recaps, not worth a watch
But you should get the fancut fags edit because a few scenes in the movies are better done. It's subtle but the facial expression in pic related is much better than in the tv show.

Attached: [Fancutfags]_Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_-_10_[BD-Fancut][h264-1080p_FLAC][1A5F84BA].mkv_snapshot_17.3 (1920x1080, 115K)

If you don't like being called retarded for being a retard maybe you should stick to reddit.

Something something she makes the entire universe bend over just so she can indulge in her yuri fantasies something something.

Not him but it was needless and takes away from the conciseness of the original series. I get that shaft likes money and don't fault them for it and it was as good as any continuation of the series possibly could have been, but it doesn't feel like it adds anything to the story.
The yuri pandering between Sayaka/Kyoko was stupid.

Attached: shinbo does it for love.jpg (394x293, 27K)

I agree, but he should still see it and form his own opinion.

>completely turned everything upside down
>doesn't feel like it adds anything to the story
u wot

Sometimes less is more.

>watching anime on netflix
>having netflix in the first place
>trying to save face by saying you just called it the wrong thing and aren't a retarded newfag
Fuck off and never come back.

That has nothing to do with your contradictory statement. It wasn't just an hour or so of SoL nothingness or some shitty sidestory or whatever. Whether or not you liked it is your opinion, but it objectively added a lot to the story.

PROPER ENDING WHEN?

Also, Sayaka worst girl

>December 2013 was 7 years ago

Replace "adds" with "contributes" in the sense of "helping make better" to get a better sense of what I was going for. Fanfiction technically adds to stories too.
I liked Rebellion. The art and music was great and it was, against the odds, successful in carrying on a lot of the feel of the original show. The story would have been complete without it. It just wasn't necessary.

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Magical_Girl_Madoka_Magica_08_(1920x1080_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[29CD63A8].mkv_snapshot_12.10_[20 (1920x1080, 139K)

Madoka Thursdays and SPECULAH threads were the highest hour of this board only third to /CODE GEASS/ and TTGL Sundays.

I want to go back

Attached: 1479047132665.png (912x2000, 1.13M)

I think its better to view Rebellion as a separate story rather than a direct continuation. It takes a lot of the same themes but treats them very differently.
You're worst girl.

I don't think there has ever been another show that stayed on my mind in between episodes like Madoka. It was great to watch while airing and likely benefited from being weekly instead of being marathoned.

Attached: fx7NW.jpg (600x459, 94K)

>The story would have been complete without it
In retrospect it wasn't. Homura's wish was to save Madoka by keeping her human but by the end of the TV series Madoka turns into a concept and stops existing as a person, which lead to Rebellion Homura going to great lengths to get her back as a human to live out a normal happy life. Technically at the end of the TV series Homura was already despairing from the lack of Madoka in her life.

Rebellion.

For me it's still the best anime ever made.

Attached: Walpurgisnacht.jpg (800x1200, 1.31M)

Penguindrum and somewhat Samurai Flamenco were the last shows with good speculation threads. And they were already at a time, especially Flamenco, during which generals were absolute.

Attached: 1321002631754.png (904x1892, 342K)

Ah, but that's where you're wrong. It doesn't add anything to the story indeed, but it's more of a meta-narrative, and that's why it was fun as fuck. It was a reaction to the tv series and to the reaction the fans had to the tv series. Ergo it was deliciously meta.

Don't listen to those who claim it's deep and shit, tho. Meta isn't deep.

>I think its better to view Rebellion as a separate story rather than a direct continuation
I entirely agree, the show stands up well on it's own but rebellion is decent enough that it shouldn't be entirely discarded.This way of thinking incorporates both movie and series without having them negatively effect each other.

You nailed it. That is what they got right the most in the movie; touching on the final unconcluded thread. In the show Homu in the end, despite her efforts, relying on Madoka to save the day after somewhat revealing all that she had struggled for worked really well for me as a character arc. However in the movie continuation Homura realizing it was only a partial victory and she had not truly saved Madoka, instead having Madoka again save her, was entirely in line with her character.

Attached: 1439397063620.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

>Fanfiction technically adds to stories too.
Not really considering they're not canon.

Rebellion is what elevated Madoka from "masterpiece" to "beyond time and space"

Attached: transcendingTimeAndSpace.png (961x540, 569K)

>it's more of a meta-narrative
I need to go back and rewatch it from that perspective. We're reaching irony levels that shouldn't even be possible.

Attached: 1464015562255.jpg (2000x1545, 291K)

Homura and Madoka kiss when?

She was neither right nor wrong, because Rebellion's ending was just random nonsense tossed together at the last minute to make the sequel a sure thing after the production committee got suddenly worried about the franchise's future. And everyone fell for it.

"No"

I feel like I unjustly dropped Penguindrum, although the first few episodes failed to get me hooked. I was also tired of Ishihara's memes after Star Driver being mostly trash.

Samurai Flamenco was a super wild ride, but it was a meme show. Nobody had any real attachment to the characters and we were all just there to see the next crazy twist.

I was with the minority that wanted Princess Principal to make it big. It had all the right ingredients to be the next huge anime original show. The first couple episodes were the stuff of legend, but after episode 4 it started to shit the bed.

Attached: 1501288711304.jpg (1000x5050, 1.98M)

The same day that Haruhi S3 and Despera are announced.

>everyone fell for it
Is this some hipster way of pretending to be superior for not liking something many other people liked? In any case you're objectively wrong, and to say that the ending was "random nonsense" just goes to show that you literally could not follow the plot of a cartoon.

>Nobody had any real attachment to the characters and we were all just there to see the next crazy twist.
I genuinely loved SamFlam.

Attached: 1428098927106.jpg (640x360, 50K)

>but it was a meme show. Nobody had any real attachment to the characters and we were all just there to see the next crazy twist.
You are wrong on both.
Also no show ever again will be able to achieve what the old ones could. Because of generals. Code Geass Season 3 might be our last change to see the board spammed with threads about it.
Not enough people watch everything that is airing, or even just one or two show, so it can be a proper board event. Everyone is stuck to their own shitty niche.

Attached: 1381639695523.png (286x348, 129K)

>We're reaching irony levels that shouldn't even be possible.
Yep.

By the way, if you missed watching Nunnally in Wonderland, it was again about the meta-narrative around CG.

Only good thing I remember about penguindrum was gg subs

Attached: 1364050948474.jpg (1701x1984, 1.98M)

>2014+4
>"""""people""""" still think this

Imagine being this fucking dumb.

It's still one of the best anime ever for me. What a fucking ride.

Mami has the best tits.

Wish I could've been here to see it.